[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that there are surveillance cameras everywhere, devices like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Now that there are surveillance cameras everywhere, devices like cell phones tracking our movements, dna testing, and all kinds of other factors, will there never be another serial murderer story as interesting and intricate as Ted Bundy's?
>>
>>27643396

Less chance of Bundy-style audacious abductions of women directly from well lit college campuses, public parks, and parking lots, maybe. But serial murder has not gone away with the new surveillance tech. There are a number of suspected serial killers currently active in the US right now. Long Island serial killer is maybe the most well known one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer
>>
>>27643396
unsolved murder rate is like 40%. Tons of that shit still happens. New york has tons of security camera and the world's biggest police force and people get away with murder all the time.
>>
>>27643396
People are just lazy nowadays, and the hype over serial killers is pretty much over. >>27643649 is right though, I read somewhere that approximately 6,000 murders go unsolved in the United States every year.
>>
>>27643584
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_of_Tears_murders
>>
>go out at park late at night
>notice a jogger and pretend to be a jogger yourself
>jog up to her
>gut her
>jog back home

you guys make it seem like these things don't happen still
>>
>>27643798
Honestly thinking on it, the bike trail and jogger path by the ucla rowing club shit in my city has so many places to hide in wait then jump on people.
Yiu can hide a body under the bridge and literally no one would know because it already smells like piss there, plus it's dark...
Then the passage that goes under the highway has like 8/70 lights working and bunch of corners.
Walked through there before and some crack addict jumped out at me asking how my day was.
Fuck.
Glad I dont go outside much, I'm scaring myself now...
>>
Random killings are still almost impossible to solve
>>
>>27643396
The key to free murder is manipulating connections to you, government surveillance and tracking has became a tool to professional rippers, not a threat.

Essentially work backwards from the point of being caught before taking a victim. Driving 200 miles to pound and ground hookers is an obsolete fix we so often heard on TV.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.