[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online Relationship Feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 500x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 500x248
Anyone else have a super unsatisfying friendship/crush/relationship with a girl or boy online? I'll start:

>meet girl on online forum for some JRPG in high school
>only interact with her in group RP threads and vaguely in off topic stuff
>she's into anime and visual novels so I add her to my MSN Messenger
>talk to her for a while and really start to develop feeling for her
>we talk about all sorts of stuff including sexual things but never talk about dating or get intimate, just curious teenager stuff
>see some random pictures of her and learn about her
>she's not incredible but she really makes me feel too happy
>she's going to an anime convention that I am going to as well
>ask if she wants to meet up, never really gives me a straight answer
> get there and message her a ton but she never responds
>even ask a random girl that kinda looks like her if she is this girl I know
>feel like scum and just wanna die
> get back from con and act like nothing is wrong but she didn't really talk to me after that, probably because I was an idiot

I've moved on and have a girlfriend and graduated in 4 years from a good school but I still think about how much I wanted to meet her.
>>
File: blur.png (72 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
blur.png
72 KB, 400x388
>>27469603

I used to

>Have crush on online boy
>He doesn't like me
>Unrequited love
>etc etc
>>
File: 1459086609494.jpg (50 KB, 840x960) Image search: [Google]
1459086609494.jpg
50 KB, 840x960
>>27469603
>trying to develop a serious relationship online
>>
>>27469652
I wish I didn't have to feel for people who didn't feel for me
>>
File: ksemi.jpg (253 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
ksemi.jpg
253 KB, 1000x750
>met a girl on a non-anime but still super dorky interest board when we were both thirteen
>both were nerds in small towns and got bullied a lot
>exchanged info and starting doing RP
>as we got older started doing calls and video chat
>talked about how we'd move to NYC together some day for college
>knew she was a type one diabetic but didn't think it was a big deal because she was super careful about it
>eventually become gf/bf as best we can on opposite coasts
>around fifteen she starts looking and sounding really shitty on video chats, says it's nothing
>eventually goes into hospital for kidney failure
>quickly declines and dies
>really just want to believe she's blowing me off but confirm it in her local obits
>never feel as connected with another human being as I did with her
>>
>>27469806

Sums it all up, familia. There's no point in getting invested in other people. You risk a lot and don't get much out.
>>
File: 1459007998984.jpg (94 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
1459007998984.jpg
94 KB, 601x508
>>27469825

roasties am i right?
>>
I dunno why but people getting stood up by a person they met online really disappoints me and makes me sad. Especially if they're like super excited for it.

Maybe it's because I sort of know that feeling of anxiousness and even excitement because I've met an online friend before, just they turned up. So just the slow realization that they're not coming, that even someone online has abandoned you...

Anyone remember that prank /b/ did where they made a catfish profile on OK Cupid and invited a bunch of guys to meet them at a place in New York where there was one of those cameras that streams 24/7 and all these guys turn up and they come to the realization and some have gone through a huge ride to get there and gone through a ton of effort like bought flowers. It was more sad than funny to me.
>>
>>27469825
What was the dorky interest?
>>
>>27470194
Wasn't around for that but I agree about getting stood up by online friends. Something just feels so meaningless after getting ditched by people who can just cut you out of their life with so little effort. Like the whole time you spent with them was just disposable.
>>
>>27470508
Also the whole idea of the fact even overweight autistic bronies can make friends online but you can't even do that.
>>
>Browse an online forum for a video game
>Semi popular forum back in the day
>I'm a freshmen in highschool at the time.
>See this girl's username, we never talk though.
>One day she randomly messages me.
>She is a female and I'm a faggot 15 year old so I message back
>We start talking
>We continue talking throughout my freshman year of highschool.
>Played online games, shared anime and fanfiction
>Eventually ask her out during the summer of my freshman year, at this point we had been talking for about 6 months
>She declines
>really sad for a while, get emo
>eventually move on
>Keep talking to her
>2 months later
>talking with her about something stupid, she's been really friendly recently.
>Keep telling myself that It's in my head, absolutely refuse to make any moves after getting BTFO
>I say something along the lines of "What is the problem?"
>She says she likes me
>We start dating.
>date all of my sophmore year of highschool, literally drop all of my in real life friends just to spend more time with her
>break up mid-way through junior year
>she was a blonde qt swedish girl
I still think about her all the time. Online relationships are weird, especially ones from pre-2010
>>
>>27470508
>>27470551
Oh and if its a grill and they don't meet, then you know its a catfish so it's another waste of your time.
>>
>>27470593
The worst part for me is that these relationships feel so natural since its centered around shared interests and you really care about them but it always falls apart for some reason.
>>
I once met this girl in a chatroom. She and I quickly became great friends, not gf, but I didn't really want to date her. We were pretty close and one day on skype she started telling me about how her step dad was getting more aggressive and how it was scaring her. I tried to calm her down. Later on she kiked me about how she might be put into a foster home. A week or so later I tried to kik her and her phone was disabled, Skype offline, etc. I haven't talked to her in a couple years.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 316x202) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 316x202
>>27470791
Fucking piece of shit parents FUCKKK
>>
>date a girl from AZ online in 2013
>cheats on me with a girl
>that girl cheats on her
>a few years later my ex gets a bf
>dies

