[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well wagecuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: IMG_20160408_075422.jpg (144 KB, 540x550) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_075422.jpg
144 KB, 540x550
Well wagecuck?
>>
>>27721357
>maturity leave
>>
File: 1393117763927.gif (117 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1393117763927.gif
117 KB, 500x375
You still have to pay the cooking staff, the drive thru cashiers and the one cashier that needs to stay open for the tech illiterate old people.

If anything my local mcdonalds seemed to get busier after implementing these machines. There were only 3 cashiers to begin with anyway. Just moved the two cashiers to the kitchen.

I DON'T GET THIS REPLACEMENT MEME
>>
File: 23tff.jpg (34 KB, 285x242) Image search: [Google]
23tff.jpg
34 KB, 285x242
>>27721357
>maturity leave

good kek
>>
why does this kind of blatant classcuckery exist?
like i could understand if a billionaire made this meme but they obviously didn't
>>
But this is only a start. If entire production lines can be unmanned, what make you think a burger shack can't? Soon McDonalds will be completely unmanned.
>>
This is undeniably a great thing.
>>
>uneducated
College kiddies are the ones who want $15/hr wages
>>
>>27721426
Because customers are assholes who frequently change their orders.
A human is more flexible than a machine.
>>
>>27721375
>>27721406

Heehee i was almost forced to face the fact that my argument was bad but i see here that you made a typo hahaha tough luck pal
>>
File: cease thine own jest .jpg (8 KB, 323x241) Image search: [Google]
cease thine own jest .jpg
8 KB, 323x241
>>27721357

>maturity leave

L
E
L
E
L E L

L E L
E
L E L
E
L E L

L
E
L
E
L E L
>>
>>27721426
People would rob the place surely.
>>
>>27721461
What's stopping them from robbing it now you dumb fuck?
>>
>>27721400
You could completely automate a mcdonalds. All the food is standard and people don't get custom orders. You could automate a fast-food place so far that all it would need is one maintenance guy who can sit on his ass for 9/10s of his shift and occasionally hit a machine with a broom.
>>
>>27721461
>not having automated turrets and laser fences
>>
>>27721357
>People are scum for working jobs that are essential to the economy and then demanding a living wage?

This country is run by batshit insane, sadistic rich sociopaths. The very fact that they can say this sort of thing openly shows how pathetic that average American is.
>>
>>27721453

That's not a typo, that is a completely wrong word
>>
>>27721453
I don't even support a $15 minimum wage. Doesn't make you any less of a bumbling retard, does it?
>>
>>27721426

Because machines are incapable of dealing with fuckups. They're only good for repetitive tasks that require no variation. What happens when there's a spill? Who's gonna clean the machines? Who's gonna restock the supplies? Who's gonna order more pickles and keep track of expiration dates? Sure, you can replace a line cook with a robot. But that robot is gonna be expensive as fuck to purchase and maintain, and it won't be able to do half the things a line cook can. It'll be cheaper/easier/less of a PITA just to have a line cook there. And you're still gonna need somebody to do prep unless you're using all specially packaged shit, which will come at a premium, taste like ass, and still most likely require somebody to open it and feed it into the machine.
>>
>i make 15.50 working in the ER as an EMT on weekends+night shift
>McCucks want 15/hr
fucking kill me
>>
>>27721375
>>27721406
>>27721517
it's clear he didn't even make the picture you dumbfucks, you understood what was meant by it and it doesn't make the point any less valid
>>
>>27721544
That doesn't make the
>maturity leave
any less funny.

Stop getting so worked up. Change your tampon you whiny bitch
>>
>>27721497
Why not automate them if you can? Don't hold back tech progress.
It's more bullshit to make up unnecessary jobs just to pay people to keep capitalism and wageslavery going. When we do automate things properly, then they can introduce universal basic income.
>>
>>27721540
>They're only good for repetitive tasks that require no variation.
this is plain not true
>What happens when there's a spill? Who's gonna clean the machines? Who's gonna restock the supplies?
see >>27721475
>Who's gonna order more pickles and keep track of expiration dates?
machines can do this on their own, in some places this task is already entirely automated
>>
File: 1459320397133.jpg (119 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
1459320397133.jpg
119 KB, 650x1000
>it actually fucking says maturity leave
>>
>>27721400
>cooking staff
http://time.com/3819525/robot-chef-moley-robotics/

>drive thru cashiers
Cash will be a thing of the past. It's much easier to have a bank card and swipe it. It'll be better once we get the illuminati to plant chips into everyone that we only have to swipe our hand.

>for the tech illiterate old people.
Those people should learn to keep up with the times or fuck off. I like my ancient tech as much as any other nostslgic cuck, but do they think the world shouldn't evolve and grow? That's deluded as fuck.
>>
>>27721564
I'm not saying it isn't hilarious, I'm saying you can't disregard facts because someone fucked up a word
>>
>>27721357
>never call in sick
what is crashes and glitches
>>
>>27721540
A machine does not fuck up. It wouldn't spill. It would keep perfect count of all supplies all the time and would put in an automatic order when supplies run low.
>>
>>27721357
>working in mcfast food
Top kek
>>
Machines won't be used to completely run anything, especially not fast food, for a long time.

The reason why is simple. Overhead costs and maintenance.

It's more expensive for them to use machines to run a restaurant than it is to cycle through new employees every few months and never give anyone a raise. Fully automated machines require constant maintenance, and mechanics who can work on them aren't cheap. The parts to repair them aren't cheap. Day to day upkeep isn't cheap. It's not economical.
>>
>>27721575

>You can automate a mcdonalds
>Mcdonalds/fast food garbage is only restaurant in country

You're a retard. You have no real world experience. You are just posting this shit for the sake of getting a rise out of people.

