[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /quitter/ here? >tfw I can't stick with anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 21
File: cuck shed.jpg (289 KB, 1388x858) Image search: [Google]
cuck shed.jpg
289 KB, 1388x858
Who /quitter/ here?

>tfw I can't stick with anything for more than maybe a week tops
>drop every single hobby I try to pick up
>just spend my time sitting at the computer doing nothing but idly clicking the next video on youtube in order to try and distract myself from existence for a little bit
>don't even find enjoyment out of the videos, they're just a convenient way to waste time
>>
If it makes you feel any better, I can relate fully... I can't even enjoy music, books, or vidya. I attribute it to an extremely short attention span mixed with depression.
>>
I know that feel
>tfw your only accomplishment us a high school diploma
>>
>quit trying to learn bass guitar
>quit university
>quit trying to learn Japanese
>quit trying to get a gf

i'm just a stupid lazy quitter desu
>>
>>27831197
>>27831158
>>27831125
tfw the only thing we can't quit at is quitting itself
>>
i can't stick with anything for even a single day, it fucking sucks
>>
File: tfwbitterrage.jpg (94 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
tfwbitterrage.jpg
94 KB, 700x700
god fucking damn it OP why did you have to bring up this feel. ive been trying to run from it all day.

>tfw you'll never EVER have a passion in life
>get burst of motivation that last for a week or two and then i fizzle out
>tfw you'll be a loser just like your father
>>
File: tfwignoreit.jpg (68 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
tfwignoreit.jpg
68 KB, 500x396
>>27831158

>tfw you left school in grade 8
>tfw you learned practically nothing k-7
>tfw the only reason you can type coherently is because of the internet
>tfw the internet, TV and video games taught you everything you know
>>
File: 1373583688027.jpg (92 KB, 643x760) Image search: [Google]
1373583688027.jpg
92 KB, 643x760
>>27831297
>tfw all of these except the last one
>tfw your father is an asshole but is a successful asshole
>>
>>27831342

>tfw your father is an unsuccessful ultra asshole

>>27831319
>>
File: 45165416.jpg (18 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
45165416.jpg
18 KB, 400x388
>>27830960

>no job
>finally get done with my car, a true hobby that's fun
>tfw after one night of having fun it blows up and I have to rebuild
>tfw internals broken, new $1000 turbo more than likely damaged from metal shavings.
>$50 in the bank
>tfw my car will never be back on the road again
>tfw quit all hobbies
>tfw back to being a pc lowlife
>tfw the past 3 years of working and building my car has been a waste.
>>
>>27831577
If nothing else, you got dubs
>>
>tfw incredibly jealous of anyone who's better than me
>tfw can't stick to any hobby for awhile because of constant thoughts of inadequacy
>>
>tfw I've been a hiki NEET for 10 years and haven't even learned a new language
>>
>>27830960
i live that exactly life except on weed and im full of regrets. you are probably young so stop giving up, just do it. dont let your dreams be dreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-sfG8BV8wU
>>
File: 1457496763070.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457496763070.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
>>27831710
>tfw Chad worked hard and has multiple hobbys he's very good at
>you don't even have 1 besides being better than average at some video games
>>
keep almost quitting my shitty wagecuck job. I wish something could push me over the edge to finally do it
>>
File: 0034 - 1qfwZyT.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
0034 - 1qfwZyT.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
>>27832673
>tfw you know chad actually deserves the girls for being a hard working guy
>tfw you realized you wasted half your life and you can never get it back
>>
>>27832673
>tfw I dont even play videogames
>>
File: 1398530879838.gif (60 KB, 306x469) Image search: [Google]
1398530879838.gif
60 KB, 306x469
I wish I knew how people had passion, and how they want to actively do things instead of just sitting. I literally can't understand what its like to feel that way
>>
you guys are insane
>>
>>27832673
>>27832823
>tfw better than average at many video games but don't even play video games
why bother desu
it's not like that talent brings me satisfaction
it just kinda happened to me
>>
>>27832869
>you guys are insane
care to expand on that
>>
>>27832783
>worked hard and got high GPA and sat in high school
>lift hard and never miss gym days for 9 months
>end up working min wage job and going to community college
>lifts are pathetic and look worse than my cousin who's only lifted for about 2 months

The sad part is that I try so hard, but I'm just destined to be a failure. Maybe it's horrible decision making skills, bad genetics, or I just don't know. I don't want to try anymore.
>>
>>27833261

>tfw you're overall good at everything but don't have the money or training to do anything.

