[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /r9k/, give me your feels. I want to be consumed in darkness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 24
File: I didn't ask for this feel.jpg (642 KB, 1150x3664) Image search: [Google]
I didn't ask for this feel.jpg
642 KB, 1150x3664
Alright /r9k/, give me your feels.

I want to be consumed in darkness
>>
>>27986989
damn that last line is the truest shit I've ever read
>>
>years ago i worked at a grocery store stop and shop
>a boss person was kind of a fat hot girl
>she was like the nicest boss, girl there
>i hear to talk to her more get her number from someone
>we got alone i was very nervous
>i chickened out and walked away
>she told me that she quit
>i almost break into cheers
>another bitchy boss tells me it's ok i'll find someone
>(she was a bitch kind of knew she had power and about my age
>fast forward years later
>get into a car accident
>get a brain injury go to rehab
>for like a year see speech therapist
>heal more get better
>someone tells me that my speech teacher fine me ok
>get nervous again about asking the girl
>we start talking about taco bell
>it clicks in my head it was the boss
>she got freaked out that i remember her
>had a dream she wanted me
>tell her sorry i missed your signals
>she tells me it was a dream and has a boyfriend
>i missed out
>>
>>27987403
Excellent feel, none of that adolescent crybaby bullshit, some true-to-life stuff you're slinging there, bordering on surreal, fully Pynchonian, god bless you truth teller, the stuff of dreams...
>>
File: hates itself.jpg (220 KB, 1893x715) Image search: [Google]
hates itself.jpg
220 KB, 1893x715
Posting feels photos here is annoying because of the robot and the 60 second latency period. But I'll post a few.
>>
File: sucide story .jpg (977 KB, 801x3037) Image search: [Google]
sucide story .jpg
977 KB, 801x3037
Titled this one suicide story.
>>
File: blue eyes .png (2 MB, 1420x1634) Image search: [Google]
blue eyes .png
2 MB, 1420x1634
Titled this one blue eyes.
>>
File: drawing feels .png (882 KB, 1961x1139) Image search: [Google]
drawing feels .png
882 KB, 1961x1139
Titled this one "drawing feels".
>>
>>27987504
this brain injury makes me get feel like their real life things that happen i have a few

>i was at another rehab place before the out patient place
>i was in bed sleeping
>dreamed that i was driving home from the place
>i got to the garage
>i woke up grabbed my cellphone
>it was 240 in the morning
>dad answered the phone can you help me get in i'm in the garage
>what are you doing in the garage
>he told me to go back to bed
>we both did the next day mom visited me and questioned me
>we laugh about it now
>>
File: nicole .jpg (289 KB, 1266x2191) Image search: [Google]
nicole .jpg
289 KB, 1266x2191
Titled this one "Nichole".
>>
File: Sad text.jpg (117 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Sad text.jpg
117 KB, 600x600
Titled this one "sad text".
>>
File: old man at movies.png (206 KB, 1013x766) Image search: [Google]
old man at movies.png
206 KB, 1013x766
Titled this one "old man at the movies"
>>
File: can relate tbh .png (83 KB, 696x931) Image search: [Google]
can relate tbh .png
83 KB, 696x931
Titled this one "can relate desu" Was from a thread yesterday.
>>
>>27987747
damn I almost feel sorry for that girl. Can't tell if girlfriend or mother.
>>
>>27987689
so some cunt died in childbirth.

who cares? that pic has nothing to do with robot feels.
>>
File: rejection.png (68 KB, 871x283) Image search: [Google]
rejection.png
68 KB, 871x283
Titled this one "rejection"

Last one for now.
>>
File: 2 am .jpg (65 KB, 975x322) Image search: [Google]
2 am .jpg
65 KB, 975x322
>>27987821
Alright, I'll post some other ones.
>>
File: alone.png (53 KB, 1240x398) Image search: [Google]
alone.png
53 KB, 1240x398
Titled "alone"
>>
File: 4chan 2am .png (495 KB, 891x1446) Image search: [Google]
4chan 2am .png
495 KB, 891x1446
4chan at 2am.
>>
File: 1455173810433.png (156 KB, 1023x619) Image search: [Google]
1455173810433.png
156 KB, 1023x619
When did everything go so wrong?

