[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uni Feels Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 40
File: Majors.jpg (170 KB, 550x400) Image search: [Google]
Majors.jpg
170 KB, 550x400
Uni Feels Thread /r9k/, if you've got anything going on that you'd like to share, here's the place to do it.

Here's mine.

>Be me, 20
>Pathetic autistic shut in retard, decide to try to turn things around in life for the better and give college a try.
>Start my first year in September of 2015, start off pretty strong.
>End up failing one class though, but get A's in the rest.
>Already becoming burnt out by the spring semester, depression and anxiety are the worst they ever have been.
>Currently failing two classes, two other's I'm averaging a C and one I have a B in.
>Parents talked to me and wanted to know what the hell is going on.
>Decided I'm going to finish this semester, register for the next just to be safe and then drop out and move in with some relatives out of state, and try to live that NEET life for as long as I possibly can.
>Then it's death for me after that.

Anyone else got any stories/feels?
>>
>>27604816
Mfw my degree doesn't even make the list

Rate my degree and the one I want to change into, robots

Music
Media
>>
>tfw reading physical natsci at cambridge
form an orderly queue behind me in the job market lads
>>
>>27604912
I consider both to be low tier, they're o k but not great
>>
>>27604816
Why is EE worst tier?

Before you ask I'm not EE , SWE master race here
>>
>>27605201
Fuckloads of work, and also EE jobs are more oftrn than not exported out of US.
>>
>22
>Foreign Languages Student at Top 5 UK University
>Going to graduate this year with a 2:2 because depression and never working or attending anything
>No internships or work experience except for some administrative work
>Probably going to end it all soon
>>
>>27606196
>and also EE jobs are more oftrn than not exported out of US.
This is not true. EE jobs are done inside the US/EU (i.e. the design of products), only the manufacturing is out-sourced.

It seems to me like this chart has been made by someone really butthurt about engineering in general, and EE in particular.
That or it's bait.
>>
File: 1442308453426.png (316 KB, 599x454) Image search: [Google]
1442308453426.png
316 KB, 599x454
/Archaelogy/

beta engineers need not apply
>>
>>27604816
>only god tier is medicine
>only worst tier is EE
>all other engineering in low tier

The guy who made this poc is the same one who kept spamming that pic of mel gibson and posting the pasta about how medicine is hard but engineering is ezpz

Shameful, family
>>
>>27606297
This what was made those the guy who posts he does electrical engineering meme threads
>still waiting for the day doctors get automated out of jobs
>>
Fact: If you're in a university, you are absolutely not a robot. You're a normie. Period.
>>
>>27606252
>foreign language studies

So you're learning Arabic to help assimilate to the Muslim culture? Good for you, anon! Rasheem would be proud!

You've just got to convince your women to wear burka and you're golden.
>>
>>27604912
>Going to uni for music

I mean sure maybe if you want experience performing or doing technical tasks and learn how to set shit up, but damn anon really?

I went to college for music and honestly it was a waste of time
>>
>>27606753

Nah Arabic would be pretty useful desu

I'm doing German (Although Arabic would be more useful there right about now)
>>
I started an education i liked this fall after dropping out of one that i didn't like. I liked the school and the subjects but still it was impossible to put any effort into studying and i failed 3 out of 4 exams.
Should i try again after wageslaving for a while or just be a low level wageslave for the rest of my life?
>>
>>27606885
try again. You'd thank yourself 4 years later.
>>
>>27606914
Not if i just do the same shit again.
>>
File: 1437506938510.jpg (262 KB, 857x721) Image search: [Google]
1437506938510.jpg
262 KB, 857x721
>>27604816
disgusting. here's a better chart
>>
>>27606969
then motivate yourself to do some studying. If i read your post it seems you are not that old (i.e. under 22). When you grow up you start getting into the groove of learning automatically, at least i did. I used to be horrible at studying, but nowadays i just sit down half an hour everyday. If you keep up that half hour nothing stacks up and everything remains manageable.

Also, what were you studying?
>>
File: received_10205234708899012.png (24 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
received_10205234708899012.png
24 KB, 320x180
>Be ME grad in upper middle of class
>Graduate and forget how to live life
>2 years go by without work living in basement doing nothing
>Decide to apply for jobs and get shit together
>get offer for amazing highpaying job out of state
>turn down offer because afraid to leave home

Wat do?
>>
File: 1442345974427.png (28 KB, 917x548) Image search: [Google]
1442345974427.png
28 KB, 917x548
Bait thread/10

I am saging this thread in a very original manner. I recommend everyone else do the same.
>>
>>27606986
you just seem to be butt hurt.
Really right now medicine is at least great to god tier.
Also military should be suicide tier (you are literally walking into a desert and getting shot at, how is that not suicide tier)
Rest is pretty OK.
>>
>>27607035
I'm 24, turning 25 this year.
I was studying business/economics.
The plan was to sit and read a bit every day or almost every day and then i didn't. Then i failed the first exam and planned to study better in the next course and then i didn't. Then in the third course i was studying with 2 other guys and i learnt a lot from some assignments we worked together with and answered the exam almost perfectly. The first two courses has been less interesting than the third and then the fourth course was also interesting but in that one i didn't study again.
>>
>>27607092
>accept offer and leave home
obvious. Just man the fuck up and move out. It is less of a big deal than you might think.

>>27607101
What if i tick all 5 boxes?
>>
>>27607201
>The plan was to sit and read a bit every day or almost every day and then i didn't. Then i failed the first exam and planned to study better in the next course and then i didn't.
The curse of procrastination, i know it all too well myself. I used to have it year 1 and 2 of uni, but for some reason one quarter i just started going to every single class and doing the homework when i could.
It may be a meme but, JUST DO IT, is really how it works. When having a list of stuff to do on a day, do the boring shit first.
You probably know it yourself as well, but when you sit down and actually start doing it it isnt that bad.
>>
>>27607101
>>27607209
same, the first four are all what i'm taking, and my parents never pressured me into anything
feels pretty good, will feel better after i graduate
>>
elder God tier: not going to college
>>
>>27607175
im levelling the playing field here
>>
>>27604816
>Gender studies
>Not at the bottom of the list
>>
>>27607310
I did go to almost all lectures but when it came to just sitting and studying i just didn't.
Maybe it's impossible for me to ever try that, i would have to change very much in order to be able to study. JUST DO IT just doesn't work for me.
Maybe i can just do it when i am used to full time wageslaving.
>>
>>27607547
>i would have to change very much in order to be able to study.
i thought the same, but i just did it one day and it became kind of a habit so to speak.
You never know if it'll work for you as long as you dont try it.
>>
>>27607697
I did try it and it didn't work. I started just sitting and studying when i started and then it just became less, a bit like when i tried lifting.
>>
>>27606986
Shit tier here
>>
>>27607800
well you asked for advice, and i gave you some.
Its your own life, now take charge of it.
>>
Going to become a nuclear engineer if I don't burn out before junior year. Also learning french because that's probably the only way I'll get a job if I graduate. If I fail to do either I'll probably suck dicks for a living.
>>
>>27608169
why do you need to know french for it
>>
>>27607101
Checked the first 3
Political science sounded easier, but law is superior in every way.