At the end of the day we're the same anon.
>>
>>27830960
I can participate in anything that requires any form of active involvement.

>start hobby
>I'm shit
>think of all the years of practice I'll need to become not shit
>think about all the people who started when they were younger and are highly skilled
>think about all the people who just started but are already vastly superior to me
>the most I can hope to achieve is mediocrity
>lose an motivation
>drop it
>go back to 4chan

The only things I can do are post here and passively consume other people's creations like some kind filter feeder.
>>
>>27832673
I always wonder if it's actually hard for those people to work hard. In the same sense that a person who has lived in Finland all their life can endure -20C by default but someone from South America would have no chance. Or in the sense that someone who has has worked their way up to squatting 300 lbs can manage it with relative ease but it'd be impossible for someone who has never lifted. Sure, -20C is REALLY cold and 300 lbs is pretty heavy but are we actually faced with an equal challenge or are we just the South Americans to their Finlandians? I find it pretty hard to believe that it all just comes down to virtue and that your average mildly successful person would still persevere in my shoes.
>>
That's me OP. I feel like I was only meant to live to 30. I don't even know if I can commit to being alive for too long.
>>
>>27833722
I think its what you grow up doing that sets your personality and abilities in stone. Successful people either a.) grew up working hard and being successful and praised for accomplishment, so they feel proud and motivated to do things, or occasionally b.) grew up fighting against disadvantage because they didn't want to accept the shitty situation they were in, which also ingrains the habit of working hard, because escaping the ghetto feels good.

we grew up either a.) having an easy life but still failing at it, which ingrains a "this is pointless, why even try" mindset, or b.) being too smart and successful early on - if you never have to study to get As on tests, you never get used to working hard, and when you eventually have to, it'll never come naturally as habit
>>
>every other autist has a natural interest and proclivity towards computer science and programming
>thousands graduate every year and walk straight into cushy software dev jobs
>get paid a very comfortable living for doing something they enjoy

Even spergs have something to see them through life. Apathy and anhedonia are truly hell.
>>
>>27833813
>tfw studying CS
>pretty poor at it. Very poor at math
>4 years of studying and first year students know more than I do
>I will be doing this for the rest of my life

I hope I can at least land some job where they are ok with my shitty skills.
>>
File: 1452675874869.jpg (32 KB, 447x456) Image search: [Google]
1452675874869.jpg
32 KB, 447x456
>enlisted in the army
>whole family proud
>1 month into basic training get kicked out on purpose so i basically quit
>neet loser

i can't fucking commit to anything even when there is a contract for it
>>
>>27833813
>>27833876
>be a sperg
>have a natural proclivity for CS and programming, but not interest
>go to school for CS because parents say you'd best get a degree and make something of yourself, boy
>ace all my classes
>come senior year, have to get an internship or a job
>don't have independent projects or anything since I wasn't interested, school was work, do it and go home
>no friends because I was a commuter student. and a sperg
>nobody wants me
>plenty of classmates with 2.4 GPAs get jobs though, because they're social and enthusiastic and interested and built a website or something
>attempt suicide, fail, return to neetdom
>>
>>27831319
>tfw all my life experiences are on the internet
>95 percent of the girls i talked to were on the internet
>my whole childhood was on the internet

fuck why did i get addicted
>>
>>27833926
Same
Except the good grades.