Fuck this thread. I'm out.
>>
>>27721467
The staff?
>>
>>27721666
you still haven't posted a valid rebuttal to anything anyone's said, faggot

>>27721648
the overhead costs will be a lot fucking easier to swallow if otherwise you have to pay $15/hr for an untrained asshole who's in high school
>>
>>27721541

You're safe mate. Burger flipping will be automated within a couple years. EMS is safe for another couple of decades.
>>
>>27721601
Are you retarded? Where did they say they disregarded the fact? They're laughing at the mistake, not disregarding the facts you mongoloid bitch
>>
>>27721702
Machines that could do all of the work in a restaurant by themselves would cost in the range of hundreds of thousands of dollars and require constant maintenance. It isn't feasible right now until technology advances further.
>>
>>27721692
yes, those dumb niggers, high school burnouts, and other worthless losers are so terrifying to robbers and that is why they don't rob Micky Ds

wanna how know the automated burger shops keep from getting robbed? the same way ATMs do it. keep the money in a lock box inside the metal machine. good luck busting into that in a timely manner that doesn't ruin the money inside.
>>
>>27721692
>implying the staff would do anything if a robber came in
yeah boii im gonna risk my life protecting a massive enterprise that dont give a shit about me and paying me shit wages
>>
ITT: Deluded wagecucks getting epically BTFO.
>>
Bumping for more wageys to be btfo
>>
>>27721740
They don't have to do all the work, just take orders and make food from a list of bullshit on the menu
it's not hard at all, and wouldn't be very expensive to build one of these machines. Even with maintenance, they'd be cheaper than paying a bunch of fucktards $15/hr to run your restaurant 24/7
>>
>b...b..but robots can't take muh job!!
Wagie tears are delicious.
>>
>>27721957
That is all the work anon. I make these type of machines for a living. They are not cheap to maintain or build.
>>
ITT: scumbags celebrate other people's misfortune and hardship
>>
>>27721357
This doesn't have anything to do with my job. I'm not ignorant, unskilled or uneducated.

I agree that many jobs that only require low skill labor will be done my computers sometime soon.
>>
>>27722113
>That is all the work anon.
uh, no. there's cleaning shit, maintenance and a few other small jobs. easily covered by a handful of people

if you really made that kind of shit, you'd know how fucking cheap it can be done.
>>
>>27721443
that's because it is an option to go to collage for a subject that will never lead to a career that will allow you to pay for that education.
>>
>>27722133
>MUH VALUE IN HARD WORK
Would you wagecucks stop saying this shit? My sides can't take this laughter anymore!
>>
File: job taker 3000.jpg (11 KB, 339x149) Image search: [Google]
job taker 3000.jpg
11 KB, 339x149
>>27722156
what was that you were saying?

original4357476
>>
File: 1458095138167.jpg (58 KB, 500x566) Image search: [Google]
1458095138167.jpg
58 KB, 500x566
>>27721357
My mc-crap job was way harder than my QC Chemist job that pays 45k a year right now. I also rely way more on computers than I did working at Mcdonalds because I actually had to talk to people ,clean, and "cook" all these things that couldn't be done solely on machines. I think people in STEM shouldn't be so quick to judge and point the finger when they are right at the brink of automation themselves with there huge salaries being way more of an incentive for big corp's to change, than cheap mc-shit jobs.
>>
>>27722236
I don't know why you think brick-laying would be my job, since I said I'm not uneducated. I'm a teacher.
>>
>>27721357
>maturity leave
It's funny until it happens to you. We need to set a precedent that people whose jobs are taken by robots are taken care of, because it's not going to slow down.
>>
>never call in sick
The equivalent would be the shit malfunctioning/breaking

>never cause problems at work
The simple fact that these things aren't adaptive is problem enough

>"maturity" leave
this is just the poor people shouldn't get pregnant eugenics meme

>and don't offend the customer with my idiocy
what does this even mean

There's a reason why people never speak positively about interacting with any automated call support service. Automation is shitty.
>>
>>27721357

Good thing I make 45 an hour.
>>
File: 2016-04-08 07.57.28.png (978 KB, 1249x538) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-08 07.57.28.png
978 KB, 1249x538
>>27722204
I do make this kind of shit. It can be done "cheaply" but when it comes to cheap and automated machines it's not worth the cost. Cheap machines are cheap for a reason. They are easily damaged, imprecise, slow, and are just hazardous in general. The cost of maintaining a cheap machine outweighs the initial cost of a more expensive one in a few years, and they both cost more than employing some mooks for anything under $20 an hour.

It's not feasible right now. Maybe in 10-20 years.
>>
>>27722259
I prefer doing work with an automated machine. People scare me.
>>
>>27722212
There are more people than jobs. Unemployment is a societal failing, not a personal one. Also,
>collage
>>
>>27722259

This robot gets it.

Robots are shit at being human.
>>
>>27721648

Machines making food hasn't been a thing until more recently because of lack of fine motor control and so on. It's entirely possible and likely that we'll see robots making food within the next 10 years.

Self-serve checkouts becoming the norm is only about 10 years old or so, isn't it? Look how they've taken off. I'm in Australia and my local supermarket went from 6 self-checkouts to 16 earlier this year, and this is a very backwards neighbourhood.

I'm glad to see the Staceys and middle-aged married women at risk of losing their jobs to programmers and developers who are mostly male, though I suppose they'll just ramp up the "give us free jobs" moaning for the tech industry.
>>
>wagecucks throw entire their lives away by being slaves just so that they can afford housing and food.

No wonder you Americans are so religious, the reality that you only have one life and is wasting it by being slaves is far too depressing for you to handle
>>
>>27722352
I want to travel the world instead of work. How do I do this with no money?
>>
>>27722352
>>27722320
Want to try again, eurocuck? Get your English dictionary out yet?
>>
>>27722361
Hitchhike, it's the only way really.
>>
Raise minimum wage
>spend incredible amount of money to automate entire business only to get a return on investment years down the line
>raise price on goods/services to cover cost and throw a little extra on top for myself, then blame high prices on the gov
Pick one.
It's like you guys have never run a business before.
>>
>>27722365
Suck mycock.
Suck mycock.
Suck mycock.
Suck mycock.
>>
>>27721648
Not yet it isn't. Robots are only going to get cheaper.
>>
>>27721426

and we will approach 50% unemployment thanks to automation, so there wont be enough people that can afford to eat at mcdonalds.
>>
>>27721357
Why are non-rich people against minimum wage?
>>
>>27722481
>Temporarily embarrassed millionares
>>
>>27722481
they are dumb duh.
>>
>Spend 4-6 years to get a degree
>Gets replaced by a robot a few years after graduating
>Forced to take a shitty minimum wage job
>Have children
>Repeat
Life of the wagecuck
>>
>>27722481
why are people against higher wages for everyone???
you can't have a topic that discusses higher wages without greed, entitlement and envy sending everyone into a frothy mouthed shit storm.
it's stupid man, we're never going to get ahead because people don't want other people getting ahead, simple as that.
>>
>>27722282
Machines are expensive, sure, but it's about the speed and mass production. A lot of factories are fully automated, even with the high cost of machines, because they can make a lot of stuff very quickly.