Her getting cheated on was satisfying but Holy fuck her boyfriend didn't need to die
>>
>>27470791
Reminds me off that story about that Arab TF2 player who left and never logged back into steam again
>>
>>27471029
Conflictedfeels.png
>>
File: chappie2.jpg (54 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
chappie2.jpg
54 KB, 800x430
>tfw posted on /r9k/ while underaged last year
>wind up in ldr with robot
>didn't want to be, because intimidated by age difference, ghost them because too beta to say so

I'm sorry
>>
I've had a few. I'm 22 now and the majority of them happened when I was in the 14-16 age range. They were varying degrees of fucked up. Mostly they were just a bunch of people pretending to be dudes on the internet. I don't really care about those anymore.

The one that fucked me happened in March of 2012. I was 18, just a few months shy of graduating high school. I had fallen into the sort of melancholy that lots of people like me fall into when they realize that they've spent the majority of their high school years living in the fantasy world that the internet represents for us. I'd played Katawa Shoujo and talked about it to a few of my pals. A guy I wouldn't really call a friend showed me the profile of a girl he'd found on a chat site. She was roleplaying as Emi. We talked, roleplayed, and generally enjoyed the presence of one another. She was really sweet.

I found out her name was Kei and that she was a second-generation Japanese immigrant. She didn't have much but she was smart and very kind. We were the same age but she was probably smarter and better off in life. She was in line to be valedictorian of a huge high school while I was 31 out of a class of 36. But, we shared interests. She introduced me to a lot of things I thoroughly enjoy now. Danganronpa, Persona, Fate/Stay Night, she got me interested in all sorts of neat things.

Kei had a problem. When she was sixteen, she'd been hit by a reckless driver and her leg was badly mangled. It had to be amputated at the knee. Despite that, she always had a very sunny disposition about her. No matter how bad things got, Kei never let the world get her down. I think, more than anything else, that's what made me fall in love with her in short order after saying I was done with dating, online or offline, until I got my life together.

More in the next post.
>>
>>27471279
The thing that really surprised me was how Kei interacted with my friends. Around me I gathered a rogues' gallery of similarly disgruntled youths, older guys who played Call of Duty while drunk, and a few people from my school. Despite being jerkwads of varying degrees, they all managed to get along with her as well. I got introduced to her friends and they were all varying degrees of alright. People worse off than myself with a problem or two. Kei had a motherly streak about her, I guess.

We had great chemistry, too. She laughed at my corny jokes, got just a little bit bashful when I said cheesy, romantic lines to her, and I loved listening to her play on her guitar. She played everything from Pink Floyd to MCR to CCR to Rolling Stones before doing awesome guitar riff versions of whatever anime theme she was into.