You can do it anon.
>>
File: 1444208291081.png (822 KB, 3300x300) Image search: [Google]
1444208291081.png
822 KB, 3300x300
>>27831710
feel status:
[_] not known
[X] known

>>27832823
same
>spend most childhood and adolescence playing video games (except when school and parents limited it)
>think I'm an expert
>enter early 20s
>realize I'm only average or slightly below that

>>27832869
y-you too

>>27833813
>realize in late teens I want to become a programmer
>start learning it at 19
>realize I should have started at 10 like most good programmers, but around that age I was only interested in playing games rather than making them

>>27833792
>grow up fighting against disadvantage
>fail eventually
>>
File: 1458521503550.jpg (78 KB, 623x720) Image search: [Google]
1458521503550.jpg
78 KB, 623x720
>>27830960
This hit really hard, but then I read this >>27833453

Fucking fuck

I don't know where it comes from. It usually goes like this for me

>find something interesting
>think hey I can do that
>start doing it
>can even obsess over it for days and weeks
>as soon as I figure it out I completely lose all interest in actually doing it
>look for something interesting again
>never really master anything

The first time it happened I was 9 and I asked my dad how guitars work because I wanted to know how you can produce music from strings. He showed me, I made a few noises myself and then I didn't care anymore.

Currently I do video editing
>>
>>27833942
shut the fuck up you fucking dickhead ill fucking kill you
>>
>>27833932
>>fuck why did i get addicted
because its safe on the internet. You can always log off. You can always vanish without a trace. It's not like school or work where you have to show up and see the same people the next morning after you fuck up.

>>27833942
two years neet now, that's several times the time beyond which you become unemployable in tech. Besides I never finished the degree since you had to do the "experiential learning" class (that is, get a job/internship, get it approved, write a paper about what you did) that you need to graduate. it's over for me.
>>
File: funnymemefrog.jpg (19 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
funnymemefrog.jpg
19 KB, 396x385
>>27830960
>tfw you realize it has been 1 year since you started your new hobby
>tfw you have gotten way better at it
>>
File: fancy ramen.jpg (898 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
fancy ramen.jpg
898 KB, 1440x2560
>>27830960
>Who /quitter/ here?

Me. The only resolutions I've stuck with are getting up early each morning (after years of practically sleeping all day and vidya all night), going to work every work day (although I am still struggling to actually make myself do work while I am there) and washing my teeth every evening (after years of not washing them at all).
Everything else, including reading books, finishing games, going to the gym, dieting, learning a language, learning to cook, going hiking, every conceivable idea, I just can't force myself to continue to pursue it.
>>
File: 1454923552600.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1454923552600.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
>>27833920
Shit dude I did the same. I was so excited to join, I thought "this is gonna fix me". There's a contract and it's the military, I HAVE to get my act together right? No. I was done after two months. My only skill is to weasel myself out of commitments.

Should have been a lawyer in hindsight.
>>
>>27833876
If it helps, I was totally the same. Hated the pure theoretical CS subjects, hated Math and just couldn'T find anything interesting really. Almost dropped out of uni. Then worked some shitty jobs for like 2$/hr (Eastern EU) and realized that's not for me. Last 3 of my semesters, I had like 4.0 GPA and finally found something that mildly interests me. Other than that, I'm also a quitter.
>>
>>27833994
I'm like this guy >>27833952
some stuff I keep going at and I do get better at. but it brings me no satisfaction. I know I'm better than I was, but I see every single flaw in what I do. Nothing makes me feel pride.
>>
>>27834020
what the hell man are you me? I literally thought the same thing. I was thinking to myself "this will make me normal" "i have to do it, it's a contract"
>>
I'm actually trying not to learn programming right now, but it's way too complicated.

Writing for loops and if statements with strings and arrays isn't that hard, but after that it becomes confusing. Might as well give up.
>>
>>27833920
>>27834020
>>27834359
I've thought about joining for literally the exact same reasons as you guys. I feel like I want to ask something, but not sure what, so how'd you guys get yourselves kicked out? What'd you do? What kind of shit in general do they kick people out for?
>>
Is there an explanation as to why some people are like this? Or is it literally just down to laziness?

