[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody else feel like the only difference between you and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: 1446000179711.jpg (413 KB, 1280x1183) Image search: [Google]
1446000179711.jpg
413 KB, 1280x1183
Does anybody else feel like the only difference between you and the "normies" is that you're not capable of deluding yourself into thinking you're something you're not?

I find that the number one defining characteristic of the Chad types I know is an ability to ignore all of their own flaws and pretend none of their failures ever happened, and that gives them the charisma and confidence they need to be successful in dating and work.

Meanwhile, I'm aware of my own flaws and the things I've failed at and learned lessons from, and so I don't volunteer myself for jobs I know I'm not qualified for, and don't go after women because I know all of the reasons they'd say no.
>>
>>25196794
Sounds a lot like SJW's

>implying SJW's aren't all Normies
>they are
>>
>>25196849
SJWs are just normies who are desperate to feel special and different.
>>
>>25196794

>The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which relatively unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately. Their research also suggests corollaries: highly skilled individuals may underestimate their relative competence, they may erroneously assume that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others, and they may incorrectly suppose that their competence in a particular field extends to other fields in which they are less competent.[1] The bias was first experimentally observed by David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University in 1999.
>>
>>25196849
what? what does this have to do with anything?
>>
File: 1446524352312.jpg (24 KB, 400x394) Image search: [Google]
1446524352312.jpg
24 KB, 400x394
>>25196917
>may

conversely,

eliot rodgers and the sad frogs
>>
>>25196794
Yep I agree. Do people also really think that their shitty life is good? There must be about 0.01% of people with a life that's worth living. I know a guy who is like "everything I do is for my kids" which is fair enough, but if that's your life then there's no point in being here, as your kids will then just end up doing the same surely? There's certainly nothing special about them.

I also agree with people not being able to see their own flaws, but I have been told by a psychiatrist that I have low sell esteem and I'm insecure.
>>
>>25196967
>I have been told by a psychiatrist that I have low self esteem and I'm insecure.

Same here, and it always seems crazy to me because I feel that I'm just being honest and realistic about myself.
>>
>>25196917
How does what op said not make you more confident? Isn't it obvious that it should work in such a way to make oneself more like a normie?

I don't get your post.
>>
You make a good point there OP.
>>
>>25196794

Nope. The difference between you cucks and "normies" are that normies embrace their failures and try to make good out of them.

Meanwhile all of you here grow worse and worse with each failure and instead of learning from them, you just accept that there is no good.
>>
>>25197081
christmas is behind the next corner, shouldn't you be preparing for the party normie?
>>
>>25197007
I realize I'm not so shit in work sometimes, I do about 4 hours actual work in a 12 hour shift. I realise that my colleagues can't get away with doing that. I wonder how good I could be if I worked hard. I guess I'll never know. Kek
>>
>>25196794

do you know what the definition of alpha is? it's someone who accepts their flaws and vulnerabilities and isn't afraid of them

conversely this is why you're a massive beta. you're aware you have things that make you vulnerable. but you're not capable of accepting them. you're not capable of saying to the world "these are my flaws, if you don't like it im ok with that". Instead you choose to hide away. and the sad part is you then delude yourself into thinking that has to be the end of the road.

you're a truly pathetic person and you'll never find happiness unless you learn to change
>>
>>25196794
Yes, this is it exactly. Normies make mistakes and they either brush them off or just keep insisting that they're right and that it's somebody else's fault.
When I make a mistake I get torn up by guilt that just doesn't go away.
>>
>>25197081
Wrong there m80, Normies have no idea of there shortcomings and failures, you'll probably deny that your post was incorrect, which will prove the theory.
>>
>>25197131

The path to becoming a chad is a long journey. But even if you dont make it all the away, you can still improve yourself and become happier in life

Do you think everyone who has managed to fuck a girl has complete confidence and nothing they feel vulnerable about ?

The problem with /r9k/ is they see the chad types and think it has to be all or nothing. It's like an obese person saying "what's the point in losing weight, I'll never look like zyzz anyway". While that may be true, just walking down the path is still a million times better than not even trying.
>>
>>25196794
>The only reason why people are more successful is because they are stupid
The hell are you on, OP?

People need to be aware of their flaws and failures to function as human beings, otherwise they will be diagnosed with mental illness.

