[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys have jobs? What do you do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10
File: 1459114321880.jpg (323 KB, 711x965) Image search: [Google]
1459114321880.jpg
323 KB, 711x965
Do you guys have jobs? What do you do?
>>
I suck feminine dicks for a living.
>>
I dynamically procrastinate emerging markets in the south east asia area.
>>
military fag

hate my job
>>
I suck dicks for change.
>>
Lifeguard over here
>>
Database administrator
>>
Working at a tourism agency, not that bad.
>>
Nurse.

I'm really good at memorizing drugs, their interactions, doses, etc. But I'm shit with dealing with people. So I sit in a basement, typing up case studies and shitposting on /r9k/
>>
>>27465644
Service and repair of surgical hand drills.
It's pretty mediocre.
>>
>>27465744

Sound pretty comfy m8
>>
Sysadmin, posting from work RN actually.
>>
BI&DWH consultant
>>
>>27465789
you daredevil you
>>
web developer
>>
I'll rim your asshole for $3.
>>
Quit my job, paying 5000$ for truck driving school.

it's a shit ton but at least the company I iwll work for will give tuition payback.

I just don't know how to live on 1300$ for 2 months seeing how I have medical problems.
>>
I'm a reacently turned 21 year old who works during college breaks at Costco.
I make 13 an hour with 20 on sunday so thats not too bad for my age.
The frustrating part is the amount of basic labor you still have to do though "I wouldn't push karts if I wasn't getting payed this much to do so"
Im majoring in accounting and finance because I couldn't handle pre med.
Thinking of getting a better job with my business degrees though Costco and working to pay off school then going back to either try med school again or PA school.
>accounting is useful but sucks the soul out of you no amouny of money is worth that
>>
>>27465897
Pure satire of the thread and the people ITT. I like that.
>>
>>27466015
You are doing great. I'm 28 and was only making 10$ an hour. I flunked out of premed too.
>>
File: o-1442558180023.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
o-1442558180023.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
>>27465644
Deliver pizzas.

It's pretty fucking awesome. Spent the last six years of my life rotting away in my bedroom as a NEET hikki. I don't miss it. The only thing I don't like about my job is how much wear it puts on my car.
>Tfw driving 1330 miles/month
>Tfw $250/month goes to gas
Must acquire second shitbox.
>>
Project engineer for a highway construction company.
>>
>>27465644
emergency medical technician. was previously a line cook for like 5 years, wageslaving away in kitchens. desu i only make 15$ as opposed to 11$ when i was a cook, but i love my job now
>>
File: 1457102495002.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1457102495002.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
I'm a cop, it's not great.
>>
Certified Ass Handler
>>
File: 1453009370886.png (63 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
1453009370886.png
63 KB, 400x275
8 months ago I worked at a call center. Now I'm a stay at home boyfriend. My girlfriend switched companies around the time I my job went under and got a huge pay raise. I tried getting a new job too, I just think she enjoys having meals cooked for her when she comes home and a clean house.
>>
>>27466054
Derp'd. $220/month to gas, not $250. Also after gas, bills, and taxes, I'm making about $1400/month.
>>
>>27465644
I'm a tarot reader.
>>
>>27466062
Yeah EMS was fun. Sometimes you get discounts at food places. Girls sometimes love the uniform.
>>
>>27466084

She sucks off her boss at work for a raise,
You play mmos and fap yourself into a day daze.
>>
>>27466063
Ever kill someone?
>>
>>27466063
I'm about to cop that boipussi you fuccboi :o
>>
>>27466097
i just got certified and started working, so im really new to this. any stories or advice or anything u have to offer? are you currently still an EMT or did you change your field?
>>
>>27466083
Have you ever gone to work on your mom and said, ''this is too much for me''?
>>
I'm a former WCW welterweight wrastlin' champion.
>>
>>27466106
Yeah, just one person.
>>
>>27465644
Im unemployed
Just applied for neetbucks
Run a small youtuber channel for spending money
>being on this board and being employed
>>
I quit my job as a garbageman, largely due to laziness and stress. I've been unemployed for a month and I'm kind of miserable now, but at least I get my tax return back soon.

I'm 21 and live with my parents, I feel like such a loser. I used to go to barhopping a lot on Friday and Saturday night when I was working and it was fun, but now I really can't start doing that again until I have a job.
>>
Somalian Pirate
>>
wishdasher
>>
File: 1451597891114.jpg (118 KB, 617x634) Image search: [Google]
1451597891114.jpg
118 KB, 617x634
>>27466063
Why?

>>27465644
In Uni right now. Might end up a NEET after graduation.
>>
>>27466063
What's the worst part of your job?
>>
Last year med student.
>>
Entry level IT, currently part-time.
>>
File: LaughingElfMan.jpg (16 KB, 255x352) Image search: [Google]
LaughingElfMan.jpg
16 KB, 255x352
>>27466173
>he thinks being a garbageman is stressful
>>
>>27466136
I was an EMT a long time ago like 4 years.

It's good and it seems like you are making good money I only made 10$ an hour doing it.

