[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Too lazy/dumb to achieve intellectual goals >Too lazy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 1448573792008.png (810 KB, 1280x1220) Image search: [Google]
1448573792008.png
810 KB, 1280x1220
>Too lazy/dumb to achieve intellectual goals
>Too lazy to achieve physical goals
>Too emotionally and socially retarded to get a gf

why am i still alive
>>
File: sad butt tru.jpg (47 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
sad butt tru.jpg
47 KB, 600x402
cos you're too depressed to commit suicide
>>
>>27516068
bump

someone reply to my thread of self-pity i don't blame, you i wouldn't reply

>>27516145
I'm at a level where, on average, it's bearable. I'd rather be fine, or worse so i could ignore the feelings of guilt about upsetting my parents
>>
Watch some mateusz m vids and get up becoming someone
>>
File: catterole.jpg (488 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
catterole.jpg
488 KB, 3264x2448
>>27516483
i dunno OP, if you're having frequent thoughts of killing yourself, that called 'suicidal ideation'

that's a pretty common symptom of depression, where one is fantasising about escape from everything on top of them - and the fact that you haven't pulled it together and offed yourself would be a sign that you're also extremely unmotivated

.. which is another characteristic of chronic depression
>>
>>27516538
Will watch some tonight, thank you

>>27516653
Definition of suicidal ideation is pretty spot on

I've been diagnosed with depression. I was given some SSRIs, but they made me sleep 18 hours a day, rather than the normal 12.
>>
File: look at is lil grumpy face.jpg (59 KB, 604x599) Image search: [Google]
look at is lil grumpy face.jpg
59 KB, 604x599
>>27516841
>Definition of suicidal ideation is pretty spot on

well i'm a chronic depressive who's been battling with suicide since adolescence, so i kinda know a lil sumfin sumfin

i've also been on several anti-depressants throughout the years before i found one that allowed me to be halfway functional, only sleeping at night rather than those 14-18 hours

might be worthwhile going back to your doc and trying to find something that works
>>
>>27517039
Which one worked for you?

I was given Citalopram. After I came off I asked for Wellbutrin, but was given Setraline, which is basically just Citalopram again.

I need help with motivation and energy, so I don't think drugs with sedative side effects are going to be useful
>>
File: ho young hero.jpg (86 KB, 432x380) Image search: [Google]
ho young hero.jpg
86 KB, 432x380
>>27517239
i've been using one called Mirtazapine for about 5 years now - it does have a sedative effect, so i take it one hour before i want to sleep and then i'm out for 6-8 hours

this has been really beneficial to me since i'm also an insomniac with extremely disturbed sleep

course one of he most important things about using any medication like that, is pairing the emds with therapy; because once the feels are put into the background, the mind needs to vomit out some of the root causes of that grief and process it

and because i grabbed some counselling for the root causes, and developed a half-decent support network with that new-found motivation, i've been relatively free of the suicidal ideation for about 3 years now
>>
>>27516538
i said i'd watch the videos, but i don't have the motivation
>>
>>27517464
i'm glad you're feeling better, how long until they found a medicine that worked? mirtazapine seems pretty unusual
>>
>>27517794
>i'm glad you're feeling better

i'm still chronically depressed, the meds just take the edge off - it's the talking it out with people i trust which really helps

as for the length of time it took, nearly a decade of trying different anti-depressants at varying doses
>>
>>27516068
>Too lazy/dumb to achieve intellectual goals
>Too lazy to achieve physical goals
>Too emotionally and socially retarded to get a gf

fuck it then, get comfy living or get comfy dying.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.