>see a job i'd like
>start writing cover letter
>get distracted
>can't bring myself to finish writing it
>never finish writing it

>start a friendship
>cancel plans last minute
>randomly stop replying to texts even though i like them
>maybe i never want to see them again
>never see them again

>>27834020
>My only skill is to weasel myself out of commitments
That made me laugh. I'm exactly the same
>>
I sit in front of my pc for such long periods of time I feel like my body is shutting down

My eyes hurt 24/7 and I cant see shit especially on my right eye for some reason
The bottom of my left calf around my ankle has been hurting all day, my right forearm started to ache now too. I'm fucking skin and bone and I feel absolutely nothing.
No emotion, empathy, drive, creativity, sadness, happiness
I don't even exist.
>>
>>27834502
And not to mention I have 0 energy and my entire body feels cold and like there's barely any blood flow anymore.
I actually want to die but not be rememevred for suicide
>>
>>27834463
I wanted to quit, but you technically can't just quit. So i refused to do any training until they kicked me out. I got a entry level seperation with nothing on my record since i was just in training. About 10 other people in my platoon quit.

There really is no point of joining the military unless you are borderline homeless. you can do anything you do in the military, but in the civilian world, except shoot muslims.

I would just not suggest it if you are introverted and have mental health issues. Really just better off not doing it. It really depends on the person though im just assuming
>>
>>27834463
I can't speak for the US because I'm a Eurofag but basically they will let you go if they have reason to believe that you're developing some sort of mental problem. They will have you evaluated and then they have to decide if it's worth the risk of giving you access to weapons and live ammo, because every soldierman on the planet has seen Full Metal Jacket. If it's only a few weeks after you joined they will just say fuck it, let him go home. Looks shitty on your record though, probably can't apply for any government position again.

In my case I was lucky because one of the sergeants took a liking to me for whatever reason and he could absolutely tell that I didn't belong.
>>
>>27834763
Pretty much this.

You are totally in the hands of your drill sergeants and they can keep you there the whole time if they wanted to. Mine just wanted to get rid of me so i got out pretty early.

For me though all i got was a ELS which doesn't even show up. They said i could even re inlist if i wanted to, but i'd need a waiver for only that branch though
>>
File: tmp_20421-GJrOuTLl392183560.jpg (50 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20421-GJrOuTLl392183560.jpg
50 KB, 640x616
>meet girls
>flirt with girls
>ask them on dates
>they say yes
>immediatly lose interest and cancel the date or go to the date and find a bullshit excuse to make it short
It's funny because I'm still virgin
>>
>>27834805
Let me correct that for something that's not government it doesn't show up, but for something that is it would
>>
Who /opens10softabsofinterestingarticlesinthebrowserbutneveractuallyreadsthem/ here?
>>
File: 1458702994195.jpg (16 KB, 344x356) Image search: [Google]
1458702994195.jpg
16 KB, 344x356
Weaselman here, apparently I'm also
this >>27834480
and this >>27834824

I don't even know what it's called. I get a rush out of cancelling, it gives me this big relief, a real high.

>party planned for Friday
>agreed to go
>everybody is pumped
>Friday approaches
>anxiety builds up
>cancel Friday afternoon
>feel it coming
>LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS
>orgasm

I actually plan on going every time though
>>
>>27834900
Me.
>an interesting topic comes into mind
>google it using multiple different keywords
>open results in new tabs
>start reading
>give up after reading only 2-4 of them