Perhaps automation isn't the sort of thing you would do to that smaller mcdonalds out on the highway or on a lesser high-street in the outskirts of the city, but it would work well in a very busy one in a city centre that has dozens of customers coming in constantly.
People walk away from those places when they see the line is too long. If you could automate it then you could serve customers fast enough so you wouldn't get long lines. Then you could have even more customers.

Maybe. What the fuck do I know.
>>
>>27722481
>Why are humans against free stuff for everyone
Dude economics lmao
>>
>>27722502
This.

We're all going to become rich, some day. We're all just waiting for that chance to make it big. And when we do, we don't want silly things like workers rights eating into our fortunes.
>>
>>27722282
are you actually saying that a mcburger machine needs to be precise?

9 times out of 10 whatever high school dropout slapped that shit together fucked it up somehow, a machine couldn't do a worse job
>>
>>27722361

I know people who have traveled around the world for decades. Of course they have to work randomly but when you dont own anything you wont need that much money. You wont be flying on first class and sleeping in five star hotels but if you really want to travel it can be done.
>>
>>27722547
"Temporarily embarrassed millionaire" is the equivalence of calling a black person "uncle Tom".
>>
>>27722481

I'm not necessarily against it, but it's rude to imply that those who imply it are somehow 'would be oppressors'.

Just consider this - the class that benefits the most from a minimum wage would be females, especially roastie types. The males on this board won't even be getting those jobs, in fact if anything it would decrease the number of jobs - while stacey the starbcuks barista will be earning more.
>>
File: autism_0.png (39 KB, 261x358) Image search: [Google]
autism_0.png
39 KB, 261x358
>everyone who works is in a mcjob

when will this meme end?
>>
>>27722524
The reason the lines get so long is because of how long it takes to prepare the meal. The time it takes wouldn't be cut down by much if a machine ran it, because it will take the same time to cook. It isn't worth it right now. In the future, perhaps.
>>
>>27722553
Yeah I'm saying a mcburger machine would need to be precise. Unless you want it fucking everything up. There's a lot more to a machine that would put a burger together for human consumption than you know about. If you're uneducated about how machinery works, don't bother responding.
>>
>>27722905
it just needs to slap together 2 buns, a patty and some fuckin lettuce/pickles
as long as they're all stacked in proper order(which wouldn't be a problem fuckwit), and the machine is sanitary, then it'd be easy as piss
>>
>>27722944
Go ahead and design a machine that can do that. It isn't easy.

It has to do everything exactly the same every time, or it will eventually deviate away from putting the burger together right. You have no idea what you're talking about, and it's painfully obvious.
>>
>>27722481
they don't understand the economy

A high minimum wage is good for the economy, it keeps money in the system. once a rich person gets money it is effectively removed from the system and added to their hoard. now, you raise the minimum wage then they can increase prices to make up for it, but their competitors will take a lower profit and keep prices the same and drive them out of business.

Then you have people who work at food places going out for food regulary, feeding more money into the system, the internal service economy grows.

Western civilization is built on a strong middle class, many rich people do not understand this and don't care about anything but increasing their own bank account
>>
>>27722993
>It has to do everything exactly the same every time, or it will eventually deviate away from putting the burger together right.
except it doesn't and proper programming can take care of this

I'd design a machine to do this, and it'd probably take me a few days to a week to do so, but the thread would be over by then. If you can't easily think of a system for how it would operate, you may be functionally retarded.

Most industrial systems are almost completely automated and they involve highly complex programming procedures, programming a fucking automated grill to slide patties onto a bun would be easy as fuck to do
>>
>>27722875
>it will take the same time to cook
Shit, that's a good point. I'm a retard for forgetting that. Doesn't matter how fast you can cut a potato, it'll still take time to cook.
>>
File: 1408359304210.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1408359304210.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
>15 an hour
>ever so much money

Fucking crabs in a bucket. I saw someone posting about this on normiebook bitching that cops only make like 18 dollars an hour.

Hamburger flippers contribute far more to society than pigs. Literal pigs contribute more to the world than cops.
>>
>>27723049
a high minimum wage, without increasing all other wages equally, will lead the devalue of work, and even increasing ALL wages, would cause jobs to leave the country to a place where it can be done cheaper. What needs to be done isn't increase wages, but to increase the value of work and the value of the dollar, driving down prices and driving up the standard of living
>>
File: 2016-04-08 08.56.26.png (1 MB, 931x920) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-08 08.56.26.png
1 MB, 931x920
>>27723055
Tell me what a single thing in this image is or shut the fuck up.

Yes of course it's easy to do! But guess what? The result is not going to be any better or even equivalent to just hiring some random nigger off the street. I'm not saying it's impossible to do, it has been done. I'm saying it's not economically viable.

How would the machine move the patties from the grill to the bun? How does it move the top of the bun onto the finished burger? How would it measure how much of a condiment it has placed? There's too many variables for it to be reasonable.

Sure, you can use high tech (expensive) sensors and timers and pressure gauges to determine all these things, but guess what? You can pay someone almost nothing, and they'll do the job just as well.

And guess what? When a machine fucks up, there goes the entire day's profits. When some mong doesn't show up, oh well, have the cashier do two jobs.
>>
but these machines are expensive initially and require programming for them
im ok with that since I'm at the software engineering side of things
>>
Boomers will never use touch screens to serve themselves, they barely have the mental capacity to breathe.
>>
holy shit what a poorly made image macro

>white text over parts of the photo
>call people morons with typos in the text
>watermark RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE as if someone would want to steal it

also someone has to repair those things. They aren't like the shitty n64 stations in the play area that the staff never fixes, they're an integral part of the system that requires constant maintenance. And heaven help you if they don't work or the customer doesn't know how to use it because tech support is leagues more awful than burger flipping (though it does usually pay better!).
>>
File: 1458613154775.gif (980 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1458613154775.gif
980 KB, 500x281
ITT: retardation

The problem isn't designing the machinery. It's making it affordable and completely reliable, and then having people there that can quickly troubleshoot it when it goes wrong. It would also require construction and modification to every McDonald's. There's also legal bullshit to sort through.