My advice is. When tying a crazy women, also tie down her thigh's if she is resisting. But make sure a woman is present. It sounds creepy but a woman's powerful legs and thighs can not only crush through restraints, they can ball break you.

There really is so much advice I can give you I wouldn't know where else to start. One is PROTECT YOUR BACK, I threw my back out just dead lifting a nice 80 yea old lady out of her wheelchair. So you know always lift with your legs,etc. In a pinch you can use your stomach muscles but be careful when doing that. I pulled my oblique lifting a person and it still haunts me. Not as bad as the back but it can still hurt.
>>
>>27466199
Why am I a cop for why it's not great?

>>27466203
Dealing with Black people. It has to be said.
>>
>>27466173
I'm 27 and still live with my parents. Don't feel bad just get out when you can.
>>
>>27466237
Why is dealing with black people so bad?
>>
>>27465644
I translate things from english into my language.
>>
>>27466199
Which nep is the best. Don't say noire
>>
>>27466250
If you dealt with them anywhere you would know why.
>>
>>27466228
I bet you wouldn't last 2 weeks

But my stress stemmed from my partner rather than the job itself, I would say
>>27466248
I mostly feel like a loser because I'm not working and just sitting around the house all day, broke.
>>
>>27466285
Do you get to shoot black people?
>>
>>27466285
I'm >>27466250. I deal with immigrants sometimes in the ER (junior doctor here), but we don't that many black people in my country. I find immigrants are often lazy and lying, but nothing that would warrant me saying that "dealing with immigrants is the worst part of my job"; thus I'm curious as to why you, as a police officer, posit that.
>>
>>27466250
9/10 times it never goes well no matter what the situation. I work the very late shift and they often said us to patrol the hood, it's not fun. Me and my partner will just be looking out in our car and a group of blacks will just start verbally harassing us. If we even talk to one of them it's usually met with incredibly hostility, they won't attack us (At least not right away) but in no way will they just cooperate. They never cooperate with anything, and will always start a rucus. If we get called in for a domestic dispute or something, it's going to be a shit show even from the cunt that called the police in the first place often times.

I always dread being sent in to talk to a guy that might be sellin' weed or something because it's going to be a struggle if he doesn't pull out a gun and try to kill us.
>>
>>27466300
I'm a med student. I've held people's livers and hearts in my hands during surgery. I've had to physically fend off psychiatric patients.
I truly believe your job would be a walk in the park.
>>
>>27466364
Would you say cops are racist against black people?
>>
>>27466364
>it's going to be a struggle if he doesn't pull out a gun and try to kill us
So... It's good if he does pull out a gun?
>>
>>27466412
I still bet you wouldn't last very long, most people aren't cut out for it.
>>
>>27466444
he meant to put "its going to be a struggle (even)if he doesnt pull out a gun"
>being this retarded
>>
File: 1453745894935.jpg (15 KB, 331x314) Image search: [Google]
1453745894935.jpg
15 KB, 331x314
I sell propane and propane accessories.

I really do
>>
>>27466434
Let's put it this way: They don't make the job easier, even for the Black cops.

>>27466444
I meant "Even if", my mistake.
>>
>>27466469
charcoal's better
>>
>>27465644
work in a shitty furniture store
it's pretty easy work but boring and you get spoken to like shit kinda
there's a few qt's i've messed around a bit with though which makes it kinda bearable.

do wanna leave though because the pay is shit and i want to move out so i actually have a place to bring girls to
>>
Storm trooper of the Galactic Empire
>>
>>27466475
Have you ever met a black person that wasn't shitty?
>>
I'm a professional NEET. I read up on welfare law and once every 3 years I have to fill in a big form about my "disabilities".
>>
>>27465644
Call Center fag doing TV and internet troubleshooting/support, but I also have to meet sales goals.

I only took this job because no other company would hire me, and I long for the day I can do finally something else. If you desperately need a job, call centers are a good place to go to since they'll hire pretty much everyone, but other than that, it's a terrible job.

Customers on the phone get mad and threaten you because of everything, even if it's entirely their own fault. A fireman recently yelled at me, saying that he'll make sure noone ever helps our company if the place is on fire (the reason for his outburst was him not getting a refund for the time he couldn't use the internet because one cable had to be replaced, which happened because his son chewed on it).
>>
What the fuck did you guys get lost on your way to /soc/? I thought this was /r9k/, we don't have jobs here!

Me? I don't work i'm a neet of 15 months.
>>
I'm a "software engineer" for a startup.

I'm working from home right now until we get an office, so my day mostly consists of watching tv and shitposting. Some days I'll get drunk with buddies.

The actual work part is usually writing some javascript or java. I'm kind of a mobile/back end/web dev programmer. A lot of what I do is copy pasted from code that I wrote before, or from stack overflow.
>>
>>27466493
Yeah, there are black cops. Other than that, a couple. Black people generally have some animosity towards us and give us an attitude by default making things more difficult. It's kind of frustrating trying to fair when the guy you're to is looking to stab you at any moments notice.
>>
I work in a call center for two years.
Im the best employee out of 300 people.
I do part D medicare stuff so Im the person from your insurance you talk to about your meds and who tells your pharmacist what to do because hes fucking too stupid to operate a computer while he gets paid 7x more than me.
I talk to a lot of people in pain or are dying or are addicts or they are extremely pissed off at being in pain or their loved one in pain and I fix their problems.
>>
>>27466538
How do the black cops feel about discrimination with black people and cops?
>>
I work for da Warboss, fix da karz for a livin.
>>
>>27466592
I find that Black cops are significantly more self-aware than the average Black person. They get it, they know we're just trying to do our job and that their people can be difficult. They know because when a Black person puts on the uniform, he's treated like a White man.

