[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>depression Can we just end this meme already? The medical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14
File: stacies phone battery dies.jpg (89 KB, 814x433) Image search: [Google]
stacies phone battery dies.jpg
89 KB, 814x433
>depression

Can we just end this meme already?
The medical condition known as "depression" just doesn't exist.

Of course you can feel depressed i.e sad if you are socially isolated or have a shit diet, but the idea that depression comes from some magic internal function is ridiculous

The whole "chemical imbalance" nonsense came from the monoamine theory formulated in the 1970s which holds very little ground.

If you are sad from being isolated, just say that you are lonely. If you are sad from a shit diet and exercise, just say that you are malaised. If you are sad from staying up all night, just say that you are fatigued.

People who say they are depressed are usually attention whores who want people to feel sorry for them for being struck down by this horrible illness beyond their control. But most of the time, is is in their control. Stop drinking 3 energy drinks a day and wondering why you feel "out of sorts".

I get that getting a social life might be hard, and that's fine. But stop chalking it up to depression.
Depression is just a thing that rich, privileged stacies use to feel like they are oppressed. You can't prove depression, and the only way to diagnose it is with a 5 question questionnaire. It's the perfect thing to pretend. Why do you think more women are diagnosed with depression? Because women are born attention whores.
>>
>>27638260
It has been written about for centuries and it has been proven scientifically to be genetic seriously fuck off
>>
File: 1459205465395.gif (88 KB, 450x534) Image search: [Google]
1459205465395.gif
88 KB, 450x534
>>27638260
>internal functions
>magic
>"I'm retarded..."
>"Everybody else must be too!"

Patterns of social behavior, magic, the development of the brain over years, magic. This reductionism isn't helping you understand what you're discussing.
>>
>>27638302

>muh genetics

How do you explain the recent boom in depression cases when it was almost unheard of 100 years ago?

Was there a sudden outbreak of chemical imbalances?
>>
>>27638260
Fuck you. I was in the same boat you are right now until I realized that the constant fucking dread and emptiness that I can physically feel in my chest is a real thing. I realized I had a fucking problem when I dropped to 110 lbs. I had a problem when my girlfriend broke up with me and told me that I had broken her trust because I didn't say I missed her on the phone months ago. I had a problem when I realized that I had to physically keep myself from drifting into the oncoming lane every time I drive home from work because even though I know that my car's crumple zones and airbags will most likely save my life, the chance that I might be able to end my life without others assuming suicide and being traumatized is so tantalizing that it physically draws my hands towards the left if I let my concentration lapse. I had a problem when I noticed that my cone of vision was narrower and narrower as time went on until I had permanent tunnel vision. I had a problem when I got so weak I sprained my wrist moving rugs around in my garage. I had a problem when other people could physically see how slow I walk, how downtrodden I look, how sickly and frail I feel. Fuck you man. If you were placed in this situation for even 5 minutes you would be screaming and begging to be put back into your normal, happy self. Fucking hypocrite.
>>
>>27638376
Most people couldn't get treatment for the vast majority of human history.
>>
>>27638376
>almost unheard of 100 years ago
Yeah, I'm sure the farmer from rural Wyoming in 1916 really has the same access to mental health care as his great grandchildren in Seattle in 2016.
>>
>>27638376
How do you explain the sudden downturn in the number of people with "unbalanced humors" from 400 years ago? Fucking idiot
>>
>>27638260
stacey reeee and all but honestly what shje's describing sounds like she had a fucking stroke (depression, rage issues, and other emotional problems are a common symptom of physical brain problems like repeated concussions or recent strokes)
>>
>>27638260
As somebody who has been depressed, you're wrong. I'm sure there is a lot of people who say they are depressed when they really are just sad, but clinical depression is real, and if you've ever had it you'd know not to take it lightly.
>>
>>27638260
>The whole "chemical imbalance" nonsense came from the monoamine theory formulated in the 1970s which holds very little ground.

