[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no one will love you until you love yourself!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15
File: file.png (356 KB, 822x732) Image search: [Google]
file.png
356 KB, 822x732
>>
File: 1455314231294s.jpg (2 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
1455314231294s.jpg
2 KB, 125x116
go die faggot
>>
>tfw when there are suicidal people in relationships but normies still believe you need to love yourself before you can have a g/f
>>
>>27798581
Love yourself because you aren't a scumbag, anon.

Also that's a lie. I've had Guys who thought I was a girl love me when I hate myself. Emo chicks are loved.
>>
>>27798633
>because you aren't a scumbag
I feel like one sometimes
>>
File: 1453731736143.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1453731736143.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>27798581
>believing women are capable of loving their partner
>>
>>27798641
Remember, anon. It isn't about what you did in the past. It's about what you do now. Show love to others without expecting anything, but make sure not to get taken advantage of. I'd reccomend males at first, for obvious reasons.

I'm of the opinion bros before hoes.
Once you have some bros, you can get some hoes.

No friends? Try and add a couple of robots. I met a couple on steam and they're nice. Most will be turboautists tho, but that's okay if you are too!
>>
I'm a former robot and I fully believe this.

I fucking hated myself and wanted to die.
My mindset changed and I love myself now.
If a clone of me walked into the room right now I would not hesitate to suck my dick. no homo

If you don't like yourself what makes you think anyone else will?
>>
>>27798738
I still hate myself and am a failed robot.
Still found a gf. But that's just because I'm 6'2 and even as a turboautist if you look like chad, youll pull bitches as they say ratchet hoes dont give a fawk
>>
>>27798738
>My mindset changed and I love myself now.
what was the catalyst???
>>
>>27798581
people actually believe this meme?
(original commento)
>>
>>27798738
i do love myself but i wouldn't celebrate it
i still have the strive to improve even if i love myself
i still know that woman judge you on surface detail alone and couldn't give 2 shits on digging in and finding out who is the real you
>>
File: Like a flood.jpg (29 KB, 269x238) Image search: [Google]
Like a flood.jpg
29 KB, 269x238
>You will never love yourself
>No one will love you
>>
>>27798799
I realized nothing mattered and I'm pretty much the only person on this earth that can make myself laugh every time.

My entire outlook changed after high school.

>was going to kill myself
>read the "world is your oyster" story

My entire worldview changed.
No matter what I do from this point on, it's still more productive that the route I was going.
>>
>>27798581
not true
You can not keep love unless you accept yourself.
You can find it and people can love you but you are sitting on a powder keg of self destruction if you are not in agreement with who/what you are.
>>
>>27798793
>be me
>talking to girl for a while
>probably going to fuck soon
>she asks me how tall I am when we're alone after a party
>reply 6'2"
>she asks where I want to go with the relationship
>pull a "where do YOU want to go with it?" because I'm autistic
>she says she wants to date
>I accept

Maybe it was coincidence she asked my height at that exact time, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>27798581
Think of it this way: It's nice if someone else loves you but it's better if you love yourself.
And other people can love you whether or not you love yourself and vise versa but it'll never matter unless you love yourself.
Sometimes someone loving you can convince you to love yourself too.
But your love priority is yourself.
Eventually you may decide that loving yourself is predicated on loving other people.
It's not always a simple A to B affair, there's a lot of entanglement.
>>
>>27798936
wow I wish I could be that simple of a person
>>
>>27798977
How do I accept myself then? You fucking normalfags keep spouting the same repetitive shit but you don't give any directive solutions.
>>
File: 1458964405523.jpg (33 KB, 486x369) Image search: [Google]
1458964405523.jpg
33 KB, 486x369
>>27798581
people say you need to love yourself but no matter how much i masturbate i still don't have a gf ;_;
>>
loving yourself have nothing to do with self esteem faggot
>>
>>27799024
I personally believe it IS that simple.
No matter what you say or do, in 10,000 years the human race will be gone anyway.

Do whatever you want. I don't know why people care so much.

I'm getting a degree, I didn't just give up on life.
I'm studying engineering and I went for a philosophy minor.
>>
>>27799087
>No matter what you say or do, in 10,000 years the human race will be gone anyway.
so why should I not just kill myself? why shouldn't everyone kill themselves? it will all return to dust

nihilism is retarded and oversimplifies everything and I hate it
>>
>>27799053
You have to anally love yourself.
>>
Millennial narcissist say this garbage because they're all obsessed with themselves, they can't fathom not thinking they're hot shit
>>
>>27799038
become someone you would look up to or enjoy hanging out with.
>>
>>27799060
please explain the difference then
>>
>>27799107
You can do whatever you want.
Once you give up caring about what everyone else thinks you can literally go anywhere and do anything.

