[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Things millennials say:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 14
File: pajja.jpg (111 KB, 1160x629) Image search: [Google]
pajja.jpg
111 KB, 1160x629
>"Change my own oil? Do I look like I have a degree in mechanical engineering?"

>"the toilet has been running for 5 minutes after I flushed it... better call the plumber's emergency number"

>"I'm 30 and have no idea when and if I should put antifreeze in my car"

why are millennials so helpless when it comes to anything not dealing with technology?
>>
>>27468652
their daddies were too busy attending feminist lectures and having homosexual affairs to teach them anything
>>
>everyone faps to traps

>I actually like the 2013 Evil Dead more than the original

>The past wasn't any better. Take off the nostalgia goggles!
>>
Every generation has useless people who need babied through every little thing in life.

Acting like it's some new thing because some of them had the internet as a teenager or kid is pretty dumb tbqh.
>>
File: swo.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
swo.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>unironically starting a "I hate my generation" thread
>>
I think like 80% of this board is millennials.
>>
>the toilet has been running for 5 minutes after I flushed it... better call the plumber's emergency number

This is more like "things retards say". I've been fixing this shit since I was 7
>>
>>27468652
Those are things their parents (especially fathers) should have taught them.

My father didn't so I had to teach myself lots of similar stuff.
>>
>>27468652
Not only that, but they seem to be proud of their inability to take care of their own problems.
Which, now that I think about it, may be why millenials defend Bernie Sanders so voraciously. Maybe being helpless is their way of life.
>>
>"the toilet has been running for 5 minutes after I flushed it... better call the plumber's emergency number"

Heh, I had this problem a few days ago. I guess I should be pretty proud of myself for fixing it. The damn floating thing broke right off the arm, had to buy some super glue to fix it.
>>
they're not helpless, they're lazy. any one of them could easily spend 15 mins on google and youtube learning how to change oil in their car, for example.
>>
>things the "greatest" generation say
>i'm 30 and have no idea how to saddle a horse
>when they say depression they unironically mean the mental illness
>working 16 hours a day? do i look like i have no employee's rights?

why are these kids useless at anything that isn't combatting facism?
>>
>>27468779
>tfw realizing there are people on this board who are too young to be considered millennials
>>
>>27468779
It's literally the grand majority of 4chan except for the rare actual oldfag.

You have to be born before the early 80s to not be considered one these days, since people don't seem to understand what a millennial is.
>>
>>27468835
>The damn floating thing broke right off the arm,

can't believe you passed up the opportunity to use the word "ballcock"
>>
>mfw i asked my dad to teach me shit
>mfw he said to figure it out myself

And that's why I didn't learn to fry an egg until I was 20 and change a tire until I was 25.
>>
>>27468652
>millenials
>30 years old

really? I'm 30 and have almost nothing in common with a 20-something year old or younger. for fuck's sake I didn't get the internet at home until I was 17 and didn't get a cell phone until I was 26 years old.

Then how fucking old are you? fifty?

Also
>plumbing
>cars
>not technology
>>
>>27468923
>Having the internet as a teenager

You're a millennial, have fun being grouped in with the ten year olds toting smart phones like everyone else here.
>>
>>27468923
OP is 14
>>
File: 308958_1318869786617_317_300.jpg (98 KB, 317x299) Image search: [Google]
308958_1318869786617_317_300.jpg
98 KB, 317x299
>>27468923
Being poor has nothing to do with whether or not you're a millennial.
>>
You can google every single one of those things.

I repaired a fucking motorcycle and taught myself to draw off of youtube. If you're dumb these days you deserve to be dumb.
>>
>>27468900
same, except that in my case my dad wouldn't let me use the kitchen and my mom wouldn't let me wash my own clothes.