What exactly doesn't hold ground about the current theories of chemical imbalance? What's false about monoamine theory? I feel like you're just throwing about terms you don't fully understand to create an illusion of knowledge.

Now what you sound like is a layman who drew a conclusion based off a half assed, unscientific reasoning process and proclaiming it to everyone else as fact out of what... Spite for normies and the status quo? You actually think depression isn't real? Depression is scientifically recognized. If it was false then there would be endless scientific literature discussing the falsehood. Instead there's endless scientific literature discussing depression as an existent phenomenon. If you think the scientific community has fallen into the hands of a grand tumblrina conspiracy then there probably isn't much that could be said to sway your views because they're so fucking dumb and delusional in the first place.
>>
>>27638407

So yes you are depressed. I feel depressed sometimes too, OP's point is not that depression doesn't exist, just that it's not a medical condition.
>>
>>27638412
>>27638435

I'm not denying people got sad, but where are the cases like OP pic where you were suddenly, inexplicably struck down to the point of being unable to function?

I'm sure sanitarium records show a 1 in a million incidence rate, but nowadays, its like 1 in 10. There is obviously an outside cause.

>>27638407

>recently left a really shitty relationship
>got sad

You are just proving my point. Depression always has an outside factor
>>
>>27638468

mood disorders are pretty in common in people her age so it's not unlikely that someone could develop major depressive disorder.

it's a stupid meme that you have to be a loser virgin to suffer from depression. smart people, dumb people, handsome people, ugly people, they can all suffer from a mental disease as easily.
>>
>>27638407
Thanks for typing this out so I didnt have to. Fuck OP. Hope you're feeling decent tonight senpai.
>>
>>27638572
>mood disorders cause changes that radical, requiring hospitalization

nah my money is on a stroke or some kind of degenerative condition or some other physical malady causing the depression
>>
>>27638260
>being an edgy cunt

Can we end this meme already?
>>
>>27638570
>but where are the cases like OP pic where you were suddenly, inexplicably struck down to the point of being unable to function?
No, they didnt have such a fast paced globalist world back then with stuff like conputers, smartphones social media etc. All of this can mess with your neurotransmitters and eventually burn them out so to say.

The girl in op's pic is just an attention whore though.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
We live inherently unnatural lives and eat unnatural foods. Most of us are sedentary and eat shit food sprayed with thousands of artificial chemicals whose interactions are unknown.

Actually we live more like animals in a zoo than real humans. A zoo animal's life is more "comfy" than an animal in the wild, but look at all the dysfunctional shit zoo animals do: stare blankly into space, scratch compulsively at the wall 18 hours a day, and so on.

Call it depression, call it something else...but our nervous systems evolved to handle very different situations. The miracle to me is that more people don't run amok or shut down in depression.

I can tell you this: I am much less of a wreck on my meds than off. I can function as a normal human being is expected to function. Maybe it's fucked-up that I need meds to do this in the first place, but it is what it is.
>>
is this going to become a normal thing now?
posting that shitty claire abbott photo and caption, using it as a basis to disregard depression in all totality? no she isn't depressed
learn what original content is and stop shitting up the already horrible state this board is in, newfags
>>
File: IqMWYec.jpg (255 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
IqMWYec.jpg
255 KB, 512x640
>>27638260
Suicidal engineer here. Bitch is a lying cunt. This shit never affected any of my math skills.
>>
>>27638260
B-but you don't know what you're talking about! Reddit sjw cuck
>>
>>27638570
>You are just proving my point. Depression always has an outside factor

