[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally the cure all for everything. The only negative is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 17
File: meditation_sun.jpg (129 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
meditation_sun.jpg
129 KB, 500x373
Literally the cure all for everything.

The only negative is that it causes schizophrenics to go nuts.

Why the fuck aren't you doing this?
>>
>getting a schizo meditation high
>negative
u wot

If you're not going nuts you're doing it wrong
>>
>>27792327
Why does it cause skitzos to go nuts?
>>
>>27792539
Because it clears the clutter and allows them to see whatever they usually see more vividly. Or explore new shit, I don't know.

Normal people have boring minds, though, so nothing happens to them except they feel calm and whatever.

Sanity is a meme
>>
does meditation have the same benefits if im on SSRIs?
>>
>>27792568
In your opinion what is schizophrenia?
>>
>>27792568
This is the stupidest thing I've heard.
>>
Waiting for the 'meditation' guy.
>>
>>27792623
>Waiting for the 'meditation' guy.

kek
>>
>>27792616
Probably because you're stupid
It's not my fault you can't understand
>>
>>27792641
I'm schizophrenic. Kindly stop spreading this baseless nonsense.
>>
>>27792327
>Literally the cure all for everything
but the cure for everything is money
>>
>>27792655
Then obviously you're not the sort of person I'm referring to
It's not baseless just because it doesn't coincide with your experiences
Oh wait, you're the only person who exists, I forgot.
>>
>>27792683
What do you think schizophrenia is?
>>
>>27792327
I'm a schizo and I do meditation
>>
File: image.gif (118 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
118 KB, 500x500
>>27792683
>Cure all for everything

>Doesn't cure schizophrenia

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27792676
PREACH

THE CURE IS NOT MONEY THO
IT IS ENERGY. OF WHICH MONEY IS MERELY A REPRESENTATION!

WE ALL NEED MAX ENERGY. MAXMIMUM ENERGY FOREVER
>>
Everytime I try to meditate it only amplifies my hatred of the world and makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>27792701
A word that people use to pathologize their own minds. More indicative of self-hatred than anything else.

Usually they're weak people who can't handle themselves.

If you're full sensory integration fuck-up mode and your mind is really that intense I'd be less likely to be judgmental (and maybe even a little jealous if your mind is nice to you), though.
>>
>>27792701
Withdrawal from reality
>>
>>27792762
jesus christ please tell me this is a joke
>>
>>27792801
You're the joke

Now go bitch about it to your therapist
>>
>>27792762
What is weak about psychosis? You literally lose control of yourself.
>>
>>27792811
I don't have a therapist
>>
>>27792762
>A word that people use to pathologize their own minds.
What about people who are diagnosed by a doctor?
>>
Schizo here. I used to meditate by doing throat chanting/humming. It was effective at drowning out all my mind clutter and allowed me to focus. From the outside I would have looked like a tard just making stupid noises. I don't do it anymore.
>>
>>27792825
You lose control of yourself because you're weak and you can't handle whatever it is you're confronting, thinking or feeling. Unless there is no basis behind it and it's just some brain glitch, but it's a slippery slope when you start thinking that way because you can rationalize away anything that challenges the way you think and perceive.

>>27792831
Maybe you should get one.
>>
>>27792860
Deluded, because they think it means anything
>the symptoms are the disease and the disease is the symptoms
Retardation at its finest
>>
>>27792876
>It's not known what causes schizophrenia, but researchers believe that a combination of genetics and environment contributes to development of the disorder. Problems with certain naturally occurring brain chemicals, including neurotransmitters called dopamine and glutamate, also may contribute to schizophrenia.
>>
File: 1457572995768.png (793 KB, 1566x9292) Image search: [Google]
1457572995768.png
793 KB, 1566x9292
>>27792327
because people love body pleasures
>>
File: 1448406681430.png (155 KB, 1566x1805) Image search: [Google]
1448406681430.png
155 KB, 1566x1805
>>27792993
The_Mind_Illuminated_A_Complete_Meditation_Guide_Integrating_Buddhist_Wisdom_and_Brain_Science_-_Yates,_Culadasa_John e
>>
File: 1453882089594.png (146 KB, 1538x1649) Image search: [Google]
1453882089594.png
146 KB, 1538x1649
>>27793000
The_Mind_Illuminated_A_Complete_Meditation_Guide_Integrating_Buddhist_Wisdom_and_Brain_Science_-_Yates,_Culadasa_John_15
>>
>>27792327

Take your yogic caste shit and shove it up your poo in loo butthole.

Meditation is bunk. And those who believe it are autistically retarded.
>>
>>27792989
Yes regurgitate what we told you good boy

Half kidding. I think it's good to stay grounded and remember that it's all just your brain playing tricks on you, but at the same time you don't have to demonize yourself. Cultivate your control over your mind instead of wallowing in psychiatrist-backed defeatism and maybe you can find a way. After all, mental discipline is as much of a physical phenomenon as your vague glutamate errors.

Try befriending yourself and maybe you will comfort you instead of fuck with you all the time.
>>
>>27793077
I've never hated myself, even at my worst I stayed positive and got help but it's not something positive thinking can solve, it's literally an illness I mean I can't think my way into fixing a broken bone I can't stop myself from getting food poisoning if I eat out of ate food

if you believe positive thinking can solve almost anything I'd argue you've had a good life and you have 0 mental issues
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2123x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2123x1536
>>27793077
You say so many words and they have so little meaning. Just a bunch of self congratulatory mental masturbation. Come talk about being enlightened when you actually accomplish something tangible you smug faggot
>>
>>27792623
Unfortunately in fact for you, those times are over.