I didn't start try to cook my own food until I was like 19 or 20, and didn't start doing my own laundry until I was 30
>>
>>27468964
>taught myself to draw
How did you not learn this in elementary school?
>>
>older generation making broad prejudiced statements about an entire group of people
>blaming said group of people for simply being members of said group
>not taking any responsibility for creating said problems
>>
>>27468900
My dad didn't even teach me how to ride a bike

>tfw 23 and can't ride a bike
>>
>>27468976
Because the only thing you want to draw in elementary are dinosaurs and cartoons. Which are easy as fuck and dont' count
>>
>>27468652
Fucking boomer. >>>/grave/ is that way.
>>
>>27468976
>thinking everyone is as priviliged as you

I grew up in South Sudan so wasn't really able to go to school due to the civil war. It was only when I came to the UK as a refugee that I could attend school.
>>
> weed is fun
>>
>>27469032
You have a stick and sand in South Sudan. You were just as priveleged. You had all the tools necessary to learn to draw. Bait harder next time you fucking nigger.
>>
>>27469065
>You have a stick and sand in South Sudan. You were just as priveleged.

Kek
>>
I still don't know who the millennials are. Are they early 80s babies? are they late 90s? One day I searched and it's so vast that I gave up caring. I have no idea if I'm a millennial. I'm 25 btw
>>
>>27468652
it's a combination of these two things:

>helicopter parenting:
so they have no life experience

>useless education system:
teaches them how to measure triangles and write essays about the oppression of women in Victorian England
>>
>live in a post communist shithole
>all the "boomers" are constantly talking about le good times when everyone had jobs and all that crap
>left me a shit country to """"""fix""""""
Guess I have the last laugh when they have their pathetic pensions.
>>
>>27469065
Not really considering I was recruited as a child fucking solider at 8 years old.
>>
File: 1415197576798.gif (217 KB, 263x368) Image search: [Google]
1415197576798.gif
217 KB, 263x368
>tfw no idea how to change oil, put air in my tires, etc.
>wouldn't even know where to start with changing a tire
>all I can do is check my oil and refill it when necessary
>hate driving and dealing with car problems
>I applied to a car dealership today because I need a job badly

I'm so fucked
>>
>>27469104
It's just a stupid buzzword for anyone currently under 35. If you were born before 1980 you're not a millenial
>>
File: 1448305374108.jpg (364 KB, 1018x744) Image search: [Google]
1448305374108.jpg
364 KB, 1018x744
>>27468652
>>27468717
>>27468731
>>27468825
>>27469064
>it's a "millennials complaining about other millennials, thinking they're any better" thread

Either that, or you lads are 40+ and you're posting on /r9k/ which is super pathetic.
>>
>>27468652
>30 millennials
Good joke
>>
>>27468962
>being poor

had nothing to do with it, having the internet at home in the 90s as just a regular kid with a regular family who didn't have parents who already worked in IT or some STEM field was just super rare because the internet was just seen as a useless novelty.

>>27468952
>le internet argument

okay so by that logic a 40 year old that used Netscape in 1994 as an 18 year old is also a millenial. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, might want to rethink that.
>>
This reminds me of a roommate I had, no one who is under 60 has any excuse for not knowing how to do anything nowadays with google being freely available to everyone. You have the accumulated knowledge of humanity at your fingertips and you are going to tell me you don't know how to use you washer and dryer? Wtf?
>>
File: 25TRAVEL-jp2-articleLarge.jpg (61 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
25TRAVEL-jp2-articleLarge.jpg
61 KB, 600x480
>>27468652

#kony2012
>>
>>27469104
>>27469156
>under 35

that's pretty stretched out, I thought generations only lasted 20 years.
>>
>>27469156
Ah, okay. I don't get the rapid hating on this generation tho. I met plenty of people that are self sufficient.

Seems like picking on the easiest target is just a form of bullying desu senpai. And with that I'm gonna go play a video game and maybe read before bed.

Have a good day /r9k/
>>
>>27469104
They're 'Gen Y' which are kids born ~1980 - 2000, their parents were Gen X which were born 1960-1979.