Who the fuck told you that depression was some kind of magical fucking ailment that only appears on its own with no outside factors? It's a fucking cumulative depression of your god damned neurotransmitters. In statistics, the most basic fucking thing is a depression. A dip. A prolonged downward turn. No one becomes depressed magically through some process inside their brain that just triggers one day. It is the result of numerous failures, doubts and embarrassments. The only possible way anyone could be as naive as you is if they were a child. Please obey the rules of this website and stop posting if you are under the age of 18 because it really fucking shows you fucking horseblinded piece of shit
>>
>>27638570
>but nowadays, its like 1 in 10.
no it's not. you just see more of the cases that do happen because of the internet making it so easy to find shit that makes you mad
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 485x303
In 30 years robots (real mechanical robots, not r9k robots) and AI will do 99.99% of the real work. Flesh and blood humans will just lay around in hospital beds like the OP pic zonked out on meds and wearing VR goggles. We will all each have our own special snowlflake personal diagnosis and be fed pure genetically modified high-fructose corn syrup through and intravenous drip.
>>
>>27638889
>defending being a whiny faggot THIS hard

Neverever.jpg
>>
>>27638845
>engineer
>math
shouldn't you be sucking dick right now?
>>
>>27638999
I hope you're the victim of someone who uses you as their suicide vehicle you piece of shit fuck you
>>
I agree with you OP partially.

I don't think the big problem is faking depression; I think that the problem is people who might have it expect to be pandered to because of our society which accepts this behaviour instead of doing the hard part to change.

Depressed people are shitty to be around and their behaviour is negative.

If you tolerate being around this bad behaviour- why should they're the better?
>>
>>27638889

I agree.

Depression is caused by outside factors and a shitty mindset. And it can easily be cured by fixing those things.
That's my whole point.

But people are so attached to their "depression" that they don't even want to fix it.

I mean, there are people on this board who are so socially isolated, its very difficult to fix the outside causes. They are the real victims.

Not those popular, stacies with friends and boyfriends and family all doting on them. The only way they could have depression is if they think their way into depression.

And its funny how the people on this board who are in really bad places with their isolation are calm and level headed in their responses. While you, who lives on his own and had an actual girlfriend in the past, who is obviously doing way better than most people on this board, is putting on this "angry angsty teen" persona and bitching about "muh depression" with irrational passion. It's embarrassing. Stop it.
>>
>>27638260
that is one high test teenage white girl
dealing with high school girls when you're a scrawny manlet is equal parts shame, fear, and arousal
>>
>>27638570
>I'm sure sanitarium records show a 1 in a million incidence rate, but nowadays, its like 1 in 10.
That's the point. People in the past usually didn't end up in asylums unless they literally could not be handled by their family. Some guy or girl with depression is probably just going to be forced to live their lives if they're born in the 1880s or something like that. Yeah it'll suck, but there wasn't any treatment, other than something like talking to a priest. Today, the focus is more on helping people, not just providing a place to dump your insane family members.
>>
>>27638545
Pretty much the only thing correct ITT

OP and others might have cured their "depression" by changing their shitty lifestyles but that doesn't prove that there is no biological component to major depressive disorder, which is a claim rejected by virtually every reputable neuroscientist on the planet. It's not some wacky 1970s theory that holds zero ground in mainstream science, and if you actually bother to read or study anything about what you were talking about you would already know this.

All that the tough-love preaching "recoveries" ITT proves is that your "depression" was not a serious mood disorder, just a brief experience with sadness. You probably wanted attention and self-pity for a couple of weeks so you diagnosed yourself as being "depressed," and now you are projecting your behavior onto others.

That's not the same thing as a mental disorder that drives somebody to self-harm and suicide. That's not the same thing as genetic mood disorder linked to observable differences in brain structure and behavior and abnormal circadian rhythms.
>>
>>27639016
Fuck off. At least I'm doing a real man's job.
>>
>>27638407
Faggot. Do your duty and man up.
>>
>>27638260
"Depression" as a term needs to be killed, because it's such a joke with a vague lack of meaning that nobody can take it seriously.

I do think mental conditions are real, but unfortunately knowledge in the field remains very limited.
>>
>>27638376
You stupid nigger, 100 years ago they wouldn't treat it as depression. They treated it as insanity and L I T E R A L L Y prescribed alcohol and fun, or for women, mental institutionalization or "bedrest".

