[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boast thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14
File: Boast.jpg (153 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
Boast.jpg
153 KB, 800x532
So much of /r9k/ is complaining about their problems and finding someone to blame for them. Well this is a thread where you get to talk about your accomplishments, no matter how big or small, without sounding smug. Whether you were accepted for a new job, got yourself a girlfriend or just found the courage to go outside and talk to the cashier while you were getting milk, here is the place to tell us all about it.
>>
>>27518170
I got a job recently. It's not a good one, but I'm kind of glad I have it, because I won't land on the street, or at least delay it.
>>
>>27518170
I got a job interview today and booked an emergency dentist appointment for my decaying disgusting robot teeth.

Still feel bad about letting my teeth get this bad and unsure if i can afford the cost of gettinf them fixed.
>>
>>27518170
I guess I'll start then. I finally managed to land myself a cute nerdy 7/10 girlfriend, and the last compliment I got from her was "I'm soo happy you're my boyfriend <3 <3"
>>
>>27518240
Congrats.

Oregano
>>
>>27518283
Hey thanks.

>>27518266
I hope this relationship will last quite a long time, dubs.
>>
>>27518240
Hey man, congrats! A job's a job, and it's a lot easier to trade up jobs than it is to look for one when you're unemployed.
>>
Currently at a conference in Denver paid for by my university.

Graduating in four weeks with my bachelor's.

Commissioning in the Army as 2nd LT when I graduate.

In contrast:

Broke up with GF 2 months ago because "lolidkwhy"

Dying of crippling loneliness, regretting my decision every day.
>>
>>27518247
Whoo for both! That reminds me, I need to go to the dentist myself (and look for a job, I guess), so you've gotten further than I have, at least. And hey, your teeth are already fucked at this point, so all you can do now is improve your situation, which is exactly what you're doing. The past is the past, just work on your future and don't beat yourself up over what is done.

>>27518316
Thanks man, things are going really well with her so I hope it ends up lasting a while too.
>>
>>27518383
D-damn man... I'm going to write that last sentence somewhere so i can refer to it to make me feel better about myself. I was just beating myself up and thinking how much of a miserable failure at life i was before. Thank you for giving me a bit of hope.

I wish i was on my computer so i could send an appropriate reaction pepe image
>>
>>27518368
Hey man, your academic/professional life is going really well, so keep that at the forefront and concentrate on that. How come your gf and you broke up? Are you over her or now quite yet?
>>
File: 1456282802361.png (240 KB, 322x473) Image search: [Google]
1456282802361.png
240 KB, 322x473
>starting college
>writing a book
>close to having gf

>mfw there's a chance for me to stop hating my life
>>
>>27518368
Can you get her back anon?
>>
Got an offer to study engineering at Cambridge university, even after having an autism attack in the interview.

Now I just have to deal with the crippling dread that I'll fail my exams and lose the place.
>>
>>27518480
Thanks, that's my tactic right now too, focus on shit I'm good at.

As for breaking up, figured I really didn't love her and I couldn't see myself marrying here. It was a year long relationship, but I decided to end it because I honestly just...wasn't enjoying it any more, and she wasn't someone I could see myself being happy with in the future.

Still hurts doe.
>>
File: 1457477408271.gif (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1457477408271.gif
57 KB, 300x300
I met a girl a little while back and decided that i'd regret it every day if i didn't try and make something with her. I started messaging her and thought she was just replying to me to be nice but it turns out she actually really likes me.

We went back to mine a couple of weeks ago and boned. I'm a huge sperg so it's a nice little accomplishment
>>
>>27518539
I'm jealous of your success anon I am a failure and have been one for 11 months.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 640x640
I'm planning to get my medical marijuana card on Thursday if I get paid.
>No more waiting for dealers
>Actually have a choice of bud I want
>Get first time patent discount/goodies
I hope I get my rec already I want to go to downtown and but those 20 dollars 8ths I hear about
>>
>>27518536
Congrats on the offer! Was the attack of the panic variety or was it just you fumbling over your words?