Kids being born after 2000 aren't millennials or Gen Y, but they don't have a unique generation yet and get lumped in with millennials until they grow up to be worse little shits than we were.
>>
Why do millenials get so much flak for being useless?
It's always:
>son you can't change a tire, you're useless
>son you can't fix the plumbing, you're useless

And then:
>son come here and fix my computer, there's something wrong with it
>son how can I install this application on my phone
>wow I never knew you can do it with computer
>you should go into computers son, those guys are getting all the cash
Saying the last one after paying 30$ to a guy for 5 minute of cleaning of his PC.
>>
>>27468859
Top kek famer
>>
I was raised by a single mother, I don't know how to do anything.
>>
>>27468889
>TFW millenials to dumb to make toilet related puns
I blame the cistern.
>>
>>27468900
Yeah, it's all your dad's fault that you're a useless shit
>>
>>27469180
>>27468964

Exactly this. The only reason my parents and older siblings see me as some sort of underachieving tech wizard is because I know how to fucking use google.

My mom can't use google. you would think that it's like the easiest thing even but it always ends up being a god damn disaster. She doesn't read the search results and just starts clicking whichever thing pops up first which are almost always an ad or the facebook page of the thing she was looking. We end up with 14 open tabs and 7 new toolbars installed after an hour.

Speaking of facebook, she thinks that her e-mail account and facebook are the same thing.

My dad who's a little bit younger than her isn't any better either. He's actually the one responsible for setting the browser's homepage to cool-virus.com and having 14 toolbars and 4 different anti-viruses.
>>
>>27468652
I don't need to know any of that.
I can google it.
>>
b-but you guys are millenials too
>>
>>27469293
because older people just don't seem to understand that computer knowledge at this point is almost at the same level of knowing how to fix a car, or how to fix household stuff like a sink or toilet. they just think computer knowledge is a novelty
>>
I know how to fix all those and many more

I swear it feels like i was born in the wrong generation sometimes
>>
>>27469385
The point has been made that you're a millennial if you're not at the age where it's depressing to be on 4chan, or if you're younger than 7.
>>
>there are grown men out there who don't know how to change a tire
>nor would they ever have the tools to do such
pathetic mortals
>>
>>27468754
>Acting like it's some new thing because some of them had the internet as a teenager or kid is pretty dumb tbqh.

With instantaneous access to nearly infinite information there is no excuse for not knowing how to do things than men 50 years ago learned from their fathers.
>>
>>27469405
>LE WRONG GENERATION
>L
>E
>W
>R
>O
>N
>G
2 much 2 right
>>
File: 1441851075435.png (1 MB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
1441851075435.png
1 MB, 912x905
>there are people browsing this board RIGHT NOW who didn't grow up during the Great Depression
>they didn't even fight in WWII
>>
You have been muted for 7000 years, because your comment was not original.
>>
>>27469483
>there are people on the earth who were not alive during the battle of tours in 732
the heck man
>>
>>27469405

I bet you listen to classic rock because you were born in the wrong generation
>>
>>27469405
me too man XD i wish i was a teen in the 70s-80s when queen, the beatles and led zeppelin were on the radio XD thats REAL music not like justin gayber or niki minaj or whatever garbage my generation listens to XDDD
>>
>>27469391
I'm "only" 30 and have learned more about anything and everything in the last 10 years than I did in the last 20 thanks to the internet.

When I was kid, wanting to learn anything was a whole god damn ordeal of going to the library, looking up your topic on the card catalogue, narrowing it down to a few books usually spread out in different parts of the library, following the fucking dewey decimal system to see if the book is there, wandering around the book aisles and various tables some more to see if the book wasn't just misplaced, finding the book hopefully, browsing through the table of contents and then actual pages ot is if you could find what you were looking for, repeating that maybe two or three times, often not finding anything at all, going to another library, etc.