As for 5th.
Well, they were happy about my decision, so i guess it counts.
>>
File: 1383005202926.png (132 KB, 447x495) Image search: [Google]
1383005202926.png
132 KB, 447x495
>Be Finnish
>Have a massive interest in international politics
>Always know it's be what I want to study

Now, here's the problem. In Finland, uni is free. Government can only afford to let a handful of people in each year; usually there are at least 15 applicants for a single place and only 5-10% of applicants are accepted. Most people have to take 1-4 gap years before they get in.

The most ridiculous part are the entrance exams; we're given a book or books, usually totalling somewhere between 400 and 700 pages and given around three months to memorize it. The entrance exam then asks questions about totally random paragraphs and we have to paraphrase the book. That's it. It has nothing to do with motivation, it's simply a giant lottery. Anyways,

>apply to study politics into the University of Helsinki
>they accept 16 people a year, 1000 applicants
>don't get in
>discover that scotland has free uni, apply to attend uni there, get accepted and move there
>in the beginning it's fine but then the homesickness gets worse, by spring completely stop studying uni things and just read the entrance exam books hoping that I could still get into uni in Finland
>spend 14 hours a day reading for two months
>results come in. 16 people are accepted, i was number 17. for the past 12 years number 17 has always gotten in since someone always cancels their place, not this year
>another year in scotland passes and the term ends
>now it's time to try again for the third time, going to library tomorrow

God, it's going to be hell. Please, just let me get in, that's all I'm asking for.
>>
>>27608227
Because nuclear energy is fucked in America since the public is retarded, but it is huge in France, it makes up like 75% of the energy production there.
>>
>>27604976
>he goes to uni for a good spot in the job market
That's pretty fucking sad, anon, you should go to learn.
>>
>>27608504
good job doing your research on the job market, it's too bad the public perception of nuclear in america is so fucked up
>>
i registered for nuclear engineering because i really like metal gear. did i fuck up?
>>
Well I want to become an electrical engineer and I'm almost finished with high school, but because of my vast knowledge of many things i've just lost interest in school. I don't have the best grades in the school anymore and I really don't feel the same about the engineering path anymore.
>>
>>27608409
Jesus i didnt know that finnish unis were this strict/shit
>>
>>27608656
Not at all, nuclear is the future, and once the idiots wake up and realize it is they will turn all the unemployed nuclear engineers into kings.
>>
>>27608559
Probably yes. But at least you made a choice based of of something. A lot of people nowadays just pick something because it is easy or because they have to pick something. (talking about you BA)
>>27608704
>but because of my vast knowledge of many things i've just lost interest in school.
You dont know jack shit about electronics and mathematics. Trust me. There is plenty more to be discovered.
>>
File: 1457964538303.png (22 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
1457964538303.png
22 KB, 257x250
>>27604816
>Mathematics
>Good
>>
>>27604816
>genetics
>physics
>chemistry
>vet
>biochem

>all in great tier

>NUTRITION

had a good kek
>>
>>27608769
I know much more than many of the people my age, but I don't know everything. What I meant by "Vast Knowledge" is that I do research when i'm curious about something and learn from it.
>>
>Have undegrad degree in Medicine and currently working
>Doing Masters in Engineering and am due to most likely fail exams in a month and a half's time

WhyamIdoingthisIbettergetthejobiwantintwoyearstime tier.
>>
File: lemon.jpg (237 KB, 500x511) Image search: [Google]
lemon.jpg
237 KB, 500x511
Did anyone here go for pharmacy? From what I found, pharmacy was a hot study like a decade or so ago, because there was a shortage of pharmacists so they had high salaries. But now everything is slowing down and pharmacists are having trouble finding jobs. I was interested in the field because of the high salary and it didn't seem really difficult. But people on forums say their retail pharmacy job (the ones that make bank) were hell. But it seemed to me like a regular cashier job except you make a ton more. So I was thinking of getting a gov pharmacy job instead, apparently they don't make as much as retail pharmacists but they get good benefits and are less stressed. Another option would be military service, I would just give drugs to soldiers on bases. I wouldn't want to do that for long though.

Any pharmacist/pharmacy majors that can weigh in?
>>
>>27608938
In the netherlands it is notacceptedinto/failed medicine tier. Medicine has a selection on the amount of people they take in, pharmacy has practically the same undergraduate course but does not have a selection. Therefore a lot of people that are not accepted in medicine try pharmacy and try to get into the medicine program later with the ability to skip some years.
>>
File: image.jpg (149 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149 KB, 960x960
ANYWAYS, now that we got this degree garbage over with, who here /burntout/? I've done very well this entire year, but finals week(s) is here and I literally do nothing all day. Last night I stayed up till 6 am, so today is shot too. I keep muttering "fml" to myself too, it's like some sort of tic
>>
>>27608812
Whats so bad about Mathematics?
>>
>MatLab exam tomorrow
>Linear Algebra exam on tuesday
>another Linear Algebra on wednessday
>Discrete Mathematics on thursday

I'm going to fucking die.
>>
I have to get up in less than 8 hours
>>
>>27609280
The entirety of STEM in general is a joke.
>>
>>27609434
Thanks, mr. Philosophy major, that comment sure made everybody change their mind.
>>
>>27609469
Slap yourself.
>>
>be 21, doing final year of CS degree
>finished previous year with 2:1 (equivalent to 3.4 GPA, I think)
>know I can do better
>start year with high hopes
>suicidal depression returns
>no motivation, barely get out of bed most days
>two months to go and I haven't started my dissertation
WELP
>>
>yesterday night
>convince myself that Chad is right and I just need to put myself out there more
>girl invites friend to her party because she wants to bang him, says it's OK for him to bring friends, he brings me
>he knows a couple people, I don't know anyone
>he goes off to bang the girl, I go off and drink in the corner, talk to some guy doing the same thing
>ask myself "what would Chad do?"
>resolve to leave the corner and go talk to some girls
>find group of three girls, go up confident and start talking
>have no idea what to talk about, can immediately tell they don't wanna talk to me
>drop massive spaghetti
>seriously, start tossing out some word salad out of nervousness
>find a way to exit the conversation
>start drinking again
I did end up dancing with a qt for a bit so that was kinda fun.

