[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here /poor/? This is my dinner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (818 KB, 2448x2612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
818 KB, 2448x2612
Who here /poor/? This is my dinner
>>
ive been grazing on oreos today
dinner is beans
>>
>>27986271
Put it between some bread, shit is 1/4 the price per pound. At least be smart if you're going to be poor.
>>
>>27986271
If you're anywhere in Central NJ, I'll buy you dinner.
>>
File: 20160420_014350.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160420_014350.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>27986271
lmao this is my computer
>>
>>27986404

h-hey anon, not OP but 732 reporting in
>>
>>27986271
potato in the microwave for me
>>
>>27986424
I'm 848!
>>
>>27986271
You have not been poor long, or not from a poor family have you?
Because you kind of suck it.
>>
>>27986449

based hopelawn/amboy reporting in

what about you?
>>
>>27986419
Nice tele you got there
>>
>>27986471
I'm a Rutgers student.
>>
>>27986271
>poor
How are you posting this anon?
Who's roof are you living under anon?
>>
But some rice, eggs, soy sauce and whatever cheap meat you can buy. Never go hungry or spend too much on food ever again.
>>
>>27986488

NEET here, but taking a college tour of MCC in a few weeks. Like half my high school went to rutgers, and so did 90% of the band students i was with

checked dubs
>>
Stop buying overpriced meat.
Invest in chicken. Its cheap as fuck. You can mix it with cheap veggies (and seasonings if youre feeling ricn) to make soup. Add some rice. You now have a decent meal for days to come, vs. buying overpriced deli meats and starving.

Chili with ground beef and beans is inexpensive and will feed you well. So will beans with sausage or some other cheap pork. Just find inexpensive meats and ways to stretch it using other foods. And eggs. Use fucktons of eggs. Potatoes are also cheap, versatile, and last a while.
>>
>>27986271
Meat's expensive, you're not poor you just make poor choices.
>>
>>27986393
I would if I had bread
>>27986404
Nevada, Famicon
>>27986456
My family has always been just on and off middle class and poor
I don't really try to set up any specific bullshit like "I'll eat one piece now, and one the next day" because honestly I just don't care anymore
But please, share you poorfag tips
>>27986496
Mine. I got fired from my Wagie job last week, so the food's already gone, and I've got about another week and a half before the bills come due and I get kicked out for not paying rent
>>27986527
I've genuinely only got a single dollar to my name
>>
>>27986547
I was thinking of taking some courses at MCC this summer to cover some of the requirements at RU!
How old are you? Maybe we'll see each other.
>>
>>27986571
>only got one dollar
Oh boy, alright what else do you have in your house to work with? we can make this work OP
>>
>>27986571
Manage your money (and food) better or you deserve to starve.
>>
I live on the equivalent of $900 a month, before anything. Don't wanna work more than 20 hours a week. Have no wants.
>>
>>27986571
advice from someone who rides rails during the summer with no money
>dumpster dive
>go to restaurants that are closing/about to close
>same goes for pizza shops and gas stations
>look for churches, most will have some kind of soup kitchen or food program
>learn what's edible, learn how to trap and kill game. it's very simple.
>drink water, it helps keep you from going crazy
>sleep more than you normally would
>a jar of peanut butter goes a long way, dont waste money on meat
>steal if you can get away with it
all i got for you, wish you the best of luck
>>
>>27986271
>really poor
>go to grocery store, pick up chicken, eggs, oil, bread crumbs and sprite (it was half off). Drop them at register because there is nobody at the store and its heavy
go pick some cheap cookies and come bact to see clerk ringed up everything
>it was super expensive, i mean holly shit how can you charge that much for chiken?
>pay and take off
>have to explain to dad that i wasted a big chunk of the money he gave me to pay rent
>>
>>27986607
Uhh, a year old can of salmon and salt
>>
>>27986636
them Midwestern feels
>>
>>27986656
What about housing, anon?
What do I do when I get kicked out?
>>
>>27986644
Pb is a ton of sugar and fat though. Very effecient in terms of cost per calorie, but not a good long term plan.
>>
>>27986271
Its better than a block of marble cheese...
>>
>>27986724
Doesn't sound like he has much of a choice. When you're out of money you don't have much choice when it comes to what those calories are. PB has decent protein too, he'll survive a long time with it.
Survive, not be happy or healthy, but survive
>>
>>27986724
>>27986772
Speaking of PB, I'm actually allergic to peanuts
What's a good substitute, anons?
>>
>>27986716
landlords don't just kick you out, they'll try and restructure his tenancy agreement first.
>>27986656
you bought expensive shit (chicken, eggs and oil) and frivilus shit (sprite and cookies). Lentils, tinned tomatoes and some veg and rice would have cost you less and fed you longer.
>>
>>27986571
honestly if it is that bad just shoplift.
What are they going to do to you? evevn if they catch you explain to them you are poor as fuck, worst posible outcome they take everything back and they ban you.
You can also go to some bakery, come inside and tell the clerk that you dont have a penny and ask him if he can separate some old bread or something that they are going to throw away and give it to you after they close.
Tell them that you got fired last week but still couldnnt find anything and that you wont ever bother them again, you will look for some other store to bum something from
>>
>>27986772
Like i said, not a good long term plan. But in a pinch, yes, pb is good.

>>27986800
There isnt one. Other nut butters are expensive generally.
You should go to a food bank, and also call your SNAP/food stamp office.
>>
>>27986800
fuck i got nothing
almond butter if you're not allergic to those? But that shit is expensive.
Bread, canned sardines I've heard is good, ramen is still about 10 cents a package, quinoua or however you spell it is actually amazing if you can find it cheap
seriously, just walk around to churches during the daytime. if they can't feed you they'll know somebody that can. during the day it's full of old white women who are more than willing to help
>>
>>27986819
i could have afforded the cookies and sprite. Cookies are really fucking cheap and today i only had the cookies and some coffee to eat the whole day. The sprite was half off and it wasnt the biggest bottle so it was cheap too.
I got ripped off. I could have got the chicken for less than half the price if i went to the butcher, the oil was actually really cheap, the eggs and bread crumbs where at least 3 times what im used to pay.
i just wanted some tendies. Im already a month behind on rent and dad was going to give me a bit of work to do to pay it off, he is going to get pissed because i have to ask for more now
>>
>>27986800

Sunflower seeds. The pre-shelled variety. They are cheap as dirt... like $2 for a big bag of them... high in fat and protein.
>>
>he's poor
>doesn't buy spam
my niggers my niggers
spam is a godsend, you ever had a friend spam sandwich? Just some bread, fried spam, mustard and cheese is optional but recommended. Not liking spam is a normie meme if you hate it simply because it exists you need to get off my board
>>
>>27986560
Chicken is cheap, AL old fag reporting in 2.80 for a 10 pound bag of thigh and leg hnnngg
>>
File: 1404560801785.gif (386 KB, 584x870) Image search: [Google]
1404560801785.gif
386 KB, 584x870
>mom works 7 days a week at 2 jobs to support us while I shitpost and watch anime all day
>>
>>27987313
It's not like you're out killing people or being a dindu.
>>
>>27986800
make bean paste or hummus
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.