[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be anxiety-ridden pussyboy >in physical pain in anticipation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12
File: 1361987137361.jpg (55 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1361987137361.jpg
55 KB, 900x900
>be anxiety-ridden pussyboy
>in physical pain in anticipation of doing some things
>people say "you just have to stop being a pussy and do it"

Yeah, the best advice you can give to somebody with a problem is to stop having that problem? Fucking retarded normies.
>>
Realize that no one really gives a shit whether you fail or succeed

If you fail, no one can kill you over it. Literally the worst thing any asshole can do is laugh. You'll still wake up the next morning with something else on your mind/ something else you need to do.

The best is people complimenting you/ liking to be around you.

The trick I personally learned was to distance myself from my body. Like someone controlling a puppet from far away. Pretend that you don't care if the puppet dies, just do all the things you think are cool without being a faggot/ taking things personally. If anyone hates what you do, it's directed at the puppet.
>>
Meditation, mindfulness, escitalopram, study neurology to figure out what goes on in your brain.

Try CBT as well. If you keep pushing yourself to your limits, you should slowly conquer your anxieties.

Actually fuck it, I also suffer from generalized anxiety, and haven't done anything about it. Just keep on living this shitty life.
>>
>>25175950
I tried to get treatment and it didn't do anything good. She was telling me about breathing and sitting on my hands and shit.
>>
I assume you're talking about social anxiety? You need to slowly expose yourself to it on manageable levels.

Steps:
1. Walk around in public
2. Ask people for the time
3. Ask people for directions to somewhere, or where a certain street is
4. Start smalltalk conversations with cashiers or people working (they'll be nice to you)
5. Start smalltalk conversations with people at bookstores, in lines, sitting near you on benches etc.
6. Start approaching girls
7. [Bonus step] Go to middle of street and scream as loud as you can. (I used to do this lol)

As you do each step, it'll become easier and the positive experience should help alleviate your anxiety. Obviously you can't start at step 6, but start at step 1, get used to it, then go to the next step. This should take a few weeks or months, do it as much as you can.
>>
>>25175812
Anxiety is fucked, I've been struggling with it for years, but I've improved lot. Get off the drugs, booze, caffeine, cigarettes. Quitting smoking was great for me, I always felt like i was short of breath, now just having more wind makes me feel more comfortable. Get some medication, and get some exercise. Can't stress this enough, exercise really kills feels. Doesn't have to be weights. I take a weekly boxing lesson and train like a boxer. It makes me more confident because I feel able to defend myself. Start learning something, having to concentrate on a task takes your mind of other shit, and makes you feel good about yourself because your achieving something. Take care of the little shit, like cleaning, bathing, laundry etc. You have to feel good about yourself basically. Happy people are ridden with anxiety, they're too busy feeling good. It's a tall order, but I honestly believe you have to change your entire life to kill anxiety.
>>
File: pep.jpg (39 KB, 446x362) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
39 KB, 446x362
>>25176030
It makes my heart race just to drive around town. My car started smelling like oil and I guess I'm supposed to take it somewhere but all I can do is sit here and jitter. And just fucking thinking about doing the thing makes my chest hurt. I feel awful and I'm not even getting anything done.
>>
>>25176079
*happy people aren't
>>
>>25175917
>The trick I personally learned was to distance myself from my body. Like someone controlling a puppet from far away. Pretend that you don't care if the puppet dies, just do all the things you think are cool without being a faggot/ taking things personally. If anyone hates what you do, it's directed at the puppet.

I actually did something really similar. I forced myself to imagine that I was a video game character. You know how when playing a video game, you jump around, crouch, sprint, generally don't give a fuck when going somewhere. Just imagine it like that.
>>
>>25176030
This doesn't work unless you're a fucking normie. I had a job where I had to interact with people constantly for four years. All that happened was my anxiety got worse until I could no longer do my job.
>>
>>25176097
That could actually be serious enough to need medication. Maybe SSRI/SNRI or benzos. You don't want to be on them for life, but use them as a crutch while you figure out and improve the social anxiety bit.

And if you have real panic attacks, go to a doctor.
>>
>>25175917
how do i make myself into a puppet?
>>
>>25176134
OP here and this is how I feel. I've been working since 18 and being around people constantly and it never gets any easier. I feel like if I do try to talk to somebody then I have a negative experience that keeps me from doing it again and makes me want to be invisible.

