[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gender Ministry Wants Female Circumcision Banned by Law
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: fgm3.jpg (32 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
fgm3.jpg
32 KB, 320x213
Wed, 12/23/2015 - 23:03 admin

By: Leroy M. Sonpon III

>Gender, Children and Social Protection Minister Julia Duncan Cassell has said her ministry will shortly submit an Act to the National Legislature to criminalize female circumcision or female genital mutilation (FGM), as well as ban other traditional practices associated with domestic violence in the country.

>Minister Cassell said if the Act is passed into law, FGM will be criminalized, especially when it involves a person who did not consent to the practice.

>According to Minister Cassell, the ministry has realized that FGM and domestic violence have taken on many forms and are being considered now as serious social evils and crimes against 'innocent victims' and society.

>The Gender Minister made the pronouncement on Monday, December 22 at the Capitol Building shortly after an hour-long meeting with the Joint Legislative Committee on Judiciary, Health and Gender Equity, Child Development and Social Services.

>She disclosed that President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf has already given her support to the passage of the draft law, which is currently before the National Legislature.

>The Minister's announcement comes just days after a UN report called on the Liberian government to abolish any cultural or traditional practices that violate human rights. Such practices, according to the report, include female genital mutilation, forced initiation into secret societies, witchcraft accusations, trials by ordeal and ritualistic killings.

>"Liberia's human rights obligations must take precedence over any local practices considered to be 'cultural' or 'traditional' where such practices are incompatible with human rights principles," said UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, during the release of the report in Liberia.

http://www.liberianobserver.com/news/gender-ministry-wants-female-circumcision-banned-law
>>
File: image_1.jpg (26 KB, 255x222) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
26 KB, 255x222
What the fuck is a gender ministry and why does it even have funding?
>>
>>25204592

>Established in 2001 by an Act of the National Legislature, the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection amongst other things serves as a driving force of Government for the practicalization of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and its related instruments including UN Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW); the Convention on the Rights of Children (CRC); the AU Protocols on Women and Children, UNSCR 1325 on Women Peace and Security; and the Beijing Platform for Action.

>The Ministry is mandated to advise Government on all matters affecting the development and welfare of women and children as well as any other matters referred to it by the Government.

>The Ministry is divided into two Departments: Planning and Administration; and Research and Technical Services. Each department is headed by a Deputy Minister and assisted by an Assistant Minster. These Departments are stratified into Divisions and Units headed by Directors/Coordinators.

http://socialprotection.org/institutions/liberia-ministry-gender-children-social-protection-mogcsp
>>
File: 1450049660620.png (68 KB, 174x255) Image search: [Google]
1450049660620.png
68 KB, 174x255
>>25204563
> 2016
> Having a Ministry of Social Constructs

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>25204563
And yet dr. Shekelstein can still cut off as many infant foreskin a s he wants and turn them into profitable high end anti-aging products. What a fucking time to be alive. Somebody end this ever waking nightmare.
>>
>>25204803
Why the fuck don't they care about male circumcision? That shit should be banned, I got cucked out of my own foreskin. Fucking whores.
>>
More info on one of the secret societies to which the article alluded:

Author: Emma Batha

>LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Liberia made history as the first African country to elect a female leader, but strong taboos make it one of the hardest countries to crack when it comes to tackling female genital mutilation (FGM).

>President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, who won the Nobel Peace Prize for her work on women's rights, has said little on the subject. But she is in an awkward position.

>FGM, an ancient ritual, is carried out in Liberia during traditional initiation ceremonies in bush schools, overseen by an immensely powerful women's secret society called the Sande.

>The girls involved are sworn to secrecy and told that they or a member of their family will die if they reveal what happens.

http://www.trust.org/item/20140205144950-niqxw/?source=spotlight
>>
>>25204851
There is hope for us yet anon. Foregen will have regenerative therapy available to grow back our foreskin in around 4-6 years depending on funding.
>>
File: feel.jpg (21 KB, 560x516) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
21 KB, 560x516
>>25205016

I wouldn't get my hopes up for it being that soon. Something tells me real foreskin regeneration will be a long way off.