Turns out 99.5% of people are incapable of grasping the simple argumentative principles of rejection of free will, disambiguation/materialization of 'self-control', or the 'in moderation' fallacy, doing which would allow appreciation of studies describing 'meditation''s hazards.

But that's not even the point. I've always made clear when asked that my arguments are largely egoistic and serve to clarify the issue to myself. I have fully done that; there is no need to post anymore.

Being mentioned as a bogeyman is quite amusing though, even if not as satisfying as watching people naively begin to 'meditate'.
>>
>>27793154
What are you talking about? You seem to be experiencing psychosis.
>>
>>27793135
Lol, the enlightened never claim to be enlightened. Not same guy but ur a retard
>>
>>27793135
And you speak only to accuse others
Who's worse?
>>
>>27793154
We miss you anti-buddha. Your posts were more interesting than anything else on here.
>>
>>27793154
There you are. I missed you and your autism.
>>
>>27793238
Mhm.The time for retorts attempting to simultaneously address your run-of-the-mill accusations of me of psychosis and the issue of relationship of 'meditation' and schizophrenia (one could make some points about that, perhaps even reflected in studies, one might mention the false memories one)... Are over. I'm nearly sorry.

>>27793276
I miss myself too, dear anon.
>>
>>27792539
Alot of meditation school are about "loose of ego".

Some people may feel "loose of ego" similar to deperonalization/derealization.

For a normie healthy peopl it may be really horrible feeling when you are looking at the world and you can be sure if it is real or you are not recognizing your face in the mirror
>>
>>27793349
Meant to quote >>27793235.

>>27793282
Hi, too.

Sage.
>>
>>27793132
All I'm saying is if you throw your hands up in the air and stop trying to understand yourself or look at what's happening to you in a different light, it won't get better. Even if you don't it still probably won't get better, but at least there's a chance. Either that or you'll get something fun (or at least interesting, "fun" probably isn't the right word) out of it.

>good life
yes, definitely

>0 mental issues
probably a lot less severe than yours but I have them
>>
>>27793077
Normies can not understand mental illnes, even if you are a robot without mental ilness its hard.

Intrusive toughts that hit your head and you can not due anything about it. Fake memories that you are not able to tell if are real or fake.
Try weed or get drunk with this kind of shit in your head and stay sane.

and I am not even talking about hallucinations, because you are 100% sure that its all real.
>>
>>27793477
What kinds of things do you hallucinate?
>>
>>27793460
which do you have out of curiosity?
for transparency I have autism and schizophrenia
>>
>>27793349
>I miss myself too
Love this humour.
>>
>>27793518
I don't "have" anything because psychiatric diagnoses don't mean anything to me and don't do anything for me

I have problems with out there thoughts/beliefs/fears, derealization, strange perceptions, social shit and rarely realistic hallucinations with my eyes open but vivid realistic hallucinations with my eyes closed. A lot of that is just conditioned behavior and me being an idiot, though.
>>
To schizo-anon
What do I do once I notice I exhibit the symptoms of it in the protodormal phase?
>>
>>27793574
So basically you're a normie going "Oh yeah dude I was a bit sad after Stacy dumped me I totally was depressed lol"
>>
>>27793600
No, not really.
Just trying to help but whatever

Enjoy your prison of a mind that you refuse to get comfortable in
>>
>>27792327
I started getting into Buddhism but I feel like I am shit at meditating
>wake up
>meditate for 5 minutes to clear mind
>read Sutra
>meditate about what I learned
>go to mental hospital
>>
>>27793619
I'll try beeing myself dude it'll help thanks
>>
>>27793574
>I don't "have" anything because psychiatric diagnoses don't mean anything to me and don't do anything for me
ok what has your doctor implied you have? also how do you feel about me taking the medication my doctor gave me for my illness (it's made me a lot more stable)
>>
>>27793674
Being yourself obviously isn't working
If anything I'm suggesting the opposite
>>
>>27792676
You tell them, anon.

All my problems are money-related. Rent, bills, no car, can't afford to go anywhere or do anything. Only shitposting and buying food is in the budget. I can't even go to job interviews if they're out of town.
>>
>>27793720
I don't see a doctor because I don't trust them and because when I freak out I keep it to myself or at least try to be inconspicuous. I like to handle shit like that on my own, but I'm probably not in as deep as you guys.

>meds
Whatever floats your boat and makes your existence bearable
>>
>>27793819
>yeah dude I so freak out this one time
>like dude I thought I heard my dad call for me but, and get this, he was actually calling for my sister
>I'm so messed up haha
>>
>>27793888
You got me. Your helplessness is completely justified, I have no idea what I'm talking about. There's no way out, all you can do is slurp psych dick and pray it works until you die. Sucks for you.
>>
>>27793975
trying to be snarky but ends up writing the truth: the post
>>
>>27794045
It's a shame you see things that way.
>>
Sitting still not actively doing something is hard (have ADHD).
So I don't do it regularly enough to actually get good at it.
Even right now I am doing squats between sentences.
>>
>>27793513
I do not have hallucinations, but my close friend has schizo, when he had "attack" he was 100% sure that it was all real.