>orginallllll
>>
>>27987868

>dat mum
>dat granddad

fuck, man
>>
File: 1404102908648.jpg (67 KB, 500x567) Image search: [Google]
1404102908648.jpg
67 KB, 500x567
>>27987890
That kinda reminds me of this short piece.
>>
>>27987689

Normies getting what they deserve.
>>
>>27987868
This hits close. I was bullied as well, but i was too big and strong so people 9 out of 10 times didnt get physical with me. I was fat and socially inept though, so everywhere i went people formed pacts to isolate me and exclude me from pretty much everything. I have done pretty well i guess with coping, but just recently did i realise what a mark it had left on me when it all came back to me after years of those memories being suppressed. Still did better than the vast majority of bullying victims, but its sad to think about it.
>>
File: 1460411422838.png (176 KB, 2524x798) Image search: [Google]
1460411422838.png
176 KB, 2524x798
high octane feels coming in, none of that normie "i met a gurl then she died :(" bullshit that always gets posted in these threads
>>
>>27990017
Im 18 and this scares me to death. I find that many of these things apply to me even though i have normalfag potential.

Im losing weight now and getting my life back on track but i want to fucking punch myself for not doing this 6 years ago.
>>
Almost relatable, I have 2 close friends I attend my small high school with, we are are trio. I guess they are somewhat attractive, and all the girls flock to them. And sometimes I just think, fuck, look at what happens, I'm always the odd man out, always alone.
>>
File: hoXYRCr.png (865 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
hoXYRCr.png
865 KB, 1000x1500
i'm always reminded of how shitty my life is and how pathetic my life is when i have to be around my cousin, it legit makes me want to kill myself
>>
>>27987676
>Titled this one suicide story.

No, you titled it sucide story senpai
>>
>>27987826
This one hit home for me. Feels better to hold onto your dreams than to risk having them crushed in rejection.
>>
File: sad frog.png (21 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sad frog.png
21 KB, 800x600
>>27987689
Fuck those guys, this one is incredibly sad. I feel so bad for that poor guy, the child, and her mother she never got to meet.
>>
File: 1457593800369.jpg (275 KB, 1080x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457593800369.jpg
275 KB, 1080x1200
>>27987747
ROASTIE BTFO
God i made myself sad
>>
File: despondent frog rick.jpg (53 KB, 438x566) Image search: [Google]
despondent frog rick.jpg
53 KB, 438x566
>>27990017
I'm already at the unfortunate state described in this greentext and whenever I am in the situation described in the second paragraph feel like screaming. Hell, I feel like screaming just out of pure loneliness most of the time. Not where you want to be.
>>
>>27987714
This one kills me inside every time
Just to imagine nicole texting while slowly dying sends my soul in thirty pieces to a void of sadness
>>
>>27987852
If only it were posted at 2 am
>>
>>27992893
If only the whole world was one timezone
>>
>>27987747
Isn't this that one where the guy texts "Hey look at this picture I found" like a day after the last one she sends?
>>
>>27987890
eh, I used to hop on 4chan after having sex and if the woman/girl had to leave. I still fap to trannies too. Even had sex with a few (not that great)
>>
>>27990017
>Fitter, happier, more productive
Comfortable, not drinking too much
Regular exercise at the gym 3 days a week
Getting on better with your associate employee contemporaries

At ease, eating well
No more microwave dinners and saturated fats
A patient better driver, a safer car, baby smiling in back seat
Sleeping well, no bad dreams, no paranoia
Careful to all animals, never washing spiders down the plughole

Keep in contact with old friends, enjoy a drink now and then
Will frequently check credit at Moral Bank hole in wall
Favors for favors, fond but not in love
Charity, standing orders, on Sundays ring road supermarket

No killing moths or putting boiling water on the ants
Car wash also on Sundays
No longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Nothing so ridiculously teenage and desperate
Nothing so childish

At a better pace, slower and more calculated
No chance of escape, now self-employed
Concerned but powerless
An empowered and informed member of society

Pragmatism, not idealism
Will not cry in public
Less chance of illness
Tires that grip in the wet
Shot of baby strapped in back seat
A good memory

Still cries at a good film
Still kisses with saliva
No longer empty and frantic
Like a cat tied to a stick
That's driven into frozen winter shit

The ability to laugh at weakness
Calm, fitter, healthier and more productive
A pig in a cage on antibiotics
>>
>>27986989
Jobs are a lie
Anyone not working a menial job/minimum wage job is procrastinating over 50% of the time they are at work.