The involuntary parts have been getting worse and worse. My brother made fun of me because I had to transfer the car and I was shaking and stuttering at the BMV.
>>
File: jerry.png (114 KB, 187x275) Image search: [Google]
jerry.png
114 KB, 187x275
what other advice could they possibly give? even if you're medicated, things will only get better if you are willing to step outside your comfort zone. it's pretty straightforward
>>
>>25176209
I think a lot of people think social anxiety is in your head, when in reality it's pavlovian conditioning. If you smack a dog when it barks, it'll bark then flinch. Likewise, there are always negative consequences to social errors, so if you make them often enough you'll become afraid to socialize, or you'll socialize in a timid way. You're the dog, and other people are beating you. And like the dog, eventually you will break and give up.
>>
File: 154194251054.jpg (69 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
154194251054.jpg
69 KB, 535x577
>>25176258
People use the medication as a crutch to get out and do things. Nobody seems to understand paralyzing fear.

If I had medication I would gulp it down and give it my best shot, but I'm supposed to go out and brave the world to get some anyway. I wish they would come to my house. The irony of that is that it would be almost as hard just to answer the door.
>>
>>25176258
Stepping outside of your comfort zone makes things worse, not better. Do you even know how anxiety works? That's like saying "you were beaten as a child? well you better get in a fight and get beaten again! that'll make you feel better!"
>>
>>25175812
Testing, testing, tezting
>>
>>25176284
So essentially being a socially disabled avoidant freak like I am is the result of being retarded for years and years and normies punishing me for it?
>>
>>25176352
Retarded or ugly (bad genetics). For some reason normies hate you when you're in their presence, so they criticize/bully you to get rid of you. Social anxiety, on a societal level, solves this problem by removing you from the group.
>>
>>25176327
then your fucked

might aswell end your suffering
>>
>>25176388
I wish more normies would tell the truth and give this advice right off the bat, instead of wasting everyone's time with feel-good nonsense. That would go against the just-world fallacy built into their heads, though.
>>
>>25175917
Holy fuck. You realize you're enlightened right? If what you say is true.

This is literally non-attachment
>>
>>25176439
>inb4 anti-buddha
>>
File: zz00chichizz.png (1 MB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
zz00chichizz.png
1 MB, 800x800
>>25176439
Can't tell if you're joking, but I've been able to do this since I was like 10

I thought literally everyone here has at least gone through these phases
>>
>>25176491

>I thought literally everyone here has at least gone through these phases

not sure what gave you that impression. the failed normies on this board shed tears because they were "rejected" by society. that's right, the people on this board *giggles* actually care about how normies feel towards them
>>
File: monk.jpg (28 KB, 288x389) Image search: [Google]
monk.jpg
28 KB, 288x389
>>25176491
If you realize the only thing anybody can ever do to discourage you living your life the way you want is ridicule, have the self-motivation do the things you want even if they involve self-control and discipline to a proper degree, and don't identify with your body and brain but with the consciousness controlling your body and brain

Then I'd sure as fuck call that enlightenment. That's non-attachment as shit, and basically the only way to live a happy life.

You may or may not wish to share your methods on how to achieve this state of being for the benefit of other robots
>>
File: enlightened.jpg (79 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
enlightened.jpg
79 KB, 496x499
>>25176192
Realize that you're pathetic, worthless, and would be better off dead. Like seriously, your life is meaningless in this vast universe, so who gives a shit. But then instead of actually killing yourself, think of yourself as dead, and now you are controlling a stupid puppet zombie. No real identity, no pride, no belongings.

Now let's just see where this guy goes. In fact, let's try dying in a spectacular way. No pussy jumping off the bridge shit, or OD'ing on meds. Let's see if we can fuck with the world, or put the puppet to use by making it a sacrifice for some greater cause, or something very small and innocent.

At first you might think you're some psychopathic god that can dish out cruelty or whatever. But then you realize it's kinda more fun to be nice and get somewhere. Or do very stupid shit to spite all the people who find their lives/ experiences/ statuses VERY important.

Just note, once you do this it's kinda hard to feel like you have any worth. But in a good way. You start seeing how that "I am entitled" attitude towards everything actually gets in the way of accomplishments/ true happiness for most people.

