[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is how society reasons: >Be with woman older than me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 12
File: 1458966338624.jpg (98 KB, 736x719) Image search: [Google]
1458966338624.jpg
98 KB, 736x719
This is how society reasons:

>Be with woman older than me by 10 years for about 4 years
>She's also friends with a guy that is almost the same age as him
>One night at a bar (hate going to them but was dragged along), I found myself happy and dancing to good music with her.
>He is watching from the side with his partner, looks gloomy.
>Finish and walk over standing next to them.
>He stares at me, almost angry.
>Starts a commotion, saying things like "She's MY friend.", "You're ugly.", and I even think he offered to fight outside. Can't remember that one tho, I was so appalled.
>Fast forward 4 years later
>He just killed himself, just got the text 30 mins ago from her.
>I say that he wasn't the smartest, and that I don't feel bad at all because he literally got mad at me for enjoying myself.
>She says "What an awful thing to say." ... "I'm done talking to u".

>People forgive and still remain friends with the most barbaric, unreasonable, shit-causing people, and even defend them for their actions (she didn't say anything but make a grimace and say "ok that's enough" to him), but of course I can't be forgiven for stating even an iota of truth.

>TL;DR people still remain friends with people who get mad at you for literally enjoying yourself, but stop talking to you when you say you're not sad that they killed themselves because of it.

There's no way out. Pack your bags, folks, this is society, large and wide. Scared to even say you people are just like them, but surely, being anonymous, you're better than that.
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (34 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
34 KB, 500x500
4 years later and you were still butthurt?
>>
wait

you told someone you didn't care that her friend died because he called you ugly 4 years ago?

lmao. how petty can a man be?
>>
>>27465095
No, it's that he got mad at me for being happy and enjoying myself. I don't forgive people who start hostility for no real reason like that. They are the problem with the world, and they are forgiven, and I am not.

I simply had no care at all that he killed himself--nothing of value was lost to me because he meant nothing to me. We generally remember inherent qualities about people and that was some which I remembered of him. to reason like that says a lot about you, drunk or not.
>>
>>27465145
>I don't forgive people who start hostility for no real reason like that.

it was 4 years ago. you could have LITERALLY built a bridge to get over it in that time.

>simply had no care at all that he killed himself

The least you could have done is not like a sullen little bitch and gone full coldsteel "nuthin personnel kid". There's a difference between willfully lying and being a tactful person who takes other people's feeling into account and doesn't make the world revolve around himself.

seriously, "MY FRIEND'S FRIEND DIED, WHY ARE THEY SO MEAN TO ~~ME~~" and you had the gall to throw in some bone to pick with society, like society is somehow at fault because you had a little autistic incident.
>>
>>27465324
>you could have LITERALLY built a bridge to get over it in that time.
Have you built a bridge over your lack of empathy towards feminism, chads, women, white women on black men, etc.? Probably not. These are called values. And values are subjective.

>There's a difference between willfully lying and being a tactful person who takes other people's feeling into account and doesn't make the world revolve around himself.
Except I'm not a liar. I'd rather associate with more logical people than people who could even find the emotion to associate with people like that.

>and you had the gall to throw in some bone to pick with society, like society is somehow at fault because you had a little autistic incident.
Because that is largely how society reasons. Almost everyone is a spitting image of him and her in some way. If everyone was a bit more logical, the issue wouldn't have risen in the first place, but because we have to deal with people who aren't that logical (active members of society, with values like yours, no offence), I can easily attribute this largely to society and the effect it generally has on people.
>>
File: lighter.jpg (59 KB, 627x479) Image search: [Google]
lighter.jpg
59 KB, 627x479
>>27464965

>he called me ugly
>his life has zero value, let me say that to my girlfriend who was good friends with him right after he died lol. what can possibly go wrong?
>>
Her beta orbiter an hero'd you coulda at least faked some empathy ya dunce.
>>
File: 4chan r9k.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
4chan r9k.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>27465454
You are quite literally autistic. I don't mean that in an entirely pejorative way, but as the most apt term to describe your obvious social retardation.
>>
>>27465493
What? Am I supposed to feel sad about this? The only reason I'd be sad that some idiot killed himself is because it would remind me that my death is to come too. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect me that much.
>>
>>27465566
Nobody is telling you to feel sad you sped.