If you actually put effort in you'd be Bill Gates within a year
>>
>>27992904
I understand, i am just saying that if the message was posted at two acording to the server time then it would be a more beautiful fragment of sadness to contemplate
>>
File: 1454698909197.gif (982 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1454698909197.gif
982 KB, 320x287
I will never feel a feel from some roasties who lost their boyfriends or chads that lost their girlfriends. It's only a hiccup in their life and nothing compared to endless failure and missed opportunities.
>>
>>27993009
>actually put effort in you'd be Bill Gates within a year

What? Plenty of people work fucking hard, and nearly no-one becomes a billionaire, let alone owning one of the foremost tech based companies in the world.
>>
>>27993053
That's where you're wrong, Monsieur.

The "even with hard work you won't be successful" meme is a big lie created by the Jews.

Relatively, after a few hours of procrastination, even the simplest task will seem hard.

They suppress your potential. You could be a god among men if you actually put EFFORT in.
>>
Homegrown OC feels that are currently keeping me up at ~2am:

>Child, 8 years old
>dad is a chemist
>Dad worked with American Cancer Society
>Uncle dies from lung cancer
>Dad leaves work to be near cousin (uncle's son)
>Be me, 10
>IQ test
>dad starts teaching me everything he knows
>get into college at 15
>18, graduation party
>my family is incredibly poor, uneducated
>I'm the 2nd to attend college
>Grandma proudly refers to me as "her son that will cure cancer"
>be me, 21
>get a massive, $1,000,000 grant
>cancer research
>Feel like it's my calling
>Favorite aunt gets diagnosed, stage 3 bone cancer
>Everybody is pressuring me at gatherings
>"How's the research coming"
>Entirely new field, untested
>Spend 14-16 hours a day in the lab
>Trying to get a stable sample
>Aunt calls, asks how research is going
>Tell her I've got rat trials coming up soon
>In desperation, steal my best sample from the lab
>Fuck it, I'll give it to her myself
>She dies the day before I get home
>Literally beside myself
>Feel at-fault for her death
>Dad offers to help with my research
>spends a month advising, working our asses off
>Dad is diagnosed with Parkinson's
>can never do chemistry again, too dangerous
>Research funds diverted due to university politics
>Left literally 2 weeks from human trial approval
>Samples confiscated
>University owns the research, not allowed to take it elsewhere

All I have left is the sample that should have saved my Aunt's life.
>>
>>27993100
if this is real holy shit anon. build up funds and continue your research. make drugs if you have to to fund your research
>>
>>27993100
>got into college at 15
Ha, literally a fag. I got into college at 13.

I'm not being sarcastic and saying your story is unbelievable, but I actually did get into college at 13. And I'm not being ironic saying that

My IQ was 157 at age 7. What was yours at 10?
>>
>>27993100
Oh wow, can you tell us more? What sort of samples were they?
>>
>>27993100
should have been working on drugs to make women horny. this would have sold.
>>
>>27993100
Wow, a lot of people in your family have cancer....
You may be the next one to go.

Also if you really did write this you would know there isn't one "supreme" cure for cancer, because there are hundreds of types of cancer.

Also did you graduate with your masters or bachelors at 18?
>>
File: 5-81.png (126 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
5-81.png
126 KB, 700x394
>>27987747
That is a feel that I am familiar with.
>>
>>27993145
My dad always joked with me he'd do Breaking Bad if he ever got fired. He loves that show.

>>27993154
Parents didn't tell me, they said it'd go to my head.

>>27993182
My samples contain an inorganic compound isolated within polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS). They look like little strips of plastic. No larger than the cap of a standard pen.

>>27993215
I feel like I have a duty to use whatever small intelligence I have to help others.

>>27993227
To answer the first part: I work with DMSO, a known carcinogen. I am aware of the ironic risk. In addition to my aunt& uncle, both my grandparents, and great grandmother died of cancer. To answer the second part, my research is universalized across any cancer that can be treated with chemotherapy. The active compound, nitric oxide, is implicated both for direct cancer cell lysis, and improving chemotherapy efficiency through vasodilation, improving access to the tumor. A primer on NO if you're interested: http://www.nature.com/cr/journal/v12/n5/full/7290133a.html

Third part:
Bachelor's at 18, working on doctorate now.
>>
>>27993348
>bachelors at 18
Fucking fag I got my fucking masters at 19

Literally loaded with money

>>27993348
>parents didn't tell me, said it'd go to my head
They did that to me for a while and eventually while they were gone I just read it from the filing cabinet. And then manipulated them later into giving it to me to read again.
It never really went to my head, because I'm smart enough to know IQ doesn't really matter unless you do it.
>>
>>27993409

I'm glad you were able to find success.
>>
File: 1460107520676.jpg (186 KB, 776x748) Image search: [Google]
1460107520676.jpg
186 KB, 776x748
>>27987747

Roastie gets what she deserves.
>>
>>27993433
You too, bro.

