[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw getting in shape >tfw Staceys now are all over my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: happypepe.jpg (15 KB, 250x228) Image search: [Google]
happypepe.jpg
15 KB, 250x228
>tfw getting in shape
>tfw Staceys now are all over my dick

Feels good man.
>>
>>28071001
Man I've been improving myself recently too. Like, I actually went to a party a few days ago. I wonder at what point we lose our robot status.
>>
>tfw skinny fucker
Should i work out? I tried it and the process is so fucking long. Is is really worth it OP?
>>
>>28071001
tfw even getting in shape won't attract ladies because you crazy
>>
>>28071030
Not OP, but people will respect you more if you're kinda built/lean.
>>
>>28071030
>30 minutes every other day for like 2 months
>long
no its not lmao you only get girls if you know what you're doing with them
>>
>>28071001
I started running two times per week and I also do sport therapy once a week in a mental hospital
Trying to run a marathon next year
Will I look weird when I only have muscles on my legs?
>>
>>28071030
it's not long. If you aim to gain 1 kg per month (totally feasible for the first year of training), you will have put on 12 kgs within one year. How is that not tolerable to you?

Plus, it gets really noticeable after +-5 kgs of gains, and the general strength and fitness gains should keep you motivated on their own.
>>
>>28071030
Dude lift some weights and eat more. And remember, do not stop!
>>
>>28071247
Yes
>>28071027
It never ends. I'm considering pretending to be mute because conversation kills me. Girls actually show interest in me now until I open my mouth.
>>
>>28071377
>Yes
My mental hospital is paying for a really fancy gym(costs like 80-100 eur per month), but my social anxiety is preventing me from entering it
Should I just do sit ups and stuff once a week?
>>
somehow I doubt it
>>
>>28071377
>It never ends. I'm considering pretending to be mute because conversation kills me. Girls actually show interest in me now until I open my mouth.

Yeah, that's what kills me too. Although, I did manage to have a few conversations, I was mostly at a loss for what to say. I suppose I'm just going to have to deal with my awkwardness until I just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>28071524
Buy a Dumbell set and follow this workout.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html
>>
>>28071030
Its particularly worth it to lift if youre skinny. All gains you make will be very noticeable since you dont have fat covering it up. Look up SL5x5. Ez mode 3 days per week plan that will make you big if you eat right while you do it. And eating right is very easy: eat a gram of protein per pound that you weigh and you'll be good.

I started as a fat as fat ass and 2 years into lifting i can say it was extremely worth it. You can do it anon.
>>
>>28071653
Getting fatter was what convinced me to exercise too. I'm only a month in and I'm down ~5 lbs, which maybe isn't that noticeable, but it definitely feels different.
>>
>>28071524
Yeah don't do what that other guy said. Face your fears, change your future, go to the gym and do proper lifting. Unless there's an actual "good" reason you have for wanting to run a marathon, it'll just make your body look like shit dude. That's a ton of work to not get gains. If you're working that hard, work smart and get gains.
>>28071579
It's such a bizarre experience. You're a background character all your life until you get fit. Suddenly girls show interest/assume that you aren't an autist. You legit blow their minds when you're an autist.
>>
>>28071653

Eating is hard for skellies though. If it were easy everyone would be fat/ripped.
>>
>>28071728
>Face your fears, change your future, go to the gym and do proper lifting.
wow you changed my life
I was only imagining the constant anxiety and the regular panic attacks
Better throw away my antidepressants and my xanax
Thank you mate
>>
>>28071728
>It's such a bizarre experience. You're a background character all your life until you get fit. Suddenly girls show interest/assume that you aren't an autist. You legit blow their minds when you're an autist.