>>27834918
I can't do this. I do get the big relief, but I also feel very guilty.
>>
File: 1430835452036.png (664 KB, 1021x445) Image search: [Google]
1430835452036.png
664 KB, 1021x445
>didn't try for shit in high school, but looking back on things, all I had to do was do the homework on time and I would have been fine
>as a result, I only got into my safety school
>sucks, but I'll just transfer anyway
>started out college as a biology major so i can go to med school if I don't transfer over, in which case I'd become a biomed engineering major and still go to med school
>mom wanted me to be a doctor, and I had no other prospects for myself- although I was good at comp sci in high school
>first semester was fine, all A's, only one B (in history, so it doesn't matter)
>second semester, sudden wave of depression hits me for whatever fucking reason
>start skipping classes, missing out on exams, forget to turn in homework, etc.
>try to catch up on lectures at home by reading the textbooks, but i can't really focus on it/care about it
>end up bombing in my chemistry and biology classes
>sudden realization that i don't wanna a doctor anymore
>run to my academic adviser and change my major to CS
>second year goes swimmingly well, grades are all great and I enjoy the work
>put in my transfer application for the summer semester, cause I know I'm too retarded to be taken for the fall/spring semesters
>miraculously get in (some of my friends who tried a semester later for the next summer semester were denied, even though they had better GPAs and shit than me)
>currently in new college
>classes are shit hard, but what the fuck did I expect
>going insane cause everyone else is a smartfag
>feel insecure about own idiocy, afraid to ask anyone for help
>/nofriends/
>currently thinking if CS was a mistake, or maybe I shouldn't have transferred to this school
>tfw knowing i'll just end up a mediocrity
>>
>>27833977
>because its safe on the internet. You can always log off. You can always vanish without a trace. It's not like school or work where you have to show up and see the same people the next morning after you fuck up.
Oh God, I can't breathe
This is too accurate
>>
>Tfw you quit playing an event in an online game because every time you play you're reminded just how shit and useless you are.
>>
>>27833261
You're life sounds pretty alright. Community college is cheap, it allows you to figure out what you want to do without investing too much money. And if you've been lifting for a while, why stop? Figure out if either your form or diet is wrong and correct it. It sounds like you're on a decent path, keep going.
>>
>>27834016
You might be taking on too much at once, pick two of those things and work on them
>>
>>27831319
>>27833932
Thought I was the only one

Where is the reset button? Fuck
>>
>>27836106
Oh, I took on each of those pursuits one at a time, and quit on them one at a time.
I am just very good at rationalizing and arguing to myself that I'd honestly rather eat Nutella and browse 4chan instead of doing these things, and that nothing ultimately matters anyway.
>>
I've always said there are 3 things you need to be successful. Skill, Opportunity, and Motivation.

Having all three is perfect. You're bound to be successful in some sense. But the best one is Motivation by far. With it, you'll get the other two in a matter of time.
>>
File: 1454304574314.jpg (24 KB, 350x225) Image search: [Google]
1454304574314.jpg
24 KB, 350x225
>have never been good at a single thing in my life
>little to no motivation, don't know what success feels like at all
>tried going to the gym on and off for 6 years now
>never completed a full 7 day split and haven't gone in 8 months now
>try to learn video editing to make some videos I have in my head, perfectly planned out
>drop the whole thing entirely and convince myself nobody will bother watching it and it won't make me happy
>have a bunch of videogames I play halfway through and stop playing
>told myself I would run, swim and work out before joining the military
>that was three years ago and I hate running

It seems like settling for mediocrity is what I'm destined for. Completely unable to persevere and always want instant gratification.

I'm extremely jealous of those people who have those incredibly competitive personalities, show intiative and passion then get the results they wanted.
>>
File: 1387135070389.jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1387135070389.jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>>27832673
>tfw worse than average at video games
>>
>>27834514
Sounds like you have hypothyroidism my good chum
>>
>>27831197
I feel like I know you
what country
>>
>everyone i know says im a quitter
>implying i"ll ever quit touching myself at night

get fucked normalcucks
>>
>>27831158
>Only have one because you didn't know dropping out (quitting) was an option
>>
File: 12085723084092.jpg (32 KB, 680x329) Image search: [Google]
12085723084092.jpg
32 KB, 680x329
>>27835037
I know the feel, JUST FUCKING END IT FUCKING GOD WHY
>>
>>27830960
yep, 100% know that feel bro. except replace video watching with browsing 4chan. for the past 8 years.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.