I am sure you will pass your exams. :)
>>
i used to run a popular twitter. it has a lot of followers and became a tumblr meme and got featured in some magazines and stuff.
>>
>>27518448
I'm glad I could help man. And honestly, you've done well, I'm literally hiding away in my room so I don't have to deal with my tooth, so you're doing better than most normies would be.

>>27518496
Hey man, if you can control your powerlevel, then uni will be the best experience of your life. Don't give up hope, you'll be in bliss once uni starts. Good luck bro(:

>>27518536
Man, you've already got an offer from Cambridge, so you have so much to be proud of. That's literally the hardest part, so if you're good enough to get an offer than actually passing the exams will be no trouble at all. Just don't stop studying and you'll be fine.
>>
>>27518533
I pretty much destroyed any chance to salvage it when I ended it.

She was pretty torn up, understandably so.

>>27518557
Honestly, even with all my success, I am still pretty unhappy and hate myself. I'm just able to mask it pretty well. Everyone on here gets angry and tells me to grow up, or claims I'm just making shit up, so finding consolation isn't often.

Trust me when they say earthly things don't bring you much joy, because I am just unhappy, only thing keeping me going is pressure to succeed, since I have been for years.
>>
>>27518607
It means a lot anon it really does. I was just wallowing and half heartedly thinking about suicide but your post made me feel better. I'm teethanon btw

I was wallowing from my issues like my teeth and the effects of my abuse for 11 long months and now i am trying to right a wrong. I feel badly for taking advantage of my retired parents.
>>
File: 1455117247309.jpg (442 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1455117247309.jpg
442 KB, 3000x2000
>>27518607
>Don't give up hope, you'll be in bliss once uni starts. Good luck bro(:

Thanks man, I'll do my best trying not to fuck my shit up
>>
>>27518632
Wow thats pretty rough i had no idea. I always thought that success and money made people feel happy but come to think of it i was happiest at my shitty minimum wage job then any other time in my life.
>>
File: 1448127993808.gif (904 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1448127993808.gif
904 KB, 150x150
>all these normies
You just can't control yourselves, do you?
>>
>>27518600
Just the regular "oh-god-what-are-words" variety. I think I sat there stammering for about 3 minutes before I answered the question. Thanks man, it means a lot.

>>27518607
That's what I keep telling myself, still doesn't help that much. But it means a lot brother, thanks.
>>
>>27518539
If it helps, you did the right thing breaking up with her. It'll hurt because you're currently lonely, but either taking your mind off it or finding someone else, even if it's just a rebound, will help you out tremendously.

>>27518556
Whoo, congrats! Stuff like this feels even better when you know it's not something you could usually achieve. And anyway, even if things don't work out at this point, you know you did everything you could and got a lot out of the situation.

>>27518560
I'm down in the UK so I'm stuck with my weed and MDMA dealers, but I'm happy for you.

>>27518603
Congrats bro! What kind of twitter is it? My friend runs a football prediction twitter with several thousand followers, is it something like that?

>>27518658
I'm honestly really glad you feel better. Do you want to talk about your issues anon? I'll be happy to listen and try to help out if I can.

>>27518668
Don't worry, everyone in uni is really friendly, mostly because everyone is new and wants to make friends, but everyone is too old to make fun of people anymore. Fucking up is practically impossible, even the overweight anime-watching board-game-playing nerds have plenty of friends.

>>27518719
Oh don't be so judgemental, friend, and come join us. What good stuff has happened in your life recently?