All that was asked of you was to not sperg out and go "I DONT CARE THAT HE DIED" when all you had to say was spend 5 seconds texting "that's horrible news I'm so sorry, let me know if there's anything i can do for you" then go back to masturbating to hentai and shitposting on r9k like someone who wasn't genuinely afflicted with assburgers would have intuitively done.
>>
>>27465634
1. I'm not into "hentai".
2. I'm not going to lie and put up a front to make someone feel better. If anything, she did me a favour because now I can look for someone, however rare it may be, that is a bit more realistic and doesn't lie to please other people. All these fronts and masks people use are a bit tiresome for me, can't you agree? Will there not come a point where we just say "I am tired of being someone I'm not." or will this stupidity go on forever?
>>
>>27465696
like I said, you are literally autistic.

you could have done something quick and easy at no expense to yourself that would have resulted in a more agreeable outcome for everyone involved, but instead you chose to stand on your retarded autism principles because "THEY SHOULD BE MORE COLDHEARTED & LOGICAL LIKE ME" then you blame society for not having assburgers like you.
>>
>>27465767
>you could have done something quick and easy at no expense to yourself that would have resulted in a more agreeable outcome for everyone involved, but instead you chose to stand on your retarded autism principles because "THEY SHOULD BE MORE COLDHEARTED & LOGICAL LIKE ME" then you blame society for not having assburgers like you.
Well it is society's fault. If everyone was like me, there would be a lot more happiness, people would find the ability to reason that empowers them to appreciate things, and people wouldn't want to kill themselves.

>"THEY SHOULD BE MORE COLDHEARTED & LOGICAL LIKE ME"
Coldhearted? You mean to say that starting a huge argument with someone out of literally nowhere because they are happy is not coldhearted? I'm not coldhearted, I'm warmhearted with a tinge of sincerity that has a difficult time excusing irrational, coldhearted behaviour. If you can honestly still be friends with someone after doing that, you are equally problematic to the wellbeing of everyone on the planet.
>>
competition between two beta orbiters.
>>
>>27464965
I understand where you're coming from but having this mindset is autistic, and I don't mean as an insult I mean as a genuine mental illness
>>
>>27466093
I am mentally ill? The irony is hurting.
>>
I understand what you mean, but just because he said something bad to you once doesn't mean he's a worthless person.
>>
>>27466155
You think that that instance alone doesn't speak volumes about the person? You think that one instance of something terrible doesn't stem from an inherent quality about the person which contaminates literally the entire thing? There is nothing of worth in someone who gets mad and someone for being happy. Literally nothing whatsoever of any worth at all.
>>
You think you're being logical, but being logical would require having a comprehension of apathy and human relations. Now wouldn't you say your response was illogical considering how delicate suicide is, especially to those who are close to the person who committed suicide?

Lets say you're in her shoes, your mother killed herself, and when you get the news you decide to message a person who is supposed to have your back when you need it. This person completely disregards your emotions and says he doesn't care about what happen. Wouldn't that bother you? That the person you decide to contact doesn't support you?
>>
>>27466196
I agree that he's a terrible person, but almost everyone ever really are terrible people and do stuff like that sometimes, but that doesn't mean that they are worthless and unforgivable.
>>
>>27466258
If my mother got mad at my friend for being happy when she was miserable, I would have lost a /huge/ amount of respect for her, because not only would that would go against the very nature of what a mother is about, but it takes away greatly from her honour and respect as a human being.

I guess I can now find a reason why all of you are so miserable.

I will safely tell you that your problems will never end. It will only get worse as you live on.
>>
>>27466113
A mentally ill person is by definition someone who can't function in society.
And tbqh you seem to fit the bill from what you're written OP. Not like that makes you any worse as a person mind you, it's just the way it is.
>>
>>27466311
You're missing the point again, this isn't about you. The people affected is that girl you're dating and the dead beta orbiter.
>>
>>27466311
You're the one who lost your girlfriend in an easily avoidable way, you gay faggot.
>>
File: 1447204392186.png (105 KB, 283x302) Image search: [Google]
1447204392186.png
105 KB, 283x302
>>27466311
Bro, I'm not him but I get where you are coming from. I understand your reasoning and your feelings surrounding the situation but everyone else is right and you are wrong on this one.

What you're saying is the equivalent of "I don't care that your dog died because it bit me once. Nothing of value has been lost from the world."

That's a shit thing to say hombre, whether you care or not is not the issue here. What matters is that your friend cared about the guy. What you were supposed to do is ignore your own feelings about the guy and just feel sorry for her. She is grieving and you want her to think "yeah fuck that guy, he said something mean to anon once so I'm done grieving". That's not how human emotions work.