There's no way a company as experienced as McDonald's would be dumb enough to roll this out all at once anyway. There'd be a few test locations, then a few more, then some more, until in maybe in 6-10 years, every McDonald's is a robo McDonald's, and a few locations have been shutdown and new ones brought in.

And do you think gubbments are gonna be eager to just have this new, giant group of unemployed people to deal with on public rolls? Do you think they might not add a little resistance to the corporate effort?

There's going to have to be some inflation injected in the form of higher low-end wages for personal debt to be taken care of in the US anyway, at some point, unless they're willing to let things actually break down.

Maybe people only making 15 dollars an hour should be pissed off their job requires so much and only pays them 15 fucking dollars an hour. Will prices go up? Sure. That's inflation. Is it a 1:1 transition? Of course not, you fucking retards.

>A rising tide raises all boats
>but only if it's rich people raising the water; demand side economics don't mean anything! All the evidence to the contrary is wrong!
>>
>>27723161
>Tell me what a single thing in this image is or shut the fuck up.
I see an electrical cable :^)

You don't need sensors, gauges or any of that shit. A timer will easily suffice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-JR2KDRnEY&nohtml5=False
keep in mind this is needlessly expensive and a tech demo. the job can be done in a much simpler fashion and much cheaper, and if you couldn't even have a rough idea of how it could be done cheaply, you might as well be fucking mentally handicapped
>>
>>27723310
Good job. You've proven that you actually have no idea what you're talking about.

Timers don't easily suffice. You have no actual experience with designing, fabricating or operating machinery.
>>
>>27723085

That only works when most of your population isn't already in tremendous debt, or when your economy isn't part of a global one, or when banks don't make loans based on other loans.

Why do you think a high minimum wage wouldn't lead to higher wages everywhere else anyway? It's not just an automatic switch, but all wages would eventually go up; if a position is truly just bullshit, maybe it'll get axed altogether instead.

And again, America runs on debt. Inflate or break is all it can do at this point.
>>
is everybody supposed to go into a stem feild then? thats not possible, if machines replace all the min wage jobs, wouldnt we have huge amounts of homeless people because of it?
>>
everyone in this thread is extremely retarded

if mcdonalds or any other super rich multinational corporation could replace workers with machines they would have done it already regardless of the minimum wage. Fast food jobs aren't union protected or anything, they're under no obligation to hire people. The fact they haven't means it's not feasible at the current level of technology, or that it isn't profitable in the long run.

Like the entire argument is retarded anyway. As if a corporation needs a minimum wage increase as an excuse to fuck workers over. 'Bow to your corporate master you privileged shitlord' is never a good way to win people to your side of a debate.
>>
>>27723085
>increase the value of work

sounds pretty vague
>>
>>27722517
it always seems like theyre against it becuase they have some sort of weird petty resentment of the people working these jobs.
>>
>>27722352
Yes, because having no money and being homeless is a far better experience.

Not everyone here is a kid living with parents or living in a welfare state like Demark. I'd really love to repulsive spoiled brats like you kicked out of house and home. You're the sort of person I'd piss all over if I saw you living in an alleyway.
>>
>>27722256
that too can be automated. fuck, kids'll probably like the pc more than a person anyway.
>>
>>27723366

Bro, nobody is supposed to be anything. Automation WILL replace everything eventually, including the designing and building of superior machines.

The last things to go will be politicians and judges, because citizcucks will be afraid of letting a machine determine punishments and policy, even though they'd probably do a better job.

The end plan is that you get shoved aside and get to deal with it.
>>
>REEEE AUTOMATION IS TOO HARD FOR OUR TINY MINDS
Have you never ordered from Sheetz? The entire order taking process is automated. This tech has existed for 10 years. Obviously the future is not having to see the service industry at work.
>cooks implying they cant be replaced by the cookinator 3000
This isnt even a bad thing, it just shows how stupid you are when youre afraid of it being a reality.
>>
>>27721544
Look how much anger the pathetic NEET has when shown that he might just be on the wrong side of an argument.

Go outside, get a feel of the real world you little insignificant loser
>>
>>27723342
>Timers don't easily suffice.
it's a FUCKING BURGER
it's not a piece of complex machinery, or an automotive frame. It's a piece of frozen fucking ground beef, shipped in bigass boxes, that merely needs to be cooked and slapped onto a fucking bun. A machine could EASILY do this with just a heat sensor and a timer.

You've not made one valid claim as to why any of this wouldn't work other than 'hurr durr u dont know!!'
>>
File: 1459293918403.jpg (117 KB, 615x665) Image search: [Google]
1459293918403.jpg
117 KB, 615x665
>>27721497

Bernie plz go reeeeeee
>>
Conservacucks, if you love and worship your employer so much, why don't you accept cum as payment or accept payment at all?
>>
File: 1412745475994.jpg (56 KB, 579x819) Image search: [Google]
1412745475994.jpg
56 KB, 579x819
>>27723461

>getting mad at someone pointing out the truth instead of being mad that at the people who turned you into a slave

And for the record, I'm not him, and I'd still rather be homeless and without any money than wagecuck at a fast food joint for any serious length of time.

At least if you're homeless, there's a chance you'll pick up some sort of marketable skill eventually. There's also a chance of death, which tends to be superior to being an unhappy slave.

Fun fact: Panhandlers tend to make a LOT more than a minimum wagecuck.
>>
Oh, look, another "temporarily embarrassed millionaire" thread.

Do conservacucks realize how pathetic they are?
>>
>machinest can do jobs better than humans, so the machines take over these jobs
>not a good thing

I honestly don't see the problem with mass unemployment as long as we can distribute the money saved by using these machines to those who are unemployed. Robots taking over our jobs is inevitable, so we need to figure out how we can sustain the earth's population once this happens. If we continue to use this current capitalist system (at least in developed countries), about half the population is going to be completely fucked fifty years from now.
>>
>>27723310
>You don't need sensors
Jesus fucking christ, stay in school you braindead teenager.
>>
>>27723543
oh look, another 'T-there's no way a machine could ever replace me!!' poster
>>
>>27723497
You're ignoring that if they fully automated a McDonald's there would be more going on that just cooking a single burger patty, and all the machines doing these various tasks would need to be on the same page. There's need for a lot more than a heat sensor and timers.

