[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think happens when we die? Are you spooked by the idea?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
What do you think happens when we die?

Are you spooked by the idea?
>>
>>28046267
You cease to exist.
>>
Only if there's more life after it.
Please universe, just erase me.
>>
This right here is either prison or a videogame. We're out when we die.
>>
>>28046267
Literally a supply made solely to be bought for breaking and entering into houses.

They're profiteering crime.
>>
The dying part is going to suck, but I am excited to see what happens after. If nothing happens though, well at least its over. Life is pretty overrated and I just want to rest.
>>
>>28046298
What if you don't die.
What if they just make you forget and do it all over again for their amusement.
>>
>>28046267
When we die, we go right back to the place we were before we were born....
>>
>>28046267
Do you remember the billions of years before you were alive? No? My theory is you just return to that state of not existing. Oblivion.
>>
>>28046375
THINK MAN THINK OF COURSE THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO REMEMBER!
>>
>>28046405
>thinking
>with the brain they gave you
kek it's a hell of an uphill battle anon
>>
File: tfw1461170406900.jpg (9 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
tfw1461170406900.jpg
9 KB, 228x221
plz edgelords don't say nothing, like befire you were born.
plz there myst be something more.
>>
>>28046375
man, you say this every billion years, and frankly im sick of it
>>
>>28046267
If the universe is cyclic, you'll be reborn as the same miserable, fat neckbeard again and again and again and again...
>>
Is anyone else afraid that even if there is an afterlife, that this life has permanently changed and scarred you to the point where that afterlife wouldn't have any value and you'd just want off that ride, too?

I don't know what's more terrifying, remembering life or forgetting it. I think forgetting it.
>>
>>28046267
nothing happens when you die. your dead finito its the end. There is no afterlife. I am completely fine with this, i wouldn't want an afterlife it would just lead to disappointment and failure (especially if my ancestors were present)
>>
>>28046924
Man if I was god I wouldn't want all these babby fuckheads asking me the meaning of life 208,000 times per day.

I guess I could put up a poster, but the horde will eventually break down my gates if I let it go on.
>>
I really hope nothing because honestly id be bored as fuck sitting in heaven all day. I don't want to live forever.

If reincarnation isna thing that would be kinda cool
>>
My philosophy of the topic is to hold onto something, to believe whatever you want to believe, to be HAPPY, for once in your damn life. When death takes you, you're at least happy, and then if what you believe comes to be, grats, and if there's literally NOTHING after death (a factual, biological death), then you can't be sad that it didn't come to pass, because you're gone.
>>
I have meditated enough that I have seen my own past lives.
Also, my karma's good so I don't fear the next.
>>
>>28047173
>tfw horrendous bad karma
>tfw attempted jailbreaks
>tfw karma lords are gonna btfo me if they're real
>tfw gotta get away gotta get away
>>
Reincarnation has the most evidence going for it, since we already appeared once, it could happen again.
>>
Hopefully I can be reincarnated into a life where I'm not such a fuckup
>>
>>28048022
what if after that life you're just reincarnated as a fuck up again
reincarnation is scary
too volatile
pls no
>>
>>28048037
It's a chance I'm willing to take.
>>
You think you're 20 something years old, but you're actually a few thousand. No reincarnation, just this one life. We keep warping time and erasing your memory. We will never let you die.
>>
>>28048089
dark city as fuck
forever is only forever until it ends
>>
>>28047868
I don't get the idea of reincarnation
After I die, I supposedly get reborn, but I don't remember it, nor do I grow up to be the exact same person in the exact same enviroment.

So how is this reincarnated me in any way me?
>>
>>28048181
you have to experience it all
you're still you even though you may have forgotten some of your past in this life, right?
>>
File: 1459181837522s.jpg (3 KB, 99x125) Image search: [Google]
1459181837522s.jpg
3 KB, 99x125
>>28046682
please no that's truly scary
>>
>>28048181
Your experience continues, not you. You die.