A while ago there was this girl who was obviously into me, but the second she learned I didn't have any friends she lost all interest. I guess it's just the same way we would feel if we found out our crush stuffed her bra and looked like ass without makeup.
>>
>>28071524
>my mental hospital

You have more important things to worry about than getting girls
>>
>>28071873
I don't care about girls
I just don't want to look weird
Never even had a crush in my life
>>
>>28071001
Cuntgratulations, OP, you can now orbit Stacies.
>>
>>28071835
Okay, be a sarcastic bitch about it, run a marathon and get zero gains. Not my problem.
>>
>>28072068
What kind of response did you expect?
Do you tell people with cancer to just get over it?
>>
>>28071001

>tfw getting in shape
>nobody notices it
>I literally gained 2kilos of muscular mass the last couple of weeks

I still wonder why I put so much effort into improving myself and yet I still feel like I'm invisible, I hope all the work will pay one day.
>>
I sometimes feel like I should start lifting. I'm more of a cardio type of a guy, I run and do cross country skiing, but girls want a strong muscular guy, not a skinny guy with really good endurance.
>>
File: 1460992768298.jpg (453 KB, 808x2400) Image search: [Google]
1460992768298.jpg
453 KB, 808x2400
>>28071001
>>28071027
>>28071030
>>28072219
>>28072287
Lifting weights/gettig in shape is a fantasatic idea but make sure you do it for yoruself and not for women. Whores come and go and if you do it for them that means youll stop for them as well. Improve yourself for yourself. Seriously dont rely on what other people think.
>>
>>28072116
Yeah dude, this is just like cancer. I swoop down, say get over it, and cure fucking cancer. That's exactly what I'm saying. By and by, you aren't a special snowflake for feeling anxious about the gym. But this is r9k so we just have to yell loudly enough to make our problems important.

In closing, your legs are going to eventually look disproportionately big, assuming you don't bail on this entirely.
>>
>>28072219
>2 weeks
>WHY WON'T THEY NOTICE MY GAINS REEEEE
Come on.
>>
>>28071001
>tfw lanklet
>tfw Staceys are over my dick since I was little

Feels good man.
>>
>>28072436
>I decide what a disease is and what isn't one
>Fuck the thousands of trained professionals that say otherwise

>assuming you don't bail on this entirely.
Already have been doing it for two months so I don't think I will quit
>>
>>28072516
Jesus Christ, any quack psych will call you depressed and anxious if it means you pay them sessions on the regular. And even if do suffer from crippling anxiety, you're telling me the solution is to never live your life and instead cower around, sitting at home alone, not facing your fears at all. I didn't realize anxiety = never improve, my bad. Boy that must be nice, blaming all of your shortcomings on mental illness X. Just be sure to break all your mirrors, god forbid you look in one and the wall of delusions break down for a second. 10 bucks says you never run a marathon. Enjoy your leg gains.
>>
>>28072576
But I am not sitting at home alone
Can you even read?

Why are you on /r9k/ instead of /fit/ mate
>>
tfw started lifting and got fit. finally getting attention form qts. Girl at work even told my mate she wants to fuck me

tfw ignore qts for fun now. Literally best feeling ever
>>
>>28072643
Ah yes, sorry. Sit around your mental hospital cowering around, alone, not facing your fears, not striving to your goals. You have anxiety which medically translates to an excuse to never try in life and instead bitch on 4chan.

I like to bounce back to my old homeboard sometimes.
>>
File: 1429833472986.png (30 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1429833472986.png
30 KB, 400x400
>tfw getting in shape
>tfw Staceys now are all over my dick
>tfw too scared to get laid
>tfw their blatant sexuality is frightening

WHERE CAN I GET A GF THAT WILL HELP ME EASE INTO THIS NEW WORLD WITHOUT LAUGHING AT ME?
>>
Fellas /fit/ is shit.. should I do a bro split or stick with a 3 day full body workout?