You really just don't know what you're talking about at all. Don't get so worked up over it, go read a book.
>>
>>27723497
You have no fucking idea what you are talking about you dumb kid so shut the fuck up and go finish your homework.
>>
>>27723562
Oh look, another useless faggot who is on welfare who thinks they're entitled to an opinion
>>
File: 1416400450937.jpg (198 KB, 717x538) Image search: [Google]
1416400450937.jpg
198 KB, 717x538
>>27723550

Check it out guys, someone who actually gets what the real problem is.
>>
>>27723579
>insults conservatives
>claims I'm on welfare
Are you actually mentally retarded?
>>
>>27723577
I'm gonna be around this week and maybe show me around Bahrain the fuck is going on right now they're doing anything today? I don't think I might be a huge fucking degenerate into the other hand I was gonna be that video before I clicked it was pretty Reddit is that good for the entire family is going on right now they're playing every episode of season finale was gonna get home in like an hour.
>>
>>27723523
>and I'd still rather be homeless
No you wouldn't.
You're spoiled child who would be able to handle living without Internet.
Don't talk shit when you have no life experience.
>>
>>27723599
Life experience is a meme, dumbass.
>>
>>27723562
>>27723562
Did I say that?
The message implied was that we should bend over for our employers and accept less than adequate wages.

I'm all for automation. It's a historical fact that it has always improved the quality of life. As technology advances, making jobs easier or redundant with machines capable of doing them, people are freed up to explore new avenues. People were afraid of assembly lines and machinery during the Industrial Age, but because of those advances we have much more comfortable lives now.
>>
>>27723573
>>27723577
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ_fSP3LGw8&nohtml5=False
>360 burgers/hr
better start college applications, wagies
>>
>>27723653
How much does the machine cost?
>>
You underestimate the patience that an average fast food goer has. They do not want to deal with a machine unless it works flawlessly and those machines do not. The touch screens are laggy and the interface is clunky. They also handle coupons poorly.
>>
>>27721613

Yeah, that's not true. When I worked in a meat factory, there was a robot arm in a plastic box that had suckers on the end of it. It would reach over, press down on 4 packs of meatballs, lift them up and put them down on the other side. Once, one of the meat ball packs fell off and landed in its path. It whacked the packet of meatballs, and just kept ignoring it and knocking it all over the place until the pack opened and it was flinging mince meat everywhere, all over its box.
>>
>>27723592
Go to school, Timmy.
>>
>>27723693
once in mass production, easily cheaper than paying a fuckload of teenagers $15/hr
>>
>>27723708
the largest chunk of welfare recipients are impoverished blacks, who also, unsurprisingly, vote democrat so they can get more government benefits
>>
>>27723706
Keep in mind that anyone disagreeing and saying that machines would work perfectly and never mess up is more than likely a NEET, underage, or has never been near anything mechanically complex.
>>
>>27723706
Maybe that machine just decided it had enough of being a slave. It was imagining that pack of meatballs to be a human skull.
>>
>>27723743
The largest chunk of wellfare recipients are single white mothers
>>
>>27723753
isn't the most common political leaning of single white moms also democrat?
>>
>>27723715
So you don't know how much it costs? Why did you bother posting at all?
>>
>>27723586
>implying anyone on /r9k/ cares about the real problem
>implying they don't just want to argue amongst themselves so they feel smart

Anyways, posting a related "le stick figure" YouTube pop science man" video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>>
>Tfw working only 14 days per month
>being grossly overpaid (11 eur/hr)
>working only at night, so no getting up early
>no boss behind my ass, sitting in a comfy office with flowers and shit
>bring my notebook or play my old console on the tv from the couch while on my shift
>unlimited coffee and ice tea from the kitchen
Hmm, being a wagecuck kinda works for me.
>>
>>27723773
Not really, single mothers don't primarily vote democrat
>>
>>27723775
of course I don't know how much a machine that hasn't been implemented or mass produced yet costs you fucking idiot
individual unit cost is probably high but mass production would drive it down a shitload
>>
>>27721357
Even if everyone had a doctor in every field you would still need people to do low paying shitty jobs like cleaning or retail and shit
Fuck people that don't appreciate every job
>>
>>27723814
>MASS PRODUCTION WILL FIX EVERYTHING
Go to school, kid.
>>
>>27723745
Machines do not make mistakes. Human makes mistakes. That's why it's called "human error". You never hear anyone ever say "superior machine error", do you.
>>
File: 1454086202795.jpg (68 KB, 720x529) Image search: [Google]
1454086202795.jpg
68 KB, 720x529
>>27721503
That's considered a typo you retard
>>
>more jobs becoming automated
>wealth isn't distributed so that nobody has to work again
>jews take all the profits
>>
>>27723842
Machines don't make mistakes, but hardware fails
>>
>>27721590
that robot chef would cost more to maintain and it's not even necessary for fast food prep. most of fast food cooking is actually automated already. good customer service is the only thing robots can't do yet, and for the cleaning and organizing and wrapping and all that, humans at min wage are far more reliable throughout the day.

i can't believe how fucking retarded people are about machines. there will never be a shortage of unskilled positions. adults shouldn't expect adult paychecks when they work like children, but automation is the last fucking thing you should ever worry about in this situation. There are literally tens of millions of people who could replace you with fewer demands and better results.
>>
>>27723830
did I ever say that? I said it would decrease the individual unit cost, which is true.

It's spring break where I live :^)
>>
>>27723823
how are they going to continue working those jobs if they cant make enough money to keep a roof over thier heads?
>>
>>27723854
>A typographical error (often shortened to typo) is a mistake made in the typing process (such as a spelling mistake) of printed material. Historically, this referred to mistakes in manual type-setting (typography).
Putting in a completely different word is not a typo
>>
>>27723858
This
Universal salary
WHEN??
>>
>>27723814
There would be no point in mass producing them. It'd be fixed level production at most, because burger restaurants aren't some exponentially growing thing. Just stop trying. It isn't feasible and won't be for 10-20 years, just like I said earlier.

