[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tinnitus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: dzhokhar-tsarnaev-1024[1].jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dzhokhar-tsarnaev-1024[1].jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>recent got tinnitus
>struggling to justify living
>looking up how other people cope with it
>boston marathon bombing survivors
>guy lost 90% of hearing and it's 8 times as worse as what I have
>Tsarnaev's attack caused a huge boost in research, treatment, and awareness
>learning this for some reason made me feel at ease and made the ringing fade temporarily

Holy shit, I never realized that this guy would become my savior 3 years later. I'm not saying I'd do anything or telling anyone else to do anything but holy shit it would be incredible for tinnitus treatment if more bombings happened. If ISIS did planned consecutive bombings and ruined the hearing of thousands of people I would at least feel at ease to be surrounded by more people like myself. It's also the most humbling thing, it'll humble anyone after the initial breaking in of their psyche to know there is no escape, there will never be true peace. I've got my fingers crossed, please.
>>
>>27994539

lmfao you crack me up anon
>>
>>27994566
Humor aside it causes a massive boost to medical research when attacks happen, if more reach people get blown to shit but still live to know the hell of the ringing then things will only get better. More rich people should be blown up by not me and I'm not saying do that either.
>>
>>27994611
I would like to congratulate us on our dubs. hope your ears get better
>>
How long you had tinnitus? About a year ago I had severe tinnitus that lasted about 10 days, then faded to very mild that I only notice when in bed and doesn't bother anymore.
>>
>>27994630
Thanks, I hope so too. I genuinely don't like being edgy but it's a byproduct of me going insane.

>>27994634
I've had it since Friday but I think it's here to stay. I want to get used to it and if I don't then I have to basically just kill myself.
>>
>>27994539
There's already a treatment where you listen to a series of tones and it conditions your brain to ignore the tinnitus.
>>
>>27994658
>since Friday
Well don't be so sure. Even severe tinnitus can greatly reduce or go away completely within a few weeks. Do you know what caused it?

I had my ears checked and they found nothing wrong with my ears or hearing, still not sure.
>>
Hey OP, I had tinitus since I was 16 (>le loud party maymay, it never went away)

Hopefully I got used to it, now I'm fine with this shit. For the first few months it was a living hell, even considered suicide because of it. Took me 5 years to 100% get used to it

Prepare for depression tbqh, but it will go away eventually
>>
I have it mildly from when I got swimmers ear once. I barely notice it now and it seems to get a little better with time.
>>
>>27994539
I think I've had tinnitus all my life. It's just a high pitch ringing when everything else is silent.
I went for years thinking it was normal because when I asked my mum she had it too.
I just tune it out and never notice it until I see something reminding me of the ringing like this thread.
>>
>>27994674
I shot a revolver that made the ear plugs virtually ineffective, it's probably permanent. I just try not to think about it but sometimes I can't stop it.

>>27994771
I've already cried every day and felt dizzy and sick but it went away when my mood improved, I might end up breaking down again depending on if these ear buds work.

>>27994809
Mine should also be mild, but that ultimately means nothing if the ear is blocked. I'm hoping it gets better.

I've gone through my music to find things to help me relax and I found that Vaporwave/Trap can be helpful sometimes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpk9JdiqiNg
>>
>>27994897
I don't want to keep bringing your attention to it, but is yours permanent? I did hear ringing many times in complete silence but that's just the brain fucking around, not a result of damage.
>>
>>27994924
Yeah it's permanent but it is easily drowned out by actual noises. I used to sleep in a room that had a boiler which made a continuous hum so I didn't notice it until I tried sleeping in a room that was actually silent. I used to have to sleep with a fan on even in the winter because the white noise drowned it out but now I'm used to it. It doesn't stress me out or anything. I'll probably forget to pay attention to the noise in a couple of minutes,
>>
>>27994971
Alright thanks for the input, I'm going to do the same thing.
>>
>>27994910
Place your palms over your ears with your fingers pointed behind you so it creates an airtight seal. Use both index fingers and gently tap on the back of your neck just below the base of your skull. It should make a thudding or thunking sound in your ear which is kind of soothing. Do this for 30 seconds and then remove your hands. I guarantee your tinnitus will be gone completely. It's only temporary, but it can give you some relief.
>>
>>27995078
Holy shit it worked
>>
File: 1459902159620.jpg (14 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
1459902159620.jpg
14 KB, 222x227
>>27994539
>America
>fueled by fear
>manipulated by fear

I love it.
>>
>>27995078
I do that when I'm desperate, except people say slightly different things about the fingers. Right now I'm drowning it out with youtube videos and my computer humming.
>>
>>27995133
It's retarded but that's the way it is, if midde class of rich people get their eardrums blown out in an important location we'll start seeing more progress.
>>
i've had slight tinnitus since 2010 or and had it increase a bit more since 2012 after going to first festival without earplugs. i've always listened to stuff at lower or moderate loudness. how the fuck do normalfags listen to crazy loud stuff weekly and go to events and not wear ear protection? is there hearing that fucked up already? it's a bit annoying since i'd like to be a music producer
>>
>>27995188
Apparently some normies where I work have ruined their hearing and just keep going to concerts over and over until they go deaf. I wouldn't mind losing hearing if it wasn't replaced by, something worse. I need to start carrying ear plugs on me at all times in my fucking wallet or something.
>>
I've had tinnitus since 4th grade when my teacher used a loud speaker to torture me because she considered it disrespectful to cover my ears because the noise was too loud.

I wish there was feasible treatment. I've done some thing that have helped relieve the impression of the noise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSismKRHjZ0
This track pretty much has the exact frequency of the noise I hear. So when listening to it it's like I don't have Tinnitus. You start appreciating how things sound in a very different way. It also varies a little. You don't feel like it's internal anymore. It's pretty sweet. I've had many different tones from time to time. At most 3. Some I could consciously vary. Those are incredibly annoying. But this song helps a lot because when it suddenly breaks that noise you get a short sensation of being without tinnitus. It's pretty sweet.

You really do get used to it when it's just the simple case though. It's an annoyance when you pay attention to it but it's very similar to thinking about how you walk or thinking about your breathing.
>>
>>27995428
That's also my frequency but I just have the two tones, yesterday I was pretending it was the sound of crickets and visualizing being in another home in the evening. I did fall asleep, but I was unable to sleep for 3 hours before that. I'll try this video you posted.
>>
File: 1442875956786.png (217 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1442875956786.png
217 KB, 500x281
>>27994539
Tinnitus is a huge problem in the military and the VA literally doesn't give a shit about it. Tinnitus is also a bitch.
>>
>>27995507
At least 90% of fictional characters should have tinnitus after all their bullshit, Archer was right.
>>
>>27995428
>this video started fucking playing by itself
>started hearing the high pitch
>started frantically looking around my room thinking my hearing just broke even more
I just shit myself.
>>
>>27995428

REEEEEE that's the sound!
But in my case it comes and goes.

Will it afflict me permanently some day?
>>
Guys. Put your hands on the back of your head over your ears. Cross the ring and middle finger and tap the fleshy part of the back of the neck. It helps to relax the muscles causing some of the tinnitus.
>>
Try this, OP.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

You will get used to the sound and eventually even ignore it. I can go hours now without even hearing my T.
>>
>>27995567
Nofap has prepared me for this, it's essentially the same thing taking from this.
>>
>>27995078
holy shit this si the firstr time ive heard shit without ringing
feels weird man
>>
These must be the prime hours of the people fucked by life because this was one of the more sophisticated threads.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.