Its a really sad picture, when you see good friend loosing mind.
>>
>>27793576
Go to a professional ASAP please. If you miss it past that point and it's full blown then it's slippery slope.
>>
>>27794130
It just seems weird going to the doctor for it without having full blown hallucinations. The delusions are here, however, so it is only a matter of time for the hallucinations to form. Not to mention all the other stuff has been getting worse too.
>>
>>27794218
I think the delusions should be enough of a concern for you. Is it anything in particular?
>>
>>27794272
Everyone secretly hating me despite any evidence or protests to the contrary, forming secret groups without me so I don't realize everyone migrated there instead, people screen capping things I say to show to others so they can make fun of me, that people only ever pretended to like me as a joke or out of pity

Not as serious as thinking I'm being poisoned but it's still something I think
Sorry if it isn't and I'm just being a bitch
>>
>>27794362
Does sound quite bad desu. not some of the more serious stuff but it could go that way. See a doctor.
>>
It's a waste of time, and for it to work you need to reach a certain level of self delusion. Just cause asians do it doesn't mean it's good you fucking weebs.
>>
>>27792327
you forgot dissociative identity disorder

don't. forget. dissociative identity disorder.
>>
>>27792762

>brains are essentially computers.
>some people have wires going the wrong way and connecting the wrong things.
>sometimes sensory pathways are victims of this.
>sometimes much worse.
>the victim is not to blame, and had nothing to do with any of their issue.

>then this guy here:
NOPE JUST WEAK AND INVENTING WORDS I MEDITATE SO THE UNIVERSE TOLD ME EVERYTHING.

Dude... Jesus fucking Christ... I had my own super hippy phase in my early 20s and I didn't even come close to this fucking daft.

And to clarify your science. Neurologists found meditation causes growth in a specific part of the brain, yes, they know nothing of what it does or means except that it definitely makes people happier.
>>
>>27794391
You're a waste of cells.
>>
>>27794378
I'll try to, anon
I suppose it's best to at least bring up the concern with the doctor so if it progresses to active and I get my first episode I'll be able to get treated much faster
Thanks for the input
>>
>>27794391
Nah science man.

It has effects. Growth in the pre frontal cortex being one, and better mood control and sense of well being.

It gets all weaboo when people start talking about spirituality higher powers and as OP says, curing everything. That's all dumb bullshit, but I'd invite you to have a look into it.

It is a viable proven treatment and encouraged practice that science does support.

Not that I do it, but, yeah. It does some things.
>>
>>27792535
>>27792539

Hypnosis and meditation is bad for anyone with a psychotic disorder as it can disconnect one from reality /cause a relapse in an episode

This goes for bipolar people as well with hypnosis, although meditation should be fine for them
>>
In the past month, I've been able to do some longer sessions 60 - 90 minutes.

In one of the longer sessions, I felt the piti come on at first as a whole-body sensation, then changing to a more liquid-electric tidal feel, then shooting up my spine to light up my head (there was the white light people talk about). I couldn't say for sure if my hair was standing on end, but that's what it felt like. I watched that for a little bit, then it seemed to wash away. As I settled myself to restart concentrating on the breath, just the reset (relaxation, re-smile), revived the sensations of piti. Again, they built up to a very intense rush up the spine to the light, held for a bit, then subsided. That cycle repeated a few more times. Then it got more stable, still intense, but not fading away.

I kept observing the piti, and watched it move around, opened up to be as aware of every feeling of piti that I could at any moment. There was one very odd image while seeing taking a 'whole body' view of where piti was and wasn't at that moment. My body seemed hollowed out, just a container for the liquid electric energy, then that passed.
>>
At the end of that session, I closed out with another autogenic relaxation to bring the energy out of my head and back through the rest of my body.

The next day sitting, no piti, no nothing, just a session of concentrating on breathing.

The day after that, though, as soon as I'd settled myself, done my initial rituals, I barely started to exhale, when it seemed that my attention "saw" all the little bits of piti present, locked on them and there we were. This time it started more as "floating in a warm bath" bliss, persistent and pervasive, just less intense. I watched for a bit, then recalled Leigh Brasington's suggestion to see if you can turn the volume up and down on the piti. And I could! I could dial it up, dial it down and when it was dialed down, it didn't disappear, it was still there.
I turned it up, felt the rush up my spine, lighting up my brain, making my hair stand on end, and then this liquid white light (sort of like honey) slowly flowed down from my crown. I stayed with the piti for about 30 minutes at varying levels of intensity. At the end, I closed out the same way I had before.

In subsequent sessions, I've been able to grab the piti right away and maintain it as the object of meditation; varying the intensity, watching it move. From the feeling of an electric liquid, the piti seemed to be more of an electric ivy that would speedily crawl up, with tendrils, leaves and sparkles.

Now, when not sitting, I have an incrementally higher level of basic happiness, smiling more, able to pay better attention to other people, better whole-body or kinesthetic sense while training. Also, the 'reset' protocol I used in the earlier stages is much more accessible in daily life, which has been pretty helpful in times of both physical and emotional stress.
>>
Last night while sitting, when I dialed down the volume on the piti, I felt happiness come up and open my heart. It was like the happiness had been a core the piti-ivy was growing on, and now was accessible. It was a strong feeling, qualitatively way different from the electricity of the piti, more solid, more 'spread out', centered in my heart instead of my spine and head.

It was also a little wobbly. Thoughts that normally wouldn't distract me, now bounced me out of feeling that heart-happiness. When that happened, I reset, turned the volume up on the piti, then turned it down and let the happiness come back up. I stayed with that feeling for about 10 minutes of the session.
>>
>>27794431
You're not weak because your "wires are crossed", you're weak because you can't or don't know how to handle it and you're weak because you're willing to slap a label on yourself that reads FLAWED in all caps and use it as a fucking identifier.
>>
File: super duper.jpg (13 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
super duper.jpg
13 KB, 300x225
>>27792327
I can't do it. When I meditate my ki grows too strong and it causes tremors.
>>
>>27794503
>>Hypnosis and meditation is bad for anyone with a psychotic disorder as it can disconnect one from reality
does not matter. the whole goal is to stop taking seriously what you feel and think, since there is no relevance of what you think and feel in order to be happy
>>
>>27794575
Yeah man fucking jew doctors
They tried to tell me I had a tumor but I just meditated and drank green tea
>>
>>27792327
gonna get back on this when i can be bothered. dont see any other solution to the constant bullshit my mind churns out. except for drugs

normies try to distract themselves with constant activity but im too lazy for that

>>27792623
the anti-buddha? he might've left, i haven't seen him summoned in a while.. shame.
>>
>>27794465
sit around doing nothing to grow the pre frontal cortex and enhance my mood? 60-90 minutes like the anon's post under you?