>>27518725
I know panic doesn't work like that and you can't just talk it away, but you honestly will be fine, and you honestly have no cause for concern. Good luck in Cambridge, bro(:
>>
File: IMG_20151030_234441.jpg (250 KB, 1024x722) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151030_234441.jpg
250 KB, 1024x722
>24 year old lawyer
>full scholarship to law school
>finished Bachelor's degree in three years
>graduated magna cum laude
>National Honor Society
>Advanced Regents Diploma with Honors
>IQ high enough for MENSA
>no cavities ever
>won my first grade spelling bee
>healthy, supportive upbringing and family life
>4chan thinks I'm attractive
>>
>>27518266
Im trying to feel happy for you, but its literally crushing me at the same time lol
>>
File: OP.jpg (56 KB, 159x328) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
56 KB, 159x328
Recently I went on a thread and OP was a massive faggot, so I went on there and called him a faggot. pic related
>>
>>27518533
desu you are the worst kind of person, you deserve to unhappy about your gf. Maybe this is just what happens when you give a robot nice things it doesn't deserve them.
>>
>>27518855
Congratulations! No matter what else happens, your professional life is completely set up at this point. What are your plans for work, Mr High Flying Lawyer? (:

>>27518861
I'm sorry to hear that man, but that stuff will come to you, you just need to wait it out.

>>27518897
Oooh, meta, I like it.
>>
>>27518830
Teethanon here and id love to talk anout my issues. I went from robot to normie after university when i got out of my shell and got friends working a shitty minimum wage job. I was happy. I got the dumb idea to go to korea where it was a really abusive environment (no talking to others, constantly betrayed, constantly listened to, giant window wall where people stared at the only white person there, over worked and underpaid etc). I went to teachers college in my own country after and broke down in a practicum where the head professors got me time off and help like therapy and pills. After i finished school i couldn't stop thinking about what happened before and if i could handle it or not and i became miserable and stopped talking to friends and startes going on 4chan for my only means of communication. When one of my teeth melted off it was a wake up call that i had to get off my ass and do something and ive been working on getting interviews and dealing with my teeth and have a hygiene routine but i still feel like a total failure. I have no bf and no hope for someone helping me out of it or a future, my parents are getting fed up and the jobs im applying for are really low tier and may not pay for my teeth in time.... I feel like i failed in life and the teeth are a representation of that failure and i might as well do away with myself. Your comment did cheer me up but these are the issues i have been dealing with these past 11 months. Oh and my dog died in december.

Thanks for listening to the ramblings of a pathetic loser.
>>
>>27518929
I'm making chump change at the moment but I guess we all have to start somewhere. I'd eventually like a comfy job in a federal court somewhere so I can collect a nice government pension.
>>
File: 459691dz.jpg (156 KB, 863x752) Image search: [Google]
459691dz.jpg
156 KB, 863x752
>>27518929
>just wait it out
>>
>>27518170
>made a 4chan risk map in june and it's been played like twice since then by random hosters
>took a screenshot of gta 4, like in march 2013, put it on the wiki, and it's been reposted on gta 4 sites and used in people's video thumbnails and shit for a while now, even on an IGN article
>made it this far without killing myself too i guess
>>
File: 1452474892915.png (905 KB, 987x645) Image search: [Google]
1452474892915.png
905 KB, 987x645
>>27518170
Lost my virginity two weeks ago, and took my girlfriend's along with it. (9/10 A cup short hair tomboyish pervy cute blond)

Got a 30 on my ACT (I'm 18, a senior before the inb4 underage b&s) and Ivy League schools are mailing me and emailing me up the ass.

Life seems like it might be working out.
>>
>>27518975
I'm really sorry to hear about this, it seems that you've been having a really tough time. It sounds like Korea was a bit of traumatic experience that really affected you, and it sounds serious enough that it might be better for you to see a therapist about it. Have you talked to your parents about your experiences? I'm sure that, even if they're getting fed up with you. they'd be happy to help you out knowing the situation. As for neglecting friends, I did the same thing once. I got addicted to Dota 2 and for a year I stopped going to uni or talking to anyone and just played all day instead.
One thing I did learn from Dota, ironically, is that you have to make do with what you have now. So you're down by a rax and the enemy is farmed. You shouldn't try to blame someone, you should instead assess the situation and figure out what you can do to win. The same applies in life - you are where you are, and instead of blaming someone (even if it's yourself), you have to make do with your situation, and keep going from there. As for friends, try reaching out to them - you have have lost some, but there are plenty who will be happy to talk to you again and to help you out if you need it. Likewise, the bf will come in time, don't fret about it. In fact, the less you desperate you are for one, the sooner you'll get one.
Best of luck to you buddy(:
>>
File: goodsport.png (71 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
goodsport.png
71 KB, 230x230
>>27519166
>Life seems like it might be working out.

naivete in its purest form
>>
>>27519000
Your job will be fine, with your credentials you have nothing to worry about, it's just a matter of time for you.

