[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>23 years old >don't know how to ride the city bus wew
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: 1450348110882.png (212 KB, 474x309) Image search: [Google]
1450348110882.png
212 KB, 474x309
>23 years old
>don't know how to ride the city bus

wew
>>
well you just sit there
the trick is that you dont actually drive it, but the man in the front with the big steering wheel, he's the one who drives you
quite a clever idea for a transport system they came up with eh
>>
File: 1450616751641.jpg (28 KB, 436x425) Image search: [Google]
1450616751641.jpg
28 KB, 436x425
>>25194237
but how do you get off at the right spot, like
when do you pull the cord, can you pull it anywhere or only when you're approaching a real stop? and how the ever living fuck is one supposed to understand the bus schedule, i looked online and i got a pdf of city streets with yellow lines on them, how the fuck am i supposed to decode that im not a gps system. fuck you nigger this is real shit to me.
>>
>>25194261
Normies fuck up pulling the cord constantly. They all do it differently because they just assume their way is right, and half of them are slightly wrong.

If the bus is moving, and the button is pushed/cord pulled, the bus driver knows someone wants to get off at "the next stop," whatever that happens to be.

For example certain buses are "express" because they only hit the 5 major intersections on a route, instead of stopping at every single little stop. If you get on that bus and ding, the guy will think you want the next stop THAT bus stops at, i.e., the next major intersection. But the normal bus guy will think you want the next normal stop. It's common for people here to push the button/pull the cord the instant the bus starts moving again after stopping at a stop, because they don't want to wait until it's like halfway there or whatever. They just want the driver to know he's stopping at the next one too.

Bus schedules are confusing to everyone. They're weird as fuck.
>>
>>25194261
fakin hell senpai

right first thing you do is figure out your destination and house on a map, google maps those two addresses
then you'll know the positions on a map
now, i dont know how it is for whatever shithole you live in, but here in bongland there's some sites (usually the sites of bus companies) that provide a webpage where you enter in your departure bus stop and departure time, and arrival stop + time, and it automatically gives you the instructions of the best bus to take and when they depart. if your bus company doesnt have it or you dont get how to use it, post that pdf, i'm sure it's figure-out-able.
next thing you do is go to the bus stop, then get on. here on bongland you can probably find the ticket prices online, then you tell that to the bus driver, specifying what kind of ticket you want (e.g. for a week, for 24 hours, just for one trip), then take the ticket and sit down. you need to show the ticket again when getting on any additional buses within the timeframe you said when requesting the ticket (e.g. show ticket again if you got a 24hr ticket and are getting on the bus within 24hrs of getting the ticket, rather than buying a new ticket).
then you can just use your pdf or whatever to find out when you're at the right spot. perhaps use the gps on your phone to help you find out where you are on the map. if you have a super high tech bus it might write what bus stop you're approaching on some sign or something. but usually, when you're pulling up at a spot, you can check out the bus stop for something like its address or the street you're on, and use that to deduce your at your location.
here in bongland you "pull the cord" (it's pressing a button here) literally anytime before your next stop. so you can literally push it just after the bus drives away from the stop that's just before yours. the bus driver gets an indication that he should stop at the next stop, so he'll stop, then you get off.
>>
>>25194385
if all else fails, literally go on google streetview and check out your destination. then either pull the chord right as you're approaching the stop, or just pull it straight after you see it, and then walk backwards when you get off at the next stop after it, the bus stops shouldn't be more than 5-10 minute walks away tBh.
>>
File: seriousnessintensifies.png (134 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
seriousnessintensifies.png
134 KB, 330x330
>move to a new city
>have to take the bus to uni because im a fatfuck and toomanyhills
>every time I board the bus its full as fuck
>dont wanna spill spaghetti trying to look for a free seat
>just end up standing in the walk way just behind the driver while holding both support beams like im protecting the passengers or some bullshit
>theres a stop where people get on before the stop where I get off
>always have to try suck my fat shit gut in and hug the wall to let them past
>they invariably find a seat
>get off at the next stop and walk off feeling like keyser fucking soze like I just hid my powerlevel
>mfw I was really an autistic fat fuck who blocked people getting on and off the bus
>>
>>25194481
i am impressed with just how well a stupid story of a fat man being uncomfortable on a bus can be made so entertaining and make me chuckle
well done, here's your (You)
>>
>>25194481
You deserve that.
I was fat once aswell, and rode the bus and I didn't let that stop me from getting a fuckin' seat.
>>
File: 1333924021044.jpg (61 KB, 475x633) Image search: [Google]
1333924021044.jpg
61 KB, 475x633
If you had learned how to use a school bus you wouldn't need to ride the city bus autist loserfag.
>>
I really like this thread tbqh
>>
>>25194481
Lots of people stand in the walkway when there's seats, its not that uncommon
>>
File: keysersoze.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
keysersoze.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
>>25194481

