[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else here hate online gaming? I don't want to 'interact'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12
File: IVR79RJRWPCL1415670964497[1].png (839 KB, 1200x794) Image search: [Google]
IVR79RJRWPCL1415670964497[1].png
839 KB, 1200x794
Anyone else here hate online gaming? I don't want to 'interact' with assholes who have spent literally thousands of hours 'leveling up'. Take this upcoming game called Overwatch. I watched the trailers and was hyped as fuck that a new cool looking game was coming. Then I saw the game play trailer and was deflated as fuck. Basically it's just another Team Fortress (and a ton of other games) clone. Fuck all those spotty geeks chatting to each other about their teen angst lives. Fuck having to fight dorks who must have fast pings and the latest hardware who camp out and take you out as soon as you enter the game.

I like having actual character development and story structure.
>>
You're what we like to call a faggot.
There are plenty of indie, single player "experiences" for you to enjoy. Play those.
>>
>>27985913

Well I never got into the whole TF2 thing like alot of robots did.

So it sounds like a win for me.

Go play single-player, lmao
>>
Play one of the literal hundereds of singleplayer games then.

What's the problem?
>>
>>27986026
The coolest looking games (that I see) tend to be online games for some reason.
>>
>>27986046
Then deal with it or play single player games.
Or just play with fucking bots, most of these games have a vs CPU mode.
>>
>>27985913
Preach, lil nigguh

GTA V pisses me the fuck off with that online BS.
Thanks to online we're not getting any story content whatsoever.
>>
>>27985913
I like playing mmorpgs just for leveling and pve but most online gaming is shit unless you like shitty shooters.
>>
>>27985913
>salty af Kappa
"Gamer culture" is cancer. I play SFV but I hate 99% of the community.
>>
I play MMOs solo because I just can't make small talk with people. Runescape is a great way to play on your own, but I wish there was something with deeper combat mechanics that respects a player's choice of staying solo.

Too many MMOs just end up rewarding those treat it like a chatroom.
>>
File: 1452955076794.gif (528 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1452955076794.gif
528 KB, 320x240
>>27985913
Say what you want pleb I'll wreck you each time you log in faggot
>>
>>27985913
Sounds like you need to git gud you little faggot.
>>
someone needs to design an mmo that has no text or voice options
>>
>>27986507
just emotions
>>
>>27985913
That's why I don't play PC games
I end up playing single player ports most of the time
>>
>>27985913
Outside of the Dark Souls series, I usually prefer to keep my games strictly single player.
>>
> I watched the trailers and was hyped as fuck that a new cool looking game was coming.

I have no clue what the marketing team of that game is trying to do with their cinematic trailers
it makes it look like Deus Ex: Human Revolution if it were created by ex-pixar employees.
Then you get the game it's a standard issue role-based online shooter, that doesn't even have a campaign mode.
>>
File: 1413811851493.png (126 KB, 402x398) Image search: [Google]
1413811851493.png
126 KB, 402x398
>opponent beats you
"Lol you suck fkn scrub git gud rekt lmao"
>you beat opponent
"Wooooww you have no life you basement dwelling fgt"
>>
I hate gamer fags in general. I get salty as fuck when I get stuck in a game though and it ends up being stuck on the shelf.
>>
>>27985955
You proved OP right you know. It's like CS:GO or WoW autism. People can't accomplish anything in real life so they waste portions of their life getting good at something which will never benefit them in real life.
>>
File: Psssh.jpg (10 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
Psssh.jpg
10 KB, 205x246
>>27986713
Things that literally never happen

You have been muted for 4 seconds, because your comment was not original.
>>
File: Retard.png (2 KB, 123x91) Image search: [Google]
Retard.png
2 KB, 123x91
>>27987059
>you're wasting your life failure!!!!!
>spends his time shitposting on r9k
>>
>>27987140
Your point being? That doesn't change the fact I'm right.
>>
I don't mind gaming online when I played my PS3 since so few people had mics.

