[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was asked out for a drink by my only friend after not talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: IMAG0039.jpg (882 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0039.jpg
882 KB, 1456x2592
So I was asked out for a drink by my only friend after not talking to people and being inside for a month and a bit. I've got overwhelming anxiety and I don't know what to do. I'm meeting him at 8 to then meet up with others at 9 and I've known him for 8 years.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Why don't you know? They are showing some interest in you and if you still care about turning your life around go for it. For the anxiety: the sooner you realize that there's nothing to lose or to be embarrassed about, the sooner you'll be able to "function". Remember that one cliche "nothing really matters"? That's the perfect solution for social anxiety. But not for other problems.
t. someone who's in a similar situation
>>
>>25197393
Just play it cool, you're gonna be drinking so you'll at least get a buzz to wash away the anxiety.

I wish I was in your situation, honestly. I could drop off the face of the earth and nobody would reach out to me/notice my absence.

Just the fact that someone's thinking about you enough to reach out means you should have no reason to be anxious.
>>
>>25197463
I don't know because I tend to overthink everything. I've been noticing lately I'm overthinking what to say, etc while in a conversation in person. My empathy is also very low, I am not autistic though. It's just I seem to understand how the conversation flows while in it? That'best way I can explain it.

>>25197518
I'll have one before I leave then. I haven't spoken to him in around a month, so there should be enough to talk about, although I'm overthinking it.

If you were in my situation at least you'd be able to take advantage of it, instead of flailing around clueless. I do think it was nice of him to reach out and it wad the last thing id expect.
>>
>>25197686

>My empathy is also very low
Because you don't care about the person enough, obviously.
>>
>>25197721
But I consider him a very good friend.

You saying that actually made me do a hypothetical situation about if he'd died. Is a wave of sadness meant to go through you or something? Because for me it just feels of acknowledging loss. I'd remember the many good times we'd shared.
>>
>>25197862

Nigga, you can't simulate someone's death and expect to get honest, accurate feelings.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.