I can imagine it very vividly, anon.
>>
File: 1450365772517.gif (448 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1450365772517.gif
448 KB, 240x320
OP is literally autistic
>>
>>25194385
Atleast here in Germany Google maps can tell you directly the way. It tells you where to go and which bus to take. Especially usefull when you have to take multiple busses/trains to your location.
>>
File: image.png (278 KB, 600x468) Image search: [Google]
image.png
278 KB, 600x468
>Tfw when have license but can't afford a car so I have no choice other than sit at the bus stop, and watch everybody drive off into the sunset
>Mfw when I've seen some former classmates drive by
Kill me, I always get so insecure
and nervous around the bus stop, Jesus
>>
>>25194683
I'm no expert but can't you save like 1k-1.5k for an early 2000 car that looks nice like a BMW,Audi,Mercedes? Or do you have to pay some big taxes because it's an old car?
>>
op did u died
>>
>>25194901
Someone told me if a car is a thousand or below, it might mean that the car has a significant mechanical problem or it has high mileage so I can get it cheap but I'll risk having it break down soon so currently my goal is atleast 4K
>>
>>25194984
>, it might mean that the car has a significant mechanical problem or it has high mileage

fucking check the mileage first
or if the guy states "oh yeah the steering wheel comes off sometimes" on the page
or if you drive it and the steering wheel comes off
why are you speculating this, you retard
>>
>>25194683
>>25194984
>tfw taught by father about pre-2k cars alot
>could probably repair a car at this point
>don't have a driver's license anyway
I hate the very idea of driving when I can just walk or bike or use public transportation despite living fairly in the middle of nowhere

I'd rather get fit enough to run a marathon and move around that way

I was planning on spending the money I could use to buy a good car on firearms instead. No monthly taxes or maintenance costs for those and I'd actually end up using them.

see this
>>25195024
and remember to check the model specific mileage information online from semi-reliable sources.
some older cars also only went to 300k and then the meter rolled back over to 000000 but a marker appeared somewhere

usually a 1996-2002 that has passed the inspection within the last year without complaints and works well during a test drive is a safebet.

Also buy the engine manuals etc and learn to fix cars yourself.
>>
>>25195024
Well someone could just reset the mileage reading on the dashboard and tell whoever there selling it to it's low
>>
>>25195106

unless they randomly reset it a while ago to get it to ~50k by the time they're selling it, it's gonna be prebby obvious they're bullshitting
>>
>>25195106
Atleast where I live (Finland) it's a criminal offence to roll the dashboard meter back and it's easily detectable by opening the meter system and checking for specific grind marks. If you then bring it to a professional asap, they can testify and reverse the deal.

I know inspectors who can by inspecting 90% of car models tell how much it has been driven for. It's an incredibly risky business not worth the retaliation and losing the deal

see
>>25195135
it's always incredibly obvious unless you suffer from terminal retardation
>>
If driver doesn't stop for some odd reason but keeps on driving you just yell "oy, I need to get of" and he'll most likely stop and yell an apology back to you.
>>
>>25194261
>when do you pull the cord,
When you want to get off the bus. After you've pulled the cord, the bus will stop at the nearest bus stop.

> can you pull it anywhere or only when you're approaching a real stop?
The bus is always driving between stops, so you can pull it anytime you like.

You have to know in advance what bus to take and what stop is closest to your destination.
>>
>>25195523

i think op got killd
probbly by a bus
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.