It's a waste of time, you do nothing during those minutes. And besides anything that requires brain activity shapes your brain towards it's capacities, as long as it requires activity in the brain.
>>
>>27794575
You might be a special snowflake, but it is obvious whatever you have is mild, nobody who has seen a psychotic break up close and personal will deny the reality of mental illnesses. So grow up and stop with the feel good you control your life optimistic bull.
>>
>>27794630
Okay, and what's the solution that psychs would prescribe for schizophrenia? Antipsychotics... and?

This isn't about something as discrete as a tumor. Schizophrenia itself is vague as fuck and a lot more difficult to remove. You can't just cut it out, you have to learn how to deal with it. And actively choosing not to is weakness.
>>
>>27794685
Dude they just need to be themselves and it'll all go away
Maybe take a yoga class
>>
>>27794575
You know "handling yourself" is also a brain function that isn't magical, and depends on systems and functions firing properly, right?

For someone talking so realistic, you sure are ignorant of very obvious easy to grasp concepts of psychology.
>>
>>27794120
If you actually commit time to it it can actually help control your ADHD, and help with impulsiveness.
Even just 5 minutes has a really good calming effect that could benefit you.
Try it after your workouts or before bed when you are less full of energy.

If you keep with it you develop mindfulness. Which is super useful to just about anyone.
>>
>>27794362
But all that stuff is true don't worry you're not crazy
>>
>>27794705
No, this isn't what I'm saying at all.
They need to learn how to identify their hallucinations, identify faulty thought processes, rationalize the ones that seem indeterminate so that they end up not caring whether it's true or not, filter the media they consume and the ideas the surround themselves with because hallucinations can draw from them as source material. Not panicking even if it seems like the world is falling apart.

Shit, it's all about outsmarting yourself.
>>
>>27794735
Yes, and that's exactly why it's important, because it has a physical, tangible effect on the rest of your brain processes. So if you're actively choosing not to influence yourself, you're also actively choosing to let your brain stay in its hellish status quo.
>>
>>27794755
Dude they just need some yoga and a good cup of green tea. Jew doctors are a scam, the natural way with meditation and alternative medicine is the way to go. They cure cancer, yknow
>>
>>27794656
First, neurologists found it only takes 20 minutes a day. Second what you are actually doing, is trying to focus your thoughts on one particular thing or nothing.

Your mind tends to drift, so you bring it back. As time goes on, your brain gets better at controlling and keeping your thoughts on a single thing.

And it's a skill, like any other. The same way you get better at a video game, or a sport, or a puzzle, you get better at keeping your thoughts controlled.

This skill is highly transferable. And it works that simply. It is exactly like weight lifting for your arms. That is also why in studies they find growth in just two weeks in the pre frontal cortex of the brain for people who practice mindfulness meditation.

It just improves a single function of a single system and empowers a skill you can then apply elsewhere. Nothing magic or illogical here.
>>
File: magicians_penny.jpg (166 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
magicians_penny.jpg
166 KB, 900x599
>>27792327
can you travel thorugh time?
>>
>>27794780
No, I'm actually talking about real cognitive coping skills.

>Jew doctors are a scam, the natural way with meditation and alternative medicine is the way to go
False dichotomy. I don't believe in alternative medicine or mainstream psychiatry.
>>
>>27794817
>I don't believe in alternative medicine
Lol just keep choking on those ineffective anti-psychotics then, Goy
Keep giving big pharma your money!
>>
>>27794755
>identify faulty thought processes
So fucking naive it hurts. Ever tried convincing a schizo they're wrong in their thought process? It'd be like a 5 year old kid trying to teach you that 2+2 is 5.
>>
>>27794817
Different guy. You are right to be against mainstream psychiatry. It is mostly a scam. Doesn't mean there are real doctors and real scientists who know things about the brain.

I applaud and appreciate your critical thinking, and as one educated anon to another, I promise you.

As much as the guy you're replying to is an idiot, meditation *is* an effective proven treatment that has physically monitorable and reproducable effects on the brain.
>>
>>27794738
I guess I could try doing 5 minutes after my daily work out.
Worth a shot, especially with all the benefits and few if any down sides.

The things most worth wild are often hard anyway.
>>
>>27794854
They do work. Have you tried them?
>>
File: odom meditation 1.jpg (140 KB, 945x766) Image search: [Google]
odom meditation 1.jpg
140 KB, 945x766
Reminder that meditation is fucking with the occult and playing with gravely dangerous forces.

Meditation taken too far made Kyle Odom step into a realm where humans shouldn't be. (>inb4 he was schizo)

In the distant past, meditation was guarded by strict religious establishment and accessible only to trained monks who knew what they were doing. You do not.

Do not fuck with the occult.