Months passed. I had messed up bad and it didn't even look like I was going to graduate. But I resolved myself because of one thing: as stupid, cheesy, and corny as it was, I said I would only tell her how I felt if I managed to graduate high school. So I did. I completed a science course that should have taken me a year in two months. The night I graduated from high school, I ran home and I told her that I loved her. I told her that she made me happier than I'd been for the past four years of my life.

Surprisingly, she felt the same way. That made me happy. I'm sure someone knows that quote that goes like "I was a gust and she was a hurricane." That's how I felt about her. And to have my feelings requited was amazing.

It didn't last, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1023x986) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1023x986
>>27471449
Anon why didn't it last? I'm dying here.
>>
File: ok.webm (179 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ok.webm
179 KB, 1280x720
>>27471029
>mfw

It's a lesbian, not a person. Chill.
>>
>mfw heavily invested in a qt from Texas and considering flying across the US just to meet with her

I really hope it works out but I know better than that at the same time.

>>27471449
W-what happened man? Did we lose a Fate/Stay nigga?
>>
>>27471449
That summer was a pretty fun time to be alive. I was free from school. Looking back to this day, I kind of miss it. But there, eighteen, less overweight than I've ever been since the beginning of my adolescence, with a girl I loved cheering me on, it was the greatest time to be alive. I was free and I was going to university. Well, a community college at first. But I was still getting a higher education.

My father was getting sick, though. He had lung cancer. The kind that would probably come back. I remember sitting up with him late one night while we were at my brother-in-law's vacation house and telling him about Kei. In eighteen years, I had never once told my father about a girl I had feelings for. I told him about her interests, how smart she was, and all sorts of other things. I told him that Kei just had her mom just like I had him and nobody else. "I kinda wanna meet her mom one of these days. It'd be nice to see what having a nice one would be like."

"I think you just wanna meet Kei." Something about my dad saying that made me bashful. I very rarely get bashful over that sort of thing.

But, alas, during a conversation, I said something. Something innocent enough. A question about her that seemed to trigger deep depression. And we drifted apart. It was nothing very big or dramatic. Later, I found out from one of her friends that she was dating someone else. This fucked me up very, very badly. More than it should have.

Of course, all my friends lined up to cheer me up. "Bro that was a guy anyway. The mic quality was bad and she sounded like a vocaloid" one said. "Eh, she was a bit of a weeb anyway" another said.

Maybe it's low self-esteem but the statement that always sticks with me was from one of the few women I manage to keep as a friend. "Maybe she just wanted an excuse to get you out of her life and she found it".
>>
>>27471637
All the momentum that had been building fast and steady was lost as my emotions spiraled. It's cliche and it's stupid and it's the same shit you hear in anime but I'd built up a wall around my heart and she found a way to get inside. I loved her. And then, she was just gone.

My family weren't very understanding with the exception of my dad. They all wondered why I didn't go to class in college. They assumed it was for the same reason that I hadn't gone before. That I was just lazy and that I was wasting my life. But the pain of knowing, for a brief moment, what love was, even when we were thousands of miles apart, and having it go away with a whimper, took all the color out of life.

I eventually missed too much class. I was withdrawn. And I sat. I sat and watched the other person I cared about, my father, die as his cancer returned. And I sat, not doing much of anything, for two years.

But I slowly put the pieces back together and I'm trying to move on. I'm in college once more. My friends still talk shit about Kei when she's brought up but, honestly? How it ended doesn't take away from the time we spent together. There will be some part of my heart that is always Tanaka Kei's, no matter who or what she really was or where she is now.
>>
Majority of online relationships are either future stacies who ditch you once they find a real guy, secretly gay guys, or the most common, complete fucking nutcases.
>>
File: Arwen-Aragorn-m(1).jpg (88 KB, 400x473) Image search: [Google]
Arwen-Aragorn-m(1).jpg
88 KB, 400x473
>>27470218
Fantasy literature, mostly Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia. We literally had our own little world that we built together that was largely based on Lord of the Rings where we were both immortal rulers of this whole realm that we had to vanquish of evil.