The funny thing is I also play MMOs but I solo almost everything and only really interact with people to buy/sell/trade shit or do things that forced a certain group/party size.
Like I would rather over level and die a dozen times to clear something made for a full party solo then try and find a group at level and play through it like it was designed to be played.
>>
>>27987168
Who are you to be talking about productivity? That's my point you fucking normie
>>
Tracer is delicious. I want to mate with her.
>>
>>27987197
Who said anything about productivity? If you're going to invest time into getting good at something why not make it something good? No one cares how good you are at Dark Souls, while being good at Math or knowing how to program will help get you a job.
>>
>>27987248
>I'm breaindead the post.
>>
>>27987300
What is being produced when you do math?
>>
>>27987059
I called OP out because he made it clear that he is so spineless that he feels a bit of minor soreness from having to play people in fucking VIDEO GAMES of all things. He can hate it all he wants and I'm just as free to give him a hard time over it.

You invalidate the fact that some people might actually enjoy sinking time into these games instead of just doing it because they "can't accomplish anything in real life," why?

THEY care about how good they are at Dark Souls or whatever and that's all that should matter with hobbies. Not what someone else decides to dictate is a waste of time or not.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (4 KB, 301x167) Image search: [Google]
laughing.jpg
4 KB, 301x167
>>27987330
>I don't know what the word productivity means

I'm sure you're great at math anon
>>
File: 1454007564458.jpg (18 KB, 555x406) Image search: [Google]
1454007564458.jpg
18 KB, 555x406
Buy Red Orchestra 2 and join a server with only around 2 other players and a bunch of bots.
It boils down to you and a few other people on your team shooting the zigzagging russians or Germans while coordinating defenses. No matter how bad you are everyone will end up with a nice high score.
It's actually very relaxing going in there alone too sometimes.
Or you could just play a single player game, or get good at any number of multiplayer games
>>
File: 1441763820263.png (221 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1441763820263.png
221 KB, 800x600
>>27987376
>You invalidate the fact that some people might actually enjoy sinking time into these games instead of just doing it because they "can't accomplish anything in real life," why?
Yes, getting incredibly angry at others online and spending literally thousands of hours in a video game for the sole purpose of getting good is just because they want to have a little bit of fun. They totally didn't fuck up somewhere, nope.
And you're right, it's their time to use for what they want. Likewise I get to say how stupid it is to put so much effort into a video game. Keyword: Effort.
>>
>>27987453
Using that logic, when you're getting good at a video game you're being "productive" because you are 'producing' better skills. Or are you going to argue you're so retarded you don't know what connotations are? I'd believe it.
>>
File: 1438931575182.png (11 KB, 259x288) Image search: [Google]
1438931575182.png
11 KB, 259x288
>>27987461
>Likewise I get to say how stupid it is to put so much effort into a video game
Know what, you got me there.
In the end we're all free to shout each other down over how stupid we think the other's opinion is.

But, I will say some genuinely enjoy the whole experience, the emotional highs, watching themselves do something they couldn't do before, and occasionally the salt from people that don't want to git gud but complain.

Some use it as an escape because they it's the best they're going to get, but not all of them.
>>
>>27985913
i dont like gaming much at all desu. i guess it makes me elitist that i really have to enjoy something to make it worth my money/time
>>
>>27985913
i think the butts and waifu material in that game is whats drawing in 63% of players
>>
File: new pose.jpg (43 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
new pose.jpg
43 KB, 1000x563
I'd play this game.
she looks almost completely spunk
>>
File: GODFUCKINGDAMNITNO.png (235 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
GODFUCKINGDAMNITNO.png
235 KB, 582x600
>>27987140
how dare you post that forbidden meme. off to leddit out out out!
>>
>>27989008
i think your misusing the word "spunk" if you think that character is sexy just stick to the hentai of her don't promote or play that SJW tf2 ripoff unless your actually interested in it.

by the way how long do you think that game will last? 1-3 years?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.