>but I dont have money
Just steal shit
You clearly don't care about living life to the fullest so jail shouldn't be a problem

Everyone COULD kill themselves, it would make no difference in the long run.
But you'd be missing out on that sweet dopamine that makes all existence worth it.

The entire purpose of life is personal happiness, because you won't be able to experience anything else after.
We just have a natural desire to reproduce, so that complicates things.
>>
>>27799213
>Just steal shit
okay, I'm done
>>
>>27799226
You're missing the point.
I don't know how much more clearly I can put it, though.

Come back when you graduate middle school.
>>
>>27799254
>Come back when you graduate middle school.
says the mongoloid advocating "DUDE WE'RE ALL GONNA DIIIE MAAAN JUST DON'T GIVE A FUUUUCK"
>>
File: 1458245782350.jpg (275 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1458245782350.jpg
275 KB, 1000x1333
>>27799038
Back up
My intent wasn't to give a solution
I was just sharing OPs quote/meme is a butcher statement that the masses took because it was an easy pill for many to swallow. No counsel/therapist/philosopher worth his/her salt is going to say something like that, they are not going to dress up romance as a weird as tale of self discovery, hell love and sex was my self discovery when I didn't even understand what the hell love was. The closest truth of the matter is what I posted which is the idea you have to be able to look at who you are and find peace with it and that battle is never the same for any two people and it is truly a never ending one, I find freedom in that but I am not so naive to think others wouldn't be seeped in horror at the idea that they will never reach a true plateau in terms of being happy or content.
Also Im not going to stand here and try and give you some paint by the numbers bullshit. You have to work out yourself on your own if people are needed in that solution I hope you can find the right ones to help but at it's core you will have to work out yourself.
Can't work it out? Sorry for your fate then, we can only care/worry about your issues only to a certain amount because we need to keep our lives in order as well.
>>
>>27799275
I don't see how you can argue with it.

But go ahead, just add a bunch of letters to words to attempt to derail my argument by making me seem stupid.
You clearly can't be bothered to do anything that takes mental capacity.

Oh wait this is /r9k/
Now I remember why I dont visit
>>
>>27799372
>Now I remember why I dont visit
please go back to where you came from
>>
>>27799175
loving yourself is loving you the way you are.

self esteem is how other people view you, so your self esteem reflects what others think of you
>>
>>27799382
>he tried to tell me something and I couldn't refute it so he should just leave
>I love confirmation bias

Pick 2

You're a sad sack of shit and I'm going to think about how much better I am than you while I'm getting my dick sucked tonight.

Go ahead, delude yourself once more into thinking i"m not serious about that.
>>
>>27799432
>I'm going to think about how much better I am than you while I'm getting my dick sucked tonight
please do, and tell your boyfriend I said hello
>>
File: vvDIlVw.jpg (53 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
vvDIlVw.jpg
53 KB, 722x349
>>27798852
Ya znayu that feel, famon
>>
>>27799451
I've checked hoping for a dick, but I couldn't find one.
But I'll honor your request and tell her you said "hi" :)

>>27799461
,comrade
>>
File: 590136741022342456.png (13 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
590136741022342456.png
13 KB, 500x350
>>27799428
>self esteem is how other people view you
you are so god damn retarded it's not funny.
>In sociology and psychology, self-esteem reflects a person's overall subjective emotional evaluation of his or her own worth. It is a judgment of oneself as well as an attitude toward the self. Self-esteem encompasses beliefs (for example, "I am competent", "I am worthy") and emotions such as triumph, despair, pride, and shame.
>>
>>27798581
>Love yourself
>Being confident
>Zero rational reasons to be confident
>Be depressed
>Love yourself
>...
>>
>>27799505
>passive aggressive emoticons
oh he's upset now
>>
>>27799428
wow you must be wizard levels with that sort of logic
Self esteem is just self evaluation. It has nothing to do with outside sources.
>>
>>27799572
are you fucking retarded? you are trying to pull some kind of self actualization bullshit on me and its not gonna work

what others think of you = directly linked to everything about you
>>
>>27799544
Depression is a whole different beast.
I'm not him, but depression defies logic. (Real depression)
You're going to have to go to a doctor or something. I've heard medication works for a lot of people.
>>27799545
yeah man you really got me
I'm going to fap to the thought of you falling asleep crying
>>
Can't love myself until I can learn to forgive myself
>>
>>27799617
>medication
I'm not going to take this "medicine" or fall for "doctor" meme.
>>
File: 1453044250488.gif (377 KB, 300x171) Image search: [Google]
1453044250488.gif
377 KB, 300x171
The version i hear is
>you can't love someone else until you love yourself
This is 100% a normie meme and has no real backing. Being confident and loving yourself has absolutely zero correlation to the capability of loving or being loved.