I repeat, do not fuck with it. It is not worth your life.
>>
>>27794877
>As much as the guy you're replying to is an idiot
That's because he's trolling the guy with the usual arguments people make when they try and argue against mental illnesses being a real thing.
I can't believe I have to explain something so blatantly obvious, it's like I'm taking crazy pills.
>>
meditation killed my son and took away my family ;((
>>
>>27794889
No I don't need them bro
Just meditation and green tea
>>
>>27794871
>It'd be like a 5 year old kid trying to teach you that 2+2 is 5.
So...Common core is schizo tier?
>>
File: 1422818069418.jpg (174 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [Google]
1422818069418.jpg
174 KB, 1533x961
>attempt to meditate
>get an anxiety attack
>>
>>27794918
Common core is right in it's ideas, but horribly butchers the execution, so I guess there are some parallels.
>>
>>27794871
And you know why you can't? Because they don't bother learning to control themselves and they fall for their own bullshit like a fish getting baited hard. They don't think about what they're experiencing as they experience it because the emotional gravity of what they experience and the sheer mindfuck sucks them in and they can't step back. I'm talking more about delusions than hallucinations, here.

I'm not saying it isn't difficult, and that it doesn't entail letting go and accepting uncertainty, that it isn't still a terrifying experience, and that living in perpetual confusion will suddenly not be awful. But if you're not afraid of being mauled by a bear that you know is real, why would you be afraid of being mauled by a bear that may or may not be real? Kill your fears and you'll kill your reactivity to your paranoia (but probably not the paranoia itself).
>>
>>27794900
>Reminder that meditation is fucking with the occult
I don't think you know what occult means.

>In the distant past, meditation was guarded by strict religious establishment and accessible only to trained monks who knew what they were doing.
Maybe that was true of medieval western Europe but damn near everywhere else and nearly every time else that is not true.
Even then and there it was not some guarded secret. It was just assumed that illiterate peasants were too dumb to understand such things so they should just sit, listen and believe in whatever the local priest said without question.
>>
>>27794772
I had ADHD. My pre frontal cortex is shot. My life is also fine. I make good money, I'm educated, organised, and nothing you'd expect from someone with ADHD.

In order to achieve all of this, I have to do and approach practically everything from a totally different angle, I have to fight and struggle and exert an extreme amount of effort every single day, I fall extremely easily into lethargy, and despite having everything together and perfect, my car keys still might be in the refrogerator, I can't carry a conversation without the risk of unintentionally turning and walking away from the other person mid sentence without knowing unless I'm told later, and I am still frequently socially misunderstood and regarded for misinterpreted qualities I do not have.

A fucky system is for life. Sometimes it is what it is. And even though I have it together and a good system, I will never ever judge someone who can't get it in check. I do well because I have been blessed with other qualities that give me the fight. Not everyone is so fortunate.

Self control is highly taken for granted. If you have it, good for you. You are not special or somehow better, and you don't get to condescend or advise others.
>>
>>27795055
Preach it bro
They're just fucking idiots who buy into helplessness
Literally all it takes is to them to just conciously go "no I'm stopping this"
>>
>>27792327
>>27792327
>bipolar
>severe OCD
>meditation
HAHA
NO THANK YOU
NEVER AGAIN
>>
>>27795055
You sound like another one of those edgy 18/19 year olds from around here t b h
>>
>>27795134
And if someone doesn't have self control, then you shouldn't encourage them to develop it, too.
>>
>>27795169
Dude its all in your head you just need to stop thinking about it which meditation is great for
>>
>>27795204
I know you're just being sarcastic but

>measurable deficiency of lithium in my blood that causes mania and depression
>measurable decrease in activity in certain areas of my brain that indicate long-term depression
>mania that has been observed and reported by over a dozen different people
>30 on the Y-BOCS scale AFTER seven years of therapy and medication
>have to get my liver, kidneys, cholesterol, blood sugar and lithium checked every couple of months because I'm on so much medication
but yeah bro, mental illness is just that, MENTAL illness. it's all in your head bro, all you gotta do is stop thinking about it. easy as that. meditation and green tea is way more effective than anything those jew shills dish out, all you gotta do is relax.
>>
>>27795149
Well they could at least fucking try.
>>
File: 1454009899174.jpg (17 KB, 399x276) Image search: [Google]
1454009899174.jpg
17 KB, 399x276
>DUDE JUST SIT AND THINK LMAO IT'LL MAKE YOU FEEL SOOO GOOOD
I don't like my thoughts
>>
>>27795453
Okay all memeing from me aside
You're seriously a sad, pathetic, sack of shit
>>
>>27795473
Meditation is not about thinking, it's about disconnecting from thinking and feeling. Close your eyes, and stop yourself from having any thoughts, you'll wander into some thoughts in about 15-20 seconds and then you try and snap back into thinking nothing. With time you'll get beter, that's pretty much all it is.
>>
>>27795477
He's right in that medicines are not a long term thing and that ultimately a schizo has to live with himself, but most of his posts are just stupid.
>>
>>27795477
Because I think someone should strive to be able to control themselves fully? How does that make me a sack of shit?
>>
>>27795554
I don't see how you don't get it. I really do not. You can't be this retarded.

You're only as in control as your brain will let you, and let me tell you, it's easier said than done for some unlucky people.
>>
>>27795554
>HURHUR WOW DUDE MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE ARE JUST STUPID
>IT'S THEIR OWN FAULT
>OH WHAT YOU'RE TAKING ANTI PSYCHOTIC FOR YOUR SERIOUS CONDITIONS AND GOING TO THERAPY SO YOU CAN CONTROL AND MANAGE YOUR OTHER PROBLEMS? LOL STUPID FAG JUST MEDITATE BRO
Seriously you're spending your day picking on the mentally ill and trying to convince them to stop getting treatment. Re-evaluate your life.
>>
>>27792327
Because my mom is schizo and I'm schizoid, if I'm not living consciously my mind slips into daydreaming about crazy shit. If I focused a little I could make a tulpa but then I couldn't pretend to be well adjusted at all. This country doesn't fare well with crazies.