I've been at the gym for 3 months now, I started at 249 lbs I'm at 225 now. I've missed 4 out out of 12 weeks because

>Pulled a shoulder muscle
>Got a cold

I've made decent strength gains so far

>50 lb curl to 60 lbs
>Went up 10 lbs on bench for 8-12 reps sets. From 95 lbs to 115 lbs. Can max around 150ish, I'm pretty weak there

Thoughts?
>>
>>28072790
You are aware that exposure therapy is a big part of anxiety therapy, right?
Did you ever read a book after high school?
Actually did you even finish high school?
>>
File: 1453321414581.jpg (38 KB, 418x345) Image search: [Google]
1453321414581.jpg
38 KB, 418x345
>>28072747
100% this, its sounds insane but once you start getting attention there is no better feeling then ignoring/turning roasties down. Its like you have all the power now. Think george costanza, i got so much hand im coming out of my gloves.
>>
>>28072449

I've been lifting for 5 months, I've made great gains only this past weak, learn how to read faggot.
>>
File: 1363770165081.jpg (39 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
1363770165081.jpg
39 KB, 500x366
>>28072866
this right here senpai

origino
>>
Here come the delusional /fit/ faggots "a girl looked at me since I got in shape, that means stacys want to rape me"

Your.Face.Sucks.
>>
>>28072866
Get a prostitute
>>28072869
You can't say your weight without mentioning your other stats. It sounds like you need to do a hard cut with minimal gains and more focus on burning calories.
>>28072873
Great. Go expose yourself to the gym. Or don't and train for a marathon. Look dude you clearly want to make me out as the devil but at the end of the day, you are the one making the choices in your life. If you want to choose the marathon then go for it, but you will get disproportionate legs. That's the choice that you make. Or go ahead and blame me for your choices as well.
>>
>>28072999

Nice trips bro. I'm 6'1", pretty high BF % when the gym did my assessment. Do you need any other stats?

I do about 30 minutes of cardio riding my bike to and from the gym 3 days a week. Sometimes I'll do an hour and 20 minute bike ride to and from work, about once a week.

I'm eating calorie deficient and clean btw
>>
>>28072999
>Go expose yourself to the gym.
This is not how it works
All you had to do was highlight exposure therapy and right click google it
>>
>tfw get fit and find a stacey
>tfw shes a extrovert party girl
>tfw 2 years later still have pathetic break downs to myself when she goes out with her friends
>tfw dont really know what to do
>>
>>28073053
3 day until you hit a reasonable weight. Going for hard gains when cutting isn't a good plan.
>>28073063
>Exposure therapy is a technique in behavior therapy used to treat anxiety disorders. It involves the exposure of the patient to the feared object or context without any danger, in order to overcome their anxiety.
Great. The gym has no danger. Expose away. Or don't and blame me for every dream you didn't pursue.
>>
>>28071001
>all he had to do was get fit to get Stacys

Ah I see, you must be tall OP. Must be nice.
>>
>>28073146
>the therapy technique gradually exposes
>gradually
>adverb
>adverb: gradually
>in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
>"the situation gradually improved"
>synonyms: slowly, moderately, unhurriedly, cautiously, gently, gingerly, circumspectly, unspectacularly; piecemeal, step by step, little by little, bit by bit, inch by inch, piece by piece, drop by drop, by degrees; progressively, successively, continuously, systematically, slowly but surely; regularly, steadily, evenly, constantly, consistently, uniformly, at a regular pace; rareinchmeal, gradatim
>"you can begin to introduce new ideas gradually"
Reading is hard
>>
>>28071684
5 lbs. for a month is good. Think of where you'll be in half a year
>>
>>28073235
Yep, again your shortcomings is my fault. You could walk through the front doors one day, ask for a tour the next. Sign up the next. Try one machine the next. Another machine the next. Talk to a trainer the next. Then another trainer the next, and that one you liked so you ask them to help you get started. But you aren't doing any of that. You're just sitting here bitching to the internet about how it's our fault and not yours. Thanks for googling the definition of gradually, as if that had any relevance to you being a lazy bitch.
>>
>>28072643
>Why are you on /r9k/
He's clearly autistic and makes a great fit for r9k
>>
>>28073326
>Yep, again your shortcomings is my fault.
Why do you keep saying this
Do you actually understand the English language?
>>
>>28073146

got a normie job and use that as my exposure therapy. dont interact with people at the gym so thats shit for anxiety
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.