Hopefully I'm wrong.
>>
File: slut by night saint by day.jpg (120 KB, 472x892) Image search: [Google]
slut by night saint by day.jpg
120 KB, 472x892
>>25204563
can we outlaw male circumcision as well?

or are we still pretending that barbaric practice isn't barbaric so long as it's done to men?
>>
>>25205436

>can we outlaw male circumcision as well?

OP here.

If I could, I would. Genital mutilation is wrong.

Both boys and girls should have the right to grow up without being subjected to such atrocities.
>>
>>25205365
I hope you're wrong too my mutilated brother. Luckily there are organizations of doctors and Lawyers trying to end this shit. I just want to be a natural human being but it's too much to ask.

>>25205436
They tried to ban it in germany but the jews and mudslimes literally went full "oyvey it's like another shoah!!" And it was shot down. It makes my stomach hurt when I read about it.
>>
>black people
desu senpai
>>
File: femalecirc.jpg (140 KB, 960x664) Image search: [Google]
femalecirc.jpg
140 KB, 960x664
>>25205832

Female circumcision isn't just practiced in Black majority countries.
>>
>>25205892
muslims are honorary niggers
>>
>>25205537
Comon Germany you were soooo close. Make Europe great again plz
>>
>>25205892
>>25205973
All semites are fucking subhuman.
>>
>>25205892
>brown people
desu senpai
>>
>>25205981
A whole bumch of Scandinavian countries are giving it a go too, but as per usual, Mehmet and schlomo are ruining lives.
>>
im fucking sick of hearing about these stupid fucking black stacies getting their roasties sliced up
why don't you cunts discuss male genital mutilation
>>
>>25204563
What is female circumcision and why should I care?
>>
>>25206045
>why don't you cunts discuss male genital mutilation
because we're brits mate, we're all in-tact q
>>
>>25205436
>drinking Budweiser

She deserves to lose her job.
>>
>>25206128
Lucky fuck. It's incredible, Britain adopted male genital mutilation in the late Victorian Era. But eventually they realized it was fucking retarded and stopped. America? Over here we just kept on snippin'
>>
>>25206231
feeels fucking good, never understood le lube meme in american teen films because i never needed it
>>
>>25204833
>>25204851
>>25205016
>>25205365
>>25205436
>>25205505
>>25205537
>>25206045
>>25206092
>>25206128

>female "circumcision": complete removal of clitoris, vaginal lips, and all other pleasure-receiving genitalia

>male circumcision: snipping off a little foreskin, penis itself remaining intact

Yep, totes the same thing
>>
>>25206345
this bait isn't going to work on me
>>
>>25206345
>totes
Roastie leave
>>
>>25206092

Female circumcision involves cutting off part of a girl's genitals. There are different forms; a discussion of all the different types would take a long time.

It was practiced in the US to some extent during the late Victorian Era and even into the 20th century. There are some American women alive today who had their clitoral hood or glans clitoridis cut off when they were young girls.

Since about 1996 it has been illegal in the US to do to this girls without their consent--unless there is a medical inclination due to some kind of deformity, etc. (I'd bet there's a good chance that some of these "medical" reasons are spurious).

The practice continues in many countries, like Liberia, although they hopefully will ban it soon.

You should care because it's a violation of human rights and many victims wind up physically and emotionally scarred for life because this procedure was forced on them. Some young women even die (probably not common when it's done in a clean, clinical setting, but in Liberia it's often done in bush conditions).
>>
>>25206376
you should care more about the mutilated genitals in your own country
>>
Am I the only guy here who thinks clipping roastie clits is a good thing? It keeps women from slutting it up from chad, cheating, being feminist cunts, etc, which can only be a good thing
>>
>>25206376
>"waaah! stacy can no longer cum after fucking chad"
>"dont even look at me you creeper! How dare ugly guys like you even have a sex drive!"
>>
>>25206345
Your damage control has no power here bagelstein. The foreskin contains 80% of a man's erogenous fine touch/ temperature sensing nerves, and removing it keratinises and desensitises the glans, an internal organ meant to only be exposed within the walls of a vagina.
>>
>>25206302
You have no idea how much I envy you. I feel like I am half the man I could have been.
>>
>>25206550
>tfw erect and first time with gf and she asks if im circumcised, laugh and say no, stupid girl doesn't even know how a proper penis actually works
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.