Source: saw how mom was treated
>>
>>27795598
I never mentioned be against anti-psychotics
I just said I don't trust doctors

It's not their fault, but there are things that they can do to help that they flat out don't because they think they can't. And that is stupid.

Calling them weak is a bit much, and you're right, that was fucked up, but I still stand firm in my belief that reflexively abandoning autonomy when you hear the words "mental illness" is counterproductive.

>LOL STUPID FAG JUST MEDITATE BRO
Never advocated for meditation either unless you want to get crazier, not less crazy
>>
I think the problem most human beings have is that they believe that their thoughts are "the truth" or "represents them". Thoughts are like things that slowly float up to the surface of a deep, dark pool. If you don't like something, reject it. Your mind is a windy whirlpool, and you don't have to agree with everything that comes up to its surface. It is a storm without rest, and if its tornado brings something your way you do not like, think of it as a thought, do not let it consume you or think that it represents you, or that it represents a "truth" about you.
>>
I'm 90% sure my anti psychotics will benefit me more than meditation could, I've nothing against meditation but it doesn't help 100% of people (I tried it extensively for 6 months and it didn't help at all)
>>
>>27795830
Isn't that just denial?
>>
>>27795849
Which one are you on?
>>
File: 1429856537054.png (6 KB, 389x464) Image search: [Google]
1429856537054.png
6 KB, 389x464
>>27792757
Thats because meditation is a concentration exercise, not a relaxation one. Thats why it can amplify negative feelings.
>>
>>27795861
Not at all. The very enlightened think thoughts with no delusions, but the average person is not enlightened, and their mind is cloudy. Take one of the most common thoughts that arises that people believe: this person doesn't like me. It arises, and they don't question the thought, and thus they think, "this classmate/coworker/whoever hates me". It becomes the truth. The thought "they think I'm a loser" arises. Can a poor fellow who has no confidence say no to that thought? No. It engulfs them, it becomes them, because they think that their thoughts are their identity. Thoughts are like things floating by in a stream, they are not your identity. Pick a thought up if you like it, otherwise, let it float on. The urge to throw a cell phone out of a moving window---a common thought that very, very few people ever act on. They know that it is a foolish thought, and so they let the thought float on and do not let it materialize into reality.

This can be applied to other thoughts, such as "I am a loser" or "this person hates me". When you let one of these thoughts win, then you start seeing all of the person's actions as "supporting" this thought. "He did X, Y, and Z? That supports my belief that I am a loser or he hates me". But that is foolish. This thought came to you out of the abyss, and now you are seeing their actions as supporting it, when really, it was just a thought that rose out of nothing.
>>
>>27794503

Reality is just a meme, brah.

https://youtu.be/luaRtGn2tsI
>>
>>27792327
I'm drinking instead
>>
because I don't know what the fuck to do. I get the part where you control your breathing and focus on that to get you in the state, but do I think about nothing or what?
it's confusing as fuck. Do I just sit there and chill and have no thoughts IDK help
>>
>>27792539
I'm schizo and I meditate. I can see what the OP means, it certantly exacebates my hallucinations and delusions because most schizos' delusions have something having to do with spirituality due to the nature of the delusions. When I meditate within 10 seconds I see huge blue waves of energy moving across my eyes and then the pictures start. Telepathy/mind control are much more present when you meditate. Overall, I think everyone should meditate schizos included, everyone needs a clean mind. Meditating during my pre-psychosis phase I think made my psychoisis worse, I went around for a whole year (fired 3 times that year) psychotic without knowing what was happening
>>
>>27795994
Holy shit. A 'meditator' calling non-'meditators' unenlightened because they haven't 'realized' that 'he hates me' is 'just a thought'. Just like a five-year-old calling a three-year-old retarded.

This, coming to have such thoughts, is a non-progress. In fact, it is regress. It is zooming straight into the dead alley of dumb, mute relativism, into the eternal preoccupation with 'my perceptions might always be wrong, so let's better not get too attached to them'. Rather than realizing the necessity of, banally, disambiguation and materialization of the term 'hate' in 'he hates me' instead, namely coming to form more and more verifiable beliefs, such as 'his brain has such a configuration of areas that the sight of my face provokes certain muscular or hormonal or whatever reactions'. But no amount of 'meditation' will, of course, make you realize that -- it can only distract you from it, by making you, of course, of course, empathetic.

And it is but the first, the banalest, of many many true, non-fallacious, non-delusional stages of intellectual progress to embark on. Which people who 'meditate' keep themselves away from.

Shit post because I can't quite edit my writing ATM. tl;dr: 'meditative' 'self-awareness' is dumb distraction that keeps your mind from being alert and mindful of true analyses of others' behaviour, such as are facilitated only by curiosity, reading, and thinking.

How did I come to make another post ITT again?
>>
File: 1429853697348.jpg (79 KB, 780x779) Image search: [Google]
1429853697348.jpg
79 KB, 780x779
>>27796194
You concentrate your mind completely on the breathing. If you think about anything else than your breath, you push that thought away. Also remember that concentration meditation is only 1/2, you need to do contemplative meditation regularly too.