We did get computers just for searching the database in like 1995 or something, but they still weren't available online you still had to physically walk or drive or bike there.

now I spend literally a second typing words into my phone while taking a shit.
>>
>>27469546

It's like I'm actually on YouTube
>>
>>27469530
>he doesn't exclusively listen to Baroque

bahaha run along now kiddo
>>
>>27468775
/thr(original comment)ead
>>
>>27469293
>>son you can't change a tire, you're useless
>>son you can't fix the plumbing, you're useless

I wouldn't even be allowed to touch that sort of thing in our house without being told to leave it alone. My parents are the sort of people who leave things until its too late and end up paying for a new one because they need it asap.
>>
>>27469579
>>he doesn't exclusively listen to Baroque

I baroqued my wang to this post
>>
>>27469456
>having access to the world's information at your fingertips
>every person not having every PHD, writing books, and solving all the world's problems because of this access

Again, it's pretty dumb. People are going to be useless regardless of when they were born or how much access to information they have.
>>
>>27469546
>>27469562

~YOU SAY BIEBER
I SAY GREEN DAY~

~YOU SAY NICKI MINAJ
I SAY BLINK 182~

~YOU SAY MILEY CYRUS
I SAY AVRIL LAVIGNE~

LIKE THIS COMMENT IF UR A 90S KID WHO REMEMBER REAL MUSIC!
>>
>>27468652
personal finance class in high school didnt teach me shit, that was the on class i was hoping to learn something important and i didnt.

blame the schools honestly, they have u so worried about your future that they forget to teach you the simple shit
>>
>>27469657
>PHD

we're talking about things like bullshit with cars and plumbing that glorified wagecuck retards do for a living, not solving climate change and the Israel/Palestine conflict.
>>
>>27469674
93% percent of teens listens to miley cyrus, justin bieber and nicki minaj thumbs up if ur that 7% percent that listens to real music like nirvana, ac/dc and the beatles!!!
>>
>>27469717
>Implying the information needed to get a PHD isn't freely available on the internet or your public library

What's your excuse you useless millennial?
>>
>>27469780
>he doesn't knows about uni databases
>>
>>27469104
Gen X 1965-1982
Gen Y 1982-1995 (aka millennials)
Gen Z 1995-present
>>
>>27469817
I find it so strange that all of the grunge musicians were born in the 1960s and would all pretty much be in their 50s by now.
>>
>>27468652

Why is somebody reposting the chain emails my parents shoot around on 4chan?
>>
>>27469817
so people younger than 20, who grew up on iphones and were born around the turn of the century, AREN'T millenials?

doesn't make sense
>>
>>27468923
>didn't get a cell phone until I was 26 years old

You're either a luddite or lying, either way you don't represent 30 year olds as a whole. You were 26 in 2012, five years after the iPhone and 10+ years after cell phones became mainstream.
>>
Why would I need to know how to change a tire? I don't have a car, or a license, and never will.
>>
>>27470005
Dude got his dates wrong, but they're called millennials because they were in some stage of growing up when the year 2000 rolled around. Hence the name, anyone born after that isn't a millennial and doesn't have a named generation yet since it's new as fuck.
>>
File: check my dubs.jpg (72 KB, 1240x775) Image search: [Google]
check my dubs.jpg
72 KB, 1240x775
>>27470008
So? I'm just speaking for myself and yeah it did take me a while to get a cell phone, but on the other hand people were also using cell phones in 1983
>>
>>27470076
But you're saying that you're a voice for 30 year olds because you were slow as fuck getting a cell phone. I could understand not having a smart phone until 2012, but a fucking cell phone? Even my fucking 90 year old grandparents had a cell phone by then.
>>
>>27468652
>implying they won't just use google
>>
>>27469717
>bullshit with cars and plumbing that glorified wagecuck retards do for a living

You can learn how to do many things thanks to the internet. Doing them fast enough to make money in another matter. I have respect for mechanics and those involved in the trades. I played the tutorial and can kill the 10hp crabs in the noob area. Experienced trades people run top tier gear in the hardest dungeons.