When my ex and I broke up, her friend tried to talk to me and spouted this normie shit and me. He stopped responding when i got the point across that saying that anyone who is not confident literally doesn't haven't the capability of loving is absolutely retarded, and to be honest a really terrible things to say, especially to someone who is already not confident.
>>
>>27799643

There's always psychedelics
>>
>>27799612
>are you fucking retarded?
could be asking you the same thing.
Follow the posts the issue was an anon was stupid enough to think "self esteem is how other people view you" which is not the case at all.
It can influence it but there plenty of people ot there who their self esteem influenced by what others think.
>>
>>27799612
Read the reply's
Someone thought self esteem was based on what others think of you.
It's not
Ir's based on how you value yourself.
>>
love:
a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

it's not possible to love yourself
>>
>>27799711
>There's always psychedelics
Maybe if i lived in USA
>>
>>27799638
Self-forgiveness in my experience lies in the belief that you always did what you were able to actually do and that who you are now might be a result of all the previous yous but has no obligation to them.
>>
>>27799724
yes but everyone has the need for affection and love.
matter of fact people would more likely to hire you if you are good looking regardless of your credentials
>>
>>27799364
This
You all are crying for some damn all fix all when it isn't there
Your life will always be a cyclone mess it's a question of how you walk though it.
>>
>>27799765
use research chems, like 1p-lsd
>>
>>27799372
That same mindset has gotten us to where we are today, with unstable employment and family units. Selfishness can only go so far before it starts affecting other people. Like stealing. Or killing. Just because it can bring a person joy doesn't mean they should do it.

Of course, with that mentality you'll just discard this argument because that is what that philosophy promotes. Reinforcement of your and only your own desires and opinion. Extreme selfishness. If anything, that is what will kill humanity off. Not some fuckoff meteor, apocalypse, rapture, nuclear bombing. It's when humans disregard other humans.
In the case of robots though, I could see that working. They don't have much anyway being social rejects and misanthropes. My point still stands that selfishness can only go so far. You will always have to account for other people and what they want if you want to get what you want.
>>
>>27799787
This has nothing to do with the original point retard you are just spinning in circles over issues not addressed rather than facing the music that either you are to stupid to follow a post chain or you are that same retard that said self esteem is how other people view you

If you are legit with issue I can clearly see where they are coming from and it's brain problems.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (31 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
31 KB, 1280x720
>>27798581
>no one will care about you until you put the mask on!
>>
>>27799858
you dumb faggot everything about yourself has to do with your environment
that's why doctors use the term "envriomental factors" because its important
no one develops anxiety out of nothing, if your mom buys her kids candy they will get fat, those fat kids will go to school and they will get bashed to death but their mom wanted the kid to be happy so its not her fault
so that kid kills himself because no one knows how to solve his problems, everyone just says lose weight because its the easy thing to say but no one actually knows that his mom buys him 20kg of candy every day
>>
> have always loved myself
> 100% true to myself
> confident in my skin
> never cheat the man in the glass

Where's my gf? 25EV.
>>
>>27798632
>tfw when
No you fucking idiot. It's just tfw. Tfw is a fucking acronym for THAT FEEL WHEN. Good god what is wrong with you faggots
>>
File: 1460031494061.gif (554 KB, 733x700) Image search: [Google]
1460031494061.gif
554 KB, 733x700
>>27799968
>tfw not confident in my skin (living the greek life is tough)
>tfw i've never been true to myself
>the person I love lives over 2000km away
>I am not sure if that very person even loves me
>tfw struggle to keep up with life , stuck in the old days , I just want to settle down with somebody forever and love him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lqffg8JAuQ
>>
>>27799961
My god keep this up and you'll hit a power line digging this hole so deep.
You defined a word grossly wrong. You abused a term to try and back peddle that there was a difference between loving yourself and self esteem when the reality is there isn't, they are one and the same.
>no one develops anxiety out of nothing
yes they do retard you drag doctors into this so you must know of the several metal issues a person can be born with that can make anxiety out of nothing, that can make one never feel happy because there brain will not make or release the chemicals needed to make you value yourself

Everything that is wrong with people can be found in how you are handling this one little fuck up you made here >>27799428 rather than taking the grace that you fuck up and moved on you have just launch the goal post to another playing field all together in hopes it will be forgotten.
>>
>>27799858
Self-esteem is judged by you.
Typically your judgements are passed on by the sum of the other people you encounter.
Eventually these things other people say may end up being the things you judge yourself for. Because you go off of what others say and incorporate their judging systems into yours. Thus because you are mimicking various judgements from other people you agree with they become integrated into your own judgements. This is usually unconscious.
It's a cycle.