To think "nothing" is the western esoteric bullshit version of meditation and the reason why it doesnt work for most people.
>>
>>27794431
I used to think that maybe schizos were 'weak' psychic-wizards who couldn't handle the forces that B in the plane that I existed in. Turns out I'm a schizo lol. Did you know that schizos have a set of neurons or something that are literally turned the opposite way like a wire?
>>
>>27796194
Yes. Think nothing, your mind will wander, don't let it.
After you do this, you can also try and concentrate on geometrical shapes (imagining a circle or square or polygons with ever increasing number of sides in your minds eye), or vividness of colours as a sort of cooldown. Google for more advances shit.
But the basic is thinking nothing, you can build on that later.
>>
>>27796269
Heard about that. Have you had any smell hallucinations recently?
>>
>>27796348
Yeah, I smell Kratom and Heroin all the time, sometimes my cigarttes turn into menthol.
Do any schizos get the hallucination where you feel like you're holding something even when your not? its so annoying sometimes I just hold my hand in front of me because its so distracting. Also does anyone have tactile foot hallucinations? I feel like whenever I'm racist I get a boot on my right foot and I start walking weird. Also one time I felt a hand grab the top of my head and hold on because I smoke pot.
>>
>>27793576
This is what you do
>go out into public
>think "if you can hear my thoughts then look down" at random strangers
>do this 20 times
>believe in telepathy
>shit your pants and die
>>
>>27792762
Red-pilled faggot right here.
>>
>>27794045
Nobosy understands schizophrenia til they see it IRL or get it themselves. It sucks that autists get all this acceptance but if your schizo you're "edgy faker", I don't tell people I'm schizo because nothing good comes from it, they find out anyways when I run into the room screaming "ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME?! DONT LIE ILL KNOW"
>>
>>27796442
That boot on your foot whenever you have racist thoughts, there might be something to it. Like your subconscious telling you something or wtv.
>>
>>27792577
if you actually dedicate yourself to meditation it'll probably help even more than the drugs, and it certainly won't hurt
>>
>>27796442
I smell shit often and piss and sometimes my old favorite e liquid

I never had the boot thing but i feel rain on my leg and sometimes things hit my hand
>>
>>27792327
excellent thread op, i'm just about to do 10 min of mindfulness meditation begore headng to class. lowers my anxiety significantly and helps me focus :)
>>
>>27796232
You missed the point. People who properly meditate do not get angry. I sense a large magnitude of anger from your post, I suggest that you focus on this area.
>>
Could i just practice "non-thinking" before sleep while laying on bed?I dont want to sit in this position like a mon cause i am not mental
>>
>>27795729
I'm schizophrenic and it took me forever to take the pills, I don't trust psychiaty because of my past (ADHD/Adderall misdiagnosis), but lemme tell you: anti-psychotics are the only things I've found to actually work to kill the voices and delusions. I can watch TV now! No longer is everything just nonsensical word garbage, no longer do laser beams shoot out of peoples eyes, no longer to I see people aiming guns at me from the corner of my mind. No more mind-control niggers zapping my butthole accusations of child-rape and threats of raping or castrating me every hour on the hour! woo hoo i love anti-psychotics but I don't trust a doctor as far as i could throw em.
>>
>>27796797
Which one do you take that works for you? I'm on Seroquel and it doesn't seem to really do a whole deal.
>>
>>27796555
I thought a black wizard cursed me by the intergalactic council of niggas to American history X my foot. Never made sense, most annoying thing im glad its pretty much gone. I always get that "ectoplasm in my right hand feeling" though. People never believe me when I talk about my delusions they say im making it up, im glad someone believes me
>>
>>27795864
olanzapine 20mg
>>
>>27796834
olanzapine, i tried risperidol, but it was so strong.
have you ever had an "external thought" where you hear your voice/see words close to your head or in the hallway or whatever? Risperidol removed the border so its like all my thoughts were external ones, I couldn't tell whether i was thinking or not, so i quit it.
>>
>>27796864
olanzapine is amazing i can smoke weed again (it only makes me half as crazy as it used to some of the time)
>>
>>27796884
Yeah I've had that. I'm hoping others haven't had much luck with Seroquel though? It really doesn't do anything for me but make me very sleepy.
>>
>>27792989
A lot of people seem to think I'm a schiz because of the different voices I employ. I'm not. I have only one mote of consciousness in my mind and I'm in complete control of it. The different voices come from me shifting gears. A lower gear means a more casual tone and a focus on the immediate things around me (my daily existence, music/movies/food/other sensory things, etc.) A higher gear means a more formal tone and a wider focus (global networks, historical events). My syntax will also fall by the wayside if I'm working with a lot of heavy ideas in a higher gear. Almost like I hardly have enough working memory to successfully communicate the ideas I've just generated.

It looks like a lot of people reach for the DMV to explain things they don't understand. It's a little alarming how quickly people want to classify one another as mentally malignant.

I hate meditating. I know it's healthy, but I hate it anyway. Feels like blood's gonna shoot out of my eyes.
>>
>>27796970
Yeah, I always thought that was a sleeping pill, at least the people I know who had it had it for that.
>>27796989
Schizo != multiple personalities
>>
>>27797012
What is it then?

Supreme original
>>
>>27792623

I have a feeling you're talking about me. Meditation literally cured my depression and helped me look at life in a completely different way. I cannot extol the virtues of meditation enough, and I have preached this many times on r9k because I think it could really help some of you guys just as it helped me, and I've been a robot all my life.
>>
>>27796970

I was prescribed seroquil (quetiapine) for a while and you're right it makes you feel very sleepy. I felt that it helped stop me going into a psychotic episode just because it slowed me down so much, both physically and mentally. It is a common drug in prisons.
>>
>>27797033
For me, it started by me thinking I was "christ-like", thinking I had special powers or healing (like, I had visual audio hallucinations that caused me to believe these things) and ultimately it devolved into having telepathic thoughts, everyone was reading my mind, mind-control, being watched all times, possession by ghosts, threats of castration and murder by strangers wherever I went.
a conversation to me sounds like this
(talking to a total stranger cashier at gas station:)
>him: "hello (my name) how can you stab me today?"
>me: "I'm a faggot don't rape me sir, can I get a cigarette (cigarettes are my mom)"
>him: sure 3, i HAVE YOU NOW
>me: thanks!