>Source: My family has lineage to depression for the past (I know how sad this sounds) 150 years. Somewhere along the line on my dad's side the men started shooting themselves and developing alcoholism. On my mother's side, the women were " bedridden" until the 80s when my grandmother was prescribed variations medications she's been doping on since then.

Only recently we are "diagnosing" it as depression and anxiety.
>>
File: 1455212521989.png (571 KB, 1120x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455212521989.png
571 KB, 1120x1080
>>27639397
Got any good manlet stories of girls overpowering you?

My dick is waiting.

>tfw want to be a tiny little skinny manlet who pretends he's a highschooler, and gets bullied by the much taller and stronger high school grills.

>tfw this will never happen because your 6'2" and your dad made you play football i high school
>>
OP isn't saying something completely retarded. Depression was presented as having far more neurological backing than it actually has, and no reputable psychiatrist will tell you it's the result of serotonin deficiency anymore. Antidepressants work a little bit better than placebos, but only slightly, and depressive patients generally respond very well to any treatment- whether it's sitting on a couch discussing their childhood or hearing new age bullshit from a spirit guide. Amish people have very, very little depression, while among most other people it's a massive epidemic, with as many as 25% of women on antidepressants.
>>
>>27638545

I should have mentioned, the "chemical imbalance" theory only became accepted as fact because of influence from the pharmaceutical industry.

Is it really that hard to believe that an industry would work to increase its profits?

If mental illnesses are caused by these imbalances, then the only way to cure them is with their products.

Of course they would latch onto that theory, and use the influence they have to spread it around
>>
>>27638545
>If you think the scientific community has fallen into the hands of a grand tumblrina conspiracy then there probably isn't much that could be said to sway your views because they're so fucking dumb and delusional in the first place.

Not saying guy is right or wrong. But liberals clearly distort science to fit their view points. Take a look at any modern university.
>>
those titties don't look depressed
>>
>>27639596

I'm just observing the facts and drawing my own conclusions.

Of course I'd be suspicious when some model tier bombshell with hundreds of friends and boyfriends goes around claiming that she is actually worse of than me, a reclusive loner, because of some vague, unobservable "chemical imbalance"
>>
>>27639597
>being a bitch is a real man's job.

Gee whiz I thought you math nerds were supposed to be good at formal logic.
>>
My gran kept trying to kill herself etc and then they gave her lithium and then she stopped trying to kill herself, also she made no snigificant changes to her lifestyle. If you are going to try troll at least make a convincing argument lol.

Also be less obvious next time, posting depression isn't real on a board where probably half of the people have it isn't subtle.
>>
File: 1451591181569.jpg (66 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1451591181569.jpg
66 KB, 540x360
>>27638260
>mental illness doesn't exist
>genetic predisposition to mental illness doesn't exist
>people entirely sabotage their own successful lives because "LOL it's fun!!!"

I'm sorry, I couldn't even take this position seriously even if you were sitting in an office with an MD behind you.
>>
>>27638260
The meme does need to end but it's because depression does actually exist. It's like you say, people who say they are depressed are usually attention whores or they're just sad for an unusual amount of time. The word probably needs to be changed or have it's definition disambiguated so that it's crystal clear it's not 'sad'. Hopefully in the future the meme will be dead and it'll be treated as it should be plus not used as a way to get muh tumble reblees.
>>
Is this the official scientology thread?

Psychiatry is fake guys, its all about thetans.
>>
>>27639782
thats just your anti-intellectualism talking.
>>
>>27639843
>posting depression isn't real on a board where probably half of the people have it isn't subtle.

I don't doubt that the vast majority of people on this board suffer from prolonged sadness, but my point is, the sadness they suffer has and OBSERVABLE OUTSIDE CAUSE. That' the kernel of my argument.

The people here are depressed because they can't get a girlfriend, they can't get a job, and their lives are a mess.

Meanwhile, the normies are claiming that they are depressed because they just have "depression"

And I think its really convenient that despite their lives being leagues better than ours, they can still claim they are suffering worse than us because of "muh imbalance".

