[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>meet girl >can't stand listening to her stupid meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: yamaguchi_000.jpg (11 KB, 236x160) Image search: [Google]
yamaguchi_000.jpg
11 KB, 236x160
>meet girl
>can't stand listening to her stupid meme ideologies
>start giving my side of ideology
>get called a Nazi and she leaves
>convince myself women are shit
>Get depressed 3 months later
>rinse and repeat

How do I go back to living in ignorance?
I can't seem to relate to anyone in the real world
>>
File: 1459697069581.png (6 KB, 377x330) Image search: [Google]
1459697069581.png
6 KB, 377x330
>"stupid meme ideologies"
>gets his ideology from /pol/ and youtube
>>
>>27646615
>implying implications

I actually have a great love of history so when dumb fucks start spouting about open fucking boarders it's not hard to refute their arguments
>>
>>27646656
>history = political philosophy
>>
>ever revealing your power level
>>
Just nod along. Occasionally poke fun at their beliefs and fuck them. Don't try to convert them to your way of thinking. What are you an evangelist? It doesn't matter what some roastie believes.
>>
>>27646913
Not that guy, but having a knowledge of history is essential to having political knowledge, and vice versa.

>>27646948
>implying being right wing doesn't make you more interesting in a world of soft lefties
>>
>>27646599
>implying you aren't ignorant already
Never overestimate your own intelligence senpai
>>
>>27647033
>Not that guy, but having a knowledge of history is essential to having political knowledge, and vice versa.
It is, but the relevance that history has to political philosophy is just political philosophy itself. It's stupid to believe memes like "hurr history repeats hurr".
>>
>>27647089
>hurr history repeats hurr

I don't know where you read that in the guy's post. Clearly, you can't understand the present political/societal situation without a good understanding of the past, which is what I guess the OP was referring to in the post you replied to more than anything. You are the person bringing political philosophy into this.
>>
>>27647146
How has what happened now happened before? It literally never has. The whole point of history is that it's the study of things that have already happened. Knowing that something happened says nothing about whether it was good or not or anything like that.
>>
>>27647168
The fuck are you even trying to say now? You literally can't understand the present if you're don't understand how we arrived there. At the very best, you'll have a very shallow understanding of the present. There are thousands of historical factors that influence our current cultural, political and social life; if you don't have any knowledge of history you are barely tapping at the surface of having any meaningful understanding of the present.
>>
>>27647234
hey hey hey that's not true because the study of the present, the study of politics and the study of the past are all different expertises and when it's about the present it's not history any more
you can understand the present completely without knowing anything that happened before yesterday because it's the present that's to be understood and not the past
>>
>>27647268
>you can understand the present completely without knowing anything that happened before yesterday

No. You can't. The present is as the present is because of the past. The present does not exist without the historical events that lead up to it. Without knowledge of the past you will have exactly zero understanding of the present.
>>
>>27647321
you could replace the past with anything you like and keep the present the same, you could still figure out what's going on right now
you might not be able to understand people's motivations the same, but a lot of motivations aren't even grounded in real events at all
it's a matter of philosophy and not history whether something that's happening currently is good or not, even whether something that happened in the past is good or not
pure history is just what can be proved to have happened using evidence that was left from back then
>>
>>27646599

Neo-r9k is full of Dumblr rejects and assblasted mulatto manlets so you're probably wasting your time here
>>
>>27646656
whats wrong about open borders you shitlord
>>
>>27647321
Dude, I think he's fucking with you, I genuinely can't believe someone so stupid could exist.

>>27647394
I knew people like you, you fucking Mongoloid. I dealt with airheads who only knew about the present and didn't know jack shit about history or other countries, in fact they couldn't even name a country that wasn't Russia, Japan, France, etc. The basic travel destinations. It's disheartening to see because you realize that these are the people that are in charge of the world, uneducated idiots who'd rather pretend to know anything than read a fucking history book. It's a damn shame honestly.
>>
>>27648777
i'm really interested in history, i just don't try to apply it to things that it doesn't apply to
>>
>>27648793
But history is one of those things that can be applied to everything, and it should to give you a better understanding of your position.
>>
>Meet grill
>Abortion comes up
>Get accused of being a fundamentalist Christian trying to force my religion on womens bodies.

I'm an atheist. Do they really believe that you have to believe in Jesus to be against murdering people in utero?
>>
>>27648817

Shaming/saying "you're a blah blah blah/undesirable group" is just a really easy way to win/finish an argument so girls go for it very fast
>>
>>27647420
It'll drive up competition and make it less likely for me, or people I care about, to get a job or reasonably priced housing.

It would also be a massive drain on government resources.
>>
Women are stupid. Just fuck them and don't bother trying to hold a conversation. They don't have anything to say of value.
>>
>>27646599
Go to bed Hal
>>
>>27647394
This is the most retarded thing I have ever read
>>
File: 1454750703408.png (124 KB, 1798x504) Image search: [Google]
1454750703408.png
124 KB, 1798x504
Why the fuck did I ever come here.
I want to go back to being blissfully ignorant and blindly happy about stupid shit.
>>
>>27648805
All he is saying is that political ideogies are essentially about what is good. I.e. they attempt to describe the true way that a civilization should be set up. Therefore historical facts have no bearing on what the correct political philosophy is. History could have turned out any possible way and it wouldn't change the truth. You could have no understanding of history nor of current politics, but that wouldn't mean that you're political philosophy is wrong. This is the difference between political "ideals" and political "reality."
>>
>>27648817
Exactly this. For some reason a potential person's right to live is dependent on how that particular women who happens to be pregnant feels.
>>
>>27646599
>accuses others of stupid meme ideologies
>gets 100% of your personal beliefs from the politics board of an anime website (no need to use comedic hyperbole here as it's already pathetic enough)
>>
>>27648841
If you are losing jobs to illegal immigrants, you suck at life
>>
>>27646599
Just stop being ugly and having a shitty personality.
>>
>>27651115
That's very classist.

You need people of all economic backgrounds to make an economy work. Someone has to put all that food in the super-market and build all those buildings.
>>
File: 1453550418356.png (299 KB, 591x405) Image search: [Google]
1453550418356.png
299 KB, 591x405
>>27646599
Dont reveal your powerlevel so early. I have transitioned from left-wing hurr durr refugees schwelcome faggot to a person who is actually aware of the situation and has an educated opinion. If you are full blown /pol/ you are an idiot and you have to search for girls at nazi rock concert but if you hold some nationalist/conservative views introduce them gently. At first avoid the topic, when you have charmed them carefully show them where they are wrong (i.e. its not good that they are coming in without beeing registered, i dont think our society is ready for this kin of development) and when you are sure your relationship is deep enough you reveal your powerlevel.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.