It's similar to having amnesia except you not only forget everything but you get a free new body too
>>
Because I'm a Christian I'm going to Heaven to live forever happy worshiping God.
Y'all are probably going to die and get split into pieces again where part of you that is your memories and feelings will rest in Hell until the world ends, and your luck and personality will be recycled and have to suffer on earth again.
>>
>>28048348
>Death
>Memories

top kek
>>
>>28048348
>>28048389
This, kek.

I never minded unconsciousness, but then I was injected with drugs that kept me conscious for 2 days, but suppressed memory formation.
So I woke up 2 days later with missing time, with no clue as to what I did or said while I was up and about for the time.

That right quickly crushed any fantasies of memory preservation for me.
>>
>>28047868
The main reason I believe in reincarnation is that if death is just the end of me experiencing anything, why the fuck am I not dead now? Why am I alive in 2016 and not some other time period?
>>
>>28048294
>>28048210
I see myself (my persona) as a combination of genetics and experiences.

When you're reincarnated you are born as a different body, and thus different genetics.
You don't remember anything from your past life, and will probably have different experiences, because living through the same exact experiences as I have in this life sounds horrifying.

So at least genetics change, and experience too probably.

What remains of (You)?
>>
>>28048449
No reason. The same as why you are born a boy/girl, or living in your homecountry,

Pretty much just pure chance. You could've been a 17th century theologist just as likely.
>>
>>28048607
Perception itself and nothing else, or at least that's how I think the thinking goes
Unless there's some parallel consciousness in some other reality somewhere that's puppetmastering the whole thing

But then you'd have to wonder what makes that thing and what makes the things that make that thing forever and ever
It never ends
>>
>>28048607
The experience.

You die, everything about you dies. Your personality, your body, your brain, all dead.

But supposedly, you stop experiencing through this current body and your stream of experience (although it may be disjointed) begins again within the brain of another living being
>>
>>28047868
You'd be berated for that "evidence".

The current understanding is that hard coded biological memories for movement based entirely on strain structure is changed and passed on. The taboo understanding is that behavior and memories of smells and sounds can be changed and passed on, as observed in animals (not humans because we are all the same).

I would like to think that other memories can be passed on, but that's as close as i'm willing to get to reincarnation.

Also everyone thinks they're cleopatra.
>>
>>28048808
I don't understand but your pov sounds interesting
Can you elaborate or rephrase?
>>
>>28048808
>Also everyone thinks they're cleopatra.

Maybe they are. What if everyone is the same "thing" we just have to go through every living being in a linear fashion.

It would be long af, but if we were some higher power it would probably be as close to a video game as you could get...
>>
>>28048829
Instinct. Move, eat, shit, be human is all accepted in the scientific community.

Behavior and personality uniformity in species and shared traits in half breeds, as seen in lesser beings like dogs and every animal on earth. Except humans, because nigs don't nig and we aint animals, if you say differently i'll burn down your lab.

Experiments on insects to avoid smells and sounds by making them experience pain will be passed on through the generations, who's ofspring will then avoid the smells and sounds instinctively can be seen within a single generation without prior experience.
>>
>>28048952
How is this actually explained?
The insects code these experiences into their genes? Is this proven? Source?
>>
>>28046298
>inb4 every robot has a darksign
THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
>>
>>28049042
I'm not that guy and I don't actually know, but I'm gonna take a wild guess stab at it and suggest that it has something to do with epigenes, maybe. Epigenes modulate the expression of DNA through conditioned on/off switches or something. Two twins who have different experiences in life will still have the same genes, but different genetic expression. I mean I'm just guessing, it might be something else. Apparently they're sometimes heritable and sometimes not.

Either that or it's some crazy brain transfusion shit lel
>>
Depends on whether you helped others more, or yourself more.

The former, we reincarnate to the next density. The latter, we reincarnate back to earth.