Also doing worse than I thought in my classes. This was supposed to be the semester everything started going right guys
>>
>be 18, enrolled for it/comp-sci-hybrid-shit
>1st year, was okay-ish
>2nd year, 3 retake
>3rd year, 1st semester 2 retake
Took me awhile to realize that I wasnt really made for this shit but im in too deep and cant pull out anymore.
Tfw, once i grad i have to get a job and work like a drone for day to day
Tfw, being 21 and supposed to enjoy my life, im standing still waiting something good to happen when I can actively go seek it myself.
>>
File: shuttle-piggyback.jpg (77 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
shuttle-piggyback.jpg
77 KB, 1200x675
Who /aerospace engineering/ here?
>>
File: 1435499822541.png (20 KB, 111x143) Image search: [Google]
1435499822541.png
20 KB, 111x143
>>27609538
Stop whining and start now idiot.
>>
>>27610219
Gonna try to retake the year. I won't get a decent grade otherwise, I'm behind on everything else and you can only get a D- on retakes. But if I can retake the whole year I will be able to get the grade I'm capable of.
>>
>>27606986
whats so good about geology?
>>
>>27609650

It's all practice man. Do it until that doesn't happen anymore
>>
>>27606986
Where's linguistics at?
>>
>>27606986
>soft math and sciences
>above low tier
STEM is now TE you fags. Get a nice engineering major and a math/science minor if you ever want to do anything in the fields.
>>
>>27610178
Combination mechanical and aerospace if that counts. Enjoying being a contributing member of the masterrace.
>>
I want to be a teacher.
High school, elementary, college, seriously I don't care.
But I need to know what I want to teacher and my counselor suggested going into that field.

But I don't know. Years of just playing video games, browsing mongolian mouth breathing forums and sucking at math have left me without any real passions or hobbies or skills.

What do I do? I'd really love to teach history but history majors are no jobs.
>>
>>27604816
>Currently failing two classes, two other's I'm averaging a C and one I have a B in.

that was me last semester except I was failing three
I took 5 classes

I suck studying
>>
>>27607101
>le do what you love meme

Fuck off normie
>>
>>27610779
you can get a job as a history major you just have to not be a dipshit which you probably are
>>
>>27611396
how do you mean?
ORIGINALLL
>>
>>27611497
picking up skills besides your degree that set you apart from other job applicants

being able to sell yourself to an employer based on the skills you developed while doing your degree, not that you know everything there is to know about the french revolution

knowing the type of job you specifically want and doing things to get you into that job

talk to someone about it in your school's history department that you feel like you can trust
>>
>>27604816
It sounds like you didn't pace yourself properly. You proved that you're capable of doing well, so why not try again? Take one or two classes at a time if you have to, and retake the ones you got crappy grades in. You're young enough this doesn't matter too much.

I'm struggling valiantly at the local college right now. I decided 4.0 or death basically so it is kind of stressful; there is a paper now that I just can't seem to get started on.
>>
>>27606252
nooooo why? it's going pretty well for you man. I mean you don't get into a top 5 university if you're dumb. Just get your shit together and try again in a year or so when you're in a better place.
>>
>>27608409
That sounds horrible if it's true anon. Are the entrance exam books at least similiar each year?
No matter what, keep the good work up. Number 17 out of 1000 applicants is already amazing and you can do it.
>>
Where to rank >nautical science doe?
>>
>>27612380
Good tier on this >>27606986 ranking. It would be meh tier if you look at the other stuff in good tier but nautical stuff sounds interesting and commanding a ship or having knowledge about the occean is pretty cool
>>
>>27612505
Would stating that I can relatively fluently speak chinese improve it a bit? Since china is the biggest sea trading nation
>>
I'm a 22 year old with 15 credits at a community college, 24 at the end of the semester.
I'm surrounded by 18/19 year olds.
It's hard to relate to them and once they find out how old I am they only want me to buy them alcohol. One wants to date me and one wants to fuck me but I'm in a relationship already.
I wish I stayed in college when I went the first time. I won't be done until I'm about 26.
>>
>>27612624
Definitely. Also if you will later travel into ports all over the world it's good tier I'd say (assumed you earn enough for living).
>>
>chemical engineering low tier
AYYYYYYYY lmao. Fuck off you lazy premed sack of shit. I bet you majored in bio for undergrad so you could keep a high GPA. Just like a typical med-fag. You fuckers wouldn't last a month in Chem-E. Plus, our jobs are actually useful, you know we kinda make EVERY FUCKING THING you guys use in your daily life.
>>
>>27606986

>statistics and economics above ecology

lol k
>>
>>27609280

I am doing a PhD in math at a mid-tier university.

Trust me when I say my job prospects are not the best. At least I like it
>>
>>27607101
>Love translating and learning languages
>Good at it
>Didn't think it would make me money, picked Law.
>Even though foreign languages would've been piece of cake
>Parents told me to be English teacher (English is not my native), but also supported Law.
Who knows, maybe I'll get a job in embassy or something.
>>
>>27604816
>god tier
>medicine
All med students are fucking mental. You either are just fucking spastic, or a religious fucking freak.
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MzM2MTU4NzM1.gif (61 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MzM2MTU4NzM1.gif
61 KB, 402x402
>write a paper about the Greco-Turkish War of 1919-1922 and the Population Exchange of 1923
>paper is double the page limit
>have to choose either the war or the population exchange and cut the other part out
>the war narrative is better written and has more primary source quotes
>the population exchange narrative has more original input on the subject and uses a lot of statistics, which is something that sexually arouses my professor
>can't decide which one to stick with

>feel like Mustafa Kemal having to decide whether or not to abandon over 100 miles to the enemy so the Turkish army can take a strong defensive stance in front of Ankara

>feel like King Constantine having to decide whether to continue the war on the 100th anniversary of Greece's independence, or to honor my promises saying I would end the war

>feel like George Harrington having to decide whether or not to attack Kemal as ordered by the British government, which could possibly start World War II

>feel like Sultan Mehmed VI, having to decide whether or not to sign the Treaty of Sevres, which would end World War I, but discredit the Ottoman regime in the eyes of the Turkish public

Choices.
>>
>>27604816
I fell for the CS meme
Now I'm unhappy and want to change into physics
Should I tell my dad? I know he would pay two more year of taxes, but he's probably going to be deeply disappointed at me, he's the only one who still isn't
>>
>>27614499
A lot of the medical students I knew were borderline alcoholics/druggies. One guy had full blown hallucinations from alcohol withdrawal in his second year. They are the best ones though, they tend to be more chill than the sanctimonious moral fags.
>>
>tfw doing English Lit because I love writing

How much am I fucking myself over
>>
is it easy to make friends
im at community college right now and I see all my "friends" uploading pictures to facebook and snapchat where they seem to be having so much fun

Im going to be transfering in about a year but by then I'll be a junior so I feel like I've missed out on everything.
>>
>>27614939
Work as many varied part time jobs whilst you are studying, volunteer, be active in societies and you'll be fine. I know it's meme advice but you should be able to find a semi decent graduate job when you graduate if you can prove you aren't a lazy retard.
>>
>>27604816
Not good lads.

Just back from 2 weeks of easter hols where I got to see my bro again (he's at uni in england, me in N.Ireland - we're originally from N.Ireland).

Had to say goodbye today, which was hard, and now I'm facing 4 weeks of coursework hand ins and tests. 2 of which are over the next 3 days.