>>27723842
Machines don't make mistakes, but they can't reliably adapt to their environment unless they are designed to. The amount of fail-safes required to make a machine designed for flipping burgers would be too much effort.
>>
>>27723891
inna thousand years
>>
>>27723885
By raising minimum wage
>>
>>27723892
buying them would still be cheaper than more than doubling the wages of every worker
>>
once "machines completely automate" fast food, you're gonna have to change it from "fast food" to just "food". that shit is going to take forever.
do the machines have access to the ovens, freezers and refrigerators?
how do the machines make biscuits and mcgriddles and apple pies and cookies?
do they have logistics for the microwaves?
they can prepare the Parfaits, drinks and ice creams too, right?
how do the machines prepare the hotcakes and oatmeal? what if someone asks for oatmeal and fresh cookies, do the cookies fly from a conveyor belt also?
how do the machines prepare and mix the sweet tea, what if the mix for the ice cream and shakes run out??

basically, you would have to completely redesign everything from scratch. how everything is stored, how it's shipped, gathered, positioned, prepared.
the amount of space it would take... Mcdonalds would need to be twice the size it is or you wouldn't be able to eat in the lobby, they'd all be take-out.

>wow, machines can flip burgers
okay let me know when they prepare every single thing on the menu, refill depleted products and can discern between what's fresh and old in case someone asks for fresh food to be made on the spot.
>>
>>27723915
but they dont deserve that.
>>
>>27723920
No, it wouldn't. You're operating on assumptions you've made to support your viewpoint. I'm operating on actual facts. I really hope you aren't going to school for anything that might affect my life, because you are ignorant and incompetent.
>>
>>27723920
in a few areas maybe, but 99.999% of fast food locations will not have the need or the money for tech that doesn't even exist yet to make and hand out happy meals the way people expect.

you know what's easier than investing in DARPA quality robots? just raising the prices a few cents. it's like fucking magic.
>>
File: 1460056438948.jpg (100 KB, 459x453) Image search: [Google]
1460056438948.jpg
100 KB, 459x453
>>27723599

I'm already older than you (26). I'm not even a NEET. I've worked in restaurants before, and if I had to do it full-time, I'd straight up just rather live on the fucking street.

I can also go to the library for internet access, you fucking moron.

Not everyone is so eager to be a slave as you. Guess you were just born that way.
>>
>>27723937
you're a stupid person
>>
>>27723938

To "deserve" or "earn" something are both literal social constructs that don't mean anything real.

They're convenient social judgements.
>>
>>27723992
that's the type of reply i expect on this board, in this thread. something with 1 second of thought put into it with no punctuation or grammar, lol.
bravo!
>>
>>27723978
>I can also go to the library for internet access
Yeah, browsing 4chan in a library full of children sounds great. You know they're going to fire up the party van as soon as you walk in the joint, you fucking leech.
>>
>>27723978
you have no clue what you're saying. you're comparing standing in an air conditioned kitchen hanging out with a bunch of kids and immigrants while doing piss easy labor to gaining "marketable skills" by scavenging for food, warmth and internet before sleeping in some tent or whatever. even if you did make more as a bum on average (myth), that honestly sounds less like slavery? don't be edgy to make a point.
>26
ill give you maybe 17. not that other guy but you can't be this clueless in your mid 20s.
>>
Socialists should applaud automation. It means we're getting closer to post scarcity.
>>
>>27724034

It's like you think I need to be on 4chan all day or something.

>>27724054

You've obviously never had a job in your life.

>Air-conditioned kitchen

Pfthahahahahahaha.

Also, be careful about posting your age when you're not 18 yet. There's a reason you guessed that number, clown.
>>
>>27723973
the minimum wage in my state is $7.25. $15/hr is literally more than double that amount.

I could get behind raising it to something like $9/hr, but $15/hr is fucking outrageous
>>
>>27721420
Well for me it's this.

I've got an interview today for a job that pays $13 an hour. To even get the interview I needed two bachelor's degrees.

If fast food workers want $15 an hour for unskilled nonphysical jobs, they're greedy.
>>
>>27724090
>trying this hard
>this reaction to being called underage
pull yourself together fampai
>>
>>27723938
Why would they not deserve it?
>>
>>27721357
>implying this is fool proof
just go to a walmart with a self check out and watch all the idiots as they try to figure out how to work the machines.
>>
>>27724116

It's more like you deserve 26-30 dollars an hour bruh, not that they're evil and greedy.
>>
>>27724106
I completely agree, and because it's mathematically outrageous and not just muh feelings outrageous, it won't happen so suddenly. But the math also rejects any notion that automation will take over those positions. More likely, a lot of locations will just close. In seattle there were plenty of people who were getting fucked in the ass by min wage but most workers were making 11-12 already so it wasn't such a huge leap especially in a very busy city. Doing it statewide just doesn't make sense but if history is any indicator you'll just have higher costs of living and literally nothing would change for the lower class (it would make life shittier for middle though).

Anyway spongebob squarepants robots are decades away from production.
>>
>>27724116
Why are Americans convinced they don't deserve more? It's like you want to be punished. Honestly, the U.S needs to be fucking nuked, it's a cancer on the Earth. You people are straight up fucked in the head.
>>
>>27724166
this.
everyone can't see that all wages are low and that your educational "good for you" papers are skewed in delivering the wages you deserve.
>non-physical job
yeah, the boxes of fries, boxes of hamburger patties, boxes of nuggets and everything just teleports from the freezers to the kitchen and everything just teleports from distribution truck into the Mcdonalds storage.
oh yeah and all the vats and everything all clean themselves and the dishes do themselves, lol.
non-physical. do we know what the word physical means??
>>
>>27721357
>card payment only
That right there ensures it will never work
>>
>>27724116
You are devaluing your degree by going to that interview. I only have an AS right now and I would never work for $13/hour. Right now, I'm getting paid $20/hour.
>>
>>27724241
There are machines that handle cash payment. Just look at a grocery store.
>>
>>27724252
>degree
>hourly wages
>nigga you stupid.
>>
File: 1460011813344.jpg (149 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1460011813344.jpg
149 KB, 960x960
>>27724217

American here.

It really is fucking absurd. I talk to people all the time that act like they deserve to be poor, and that if people made a few more bucks or got a few more breaks that the economy would just fucking implode despite all the evidence to the contrary in pretty much every other modern economy.