I still have pages and pages of our old RP logs that I read through basically every day.
>>
>>27471790
She sounds catfishy as fuck. Absolutely everything about that story I've heard before. I've had it happen before. They left you because they started to genuinely like you, so they mercy killed you and came up with an excuse to leave. It would have been far worse.
>>
>Getting into online relationshits
I'll read your story later but whatever happened you had it coming
>>
>>27472480
thats so sad sorry anon
>>
>meet a cute girl (?) in a kinky /a/ thread
>a few people exchange emails with her
>she tells me they were boring or too weird but I get her
>we start a stupidly sexy ERP in between talking about ourselves
>really get into it
>timezone difference, only stay up posting until midnight to try and stay normal
>4 days later she doesn't turn up
>she never turns up again

Did I do something wrong? Did she die? Did she find someone better? This is why I always fear internet people. They can vanish without a trace. I just wish I knew she was still alright. She made me happy. I would have stayed up until 6am if I'd known how fleeting our time would be....
>>
>>27473244
I agree with this, I've had it happen too and it's horrible.
One can never really fall for it more than once, though.
>>
>on /mu/
>skype group advertised
>turned out to not be cool but i met a cool person in it
>talked in this group for a while, specifically one guy
>we eventually begin talking in private, listening to music together
>long story short, start dating online september 2014
>i haven't seen too many pictures of him up to this point, one or two
>fuck it, something about this feels really right
>book a ticket to see him
>skype video chat every day in the days leading up to the trip
>meet
>lose virginities to each other, have a great week together
>????
>1.5 years later we're still together over the internet, have had a few visits since
>in two years i'll be moving back to my hometown which is 3x the distance from where he lives
>>
>>27474500
There's just a ton of yellow flags. The sob story and such, the fact that she has a similar injury to the character she roleplayed, the fact that someone else thought she was a dude. The sudden break up.

I'm guessing they never went on webcam? Probably using their leg as an excuse? They're not red flags, but yellow flags. I've seen it all before.

I think you encountered a catfish with no intention to be malicious. E.G. the reason why they're called Catfish, if you've seen the documentary.

Malicious Catfish do it for nudes or money or both, the non-malicious types, do it for the reason they're named Catfish. So they can keep going, they keep going by entering this false life and I think that's who you encountered. But you got too close with them, so they had to cut you out as it's easier than admitting the truth.
>>
File: wheq456.jpg (96 KB, 696x1148) Image search: [Google]
wheq456.jpg
96 KB, 696x1148
>>27474023
Thanks. I honestly spend a lot of time thinking if I would have rather never met her and grown up to be a more functional human being, or have had that much love but live with the grief the rest of my life.

I have a decent job. I live on my own. But I'm irl hugless kissless and don't intend to change that. It's like living with a ghost for ten years.
>>
>>27469603
>on omegle once
>was bored so decided to wind up strangers as you do
>happen to talk to female who's actually pretty funny
>give eachother kik usernames
>messages me, start talking get on amazing
>she lives in same country but on the other side
>we tell eachother what we can't tell people in real life for fear of repercussions or whatever
>it's now been about 2 1/2 years of continuous talking
>never met, probably never will, but she's good to vent to when things get too much
>it's like an escape sometimes from my real problems
>feels good man
>>
>>27474334
It really sucks when an internet person never vanishes, it means 4 things, all of them shitty

1) They are dead
2) They're in a horrific situation with no internet like being homeless
3) You hurt them in some way and you dont know what you did wrong or there was something wrong with you
4) They found someone else and were just using you, now they dont need you.
>>
>>27475823
I find when you look for online friends, they don't come along, then when they do, it's when you least expect it, you find someone and you initially think "Alright, another generic conversation" then you start being like "Oh." That perk up that they do when they start typing faster
>>
i got cat fished by a girl being the wrong age.
She said she was 19 year of age while was 20.
when i finally got the courage to visit her, her mom sent me a message telling me she was only only 16.
so i stopped talking to her.
I mean 4 year of age isnt to bad but she was still considered a minor, and also she pretty much lied to me so i lost a lot of trust in her.

Funny thing is i met her through r9k.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.