We both played the last night of the doom beta tonight, and had a good time. I'm just depressed that now I have to endure these 4 weeks of work, and won't get to talk to him a whole lot. I don't think he's especially happy over there either.

Any robots ever been in a similar position with bros / sis' moving away for uni? Share your stories and any tips of how to cope please.
>>
>>27610901
>He's wasting his life doing shit he hates

That's actually what every normie I've met does (lol work sucks!! Can't wait for the weekend! Hope I win the lottery so I can retire LOL)

But yea, keep wasting your life. Stay cucked, faggot
>>
America sucks
Either risk being poor trying to do something you love
or
Go with the surefire method and do something you hate.

18 year olds should not be expected to know what they want to do with their lives. There needs to be a better system.
>>
>24 years old
>struggling with general chemistry 1
>passing only by a miracle
>cannot even grasp the concept of stoichiometry and enthalpy and such
>been struggling to finish associate's for 6 years

I'm starting to think higher education isn't for me. I don't know if I'm retarded or if chemistry is just this difficult, but it's so frustrating since 15 years ago I could chew through this information easily.

Should I just transition to a more practical field instead of medicine like computer science or business? I don't want to give up on my dream of medicine but I'm not even 1/10 smart enough to pass even chemistry.
>>
>>27615297
>Implying that even the surefire method will work

America really isn't so bad though, try living somewhere with no IT industry or something.

You have a shitload of options compared to the rest of the world aside from a few very select places in Europe.
>>
>>27615441
What kind of a doctor do you want to be? General or specialist?
>>
>>27615700
Pharmacist, actually. So my knowledge in chemistry has to be pretty much spot on since everything I do will be chemistry.

I can't even pass chem 1, chem 2 and organic chem 1&2 are going to be impossible.
>>
>>27604816
who /TAFE/ here
lmao @ universitycucks think they'll be making more money than me
>>
>>27615441
Comp sci is barely practical.

These days they shoehorn in a lot of bullshit classes that will bore you to tears.
>>
>>27615731
Okay then yeah no you should give up on your dream.

If you wanted to be a general practitioner, I would recommend that you quit the medicine track, do nursing instead and eventually get a NP and basically do the same thing that a family med doctor does.
>>
>>27615753
>Tafe

Maximum humongous fucking enormous kek.
>>
>>27604816
>psychology shit tier
>suicide causing stem jobs great tier

Makes sense since the person who made this browses 4chan
>>
>>27615755
I'd rather be bored but have a future.

I know that higher education isn't always mandatory to make a living but I'd still like to graduate if possible.

Would rather be bored but have a bachelor's in compsci than a dropout.
>>
What does accounting fall under? I just started CC this past semester. 23 Yrs old (after 4 years of being unmotivated and depressed) and I have no idea besides wanting to do something involving math. Considered CS but I don't even have my own or a good computer. Our toaster was a toaster when we got it 8 years ago...

It kinda sucks missing out on that televised college experience but I've always done my own thing and doubt I would have been invited to parties and junk if I went the traditional route.
>>
>>27606630
Learn English, fuckhead.
>>
>>27604816
I-I'm Forensic Science major
What tier is that?

>Flooring the shit out of Bio 1 had to retake because credits didn't transfer from high school, fuck system errors
>Bio 1 lab is the same
>MAYBE have a C in Analytical Chemistry right now with a narrow 95% confidence interval
>Probably a C in Analytical Lab which I love the shit out of so much so that when I told my Organic 2 teacher I loved taking Analytical Lab her jaw dropped and she was speechless for a full 15 seconds and then told me she never heard a student say that in her whole entire life
>Either a very low C or a very high D in Organic 2, fuck quizzes
>Solid B in Organic 2 Lab
>>
>>27615249
Enjoy your student loan debt with a worthless art degree that will never help pay it off.
>>
File: tradies get the ladies.jpg (62 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
tradies get the ladies.jpg
62 KB, 650x366
>>27615767
enjoy your janitor job lmso
>>
>>27604816
>21
>Studying psychology
>No motivation to do anything
>Try to do my homeworks
>The group ones make me want to kill myself
>Those shitters are even more worthless than I am
>Miss two classes last week in which they decided about 30% of the final grade
>Last semester I screwed everything up, so I needed to do my best in this one
>Too ashamed to tell my parents that their son is a failure
>>
File: 250px-Screamcover.jpg (21 KB, 250x323) Image search: [Google]
250px-Screamcover.jpg
21 KB, 250x323
>25 years old
>medicine
>don't know nothing about medicine after 8 of 5 semesters (failed 3 of them)
>nobody picked me for a team for hospital practices and probably end with the guy i hate the most, which team needs one more member
>no girlfriend, no friends, kissless virgin, the mockery of my family
>in my shithole of country, we have to do social service at rural communities, and because of my grades, probably will be send to the shittiest and more dangerous one
>vacations end tomorrow, back to be tortured by normies
>>
Just had my easter break, first class of uni starts in 4 hours.
The entire break I felt really good, no anxiety, not that sad - actually bretty gud. Tell myself:
>Ok my plummeting grader are due to laziness not depression or anxiety. Let's start anew!
Now I'm just sitting in my window, looking out across the town, a glass of vodka in one hand, a cigarette in the other. It's almost 5 am, somewhere out there - sleeping, there might be someone who could save me and take me away. I hope.
>>
>>27614520
I'm >>27615846, and also Turkish

>have to choose either the war or the population exchange and cut the other part out
>have to choose
>have
>to
>choose

Fuck. No.
Surely you can cut BOTH down and merge em, in such a way that one incorporates elements of the other, without breaching into non-sequitur territory?
Explain how the Greco-Turkish War LEADS INTO the Population Exchange. Or talk about the Population Exchange, and use call-backs to Greco-Turkish War. Or something.
Those people you mentioned didn't do their choices because of bullshit Morton's Forks. They took them because they felt they did what was right. Otherwise, they fucking improvised.
That's what YOU have to do right now. Find a way to have both, without sacrificing the best parts of either.
You can do it Anon. I have faith.

Just out of curiosity, why choose to write about those two topics in particular?
>>
>>27615950
One more thing, could someone that is willing to talk to me for a few days post their email
I need some emotional support, please
>>
>>27615950
Fucking hell. Are you me..?
>Very generic, non-original comment
>>
File: 1430328615319.jpg (9 KB, 192x182) Image search: [Google]
1430328615319.jpg
9 KB, 192x182
>professor recommended me to be TA
oh fuck what do?
>>
I've had health issues really fuck up college for me.. Maybe it could be depression, but it's the physical fatigue and trouble remembering/concentrating that really get to me.. Even if I go back, my GPA is so fucked. Just turned 23 and don't wanna be a failure like the 28 year old manchild at my job who does nothing but talk about roasties and play Pokemon.