Doesn't anyone else find that obnoxious?
>>
>>27639829
>I'm just observing the facts and drawing my own conclusions.
You're literally ignoring facts.

There are many facts about depression which have been determined by people far smarter and more reputable than you. You choose to ignore them because you'd rather whine about some rich girl you've never met and get some attention on 4chan.

You're ignoring abnormalities in brain structure of severely depressed people, you're ignoring the effect of neuromodulators on brain function, you're ignoring alterations in neuroplasticity that depressed people experience, and you're ignoring replicated studies which demonstrate a genetic component to depression.

There is absolutely nothing scientifically supported about the claims you are making. You are quite literally denying science, basically no better than a moron who believes dinosaurs walked the earth with humans.

I agree that many perfectly fine people claim depression in order to seek out attention or excuse behavior. That doesn't prove that depression doesn't exist; it simply proves that many people abuse the fact that depression is difficult to observe on a superficial level since the disorder is experienced internally.
>>
>>27640075

You still can't convince me that depression is anything less than a meme

Do you know how they diagnose depression? They don't observe your transmitters, they don't scan your brain, they don't do any detailed observation of your circumstances. This is how its diagnosed:

They give you a questionnaire with questions like "Did you feel anxious in the past 6 months: strongly disagree; disagree; neutral; agree; strongly agree", "Did you feel unsure of yourself in the last 6 months: strongly disagree; disagree; neutral; agree; strongly agree"

And there must be, at most, 10 questions on the whole sheet.

That's how nebulous the definition of "depression" is. That's how vague and pointless it is.

"Oh, you scored 85. You get to go on Prozac!"
>>
File: 1454191602833.jpg (208 KB, 1196x1198) Image search: [Google]
1454191602833.jpg
208 KB, 1196x1198
>>27639687
well idk if this is what you're looking for but I was involved with this girl who really liked me and worshipped my dick

I was 3 inches and 30 lbs smaller than her, she had never been with a boy smaller than her but she got really into it quickly

but one time we were in the shower and I wanted to fuck her from behind, standing up. I tried to make my dick reach (but I can't fuck on my tiptoes) and she almost pulled my dick off trying to get it in her.

she turned around and she actually seemed genuinely angry and disappointed with me and she said

"you're too short. just eat me out."

so I got on my knees and ate her out from behind while she pressed my head against the wall with her butt

I've got more, this girl was hot and dominant as fuck pic related my nigga
>>
>>27640055
Are you fucking retarded? Its not anti intellectual to be able to see clear as day leftist biases throughout the current western scientific world.
>>
A relatively brief primer for laypeople on the biological basis of depression:

http://psycheducation.org/depression-is-not-a-moral-weakness/
>>
Depression is bullshit. Same with bipolar, PTSD, transgender, euphoria, all this modern garbage. It's just a combination of boredom, jealousy, and attention whoring.

There's a reason why none of these "diseases" existed 500 years ago.
>>
>>27640356
God damn thats hot as fuck. Yes pls moar.

Also holy fuck thats a nice hour glass. How tall are you and how tall is she?
>>
>>27640435
I was hesitant to read this, but the rainbow colour on "PSYCH" made me feel more welcome and safe.

It's a nice touch.
>>
>>27640496
Wew, it's cool to deny PTSD now?
>>
I feel pretty much the same OP but with a difference, I am under the belief that there are two forms, situation as you have described, and the other coming about due to some sort of malfunction within the body.

Not the "chemical imbalance" theory, but the endless lists of reasons, e.g thyroid issues, mineral deficiencies, underlying sleep disorders, vitamin deficiencies, over-use of anti-biotics effecting gut flora, general absorption, etc etc. All of which can cause symptoms of depression, and as a result will create a difference within brain chemistry, but I do not believe it magically comes out of the air as psychiatrist want you to believe.

You can go to a doctor and come out within 15 minutes with anti-depressants, absolute quackery that they treat symptoms through face value with powerful mind-altering chemicals. If you displayed symptoms of cancer, would you go ahead with chemotherapy or would you want further investigation?