So yeah they're significantly more sympathetic. Lots of Black cops will openly admit that White people are just easier to deal with the large majority of the time.
>>
poo2loo here

i work in call centre, it's pretty good job you just talk to people all day, and get air conditioning and clean water in the office. honestly wish i could live at my job instead of going home into the heat and smell every day
>>
>>27466632

Waaaaagh!
>>
I run a blog
>>
>>27466673
I didn't come here to feel, Pajeet
>>
File: NEET.jpg (2 MB, 2936x1972) Image search: [Google]
NEET.jpg
2 MB, 2936x1972
>>27466521
They came here from reddit and because 4chan isnt a cool kids club anymore. Its literally on spongebob on facebook.
So they all come here and shit up our site. huehuehue im in medical school or i make $60,000 a year! GUYS IM SUCH A NEET AND A FAILURE MY LIFE IS SOOO HARD etc

They didnt have my coffee at starbucks today!
Man how will I pass my masters exam today without my coffee!
Today I had to take the stairs instead of the elevator!
#depression

Pic related:
its me being a TOTAL NEET!
Im literally covered in pussy and sweat from all of this employment training! Shit makes me so much cash!

No Energy Extended Training!
>>
I'm an inheritance landlord
> tfw born to win
>>
File: 1459028244567.jpg (421 KB, 965x885) Image search: [Google]
1459028244567.jpg
421 KB, 965x885
>>27466787
Me too! Where are your properties? I got 4 in South London
>>
>>27465644
Chemical Engineer at a plastics company.
>>
>>27466760
>implying people who are on trajectories far better than your own can't experience stress and hardship
>>
>>27466015

>PA school
Do you really want to have a career in which the name of your job literally implies you couldn't get into med school?
>>
>>27466673
What part of India?
>>
sysadm but i just strted so mostly installing oracle, changing passwords and other stupid shit. Low wage, job is alright
>>
>>27466828
In Krakow, Poland. Shit is cash, so cash in fact I feel pity towards wagecucks.

Not everyone can be modern aristocracy though.
>>
I work for a factory as a computer technician at night. I only really work like 3 hrs a night desu. Take home 50k a year
>>
netowrk experto
>>
>>27467019
How do you end up on /r9k/ when your life is on easy mode? Did you come here to laugh at everyone?
>>
>>27467058
but not slpelnig experto
>>
I work at a ghetto Starbucks and write music
I know it sounds like the most hipster shit ever, but it's really just like fast food with higher pay.
>>
I get paid to post propaganda on 4chan. I get paid by the post.

At first I was paid to post pro-korean posts and pictures. Then post Asian Males with White Females.

Now I get paid to post pro Hillary and anti-white narratives.
>>
Warehouse work until I can afford/ figure things for uni
>>
>>27465644
Believe it or not but I'm a psychologist.

A robot helping other people deal with their problems.
>>
I work for the SPLC, I get paid to monitor and post on internet forums.
>>
>>27466530
Sounds comfy and kinda what I want to do (web dev though). Where do you find your clients?

Also how to find clients as an independent freelancer?
>>
File: 1414876685251.jpg (45 KB, 420x487) Image search: [Google]
1414876685251.jpg
45 KB, 420x487
>>27467407
That's hilarious. I imagined wojak just sat there listening intrigued and caringly to people's problems, when inside he's broken
>>
>>27467419
Basically I have a network of developer friends who find work randomly and pass it along to others. Random events will happen (you meet someone at a party and they happen to know of an insurance company that wants X done), or people contact you on linkedin or something. I also have a friend who is well known in the area who always knows about potential clients, he basically drags me along with him because he knows I'm good at what I do.

I've never actually been an independent freelancer, but my advice is just to meet people. Find an entry level job somewhere and make friends.
>>
I hate people but ironicaly I have a lot of charisma.
My job was to clean cars at a garage but since I kept talking to customers and slacking of I got fired.
A week later my boss called and told me to come in a suit.
Now all I do is joke with the customers and make balloon animals when I'm bored
The pay is pretty good
>>
apprentice plumber

pay is shit but will get better in a few yearz
>>
>>27467625
>you meet someone at a party and they...
REEEEEEEEE, NORMIENORMIENORMIE!

Just kidding.

Hmm, so it's all about networking. That makes sense. Thanks for the tips m8.
>>
>>27465644
I run a comic store. I fucking hate it. Fucking sweaty neckbeard fucks with their yugioh cards and their bitching about subscriptions. Never been so mad as I am running this place. Never seen so many aspies either. The shit I see is so cringey it makes me want to kill everyone.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.