I want to move to Japan, do something useful, have a qt chink wife and show the dominance of the white man in Asia.
>>
File: 1412391668135.png (4 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1412391668135.png
4 KB, 500x500
>university
>2016

your jobs will all be automated by 2030
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 1093x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 1093x667
>>27604816
This doesn't has Computer Science
>>
>>27616231
https://youtu.be/wQ0wKv5CPtA
>>
>>27616056

I'm fascinated by the Greco-Turkish War because I see it as both the end to the Ottoman Empire and Byzantium. Kemal abolished the sultanate after his victory in 1922, and Kemal forcing the Greek army out of Anatolia meant the Greeks were never going to retake Constantinople and Asia Minor. The war caused the monarchy in both Greece and Turkey to be abolished, and it also caused David Lloyd George's fall from power in Britain.

Then the population exchange disentangled the overlapping ethnic clusterfuck that Greece and Turkey shared, it ended 2,500 years of Greek presence in Asia Minor, and it made the current border between Greece and Turkey permanent. Because the Ottoman Greeks were the educated mercantile class of Turkey, removing them meant the only elites left in Turkey were the bureaucrats and military officers, which made establishing a single-party state possible. The Ottoman Greeks were denied any reimbursement by both the Greek and Turkish states, so they became a massive communist electorate in Greece that caused General Metaxas' to establish a dictatorship in the 1930s.

The whole experience of the war and population exchange is fascinating for being the culmination of centuries of events that came before and laying the foundations for modern Greece and Turkey.

And thanks for the encouragement. I will edit it down so it fits the page limit while remaining cohesive.
>>
>>27616339
no one will read this post desu~
>>
It doesn't get better robots.

At least in school you get some time off, can generally wake up when you want, and sometimes even have friends.

Working every day for the reset of you life turns you into a zombie.
>>
>>27616357
Joke's on you, I have.
>>27616339
There you go. You'll go far.
>>
>>27616339

>permanent

No, kebab could still be removed. If, for example, XA/GD were to obtain power, then it could be a reality.
>>
>>27616372
>there are normalfags that don't have to work while attending school ITT

I plan to get a second job so i can move out...
>>
>>27604816
Going to University this afternoon for a lecture, not looking forward to it desu.

I was thinking of picking up Philosophy as a minor, just for fun. I am a little worried that it'll be a SJW den though.
>>
>>27616142
What are we going to do until then
>>
>>27606986
meh tier reporting in
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 1022x503) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 1022x503
>>27616326
I hope you are aware that most Software Engineers make 6 figure salaries average
>>
>>27606986
>tfw not smart in the slightest
>have history as a major since it's one of the few subjects I liked
>know I'm more than likely just gonna end up with a useless degree and a minimum wage job

how do I escape this hell?
>>
>>27616507
Currently a philosophy/poli sci double major. Its not a SJW den. At least not at my school. Philosophy is a very critical major. You have to be able to criticize all view points. Most philosophers unlike the 20th century were very sexist so its enjoyable imo. But if you take a class on feminism which my philosophy department only offers one as an elective, I expect a professor with a centered view, and then an equal distribution between neck beards and tumblr feminists getting wrecked by the philosophy majors in the room.
>>
File: 1452274978648.png (461 KB, 674x666) Image search: [Google]
1452274978648.png
461 KB, 674x666
>>27604816
Are you me?
>about to drop a class for the second time
>know mum's going to kick me out
>just trying different suicide methids this week
>>
Does anybody here have experience with being on Adderall? I'm supposed to go to counseling and hopefully get a prescription for it this summer. What effects does it have?
>>
>>27604816
Biomed is definitely above bio chem and economics can get you a pretty good salary sometimes.
>>
File: adderall-brain-side-effects1.jpg (46 KB, 465x300) Image search: [Google]
adderall-brain-side-effects1.jpg
46 KB, 465x300
>>27618634
On it right now. It is (literally) the diet coke version of Methamphetamine.

In my case, it focuses your mind and basically allows you to have an almost super-autist focus on tasks that you do. You'll get a slight surge of euphoria (the actual condition, not the le fedora maymay kind) and will genuinely enjoy whatever you're doing. You'll have a sort of innate need or will to try and get things done. Bad part is you'll stay up late, and your appetite will completely dry up. The benefits of Adderall generally outweigh any downsides it has though. Just be careful to take it sparingly. There are stories of people getting addicted to the stuff and killing off many of the brain cells in and around their hypothalamus. Good luck and use sparingly!
>>
>>27619097
How often and how many should I take if I have a prescription
>>
>>27619097
Also have prescription; can confirm everything this robot is saying to be true, desu
>>
File: 1410715171662.png (201 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1410715171662.png
201 KB, 500x373
>Roman Civ exam tomorrow
>have not done a single reading this semester
>already failed the first exam, if I don't get at least a B on this one its ogre for me

I'm fucked lads
>>
File: 1420911714954.jpg (39 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1420911714954.jpg
39 KB, 500x484
>>27604816
>tfw doing shitty ass Podiatry
>had 3 months to do a paper of 2.5k word on a case study of some retarded foot
>Deadline is in 6 hours, I've been writing since 1am and wasted 2 hours wanking and smoking
>only have 1.3k words and I'm running out of ideas pretty fucking fast
>I fucking hate my major
>tfw want to drop out and join the army
>tfw don't want to get disowned
>>
File: one carbon atom.png (10 KB, 659x319) Image search: [Google]
one carbon atom.png
10 KB, 659x319
>>27619158
First of all, I want you to remember this-- I am *not* a doctor, so do not --DO NOT-- take my sole advice. Follow doctor's orders.

Well, if you're getting Adderall XR 30 mg, I'd recommend taking one every morning after breakfast Monday-Friday. On weekends, unless you have work to do, just skip them. Your mind will need to relax and unwind.

Only take one capsule a day. One. If you take more than 60mg of Adderall a day you'll be at serious, serious risk of fucking up your brain's neural network beyond repair-- and the side effects won't be apparent until years later. And to any robots out there-- no, you won't be able to overdose on these things. You'll just end up poisoning yourself and possibly fucking your brain up to an irreparable state.
>>
>>27619323
I wouldn't be so discouraged

My feet are fucked up and have tons of callouses

I'd pay you to treat me
>>
tfw cannot understand jack shit about electricity concepts.

>failed physics 2 5 times
>failed circuit analysis I once and will fail it again

Electrical engineers are wizards.
>>
>>27619359
What sort of damage senpai?
>>
>>27619359
I can't get adderall

Can I use pseudoephedrine instead?
>>
>Medicine
>God tier

Have a nice time sleeping poorly or not at all, taking more information than you can actually proccess and having to study things multiple times because of that. I shoulda done something on the biz side, Stem is pretty autistic though.
>>
>>27619386
Decreased electrical activity in synapes, whole neurons (the cells which carry neurotransmitters, aka the little chemicals in your brain that does literally everything that makes you think, remember, etc) beginnning a mass die off with sections of your brain related to emotional control, a loss of critical thinking skills( remember, adderall helps you focus, it does *not* make you smarter) and a decreased ability to retrieve, store and make new memories.
>>
School has pretty much ruined my life. I really wish I never went.
>>
>>27619613
Why do you say that bruh?