I did a timing belt on my car. It took me 12 hours. A mechanic will have it done in 2 hours. I used to work on a landscaping crew. 4 of us did 35 tons of block for a wall in a week with 90 degree temperatures. Joe homeowner would have been lucky to get the wall base done in a season.
>>
>>27470133
>But you're saying that you're a voice for 30 year olds

I never said that senpai. Besides all that is besides the point. Sure we had the internet and cell phones in the 90s, but it was nowhere near comparable to what actual millenials have been raised on.

>Even my fucking 90 year old grandparents had a cell phone by then.

my parents were, and kind of still are, anti-technology idiots.

We didn't get wi-fi until last year. My dad only get a cell phone last year as well because of his new job that pretty much forced him to get one. My mom will never get a cell phone. Even if I bought her one she would stuff it in one of her junk drawers.

Hell I even remember when I was a kid and went to the library to go on the internet, I saw like 70, 80 year old ladies typing away in their newly-opened hotmail accounts like they were using a typewriter.

I'm a special case sure but generally speaking 20 years of technology and technology-intelligence when it comes to computers may as well be 200 years.
>>
>shit millenials say
This whole thread. Nuke it.
>>
>>27470294
>I did a timing belt on my car. It took me 12 hours. A mechanic will have it done in 2 hours. I used to work on a landscaping crew. 4 of us did 35 tons of block for a wall in a week with 90 degree temperatures. Joe homeowner would have been lucky to get the wall base done in a season.

yeah but in both of those instances you saved yourself hundreds of dollars and practiced a new skill.

or in the other case, joe home owner would have saved himself hundreds of dollars.

and it's the same thing with modern technology.

My dad once took his computer to a computer repair shop without me knowng about it.. Some fucking guy just defragged the hard drive and installed a free anti-virus software and charged him 80$.
>>
>>27470322
>millenials
>30 years old

Then backing up this point with personal things like not owning a cell phone until 2012 is what made it seem like you were speaking for 30 year olds as a whole.

>but it was nowhere near comparable

Nice goalpost moving. You'll find that whilst they weren't raised on them, most 30 year olds use technology just as much as 20 year olds or even 15 year olds. Also, generations aren't defined by technological leaps, so even if you weren't wrong it would still be a moot point.
>>
File: NJCBe3I.jpg (42 KB, 856x540) Image search: [Google]
NJCBe3I.jpg
42 KB, 856x540
>tfw I've been changing my own spark plugs and oil

Does that mean I'm a God amongst other millenials?
>>
>>27470405
>most 30 year olds use technology just as much as 20 year olds or even 15 year olds.

today, yes.

but not when 30 year olds were kids. When I went to school it was just pen and paper, we were lucky to have a computer lab by like 4th grade, now my sister's kids HAVE to get a tablet for school.

>Then backing up this point with personal things like not owning a cell phone until 2012 is what made it seem like you were speaking for 30 year olds as a whole.

doesn't matter because "millenial" is just a made-up marketing term with no real timeline.

I'm just talking about the difference in leap of progress of computer technology and culture around it, which is how most people refer to millenials anyways "those kids and their facebook smartphones"
>>
>>27470423
pretty much. if you advertised the fact you do those things, people would "hit you up for a favor"
>>
>>27470642
You sound like an old ass bitch probably cuz u is an old ass bitch u old ass bitch
>>
>>27470799

I'm Larry King bitch

http://www.c-span.org/video/?71677-1/radio
>>
>>27468652
>Tfw jury rigging might become degree tier

Rip all those diy sections in warehouses
>>
>>27469674

It's funny because everybody on that list are Plebs
>>
>Know how to change my own oil
>Do my own brakes
>Change my tires
>Do full tune-up, gap plugs, change wires, starter, filters PCV valve
>Have changed clutch, alternator, radiator, master cylinder, and throttle body
>Car still runs like shit because I'm too lazy to do any of that
Working on cars isn't very difficult, it's just uncomfortable and fucking tedious.
>>
>>27471064
That's the joke. Especially Green Day when that Time Of Your Life song was played in every movie or TV show episode about a high school prom or something.