That person who fucked up the self-esteem definition is still stupid though.
>>
>>27799994
>tfw when you in irl break the atm machine rip in peace
>>
>>27799785
I sure did what I was able to do in fucking something up. I can't forgive myself because I am the only reason I don't have what I want.
>>
>>27800137
well you could try pretending you like what you have
>>
>>27799994
I need to proofread more
>>
>>27800113
if you actually knew a thing or two about anxiety you would know that even if its inherited in your genes it does not mean it comes without a trigger
and the chemicals in your brain is just a meme, there has been studies on how events in life can effect your physiology
>>
>>27800159
But I can't like the fact I don't have what I could have, and did have, before my mistake. I can't forgive the fact I essentially took something away from myself. If some unfortunate coincidence had happened, or someone else had I wouldn't forgive the coincidence or that person, either. But in this case, it's just me. I can't turn back time to December, I can't even turn back time to February. I'm forced to make the most of what I have, and seek some consolation prize in the future, but I'm forced to only because I'm an idiot. I can't forgive myself for this, that's the sort of thing I'd have held against getting dealt a bad hand if it wasn't entirely my fault
>>
>>27800120
people also shape your worldview
if it was socially accepted to eat shit and die you would do it too, you are just unaware of the monkey mentality inside of you
>>
you love me long time when im lovin ou
>>
>>27799785
I used to abuse and terrorize my pets as a stupid kid/teenager.
Sure as hell wouldn't do the same thing today solely because I cannot forgive myself for doing something so wrong.

Going off of that, there is a grey area to self-forgiveness. Do you forgive yourself for doing something so stupid because you weren't a better person, seemingly making light of the wrong you committed? Or do you continue to hurt yourself over something you cannot change?

I suppose the desired stage would be retaining the good while forgiving yourself. That's the hardest part, really.
>>
>>27800177
Like you know shit
You thought self esteem was what others thought of you.
>>
>>27798581
Im a narcissist

theres still no one else that loves me
>>
>>27800233
Well you know better -now- but maybe didn't then. That's the lousy thing about hindsight. Maybe there are such things as second chances, or so I'd like to think. People like to even grant them sometimes, it makes them feel divine.
>>
File: 45621162567247.jpg (77 KB, 1544x800) Image search: [Google]
45621162567247.jpg
77 KB, 1544x800
>>27800259
>people also shape your worldview
Yeah and that's called self-conscience, self awareness, social apathy
NOT self esteem.
Self Esteem is completely an internal processes that may or may not factor outside sources like other people.
The original statement you made is false. No amount of deflecting the issue changes this.
>>
>>27800394
I wish I had a second chance
>>
File: CQlFYYz.jpg (115 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
CQlFYYz.jpg
115 KB, 550x550
>>27798581
It's not that no one will love you, Anonymous, it's that you won't be able to maintain a healthy relationship, if you can't love and take care of yourself.

I'm rooting for you!
>>
>>27800259
I can't tell if you're giving me the sass or not with such a drastically unrealistic example. Because that first line is entirely true. Other people, absent or otherwise, are environmental factors that will determine how you view the world. They have influence over your developing mind. Parents, peers, friends. The only thing they cannot seem to directly influence is how you handle their influence. Do you view it negatively or positively? Do you adhere to another view you're aware of?

Even the people who preach and practice more self-related worldviews are reaching to other people. The people who look to them are influenced by another person's words.

People will always have an influence no matter how selfish or internalized our processes are.
>>
I am of the opinion that if you try long enough and hard enough you can eventually force your mind to think in any particular way you want. Even if the environment you're born in has a profound effect on how you think you can still change this behavior with enough bending of the mind. Think of your mind as a slave building a pyramid for you of what you want to be, and every time that slave slacks off you give him the whip. Why else would something like Stockholm syndrome exist? The mind is very well adapted to seek contentment and happiness in even the most dire of circumstances, otherwise every time there was a famine or plague everyone would have killed themselves.
>>
The problem for some of us is that we can't love ourselves because we weren't loved when we were younger.

It's like throwing someone who has lived on a mountaintop all their life into the ocean and saying "just swim, bro."
>>
File: 1460200419844.png (31 KB, 734x1472) Image search: [Google]
1460200419844.png
31 KB, 734x1472
>>27798581
Why is that never ugly unwanted outcasts who say that and always women or Chads?
>>
>>27800527
yes i did live on mountain top. you know buddha?... he live with me mountain so i come down to say you i on top in cloud. i no come down now but rmemmber so i can live in ocean we breathe.
>>
File: 1460408880760.png (31 KB, 734x1472) Image search: [Google]
1460408880760.png
31 KB, 734x1472
>>27800530
Here's the Elliot Rogers edition
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.