In an ideal world, school gives you a foundation for knowledge and wisdom
>>
>>27619651
>In an ideal world
There's your problem.
>>
>>27610178

you go to SJSU im guessing?

if not that pic is on the SJSU AE departments website
>>
>college orientation
>there's a big icebreaker event that everyone there attends
>have to go around the room according to birthdays, eye color, random facts about us
>then they tell everyone to raise either their left or right hand
>raise up left
>"now find 2 other people raising that hand and make a group!"
>oh god
>look around, everyone around me is raising right hand
>walk further
>2 girls with their left hands raised
>walk further
>see 2 guys with their left hands raised
>"h-hey so I guess we can be a group..."
>they just either ignore me or can't hear me
>"okay, everyone in a group sit down!"
>everyone sits down
>sit down
>for the next 30 minutes watch as hundreds of people do group activities around me and I sit there alone trying to blend in
>eventually a group of 3 people sees me and asks if I want to join them
>say okay with visible humiliation on my face
>the rest of the orientation I have to do group activities meant for 3 people in a group of 4 people of whom I am the clear outcast

I went into college with lower confidence then I had in high school, which already wasn't a lot.
>>
File: pepegassed.png (178 KB, 1145x788) Image search: [Google]
pepegassed.png
178 KB, 1145x788
120-140 IQ high functioning autist physics, math and nuclear master race reporting in.
>>
>>27608938
huge glut in pharmacists now, since so many new pharmacy schools opened. probably shit tier.
>>
>>27619651
I've become worse in every way since coming here. It's given me nothing but debt and despair.
>>
>>27609330
>implying any of that is difficult. retards get out reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>27619359

heh. adderall fags are literally ruining their brains.

that shit is neurotoxic, you drug plebs.

enjoy your diminished capacity to enjoy things and feel motivation, shit lords.

oh and that fucked up blood circulations :^))))))))
>>
>>27609330
>>27620118

he's probably still in high school
>>
>>27604816
>maths major
>main teacher/advisor loathes me
>students do not know me or dislike me
>fug
>really worried about not finding an internship/job before graduating
>only 1.5 years left of this hellhole

just get me out of here senpai
>>
>>27620174
give me the receipts 2 b h
>>
>>27615441
Why are you taking chem senpai? Basically, stoichometry describes the relatives quantities of reactants and products. so say you have the reaction A + 2B = AB2.

For every one mol of A, you need two of B. very easy senpai.

Enthalpy basically describes the internal energy of the chemical system. typically your product will have a different energy than the reactants. if it gives off energy, its exothermic. if it takes energy it's endothermic. not too hard senpai

i got A-s in both chem 1 and chem 2. hoping to do med school soon.
>>
>>27607175
>medicine
>great tier

not for long, govt will stop subsidizing the Healthcare industry when robots replace workers which means previously Rich doctor = poor doctor. This is where things are headed, the most relevant degrees to the future are areas in engineering and business management/economics
>>
>Journalism/Philosophy double major
>English Minor
>Editor for my school's paper
>Sophomore
>Won a few campus wide writing contests (creative writing is my hobby)

Not sure what to do with my life. I know my major choices are double unemployment tier, but they're all I've ever been good at; Writing, reading and analyzing. I'm pretty much not cut out for anything else.

I really enjoy journalism and storytelling. I think I can bring a really creative perspective to the world, and to the news. That said, journalism is kind of in a rut right now. We make well under the national average for graduates, and honestly, it's just depressing as fuck.

I might go into law, but I'm trying not to make that decision yet since I'm only 20.

Any advice?

My dream career has always been to be a writer, writing for cartoons, movies, and maybe one day my own novels (done on the side and not for a profit of course).
>>
>>27610813
Look up "the overnight student". The author inserted a bunch of weird religious references in it that make it a bit uncomfortable but it has a 91% retention rate
>>
Anon, the only thing that matters is that you do something you like, and have atleast a little bit of talent for. Once you do this, everything in life will fall into place naturally.
>>
>>27619733
Sounds like my orientation, was it at UNT?
>>
>>27619733
Fuck anon I'm horrified. That would be me in that situation.
>>
I can't fucking take it anymore r9k

My roomate's GF has literally moved into our dorm room and she drives me fucking crazy.

She leaves her tampon box out on the desk, she changes right next to me, he gives her backrubs, cleans her ears, carries her places, she plucks her armpits and legs right next to me. It's driving me crazy and I hate it. They're so fucking gross and completely incapable of understanding what they look like from an outsiders view.

I hate women.
I hate living with women.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27620626
Cum on her clothes
>>
>>27620626
Talk to your roommate about it. Nothing will change if you don't act.
>>
>>27620626
Stop being so fucking squeamish little puss puss
>>
>diagnosed autistic
>go to a below-average uni because i don't want to get a job yet and i want the student loan money for weeaboo shit
>love languages
>take Linguistics, Japanese and Chinese
>do something called a "foundation year" which is basically an extra "preparation" year at uni where you don't really have to do anything at all
>spend that whole year not talking to anyone and pretty much only talking to my mum and my own internal voice
>no motivation to get shit done because i'd rather shitpost and watch anime all day
>find out first-year doesn't count towards my degree score
>learn the basic linguistics stuff and the japanese is kind of forced in because i'm constantly seeing and hearing the language
>for some reason i'm surprised when chinese is hard and it's absolutely kicking my ass
>my classes sound impressive to strangers but i don't actually do much aside from rote memorisation
>accidentally made friends in japanese class without really knowing how or why
>turns out alcohol is pretty good and now i drink sometimes

i'll have to crack down in second year because i actually want half-decent final grades. i feel kind of like an imposter though, like people are going to expose me as not being one of them.
>>
>>27620719
>Japanese and linguistics

I mean that's a super cozy degree and all but what can you do with it without like an international relations minor
>>
File: db7.jpg (77 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
db7.jpg
77 KB, 600x450
>>27620778

it's just something i'm passionate about and a diversion from having to hit the world of work. i don't really have any specific job in mind. i'll most likely end up wageslaving.
>>
>first semester of grad school
>midterm essays finally handed back
>92%
Everything's going to be daijoubu.
>>
>>27620686
I can't, they're chinks.

She just starting hissing at him and the two got into a tickle fight.

Like it's fucking 1:40 and he's giving her a massage now.

Fuck these people
>>
Among uim620933
O lol they're chinkies?

Amog him, he's probs got a tiny dick
>>
>Be me
>25 year old grill
> 7 maybe an 8 sometimes in the looks dept
> never got mrs
>Dropped out of school due to depression
>2 year degree isnt worth shit
> Try go back to finish school
> 50k in debt
>Credit is shot
>Live at home because I can't get an apartment
> Have to pay for school

Should I end it all anons?
>>
File: Maoist propaganda.png (10 KB, 639x297) Image search: [Google]
Maoist propaganda.png
10 KB, 639x297
>>27620892
THAT FUCKING POOL.