Life goes from sad, fragile, and depressing to just hilarious and awe-inspiring
>>
>>25176491
are there any techniques i can do to acheive this?
>>
File: 1449516826859.jpg (94 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
1449516826859.jpg
94 KB, 620x413
>>25176742
I just realized my advice is just a more elaborate twist to the phrase "kill yourself"
>>
>>25176030
>You need to slowly expose yourself to it on manageable levels.

if you ACTUALLY have social anxiety this will only make it worse, fuck off with this terrible advice.
>>
anyone know if you can neetbux from the government for social anxiety?
>>
>>25176810
Not him, but basically saying, your body isn't you. You gotta not identify yourself with your body and only identify with the "you" controlling your body

your body = your puppet or vehicle in experiencing the world
>>
>>25177034
What's the solution?

Please don't say that there isn't one. If I had known what to do I would have done it. I've been living a pretty fucked up and retarded life for years because of this.

For some reason everybody can easily comprehend how somebody would pussy out of fighting somebody or pussy out of suicide, but they can never imagine it applied to mundane situations. All you ever get is "be yourself".
>>
>>25177074
Relax and play this song
https://m.soundcloud.com/lobo_da_g/honey-i-shrunk-the-kidfaqqi-dissprod-by-empty-beats
>>
>>25177101
>What's the solution?

go to a therapist and get a prescription, the medicine will stop the anxiety and eventually fuck your brain up enough that you don't feel it anymore.
>>
>>25175812
you gotta write them off as being dumb, and look for a solution on your own.
>>
>>25177179
will listen to it later
>>
>>25176114
Imagining yourself in the third person also helps with dealing with actual fears. Like killing spiders (imagine it has a shitty runescape health bar and when you squish it a "2" appears above it), or imagining a roughly 3-4m diameter bubble around you when you're in high areas + scared of heights and limiting your mind to that area.
>>
>>25175812
It actually can be good advice though.

If you have an irrational fear of something then forcing your way through and doing it anyway can help. At the end of it you'll realise that you were worried for no reason.

I was like this with rugby at school, absolutely fucking terrified and didn't want to do it. After having a go and surviving a game I was happy to do it again. Same with the showering afterwards to be honest.
>>
>>25176030
Im too fucking scared to even leave home sometimes. I think someone is going to kill me whenever i take the bus or in any social situations.
>>
File: pepper max.png (256 KB, 1519x843) Image search: [Google]
pepper max.png
256 KB, 1519x843
>>25177953
Evolutionary trait

Your anxiety only built up because long periods of time away from other humans (even if it's just that you hang out at home/ play on the computer all day) is the equivalent to being ostracised/ separated from an existing community/ tribe/ whatever.

Naturally back in those days it was for a particular reason. If you were so ugly no one wanted to mate with you, or you did something that fucked everyone else in the tribe over, or something else.

But you didn't do anything wrong. Just go to Wal-Mart; you'll see people way uglier, way more rude, way more fucking disgusting than you.

You're fine; you just need to power through the awkwardness. Try practicing at home by watching videos of people vlogging or whatever and staring them in the eye/ smiling. It'll be like ripping off a band-aid; painfully awkward but once you get it over with it begins to be less of a problem.
>>
>>25175812
That anxiety you feel?
It is a habit of thought. Once you worked yourself up and you turned that into a habit.
You need to break that habit and make a new one.
>>
>>25175812
SHUT UP BITCH AND GROW A PAIR THEN YOU COULD SEE FOR YOURSELF THE EFFECT.
>>
File: f.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
f.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>tfw even breaks down with anxiety when someone on a server starts using ingame voicechat
>>
>>25178812
>we can't even win cause anon won't use his mic
>why don't you speak, anon?
>plug your mic in, faggot
why can't we have fun without using our voices to communicate?
>>
File: 1448829175110.jpg (97 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
1448829175110.jpg
97 KB, 850x565
>>25178899
>>25178812
internet/ gaming was the only place for us to escape, and that voice chat shit just brings reality right back to us
fucking sucks
>>
>>25176030
>step 4 and above
Nope. Can't do this one. I'm squirming just thinking about doing it.
>>
what about seeing a doctor and telling him you are struggling with anxiety, he will give you some benzos
>>
File: 1450818228894.png (35 KB, 361x174) Image search: [Google]
1450818228894.png
35 KB, 361x174
>>25176581
I was hoping to come onto 4chan and meet more borderline psychopathic assholes who had the "removed from the world" sort of mindset and indulged in weird shit/ trolling society

But instead it's just FaceBook 2.0, with people more blatantly sharing how lonely they are/ how inadequate they feel.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.