I type like a dudebro on 4chan because of bots that recognize text patterns. IRL and on other websitesI'm actually very calm and reserved, and quite eloquent in my speech
>>
File: say what.png (141 KB, 299x254) Image search: [Google]
say what.png
141 KB, 299x254
>>27993082
>The idea that you shouldn't participate in the rigged system is a big lie created by the Jews
>>
>>27993489
Reading comprehension, never said it was a rigged system
>the idea that " you shouldn't work hard because of failure" is a way of mass suppression trying to keep the goyim down from ever reaching their full potential
>>
>>27993082
Sure, if you dedicate your life to something and get really fucking lucky you can be an incredibly successful person.

But just working hard at your job isn't going to make you bill gates in a year, especially considering that it took Bill gates his entire life to get where he was.

But it has nothing to do with the fucking Jews, or some global conspiracy, so how about you go back to /pol/?
>>
>>27993154
>I'm a genius who got into tertiary education at 13
>But I'm still too fucking stupid to understand a basic equation like calculating IQ, and how it doesn't change with age

Fuck off.

Also
>>27993100
>implying cancer is a single disease, and not a classification for a massive amount of diseases that all require different treatments

This is a cool story though.
>>
>>27990116
At least you're doing it right now. You're 18, you're still fucking young. You still can do it. Once you're 25+ it's literally over. There's nothing left.

But don't forget that this shitpile of a post is wrong at so many levels. It feels like the guy who wrote this thinks his life is shit just because he never had le sex maymay.
Ofcourse this is something important but for fuck's sake, live for yourself. Trust me, don't binge on junkfood, alcohol and shit just because you're tired of >le not getting laid lonely meme.jpg. Being alone is shit, but that's not the worse that can happen. Trust me, I wish I knew back then.
>>
>>27993545
I know it doesn't change with age you fucktard
I was just saying that's the last time I was tested
>>
>>27993545
>>27993348

I would refer you to this post, as this has already been addressed. Explaining cancer (and cancer research) is difficult enough as it is. Certain liberties and generalities must be taken. This is why bonding theory is taught as "sharing electrons" in gen chem rather than the truer electron cloud/density model.
>>
>>27993553
>I got 157 at 7
>What's yours at 10?

Are you actually implying that this isn't clearly you asking what his score was when he was older than you?

No-one here believes you're some child genius that spends his time on 4chan anon, drop the act.

Especially when you start saying you were manipulating your parents and are loaded with money, it sounds about as believable as the mongs on /adv/ who post about how they're super cold psychopaths, but then go on to have no idea what they're talking about at all, and not even know what aspd is.
>>
>>27993574
Yeah, I missed that anon.

Sounds like promising research, though not quite the same as a cure, more increasing how well our current treatments work, from what you're telling me here. Why'd the uni cut funding? Sounds like it could have made an incredible amount of money for them, not to mention the prestige.
>>
>>27993589
Yes
Fuck off m8
>>
>>27993604
The university cut my funding as a pragmatic, but utterly cold move. (so, perfect from a bureaucratic point of view)

As I'm guessing you may know, research groups are dependent on grants for funding. Summers tend to be the most productive times for this, as people don't have school, TA'ing duties, lab tech duties, etc. It is also very rare to start a research project over the school year, as it is very time-intensive. I am graduating this year, meaning over the summer I will be obviously unavailable for research. In addition, 2 other members of the group are graduating. This would leave the group with only one effective researcher for the entire duration of the summer. This means a massive decrease in income. So, the PI (leader) of the group struck what I would consider a backroom deal: In exchange for dropping their TA duties, 2 grad students would be given immediate research funds and would start their work, meaning they would be invested by summer and able to pump out grants. Those funds had to come from somewhere: my research. Since I'm graduating anyways, nobody really pays much attention; after you give your defense, you're on a dead period.
>>
>>27993610
Sure. I hope you have fun pretending to not be a failure on fucking 4chan my man.