The most common form of anti-depressants are SSRI's, which simply re-uses existing serotonin, the theory being there is a lack of in use causing the depression in the first place, yet there is a case of a man who has a very rare genetic condition that stops him from being able to produce any at all, yet does not suffer from depression.

These fuckers who dish out these pills like candy to you have barely any clue as to what they are really doing to you, their method is to just throw everything they have at you and hope something sticks.
>>
>>27640324
>That doesn't prove that depression doesn't exist; it simply proves that many people abuse the fact that depression is difficult to observe on a superficial level since the disorder is experienced internally.

I posted this my my last post and for some reason you either did not read it or did not understand it. In the future, please make sure you read and understand people's posts before replying.

Again, a vague questionnaire does not prove depression doesn't exist; it simply proves difficulty in accurately identifying depression.

At this point I no longer care about convincing you because you genuinely lack the mental capability to be convinced. You have been presented with evidence, reason, and scientific authority, but time and time again you choose to ignore this information, preferring to fall back on your own misinformed and laughably moronic opinions which are rejected by anybody who has seriously studied the subject.

I truly believe you are an unintelligent person. Your intellectual capacity is lower than most people's. You are an inferior human being. You are not a valuable source of conversation or information and I'm sorry I wasted my time with you discussing issues that were intellectually beyond you.

Good night
>>
>>27638260
Amen anon. Amen.
>>
>>27640497
eh I actually cbf to post another story but her instagram is @thethiqvegan if you wanna look at her pictures

I had to leave town for a while, she got with some tall guy then cucked him with me when I got back, but stayed with him and blocked me on everything

thinking of showing up to her work with a friend to see her reaction (she works at a donut shop)
>>
>>27638260
yea i always think i'm faking it
so i'm just gonna keep it to myself
it isn't attention-whoring if nobody knows how i feel

killing myself is still ok tho rite?
>>
These anons will never admit that depression is a meme. Doing so would be accepting accountability for the shame that is their lives. Will never happen. You'll have to pry muh depression from their cold dead hands. It's their story and they'll stick to it.
>>
>>27640697
Is this you?

oregano original
>>
File: (you).jpg (30 KB, 353x424) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
30 KB, 353x424
>>27638260

Depressed people have shrunken hippocampus portions of the brain, lower levels of dopamine and serotonin

This is a fact. How the fuck can you deny it exists when there are literal symptoms right there?
>>
>>27640842
no that's her gay roommate
I can't grow facial hair and I'm skinnier than that guy (his names Jake)
she was literally in love with me but was such a normie that she chose the guy with an active social media profile who she could be facebook official with
also I didn't want to be her boyfriend

here's my face lel
>>
>>27640496
I'm sure bipolar and PTSD did exist back then but nobody called it that.
>>
>>27640809

See, I'm more sympathetic to the anons on this board because their sadness is caused by things hard to control. Social isolation and that.

I think the people here holding onto depression are the people with girlfriends and friends who, even though their lives are going well, still want to feel like they are oppressed somehow
>>
>>27640877
You don't think we've heard all before? There's a thousand different theories/studies/experiments going in a thousand different directions.

It's fucking moronic tbqh. Several different business interests converging to profit on something we'll most likely never understand.

At the end of the day if someone thinks their is something wrong with them, and there is money to be made, someone will 'prove' there is something wrong.
>>
Don't know if there's a better thread up but

Who here actually got better after they were prescribed and began taking meds? Depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, psychosis, any mental condition. What were the worst side effects?
>>
>>27640931
Oldfag here. I knew plenty of'depressed' people in my teens and early twenties.

Almost always it went away with age. 3/4 of the people on this board suffer from nothing stronger than adolescent angst.
>>
>>27640895
Your pretty good looking m8. Sorry about your girl. I hope you find someone good to you eventually.