>>27519004
I have a 7/10 face and I'm 6'2", and I still lost my virginity at 19. It is all just a matter of time, don't give up hope anon.

>>27519120
That's pretty cool, anon. What was the screenshot of?

>>27519166
It does indeed. Congrats man, things are going well, and they're bound to get even better, no matter what the other anons say. Good luck man(:
>>
Im finally going to college and my grades are pretty good so far. Going for a CCNA certificate. I Should be able to finish in less than 2 years.
>>
>>27519166

> Lost my virginity two weeks ago, and took my girlfriend's along with it. (9/10 A cup short hair tomboyish pervy cute blond)

I can't believe you fell for the "im a virgin too anon" meme.

Bet she didn't count blowies or anal.
>>
>>27518603
So you single handedly made a meme? Nice.
>>
>>27519282
I broke her hymen, pretty sure that means she was a virgin.
>>
>>27519166
>>27519282
Aaw bro, don't be so bitter. Anon's having a good moment, it's not cool to try and rain on his parade. Also, first anon, don't listen to this guy, girls aren't all "liars and whores". You know your girlfriend better than some random guy on the internet.

>>27519265
Good job man, best of luck. What are you studying?
>>
>>27518170
Doing good degree at good university. It's really fucking easy and I have lots of free time. I finally emailed the counsellor to ask for help which is something I've been considering for several months now. Maybe things will get better after all!
>>
>>27519166
i got a 30 on the ACT too

3.9 GPA and 2040 on the SAT

i got letters from the ivy schools too

AND I DIDNT GET IN TO ANY OF THE IVYS

abandon all hope now
letters =/= high chance of acceptance

extracurricular activities and minority status are more important than the classes you took which are more important than test scores
>>
I had sex with a girl.

It all happened so fast. We had literally 2 drinks (shared) and in the next few minutes she was on top of me. I thought we would just kiss for a few minutes, but then I felt a hand tugging on my belt. Once we got my Willy out, she grabbed it immediately and guided it straight into her. It burned and was tight, not very pleasant desu. She kind of just rode me while I sat there in complete confusion. The whole time I thought to myself "holy shit /jp/ was right, my Onaholes do feel better than the real thing". But then I did some thrusting of my own. When I pushed as deep as I could into her my dick was wrapped in surreal pleasure. I only did this three times though because I was still confused.
So she rode me for 5 minutes then we stumbled around in a parking garage for a while. Haven't seen her since, fucking bitch

>tfw I will never have sex again
>I lost my chance at wizard powers and didn't even get to cum
>>
>>27519434
I'm classified by the state as gifted, and that's the main reason all the Ivy's are all over my dick.
>>
File: 1458945404171.jpg (117 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1458945404171.jpg
117 KB, 375x500
>>27518170
I got a great job about two weeks ago and I'm graduating college next month! Also my band is recording next month as well!
I'm putting so many exclamation points because I still want to fucking die!
>>
I get hired right away at any business thats hiring, is this normal? In which case it may have to do with me living in a rich area where everyone already has a job. But I tell myself I look really presentable thats why I get the job right away. Recently got a job for Chase
>>
>>27519462
yeah, i was in a gifted program too, but in my state the gifted programs only go from Elementary to Junior High

In High School i took a bunch of AP classes that count for college credit, and i was convinced colleges would be impressed

that said congrats on getting laid
ive never done that ever
so congrats
>>
>>27519181
Thank you for the kind words anon i really appreciate it. My parents and friends all know about what happened in korea but im not sure if my parents connect it to how ive acted as of late. I should say something. I got therapy in school and it sort of helped but for some reason im not sure if it's the best option for me to do now./..i dont know if i would grt the help i need it wasnt that great in teachers college so i dont know if it would help me any now. Perhaps i should read some self help books or maybe journal... Thank you i feel like it is aerious but i just want to be well again. Thank you for the advice relating to DOTA at least you do understand where i am coming from. Its just so easy to blame myself and do nothing but i should really take what you say to heart. I was talking to my friends yesterday and many of them were very understanding about everything and for that i am blessed. I think perhaps going to church would be good for me as well...