Anyway, I also studied Chinese (top of my class) and I'm doing Japanese now. I'm not a linguistics major but I've taken a few linguistics classes.

I'm >>27620913 by the way; getting a Master's in English with studies done in TESOL so I can gtfo of this hemisphere and teach abroad.

>inb4 naive; I taught in China for a few months and liked it so much I changed my major to this. I know what I'm getting into.

If you have any spot questions about Chinese I'll see if I can help.
Pro tip: Study traditional characters. You'll thank me later. Also, Japanese is much harder than Chinese in my experience, so the worst is behind you.
>>
>>27621013
>>2 year degree isnt worth shit

What was your degree desu?
>>
File: plankton in fedora crying.png (268 KB, 422x475) Image search: [Google]
plankton in fedora crying.png
268 KB, 422x475
>tfw I actually really love my major (cybersecurity)
>will probably drop out because it's too expensive and I'm failing all my other classes because I'm a nervous wreck who has trouble leaving his own dorm to go to classes and I'm too lazy to do the shitty homework for the required humanities classes

I-I'm just gonna do community college then come back i-it'll be ok, right guys?
>>
File: PC-FX-Console-Set.png (246 KB, 608x599) Image search: [Google]
PC-FX-Console-Set.png
246 KB, 608x599
>>27621019

yeah, one big thing that fucks me up is that japanese kanji are taken from the traditional character set, but my chinese class uses simplified. the traditional set actually seems way more logical to me.

nihongo no benkyou ni ganbatte kudasai, anon-san
>>
>>27604816
>>27605201
>tfw studying EE
Id love to switch to econ but nobody would hire someone like me, especially if a job requires you to talk to customers.
>>
>>27608529
I started studying physics just "to learn" and was really passionate about it back then. I'm almost done with the degree and could not care less about physics anymore. The only reasonable career path is research where salaries are shit. I wish I had chosen a field of study with better career paths because chances are that you will end up hating your field of study anyway.
>>
>>27606545
If it makes you feel better, he is neither a doctor nor an engineer and is probably just as bad off or worse than others on here.
>>
>>27609330
I know how you feel man.

>paper due monday
>exam tuesday
>two papers due wednesday
>exam + homework thursday
>project due friday

God if you exist just let me survive this week pls, ill pray to you every night from now on, just let me survive this.

Also finals are less than a month away, fuck professors who have 3 "midterms" they are not fucking midterms if there's 3 of them fuck off
>>
>>27608409
all this for a meme degree in international relations
jesus christ man you fucked up
>>
File: 1344299717001.jpg (49 KB, 600x521) Image search: [Google]
1344299717001.jpg
49 KB, 600x521
computer engineering

>go take midterm
>think I fucking bombed really hard
>prof puts out grades on friday night so people can drop
>in top 18% (maybe 40-50 people) of class which is considered one of the harder classes at my school

also I'm a complete fucking failure at my core classes. I'm talking C's and D's for calculus and physics, but have all A's/B's in core classes
>>
File: 1422047317010.png (199 KB, 413x374) Image search: [Google]
1422047317010.png
199 KB, 413x374
>>27619373
>Electrical engineers are wizards.

Do you mean because what we do is like fucking magic or because we are 30 year old virgins? Because both statements are true.
>>
>>27621404
>computer engineering
What's the difference between EE and CE and which one should I pick? Nobody seems to be able to give me a concrete answer.
>>
>>27619359
SHUT UP YOU FUCKING PUSSY HOLY FUCK
>>
>>27607101
do what you love is the worst meme

it should be

do what you love then find something useful that's closest to it
>>
>>27621440
>30 year old virgin

I'm sure once the beta bucks start coming in some used roastie will reluctantly fuck you
>>
>>27605028
>Music low tier
M8
>>
>BE ME
>DO JOURNALISM
>GET COMFY STAY AT HOME JOB WHERE I SHITPOST ON 4CHAN ALL DAY, WAKE UP WHENEVER I PLEASE AND OCCASIONALLY TYPE SOMETHING INTO MY WORK RELATED STUFF
>>
>>27621453
CS is easier. If you want to be taken seriously, take EE. You essentially learn everything you need (except maybe advanced algorithms that you can teach yourself), and you can work with hardware.
>>
>>27621501
>beta bucks
Not really, they are better off chasing finance guys who also in addition to making more money out of college happen to be tall, good looking and sexually active since their 12th birthday.

This "engineers make lots of money" thing is a lie. Youll be making $60k out of college tops (if that), and you should know that $60k is nothing. A nice mid tier sports car will cost you upwards of $120k. Even making six figures is shit these days (you cant even buy a house) unless you are talking about the upper range of six figures.

I also have 0 work experience and am set to graduate in next year. I doubt ill be making anywhere close to $60k.
>>
File: 1444925558244.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
1444925558244.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
>Applied for philosophy
I'm starting to think I might be making a huge mistake, lads.
>>
>>27621594
*in a year
>>
>>27621610
Get out while you can. The only job you can get with a philosophy degree is teaching philosophy to other philosophy students.
>>
>>27621626
That's not a bad thing. Professors aren't exactly paid terribly, but the degree is very limiting
>>
>>27621626
That's what I planned on doing. But now I'm thinking I'm putting a lot of faith into getting this one specific job when failing that it's over.
>>
>doing intership
>Fucking hate this job to death
>thinking of quiting every single day for the past 3 months
>4 months left

Fuck this path ive chosen
>>
File: 1456727114897.jpg (29 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456727114897.jpg
29 KB, 500x375
>>27621453
i'm fdrunk but I'll try and give a brief description honestly i'm not too sure, i just chose it when i transferred after checking how much people get paid

EE and CE have some overlap with basics as I see (like circuits)
EE nerds are going to focus more on the electronic hardware and magic fucking magnets, inductors, wires and shit. CE faggots will be using some computer science bullshit to make the code work with the hardware and other homosex shit. CE is going to learn like architecture and shit that honestly makes no fucking sense then you spit it all out on a test and somehow end up with a 98. Then you go to the lab and have to make some fucking code to control your fpga board for a presentation on microprocessors and honestly you have no idea and just copy and paste some shit off the internet give your report a source, then win 1st place in your class's final project. then your're forced to present in front of the dean of technology and you start sweating literal spaghetti. wew lad

EE also focuses on them magic waves that make communications and shit happen to name some shit. Fucking magic fuck if i know. There's all kinds of waves - radio, wifi, gamma, microwave hot pockets etc. EE is a lot of shit likee magnets too. EE kids are probably the same kids who get a kick out CB radios

>>27621532
CS is like the fucking business of the 'tech' majors. easy and most people can do it.
>had to take c++ for one preq
>girl has a problem
>10 dudes crowd around her trying to fiux fucking missing semicolon

>>27621610
'''''''''''''''''''lol'''''''''''''''''
>>
>be diagnosed autism since child
>drop out of school
>neet it up and spent all day playing wow and watching medical lectures on the other monitor
>mom makes me do some aptidute test
>score high enough for med school
>starting next week

A lot of people seem to be bashing medicine in this thread, am I going to be alright since I have autism focus and several bookshelves of notes that I took during the last years?
>>
>year and a half left of my arts degree

I just want this wild ride to be over so I can do something useful with my life
>>
>>27621717
I also have autism.