If it makes you feel any better I'll be masturbating to the idea of her dominating and abusing your tiny body tonite.
>>
>>27640877

That just proves that the brain can physically change in response to prolonged abuse.
Maybe if these normies didn't eat and drink like crap, their brains would be fine, and they can shut up about their depression.

>>27640620

Well, you sir, are a buffoon, and hardheaded knave. I wish not to trudge though the intellectual quagmire that is, what you laughingly call, your "discourse". I am gathering up my effects and bidding you good day. Good day to you, sir. What what.
>>
>>27640895
>She was in love with me but chose another guy.

r9k!
>>
>>27641058
I wouldn't have chosen me either, I'd be a bad boyfriend to her

but she did cuck that nigga, that's a point for me for sure
>>
>>27641094
You don't get it. People don't choose others over the one they are in love with.

You are almost certainly delusional.
>>
>>27638514
How can you tell if someone is really depressed? Is it always wrong to question someone's self-claimed depression?

Only retards like OP deny that depression is a real medical condition. But surely, there are some people, like you say, who are "faking it". So where do you draw the line? Is it okay to be skeptical of claire abbott, one of the most gorgeous women on earth with 6,000+ IG followers who posts pics of herself being "depressed"?
>>
>>27641136
>>27640895
You still look like a teenager. You should go on tinder and get the hot high school sluts while you still can.
>>
>>27641209
It's not a medical condition. It's the result of a negative behavior pattern.

You are not physically ill. Stop using 'depression' as a social identity or persona. It won't end well. You sound like someone about to be indoctrinated to a cult.
>>
>>27641136
I wasn't a real choice. she just chose to only cuck her boyfriend for one night (and the morning) so that he'd stay with her (she told him about it)

girls love a dark triad bad boy but when she finally understands she's not the one to make him commit she looks for a safe beta boyfriend

I'm impressed that she's already at the settling down stage at the age of 20, she has fucked over 20 guys though
>>
>>27641321
Nope. Sorry. That girl isn't in love with you. That is not how someone in love behaves.
>>
File: b8.gif (81 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
b8.gif
81 KB, 200x200
>>27638260

gra8te baity matey
>>
>>27641364
oh well, if you insist. I can't tell if you're a roastie who just got pumped and dumped or a nice guy who would challenge me to a duel over m'lady, though.
>>
>>27641390
Disallowing the question to even be posed. More cult like behavior.
>>
>>27641264
I'm 19, but I hate tinder
it depresses me, most importantly, but the girls on it are shitty all around, even if they look alright (and you don't get to talk to those girls)
>>
>>27641402
Neither. I just know how a woman in love behaves, and that aint it.
>>
>>27641321
Replied to wrong guy the first time.

You still look like a teenager. You should go on tinder and get the hot high school sluts while you still can.

Also no one settles down at the age of 20, and I doubt she's still in love with you. Its best to move on and forget about it with what I reccomended the high school sluts.

I mean your fairly attractive. Maybe not chad tier, but a teenage girl would definetly find you pretty attractive even if your a manlet. Just lie about your age a little.
>>
>>27638407
Yeah, if you drop 110 lbs. and are unhealthy and have a shit diet (which OP mentioned) you are going to be physically weak and downtrodden feel "depressed". You want to get back to your normal self? Stop being a fucking pussy and start eating right, lifting/running, stop smoking weed/drinking alcohol and sleep 8-9 hrs. Boom, there's your fucking cure you pansy and it's called living like a normal helathy human being.
>>
>>27641455
good double digits my man, I checked
>>27641506
you're both probably right, "love" is too strong a word for what she was/is feeling for me, but take my word that I'm her favorite so far (22 dudes), I am just kinda transient and not willing to be her boyfriend

she found a guy who is, and she seems pretty comfortable with him by now so my chances of having a positive interaction with her today would be low since she knows me well
>>
>>27641633
Just to set the record straight, how tall was she?
>>
>>27641608
Not them but I've been doing this. I feel a bit better but it isn't by much and I still think about suicide every day. Any other ideas?
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.