Anyway thank you very much for talking to me. It means a lot to me that you are kind enough to talk me through this. God bless
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 750x1334
I am really, really, ridiculously good looking

Proof in pic
>>
i got a associates degree in multimedia- only took me like three years. stupid ass algebra

i survived a car accident, seven weeks at yale, a shit load of other places then home.
>>
>old lady in gym I haven't seen in a while said I'm looking better
>gf is going to great lengths to orchestrate her entire day to see me tonight after a single day apart because she misses me
>pulled nasty ingrown toenail out of foot
>getting paid to sit on a chair and watch a server rebuild while browsing arcanine

Things could certainly be a lot worse. This time last year I was stuck in a dead end retail job, 20kg heavier, much less muscle, in a heavily abusive relationship (a male being abused by a female? No such thing I hear the female cunts from /soc/ cry)

I now have a job that I think will be the launching pad for a career, I'm on track to have the best body out of all my friends, I'm making serious plans in my head to travel the world with my girl, and while I may be limping because I pulled the entire nail out including the root, at least I got rid of that infection.
>>
Yo my niggas
>go to community college not really knowing what to do
>best friend tells me to do the Physical Therapist Assitant program with him after we do our pre-reqs
>didn't get in first time after 1st try applying and 2 years of school
>re take some classes, take new classes to improve GPA
>reapply
>got a letter stating I made it on Monday
>my best friend didn't
>tfw 2 more years and I should be making dough
Feels comfy brobots
>>
File: 1458884920450.jpg (119 KB, 840x960) Image search: [Google]
1458884920450.jpg
119 KB, 840x960
>Currently have a 3.7 GPA with a double-major and a double-minor and 19 credit hours at my dream school, the one my dad couldn't get into, successfully juggling MCAT prep and outside study on top of that.
>This is after being a shitty student for close to a decade, failing in and dropping out of college my freshman year at another institution, entering a deep depression, having my heart broken, losing somebody close to me, and then wandering for a year.
>First time I've taken home straight A's since I was a kid, first time I've actually given a fuck pretty much ever.
>I got to live out a wonderful and epic high school romance, lose my virginity at a normal age, grow together with and get to know somebody worth having known deeply, and get my heart broken in order to find myself. I was in a relationship longer than a lot of marriages last, and it was with one of the most extraordinary and talented individuals I've ever met.
>Anybody who can get laid with a lisp deserves some credit.
>I'm probably the most textbook-autistic person I know, and it flat-out doesn't impede me. The gap between the weak,shit-smearing, tantrum-throwing, awkward, icy little prick I was and the person I've become just staggers me.
>I've somehow managed to go from a black sheep to somebody my family adores. I'm even a godparent.The fact that my little cousins love me, my sisters look up to me, and my elders trust me honestly makes me proud as hell, more than anything else.
>I can honestly say that my being alive makes the world a better place, and I know for a fact that I change people by being in their lives.
>I really do know that I'm different and special. I'm lucky enough to be tremendously gifted in a lot of ways, and enough people have recognized something in me that I'm willing to believe them.

It's not all bad.
>>
Alright
>weigh 180lbs
>highbar squat 445lbs(belt only)
>bench 275lbs
Feels good.
>>
I've lost 20 pounds since January. I'm 6'2 and 230 pounds, just need to lose another 10 and ill be at my desired body type.

Feels good man. I didn't even diet, just took up lifting weights and cut out snacks completely.
>>
>>27520523
>>27520493

Good on you, /fit/anons!
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.