School is for nerds. Just spend like a month figuring out anything you don't already know and you're sorted.
>>
>>27621717
lol good luckj diagnosing patients when you can't even put yourself in their shoes
>>
File: x_1ec4709d.jpg (49 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
x_1ec4709d.jpg
49 KB, 600x480
>have a college degree in electrical engineering
>went to uni the same year i graduated from college (fuck yeah free education)
>got bored from it really fast
>felt into draft
>took an academic leave because army
>dismissed half a year ago
>got a shitjob at cellular
>mfw profs think i'm still in the army
>mfw uni thinks i'm attending everything
>cellular has no idea how am i attending uni and going to job at the same time
>fuck uni, my college degree in ee kick ass
>actually not
>>
File: spoopymayne.png (565 KB, 779x720) Image search: [Google]
spoopymayne.png
565 KB, 779x720
on my second semester for music tech degree

these gen ed classes are raping me in the fucking ass

i hate this shit, and these music classes dont teach me shit i want to know
>>
File: 1458533429158.jpg (69 KB, 644x509) Image search: [Google]
1458533429158.jpg
69 KB, 644x509
>>27621805
>these gen ed classes
I fucking hate gen eds, they are the bane of my existence. "Diversity requirement"

Gen eds make me want to torture kittens.
>>
>>27621717
this isnt possible, the requirements are so stringent that even if you scored well on their test (which is actually a very small metric for acceptance) it wouldnt get you in or even close. You would need networking skills for recommendations, charity work, and some work with professors in an area of science you took alongside your medical requirements.

Nice try.
>>
>>27621767
Is this mindgame shit really necessary? Cant I just do/order tests based on their symptoms and diagnose from there?

In the long run I am of course looking for something with little to no patient interaction like Pathology but I have to get through the university first.

>>27621843
If you live in the US and these are your requirements I feel bad for you, I'm in europe and if I didn't have diagnosed autism I would have only needed a certain average grade from my highschool years.
The test I took was an equivalent offered by universities for dropouts/foreigners/disableds and other people that fell through the system. Since I have a Diagnosis I qualify for disabled status over here.
>>
>>27621987
Where do you live?

Of course this isn't original. I bet it was some horny bastard on a camwhore thread that originally posted it.
>>
File: sense.jpg (133 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sense.jpg
133 KB, 500x375
>>27606655

what are you, a fucking sixth grader? uni =! chad status

lurk moar or gtfo
>>
>>27606814

RULE 33 VIOLATION IN AISLE SIX
>>
>>27622211
>revealing were I live on 4chan

You can believe that I'm bullshitting you if you want but several other western european nations have a system similar to this.

If you want to come to europe to study medicine for cheap you will have to prove that you wont be a welfare leech which means a bank account with ~50k cash.
Some germans and people that had german in school go to hungary to study german-language medical schools in hungary for about 20k, but I am not sure if all of those are recognized it is very much the equivalent to the caribbean med schools.
>>
>>27622478
Dude, everyone on /int/ and /pol/ has already revealed what country they live in. No ones asking your address.
>>
>rating civil engineering as low

ok
>>
What exactly is math good for?

From what I've heard math at uni level is really esoteric and weird.
>>
>>27612978
Start to learn programming now if you haven't already. My uncle majored in math too and but never worked in his field. He got hired by a software company and earns a lot as a code monkey for apps or something.

Having a PhD in math or physics is not as bad as people always think. You are basically qualified to be intelligent and companys know you're able to think better and more efficient than 90% of other people.
>>
>>27614815
How long until you're done with CS?
>>
>>27616887
Wait and enjoy NEETlife, like I am
>>
>>27606301
Dude we are in the same tier as art and history dude. Although at least the ratio of guys to girls is beautiful
>>
>>27619728
No, germany. Just googled aerospace engineering and took the first picture
>>
File: Escher_Waterfall.jpg (69 KB, 466x595) Image search: [Google]
Escher_Waterfall.jpg
69 KB, 466x595
>>27622772
Esoteric and weird, but vastly applicable to anything and everything out there. It's essentially the highest level of abstraction.

Math, contrary to popular belief, doesn't really have anything to do with numbers. It's just about problem solving and finding patterns in absolutely anything and everything. Generalizations, theorems, proofs, so on so forth.

Odds are that nothing you were exposed to so far qualify as real math. No, Calculus is not real math - you're still just dealing with quantities at that point, like a form of advanced arithmetic. Look up graph theory for example for a gentle and accessible introduction to the bigger picture.

The usefulness of a math degree depends on who's looking at your resume. If its the lay public, they'll just assume all you do is balance spreadsheets. If you're a very good mathematician that actually understand what math is really about, certain surprising firms, like hedge funds, will almost certainly come looking.

That being said, it takes a certain amount of autism to be good at math. Definitely not for the lay person who dwelleth in the concrete world of reality.
>>
>>27614918
Final year med fag here,
Medicine is a giant clusterfuck of moralfags, think it wears off after they start working. Luckily I have you assholes that have thoroughly desensitized me throughout high school.
>>
>>27621019

if you don't understand traditional characters your life is worthless?

i don't think mao would say this......
>>
>>27619291
Fuck it man, failing isn't the end of the world
>>
>>27623405
The way I see it, there is no possibility for anyone to get into med school and be a moderate well balanced human being.

Med school is so selective, that it ends up selecting for the most extreme types of people which also happen to be fucked up.

First off are the people who have been forced into pursuing medicine by their parents. Typically very sheltered, muh mommy daddy kind of people and fucking miserable because all they do is study for grades and worry about admissions. These are the premeds at your local university who sabotage each others labs to get an edge in class rankings, so on and so forth.

Second off are the moralfags, the overly emotional and compassionate people who want to save the world with their own two hands. How the fuck did that much idealism even get inside their heads? It's anyone's guess... but it makes them fucking psycho. Typically watch TV shows about doctors obsessively and crave that melodramatic lifestyle. Almost impossible to relate to as a normal fucking human being since they're so high on their own moral compass.

Third are the people who think being a doctor is about not going to work and playing golf all day with a six figure salary and that its the smart choice. Well guess what you fucking retards. Being a doctor is the easy part. Getting there is the hard part. As a doctor, you will pay up all the dicksucking you otherwise would have spread throughout your life up front in those years you will spend to become a doctor in the first place. And guess what? If you weren't fucked up already, those 10 years will make you fucked up.

The only solution is to simply stop making medicine so selective and stop hyping it as a profession. That means cutting back on all the "doctors are specshul becauz they are help peoplz and are superior to everyone elsh". But that's not gonna happen. Ever.
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.