Blink 182 was sort of alternative/edgy, but the 90s had a whole movement of alternative/edgy mainstream culture. Korn and Marilyn Manson were played on the same top 10 music video shows as Britney Spears and N'Sync.
>>
>>27468652
I live in Phoenix and have never needed to put antifreeze in my car in my life.
>>
File: blown sign.jpg (207 KB, 361x450) Image search: [Google]
blown sign.jpg
207 KB, 361x450
>>27471651

>tfw when antifreeze is also known as coolant
>tfw coolant keeps your car from overheating
>tfw "Phoenix"
>>
>>27468652
I know how to change my oil and when to put in antifreeze. I am a plumber by profession. So what is the point of this thread? Do people seriously not know how to change the oil on their cars though? What about changing out the brakes or changing the tire?
>>
>>27471840
Changing the tire I'll give a pass on. Not everyone has a compressor and tire machine at home. That said you should really get both. Tire machines are cheap and air compressors are fucking handy.
>>
>>27468652
You can't change oil unless you own a fucking garage, anon. It's messy as hell.
>>
>>27471772
It actually lowers the boiling point of the water, which is also a coolant.
>>
>>27471988
Naw man, just run the hose afterwards and it'll all wash away.
>>
File: gorsh.jpg (60 KB, 553x369) Image search: [Google]
gorsh.jpg
60 KB, 553x369
>>27471988
>jack, jack stands, drain pan

yeah a real fucking nightmare /s
>>
>>27470395
Apparently your time is worth nothing. Have you ever heard of opportunity cost? Joe home owner is smart unlike you and gets shit done on his free time instead of doing stuff, if done shoddily will end up biting his ass and costing way more than hiring the professional blokes to do it.
>>
>>27468652
Its like you are talking about me

But then again its 2016, and i know english so if i have some issues i can always ask google, english google cause italian sucks ass.
>>
Nonsense. I'm '97 and I do my shit myself. On the other hand, I'm from Balkans, 20 years behind the rest od the world. We're in mid 90s now, so "Millenials" aren't a thing here yet.
>>
>>27461542
>I don't understand AI
>mouse click

>wew lad >>27468731
>the last point

Dude, if you think that's incorrect you're awfully retarded.
>>
>>27472170

meh... you're italian. all you need to know is how to dress, how to cook, and that Fiat means fix it again tony.
>>
>>27468977
number one characteristic of millennials is rejecting the term millennial and not taking responsibility for generation

I'm in advertising, this is all we talk about

this coming from someone who is a millennial
>>
>>27472134
>Changing oil in my driveway
>Just about done
>Only spilled a couple drops on some cardboard
>Fire up the car
>Oil starts fucking shooting from around the filter
>Rainbow sheen everywhere
>WHAT THE FUCK
>Old gasket still on the engine
Maybe I'm just a cuck, but I feel pretty guilty about the environment when Ido something like that. Makes me want to get rid of my car.
>>
>>27469159
You are in the wrong place my friend. Let the big boys play.
>>
>>27468859
actual audible kek
>>
File: 1456624149568.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1456624149568.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
>that feeling when you learn practical things from YouTube cause your father always told you "I can do it myself, go play or whatever" and you felt like you'd just bother him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vczR-S7Ckrg
I wish this guy was my dad
>>
>>27472167
>landscaping
>professional
>biting his ass

kek yeah because planting a tree upside down, which only a professional landscaper can do, will cause the house's foundation to crumble.
>>
>>27469356
Puns are the lowest form of wit.
>>
>>27469134
Fucking hell m8, did they actually pull this shit? That's fucked
>>
>>27470395
>or in the other case, joe home owner would have saved himself hundreds of dollars.

He would have saved 25 grand in design, rentals, and labor. His yard would have been a mess for 3 years had he done it himself. Guy was pulling well over 6 figures. Worked for a few families where the husbands alone were pulling in $250k+

We did hose one family who had 3 teenagers who could pull weeds and push a lawn mower on a flat 1/4 acre lot. They got nicknamed "lazy kids yard". We found one their iphones they dropped 2 weeks prior in some leaves. Told the mom how to dry it out with rice and saved her a few hundred dollars.