In reality we are saying different thing but that's kinda what it sounds like to me before meds.

Go look it up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqrXjFac75U
>>
>>27797130
did you ever feel that any mention of anything relating to your delusions was immediately about you?
>>
>>27797214
I don't know what you mean

imnotcrazyyouretheonewhoscrazyblox
>>
>>27797239
thanks okay
>>
>>27797130
I can't relate to that at all. I know you won't believe me, but I'm a pretty sane person caught within extraordinary circumstances. Many people think I have delusions of grandeur when I tell them about my family. I don't. That's what it says on my birth certificate. No I'm not going to carry it around with me just to prove my heritage to some random guy at a bar.
Sometimes weird things happen despite one's relentless empiricism.
>>
>>27797249
What would happen when I was insane, is that EVERYONE was ALWAYS talking about me wherever I went. Like I would walk past to store clerks talking, and they would be discussing my penis length.

>>27797260
Yeah I used to talk to spirits and fight vampires and accidentally kill children with my mind IRL. I lost everything due to this shit, makes me mad when some dude on the chans thinks that its degenerate to have a degenerative mental illness
>>
>>27797315
that is what i meant, thanks for clearing it up
>>
>>27797315
How does that relate to my post in any way?
>>
>>27797432
What you said, it sounded kinda like the things that I used to say about those things in my post, it made sense to post that at the time.
>>
>>27797468
It makes no sense at all. I can tell you're being facetious.
>>
>>27794503

>cause a relapse in an episode

that happended to me a few months ago.

best things that happened to me. feels like growing up. you have to face your fears to grow up.
>>
>>27797515
What makes no sense? My first post? Honestly I'm not being facetious if you can believe me.
>>
File: 1460334595815.jpg (81 KB, 564x716) Image search: [Google]
1460334595815.jpg
81 KB, 564x716
Meditated for about a year straight 5-6 days a week from periods ranging from 10-30 minutes a day. I was in a real good habit of doing it every night before bed (was too lazy to get up and do it in the mornings) but it really seemed to make almost no difference in my life besides seeing a blueish orb type cev and maybe once every 3 months I would have a really good session where I could feel energy rising up my spine and feel warm and tingling. Part of me wants to get back into it and part of me thinks it's a waste of time, any experienced (and realistic non role playing faggots) care to weigh in on this?
>>
>>27796723
You don't need to do that gay shit with your fingers, but the sitting position actually is helpful because it stops you feeling sleepy. You need very little mental effort to maintain correct posture, but not zero, and if it drops to zero you'll easily know because you'll slump off-balance. Traditionally you would have some teacher notice you slumping and hit you with a stick. If you're lying down you can easily slack off too easily.
>>
>>27792327
I've been meditating for 9 days now but no effect so far
>>
I really wish I didn't have self-awareness sometimes, I could actually bullshit myself and enjoy life
>>
You're only agitated because of your mind. Not because you're lonely, or have do not have S/O, or whatever you may desire or living to people's standards.

It's your mind. A mind that is calmed and focused is a person that is free from all of that suffering. Meditation really is the cure. All suffering lies within the mind. Just think about it, the people who founded meditation practices were people who chose not to participate into the society/caste systems or take up marriages and live a worldly life.

A good solid meditation practice will make you desire less of the world and be happier, you'll get into states of true bliss when you're in the meditation "trance". So why not meditate?
>>
File: innerl.gif (53 KB, 790x419) Image search: [Google]
innerl.gif
53 KB, 790x419
>>27797629
You probably need more robots.
>>
>>27797555
If you're trying to troll me, you're doing a sloppy job. I hope you don't get hit by a train.
>>
>>27797719
not trolling you goober, i dont even know what upset you
>>
>>27797689
World events agitate me. Can I meditate those away? Can I put on some spiritual blinders and not care about them anymore? Kick it over to the next generation and lecture them for being agitated?
>>
File: 1428519292160.jpg (40 KB, 452x363) Image search: [Google]
1428519292160.jpg
40 KB, 452x363
>>27792327
>Literally the cure all for everything.

Even as someone who meditates, I don't agree with this at all.

I have to say, the new-age pseudoscientific bullshit crowd claiming meditation is tragic. They've done nothing but ruin its reputation and come off as lunatics who blatantly disregard that which does not fit their narrative.

Meditation has benefited me, would've went crazy several years ago had I not started. I practice it on a daily basis. But it's by no means a cure-all, it's one thing out of many other things you can do to keep your shit unfucked. Doing deep-throat chants in a room filled with lit Nag Champa smoke won't cure your stomach ulcers, as an example.

Fuck I hate the new-agers, fucking lunatics.
>>
File: 1447540935988.png (93 KB, 245x274) Image search: [Google]
1447540935988.png
93 KB, 245x274
>hypomania
>>
>>27795473
no no, try not thinking. mental silence.
>>
>>27798522
>no no, try not thinking

Doesn't work that way.
>>
>>27798645
Well anyway I'm shit at it, I shouldn't have piped up. I can't even focus on my breathing, I notice my heart beat instead.
>>
>>27792862
Do it when your alone. Don't be afraid of what degenerates think; if your improving, that's all that matters.
>>
>>27793041
Veiled by maya you are.
>>
ah yes, i love being alone with my anxiety
>>
>>27793635
You need to extend the time of meditation to around 20 minutes per day, also the morning isn't the best time to do it. Neither is late at night though.
>>
>>27797837
Oh. I think there's been a miscommunication, but I guess you're still being sincere. Sorry for saying that.
>>
>>27799998
np I'm used to people not believing me. whenever you say, sometimes I become psychotic and believe people are controlling my mind and telepathically harassing me, nobody knows what I mean
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.