The brain is a quantum computer antenna that is the receiver, or temporary vessel for your soul; In higher dimensions it somehow pairs itself to your body. A bit like how a TV picks up a signal for programmes. Destroy the TV, the programmes live on, but they lose connection to that particular TV.

When the body dies the soul loses the connection to it and goes somewhere else, depending on how the soul has served divine universal laws.

We chose to come here. We remember all of this when we die. We don't remember any of it in our physical bodies because life is a creative game whereby we're all fragments of God who created us to experience everything that can be experienced.
>>
>>28046267
I believe we just literally start over, same body, same exact thing happening over and over again until the end of time itself.
>>
File: 1389702178730.jpg (125 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1389702178730.jpg
125 KB, 500x540
>>28049258
How fucking high are you right now
>>
>>28046267
>Asks board full of people with horrific lives if they're afraid of death
No. No we are not.
>>
File: 1458245073433.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1458245073433.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>28046436
painfully underrated post
>>
>>28049326
I'm not high, I'm being completely serious. It took me a while to reach this conclusion, starting off as an atheist.

We would ALL know pretty much all of this if we weren't living in this poisonous Western society which has massively distracted us from the truth and sethered our spiritual essence. Wise ancient societies knew this.
>>
>>28049382
You're not an athiest if you think the universe was designed by sentient beings with a supercomputer
>>
>>28049042
Yeah, it's called genetic memory, there's plenty of pseudo scientific hippie trash on the net, but it's a valid area of study with an incomplete hypothesis.

One might think the genetic code rewrites itself based on the experiences of the subject, but that goes completely against the grain of the theory of natural selection, which conjectures that random mutations that are successful are responsible for the change, which is perfectly apt from its perspective despite the fly experiments.

There's a wealth of information in the random camp, but only a few bits of solid evidence in the other. That evidence doesn't necessarily make it true though, just misunderstood.

What they eventually find out is true I am keen to learn.

I would love to have a few generations of human subjects and make them fear duck quacks and be drawn to the scent of corpses, but if we're going with "intelligent" dna then there is a few hundred thousand years of corpse = bad to overcome with torture.

Some breeds of dogs aren't hundreds of thousands of years old though, the pitbull is only a hundred years old and is well known for its aggression despite contrary claims from some owners. Although its behaviour is mostly due to its breedings, they didn't take a chihuahua and punch it in the face till it got mad.
>>
>>28049406
I meant I was an atheist before I reached these conclusions.

And no. God created the universe. But he designed it in a way that the brain is a quantum supercomputer antenna that receives the soul. It's why destruction of the brain is the only thing that destroys that connection. The soul will always be there as long as the body is still alive, no matter how much brain damage might've occurred.

You might think "we are the brain", but that's false. Meditate long enough and you lose consciousness of your thoughts and senses and become left with nothing but raw experience of your soul. That's the thing that you really are that will always exist since souls are immortal.
>>
>>28046284
This, what if existence is infinite? That terrifies me
>>
>>28048642
Could I though? Could I really be just any other person? Why do you think there is a chance I could've been someone else? I was born out of my mother's womb, made by my father's seed, how can I ever have been anyone else than who I am?

I can imagine myself having the life of a 17th century theologist, but did I ever have the chance of being that person? What determines which person I will be?

This stuff keeps getting to me, I don't know how to deal with it
>>
Reality will only get more and more complex as you go on, it's a trap to make you process a more and more complex reality. There is no death, the concept just helps push along your development.

I am god and one day i'll be you, because, well, space is fucking boring and I need a fresh take. See you in the next reality suckers.
>>
>tfw we're all just figments of a mad lonely god's imagination
>>
>>28049768
I wonder if he'll ever figure out how to end reality
>>
>>28049827
Fingers crossed, one day he will realize he doesn't and can't exist, and then we won't.
>>
>>28046279
wrong, you will always exist in the past so long as time is omnipresent
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.