>>27473056
The real money is in hardscapes like paver stone patios and retaining walls. Joe homeowner won't know how to set a retaining wall base. Trimming and planting are quick cash once you are skilled. Grass cutting is a wash unless you have dozens of houses in a neighborhood.
>>
>see guys with giant hipster beards, tattoos, etc
>they can't change a tyre
>>
I spent 15 minutes on Imgur which is mostly Millennials from Tumblr and Facebook. Literally the most retarded shit I ever heard and I thought Reddit was pretty retarded.

>US is so obsessed with oil they went to Iraq over it!

>It's fucked up how interest rates for a student loan is higher than a car or house!

>I think the government should pay for all of my mistakes!

>There's nothing wrong with being a slut. A prostitute should be judged no differently than a virgin!

>I'm 20 years old wow I'm so old The Fast and Furious is almost 20 years old!
>>
>>27473459
>It's fucked up how interest rates for a student loan is higher than a car or house!

but it is though, especially for someone who doesn't live in Burgerstan and hears about how university costs like 500 000$ or some shit and they're left paying off those loans until they're in their 40s or something equally ridiculous.
>>
>>27473514
Cars and houses have collateral. A college degree has no collateral. Economics 101.
>>
>>27468984
My dad tried to teach me how to ride a bike once. The trauma of him screaming "pedal! Fucking pedal!" Over and over again into my face made me develop a innate fear of bicycles for a very long time.
I can pedal a stationary exercise bike no problem though. I think the real problem is I don't have very good balance and coordination.
Sometimes when I'm pedalling on the exercise bike, my legs de-sync from each other and I think that's what caused me to fall of the bike so many time when my dad was trying to teach me.
Then again my dad's idea of teaching is to literally throw someone at it, and shout at them when they aren't doing it right, like the time he would constantly throw me into the swimming pool to teach me how to swim.
Needless to say I am a weak swimmer with a fear of deep water I can't touch the bottom off.
>>
File: reddit1.jpg (117 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
reddit1.jpg
117 KB, 960x720
>>27469356
puns are for plebbit
>>
>>27473565
>make sure that the poor get poorer and the rich get richer

American 101
>>
>>27468652
>Cars
fuck off normalfag
>>
>>27472994
My father always wanted me to help him but in the end i was just standing there wharching him, couldnt even ask questions cause he was the kind of guy who knows how to do stuff but doesent handle the "why" very good and i was very much a "why" kid
>>
>>27473708
This idea is the basis of Western """"economics""""
>>
>>27473791

#notallwesterncountries

at least as far as education goes

A least few countries offer free university education for their own citizens and even foreign students
>>
>>27473708
>>27473791

Didn't know /r9k/ was full of normie retards that never took Economics.

>>27473791
There's no such thing as "Western" economics. Take an economics class.
>>
im gen x and i can't understand this snapchat thing
>>
>>27468779
80% of this board is too young to post here (but does anyways).
>>
>>27473942
>look at me I'm so smart in my first semester of college and with my collection of Ayn Rand literature

kek
>>
>>27469134
They have soldiers for fucking children? Jesus, that is 3rd world.
>>
>>27473942
>Muh conomics
Economics is not a real science you retard, its political.
>>
>>27468652
>>"the toilet has been running for 5 minutes after I flushed it... better call the plumber's emergency number"

i work for the gas company . you have no idea how many of these faggot fuckers call our EMERGENCY LEAK number and make up some shit to get us right out because they cant figure out how to light the pilot light on their water heater.
>>
it's the same price or cheaper to drive into quicky lube than to change oil yourself usually. I have never put antifreeze in a car because it does not need to be changed regularly.
>>
>>27473640
>My dad tried to teach me how to ride a bike once. The trauma of him screaming "pedal! Fucking pedal!" Over and over again into my face made me develop a innate fear of bicycles for a very long time.

Split my sides reading that
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.