The right was very good in building a pseudoreligion during the 70's that convinces these sorts of people that they are morally superior for doing a lot of work for almost no benefit. The real beauty is that people that believe this are so fucking stupid that you kind of enjoy seeing them suffer.
>>
>>27724116
Don't glorify CS and computer engineering degrees bub
>>
>>27724334
Are you retarded? You're not going to get salary with an Associates degree.
>>
>>27724252

>everyone lives in the same region/area and everyone studied the same thing

Come on man. Also, experience is more important than former unicucks like myself want to admit.
>>
>>27724367
In any region of the US, you should not be accepting $13 for a position that requires 2 bachelors degrees unless the degrees are in something retarded like gender studies
>>
>>27724116
one bachelor's degree would have gotten you at least $17

since you have two they know you're a retard and can pay you nothing though lmao
>>
>>27721357
>maturity leave
Are you trying to say "maternity leave?"
>>
>>27721357
But i already get paid 21 dollars after taxes. You are thinking of wageslaves not wagecucks.
>>
>>27724387

Maybe that's what he studied, anon. I doubt he actually NEEDED two degrees anyway; it's probably more like it's a low-paid field and he had to supplement his lack of experience with education, which is likely a rare occurrence at all for whatever he's applying to.

Anon hurry the fuck up and tell us what you studied.

>>27724400

>17 dollars an hour

Where are you getting these random numbers?
>>
>>27724359
Microbiology and Botany B.S. with a Chemistry minor
>>
>>27721357
Something is seriously fucked up with society if you think of machines replacing humans who are doing shitty as fuck jobs as a bad thing.

That should be the end goal. Society is all backwards when layoffs because of robots is met with harsh criticism. The only problem is that all these workers getting cut out by technology only benefits the wealthy owners. We can simply change that and sci-fi utopia here we come!
>>
>>27724337
this guy is a cuckold
>>27724217
everyone acts entitled here to more, especially people who grew up here. it's extremely unpopular to say that unskilled workers should not get a pay bump. it's just that our culture is very competitive and everybody has some set of skills they developed over a lifetime. seeing this sort of issue come up for assholes who coasted through life while the middle class is somewhat struggling compared to 20 years ago, makes people emotional about it. it's not about economics or punishment at all. but again it's fucking unpopular. anyone you talk to will either be indifferent or think that wages should rise at least in wealthy cities where the median salary is like 10 times minimum wage.

as it turns out however, the quality of life even for the poorest of the poor in most states is fucking phenomenal compared to almost any other country. why don't you nuke yourself for being uneducated.
>>
>>27724485

Is it for a lab position? I have a friend who went into biology and now he's mad wagecucking for 14 bucks an hour (despite spending 100k on his degree in loans).

Godspeed anon, you poor bastard. At least microbiology is interesting though.
>>
>>27724337
hahahahaha sitting on my bed laughing my ass off at how absurdly right you are. pic saved.

I'm a musician, why would I go to school to gain knowledge when the only thing of value is action? All you have to do is find the action you're best at.

If you are an unskilled laborer, your action is waiting on/cooking for/cleaning the houses of people who are more useful than you. And fuck if I'm going to do manual labor. If you're me, you're sitting at the piano, in cushy hotels and country clubs, drinking for free. You know, the kind with carpet and ballrooms.
>>
>>27724485
Oh fuck sorry didn't realize you needed a degree to be a horticulturist. Like the one who does maintenance work on my house.
>>
>>27724458
I studied Business Administration. I get paid to sift through teenage applications and listen to workers who have hurt feelings.
>>
>>27724509

This guy right here has never had a job in his life, and only talks to his fellow Uni students.
>>
>>27724523
Yes it's a research assistant position.

I have 8 months experience, but everything asks for a year.
>>
>>27722481
Basically because they don't want to be making minimum wage. If they make $15 already then the last thing they want is for the minimum to be raised to $15. Prices would go up and they wouldn't make any more money.

Most people are kept in that magic place right above minimum wage by their employers for this effect to have the maximum impact.
>>
>tfw when shitposter 3000 put me out of a job

Neo-Luddite revolution when?
>>
>>27724583
How do you have 2 BS degrees and under 1 year of experience?
>>
File: 73.jpg (945 KB, 879x700) Image search: [Google]
73.jpg
945 KB, 879x700
(Sounds an awful lot like a slow transition to the Venus Project in here.)
>>
>>27724582
>upset that he's a cuck for surrounding himself with other cucks
>>
>>27724509
>the quality of life even for the poorest of the poor in most states is fucking phenomenal compared to almost any other country
I believe you honestly believe this. I don't know what the fuck to tell you. Are you aware of Western Europe and the Commonwealth countries?
>>
File: 05-21mattrick_page.jpg (44 KB, 580x361) Image search: [Google]
05-21mattrick_page.jpg
44 KB, 580x361
>>27724569

Sounds miserable senpai. Do you at least enjoy watching the hurt feelings of teeange girls while they cry?
>>
File: 1412071669913.gif (178 KB, 428x427) Image search: [Google]
1412071669913.gif
178 KB, 428x427
>>27724620

I'm so glad you're just continuing to prove my point. Can't wait til you graduate in a few years and discover things are even worse than they are today.

I'm sure you'll wow everyone with your GPA and internship though, kiddo.
>>
>>27721400
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNy6fEuPWbc
>>
>>27724623
It's actually extremely easy. I spend 90% of my day (like right now) shitposting on 4chan or playing video games. The teenage girls are hilarious. Two girls ended up having a blood feud because one girl complimented the other and the chick took the compliment as a sarcastic insult. The look on their faces when I fired them both was great
>>
>>27724603
I did both degrees at once, in 3.5 years. I got a research position in my last year (my P.I. says they will credit me with authorship when the paper gets published) I didn't get a chance to work on highschool because I was on a visa at a British school.
>>
>>27724621
are you aware of what you're trying to say here?
>>
>>27724719
>are you aware of what you're trying to say here?
Yes. So go ahead and answer.
>>
>>27724711
Having less that one year of experience in 3.5 years of schooling is unacceptable. No wonder you're getting a cuck salary
>>
>>27721357
Ah yes, shitting on poor people. What a kind, Christian thing to do. Jesus would be totes proud.
>>
>>27724621
are you aware the only reason their quality of life is considered better is because they socialize the shit out of everything, and that in 20 years this will all come falling down on them?
>>
>>27724657
friend you insulted yourself by saying you talk to people who want to be poor all the time. that only says that you have to be poor or scraping the bottom at your "job." what have i said that implies anything about my lifestyle? that it's a popular opinion to raise wages? i've been employed for 10 years and nobody i have ever met didn't expect their salary to grow.
>>
>>27721475
>i just know about automation from the internet :)
>>
>>27724738
Yes. Nice try i guess. look it up.
>>
>>27724719

Are you?