>>27993656
That makes some sense I suppose, if the alternative to them cutting it is just unfinished research anyway, or likely unfinished research. Surely there's options for you though, I mean, being a member of a cancer research group with promising results would put you on the map for a lot of other groups, I can't see why you couldn't continue your work somewhere else, based on what you can remember. I don't see how the uni could stop you doing that, from my understanding of it, you can't claim ownership of an entire compound (hence why we have generic brands of fucking everything). Though admittedly, I'm not an expert in this branch of the law.

I wouldn't give up anon, plenty of people dedicate their lives to this, there's a lot of medical researchers that would love to have someone like you working with them.
>>
>>27993553
This is where you should have been quiet. IQ is actually evaluated differently with age until adulthood, so 150 IQ as a 7 years old doesnt mean the same as 150 IQ as a 17 years old (people over 15 tend to be tested as adults).
>>
>>27993877
The uniqueness of my research also necessitates specialized equipment for its study. For example, there is a machine specifically required for my research, called a Nitric Oxide Analyzer. This machine is incredibly rare. In addition, there are instruments like rheometers that measure the physical properties (hardness, elasticity, etc) that are fairly specialized. I'm not saying I'm giving up, but I am saying that I'm a very needy researcher from a recruiting point of view. In addition, I have a very blase attitude towards dangerous chemicals, since I've been working with them since I was young. This makes me both attractive and unattractive to labs: I readily work with dangerous materials (like the DMSO, and cyanide), but I'm much more susceptible to accidents because I tend not to give the chemicals the "respect" they deserve. (only minor, permanent acid burns so far)
>>
>>27988080
at first i thought it said "in each other's anus"
>>
>>27993100
this is a retarded and unbelievable story

t. someone that does medically-related biochemical research
>>
>>27994018
>This makes me both attractive and unattractive to labs: I readily work with dangerous materials (like the DMSO, and cyanide), but I'm much more susceptible to accidents because I tend not to give the chemicals the "respect" they deserve. (only minor, permanent acid burns so far)
This is literally the most retarded fakestory I've ever read. No lab would hire a guy that they think is "susceptible to accidents". You aren't some fucking Chinese cartoon edgy antihero scientist genius. No one says "Hey this guy has good stats in intelligence and inventiveness, but he has a low luck stat, I'm not sure if I should level this glass cannon". Fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>27994136
Funny, my bachelor's degree is actually in biochemistry. Always figured I'd do something with oncogene generation, toyed around with ways to turn back on apoptosis in cancerous cells, but I started this research in undergrad and fell in love with it. This research is considered bioinorganic, materials, and even polymer chemistry. But feel free to disbelieve it if you want, this is 4chan.
>>
>>27994181
Have you literally ever been in a chemical lab? You can instantly tell a difference between those comfortable and uncomfortable with the chemicals being used. If you've ever used anything "dangerous", you can see it in their movements. Go into a gen chem lab on titration day, when they first work with a "concentrated" acid, like 6M HCl. You will see some of them shaking in their fucking boots. Those, however, are the most safe. There are others, like me, who are more confident, but more likely to spill it on themselves because they aren't paying attention. This is not difficult to understand. Anybody who's been in a chemistry group knows somebody like this. The guy that's working with conc. acids with music on and only half paying attention.
>>
>>27994181
Followup, the projection here is pretty great. I never set myself up as some scientific genius. I didn't emphasize it in my story, because that's not what's important to me. What's important to me is that I make something of my research and that I feel personally responsible for a loved one's death. I don't think I'm some kind of badass mad scientist.
>>
Am I on 4chan with the guy that's gonna cure cancer?
>>
>>27994018
Nitric oxide is a compound present in a large amount of biological materials thoughs, am I correct in saying that? I'm sure there'd be plenty of labs equipped with one, or with easy access to one, especially in the medical research fields, or ones dedicated to chemo therapy.

Same with a rheometer, isn't that just measuring how liquids react to force? I can't see that being too hard to get access too, my old high school had one. Admittedly no-one knows where it came from, and it just sat in the store room, but they did have it.

Also, how would your susceptibility to accidents impact you getting a grant? Do they know this somehow?

Though that's probably an issue you should address my dude, they stress that shit from year 7 for a reason, you'll never make any breakthroughs if you kill yourself by accident (or on purpose, I guess).
>>
>>27993304
Im afraid that im about to be.
>>
>>27986989
Im sorry for not joining your hug box but that dude must be some high kind of stupid to not guess it might be his friend. The girls owe him apology. Both are dumb
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.