People are confident for various reasons, one of them is accepting the possibility of failure, but still taking the opportunity.
>>
>>25196794
What you're trying to say in a long-winded way, OP, is that normalfags are totally self-unaware. This is true, and yes it is the reason that normalfags are the way that they are.
They have absolutely no perspective on themselves or the context that they live in, or how they relate to others.
>>
I can be full normie when drunk or high on cocaine or MDMA because I just don't see, or don't care about my flaws and I ooze confidence all over the place. People can sense that confidence and energy too, and it makes them ignore your flaws.
>>
>>25196794
i agree op
whenever i see manlets,fats, uglies and etc hitting up on girls i always think
-what the fuck?can't they see how shit they're? ofc i love ta bang that chick but I'm aware of how crap i am
>>
File: 1438511681376.jpg (1003 KB, 4500x4334) Image search: [Google]
1438511681376.jpg
1003 KB, 4500x4334
>>25196794
That's indeed true.

I see ugly guys with cute girls, while i'm a 5~6/10 guy and a virgin.
Knowing how to talk to girls, having confidence and charisma are the most important things to have sex.
>>
>>25197225
wrong
if you're not good then there's no point in putting effort just to be mediocre
>>
It's not that they don't know their flaws, they don't care. I know I focus so much on my flaws, that I give up before the race even starts. Rejection/failures kills me to the point that I don't even want to try. I know plenty of guys who fail and fail again, and keep trying. Eventually they succeed to some extent, while I'm sticking to the shit I already know I'm good at, never experiencing the high and low of finally overcoming something I'm not good at.
>>
>>25197349
While I know it's probably not a healthy attitude, I agree. Better to have never tried at all then to try and fail.
>>
>>25197270
Nope, you think these successful people have all learnt from their mistakes? Kek, some of the management in my work are the most deluded people I know, I'd rather die than be like them.
>>
File: 855574slash56bd4cc28b 3.png (938 KB, 740x1226) Image search: [Google]
855574slash56bd4cc28b 3.png
938 KB, 740x1226
>>25196794
Everytime I get confident something horrible happens.
>>
>>25197103

I am. Shouldn't you be in your basement deciding which way to kill yourself?
>>
Normies have persuaded themselves that anything they do in life has worth and will matter. Robots realise the hopelessness and pointlessness of life.
>>
>>25196917

>implying you or any other robot scum could be classified as "highly skilled" in just about anything
>implying its not the normies that are highly skilled and you lot who are unskilled
>>
>>25197141

You're right. My shortcoming was my decision to try and enlighten you cucks. Now I'll learn from it and not try that again.
>>
>>25197410
Why lad? Original commenting
>>
>>25197225

don't forget that real chads don't consider themselves chads, they just live the life they want
>>
>>25197489
Please enlighten us about you're amazing life, I bet it's shit
>>
File: 1450165412970-a.jpg (92 KB, 750x1061) Image search: [Google]
1450165412970-a.jpg
92 KB, 750x1061
>>25196794
>robots
>not deluded
>>
>>25197487
I actually am, though. I'm constantly praised by others in my field for how good my work is, which is really hard for me because I don't know how to deal with compliments and praise, and frequently asked to teach my skills to people, give them advice, give them critique and criticism on their work, etc.

My boss at my old job viewed me as so important that I ended up with triple the salary I started with after two years of working there, because I kept trying to quit and go back to being a NEET and he kept giving me raises to stop me from leaving.

>>25197299
I found this with MDMA too. I think it gave me some insight into what being a normie is like, and I wish I could just be on it permanently, because life was so much better for those few hours. Not only was I able to go up and talk to people and even made out with a random cute Asian girl in public, but it also made the pain and pressure from my anxiety-induced IBS go away for the first time in 3 years.
>>
Nope if I was a normie, I'd be hanging out with friends or my gf/bf instead of moping around here.
I'd be going to parties, concerts/raves, trying out drugs and gossiping about friends or whatever normalfags do. I'd have people supporting me, telling me that things would get better, I'd would've achieved atleast something and I'd be an insufferable cunt like all normalfags.
>>
>>25196794
As a normie I think the biggest difference between us and robots as the ability to be positive, not the inability to see our own faults.

There are millions of normies out there who see their faults confronting them every day, its not uncommon to understand that you are shit at stuff or else you wouldn't have every other blonde girl in college saying "omg I'm so bad at math! Like I'm a total idiot with numbers XD"

I was a lonely bitter virgin for 20 years of my life because of incessant cynicism. Now I'm 24, have a great life, a great girl, and wonderful experiences. I've lived more in the past 4 years than the other 20 combined. I did this by "being positive," which made me realize that I'm not a true robot, I was just a failed normie all those years.

So yea, IMO true robots can't be positive for some fucked up mental reason (it has to be mental or else you wouldn't see all those uplifting stories about bitches whose faces get burned off or guys born with no legs/arms being the most positive people around).
>>
>>25198434
I feel like those people whose faces get burned orr or guys born without limbs etc are more so delusional and that's how they are happy.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.