It's pretty pathetic that you think comparing the US to third-world nations and ignoring the rest of the developed world to support your idea that "poor people have it great in the US" is somehow acceptable.
>>
>>27724758
Well at least I'll have a full year soon, because I'm getting the job today.
>>
>>27724770
>i've been employed for 10 years and nobody i have ever met didn't expect their salary to grow

Oh I'm sure you have. Doing what?

It's pretty obvious you're not even in your 20's yet.
>>
>>27724799
>pathetic to compare the US to the world except a handful of countries that emulated the US successfully
>let me ignore billions of people just because i'm smart

if i didn't say anything you would have probably made a retarded post about how the US is third world though, faggot.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/01/astonishing-numbers-americas-poor-still-live-better-than-most-of-the-rest-of-humanity/#2db02b9523c4
>>
File: 1446742741510.gif (425 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1446742741510.gif
425 KB, 512x512
>>27721375

Took me a good 5 minutes to figure out what everyone was laughing about. Oh, right, maternity, because normies have sex and have kids. Forgot all about that. xD

It's not even funny tho. It's just a typo. All that fuss for nothing.
>>
>>27724790
I fucking hate these faggots. Never actually worked a single day in their lifes or had anything to do with machines but muuhh automation.
>>
File: 1454980783842.jpg (48 KB, 458x390) Image search: [Google]
1454980783842.jpg
48 KB, 458x390
>>27724834

>Accuses an anon of racing to the bottom by consorting with morons
>hurries to compared America to nations that don't even have a fraction of its wealth

Bro, it's time to stop embarrassing yourself. I almost feel bad for you.
>>
>>27724828
fast food 16-19, tutor 20-22, quality manager and research in labs from there.

>i must troll anyone who says people expect better wages
>>
I'm staunchly pro-capitalism because it is the most moral and efficient method of organizing a society. But it's clear that the advancement of technology and the rapid growth of the world population is quickly making much of capitalism out-dated. "Entry-level" barely even exists anymore.
>>
>>27723888
It's still a typo you fucking brazillian
>>
>>27724886

>Moral and efficient

lol

Socialism is far more "moral" and as you've just proven, it's not very efficient anymore.
>>
>>27724866
how does this defend the notion that americans do a lot of work for no benefit and feel they deserve to be poor?

what is even your point? that despite the already great quality of life under the poverty line here, it should be way better? sure i guess, everyone should live better. people will complain regardless, that part doesn't change.
>>
>>27724972
>socialism is far more moral.
Straight up dumbass
>>
>>27724953
It literally is not a typo. The error was made when choosing the word, not typing the word.
>>
>>27725036
No, it's a typo. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>27725032

How isn't it more moral?

Granted, this entire conversation is retarded because morality is subjective and has no a priori criteria; I assume you mean capitalism is more "fair" which is frequently proven untrue given that luck and circumstance is a massive component of who gets rewarded the most richly
>>
>>27725000
Americans provide value to their employer. Everyone else is a leech.
>>
>>27725059
You don't know what typo means. Explain how choosing the word maturity over maternity is a typography error. You can't
>>
>>27725087
It's a typography error. There I just explained it to you. Now get off the computer, brazil.
>>
>>27725120
>I don't know what a typo is
>I don't know what an explanation is
Sad 2bh
>>
>>27725062
You know what man, that post was so retarded, that I'm not even gonna bother. Just kill yourself I guess.
>>
>>27721357
I'm allergic to mayo and sesame seeds and these have no option to make alterations to things I want to eat. They should also have a robot that checks my order is correct. To clarify not a wagecuck robot, just a machine
>>
>>27725136
Yes, you are quite a sad person. You don't understand what a typo I'd and can't explain it. Pass English class next semester.
>>
>>27725084
you would have been closer if you said immigrants add value to america, and everyone else is a leech.
>>
>>27724972

Socialism isn't more moral because it strips away an individual's freedom for the collective's benefit. That benefit is wholly determined by an elite class, rather than an equilibrium of competing, self-determined interests in a capitalist society.
>>
>>27724972
Capitalism is moral and efficient in that it kills off those who don't deserve to live. Wagecucks are scum with no skills or ambition to become skilled. The rules are clear and meant be be followed: make something of yourself with the time you are given or get fucked.
>>
>>27725171
>I was proven wrong so all I can do is shitpost
Sad 2bh
>>
>>27722517
Believe it or not blanket high pay has a lot of negatives that can outweigh the benefits. Higher minimum wages hurts small businesses profitability like you wouldn't believe and can drive them out. That creates less jobs over all and less options for the consumer. Giving more power to corporations to in turn raise the amount of $ required for a good standard of life and you're stuck right back where you were to begin with.

Money is not infinite. Giving yourself more money means that someone else somewhere gets less, there is no "everyone gets more" situation.
>>
>customer orders something with no bun
>customer orders a custom wrap
i wonder what the machine would do. a cooked pattie would just fly out of a slot at your face and you could catch it with your teeth i guess.
>>
>>27725197
Yes, that is what you're doing. I proved you wrong and you're butthurt about it. Now get off the computer, brazil.
>>
>>27725240
>I have an unhealthy infatuation with Brazil
sad 2bh
>>
>>27725203
oh my god are you reading shit from a text book?
how about wages just scale with profits? right now Walmart wages do not scale with profits, why?
>pretending to care about small business
i bet you have some moral lecture cooked up for this one too, huh?
>>
>>27725221

Machines are as versatile as you design them to be

People think
>durr a machine can't be as versatile they can only do assembly line

Because thus far it's mostly assembly lines that have been completely automated. You don't need to program a machine to have a bunch of different options when it's putting caps on toothpaste tubes.
>>
>>27725253
Still haven't proven that it isn't a typo. Wouldn't expect much of a redditor from Brazil tho
>>
>>27725253
>I have an unhealthy infatuation with Brazil and Reddit
Sad 2bh
>>
>>27725221
You'd probably just program it to skip a step or put different ingredients into the wrap.
Programmers are pretty clever, m8. They can make a machine do some pretty complex tasks.
>>
>>27725321
>can't even quote right
Thanks for proving my redditor point.
>>
How does it feel that the sex industry will be fully automated before mcdonalds?
>>
>>27725349
>I literally cannot live without mentioning reddit once a minute
Sad 2bh
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.