This is not about you, it is about your friend. Get over yourself. Also cut it out with the "Society is broken, I should be allowed to express apathy about a close friends close friend dying" as well as the "Everyone who disagrees with me is doomed, I feel sorry for your guys", it's really obnoxious.
>>
>>27465145
>for no real reason

You see anon, this is where you're wrong. Just because you didn't know the reason, doesn't mean there wasn't any.

If there's one thing I've learned it's that people ALWAYS have a reason to act the way they do. Once you know what happens behind the scenes of someone's personality, then you will start to understand why they act the way they do.

Now what I haven't quite figured out yet is whenether to judge those people for their actions or not.
>>
File: 1448658961833.jpg (331 KB, 517x768) Image search: [Google]
1448658961833.jpg
331 KB, 517x768
>>27466351
> and the dead beta orbiter.
I don't know why but that made me kek so hard famson. Thanks anon.
>>
>>27464965
gtfo off this board normal slime
>>
If one of your friends (if you have any) died and your girlfriend had told you that he was a piece of shit anyway because he once said something mean to her 4 years ago then you would be fucking mad with her too.
>>
>>27465145

>asking for forgiveness when you yourself can't forgive someone for petty remarks
>>
>>27464965
it is about scale, dying is far more serious than getting mad for no good reason
>>
>>27466449
>What you were supposed to do is ignore your own feelings about the guy and just feel sorry for her.
Like it's a chore or an obligation? No thanks, I get paid to do chores.

If she can still be friends with that loony, I don't think I can be with her. This was a fresh reminder.

>Society is broken, I should be allowed to express apathy about a close friends close friend dying
It goes a little further than that. Like I said, if you can be friends with someone like that...

>"Everyone who disagrees with me is doomed, I feel sorry for your guys"
But you are because you are the cause of your own problems. Don't get all sad and whiny about "no gf", "I'm hated by everyone", "I'm a useless POS", or anything even close to that because you are the cause of your own problems.

I was hoping that for a group of people who understood the importance of anonymity, that I could share like-minded agreement over some of society's greatest philosophical problems. But I forgot that you guys are just like them, but lacking the social ability like them.
>>
>>27466546
I meant to reply to this post:
>>27466447
>>
>>27466311
I'm beginning to think you are literally a sociopath, you seem incapable of expressing empathy for your female friend.
>>
>>27466258

You're either a salty beta orbiter, or a sociopath. Any who you're better off dead
>>
>>27466546
Nah, family I'm not any kind of kissless virgin. I'm a well adjusted individual with a career and an apartment and even a girlfriend. There you go again with the "Everyone who disagrees must have something wrong with them".

There is nothing wrong with my life; I am perfectly happy. I agree that bad people suck and that it's annoying how exceptions are constantly made for them to the detriment of others because someone is emotionally invested in them. With that said, expressing apathy for the loss of a loved one of a close friend is a shitty thing to do, especially since your entire opinion of the guy is based on a single interaction 4 years ago.
>>
>>27466630
Let me guess, you linked to the wrong post too?
>>
I love these threads where OP is completely and utterly autistic and people try really hard to explain why he is wrong and he just spergs out and bitterly refuses to take on board anything multiple people are telling him in a sincere attempt to get him to see reason.
>>
File: 1453866348568.png (49 KB, 492x489) Image search: [Google]
1453866348568.png
49 KB, 492x489
>>27466697
I did, haha.
>>
>>27466546
You're hopelessly autistic, good luck man
>>
>>27466712
I understand what you are saying. I just don't agree with you.

You're saying in any situation like "Chad" getting a sexually transmitted disease from a beautiful girl, which went unnoticed and ended his life by acting too late, wouldn't make you lack empathy in your own way? I'm not saying this situation would make me feel completely apathetic (because he didn't prove that he is an utterly contemptible human being), but know how you guys think it would probably give you a sense of schadenfreude.

Please don't give me your hypocrisy. I've witnessed more times than I can count all the stuff you guys do as well. Mine comes from a distaste of people who start (what start as minor problems before becoming big like that which you see globally in war) problems. It's that simple. If you cannot understand this, maybe you should leave intellect to the autistic people as we find all the problems of world, and you remain clueless to them and stay miserable throughout your entire life.
>>
File: 1447267041622.jpg (56 KB, 465x700) Image search: [Google]
1447267041622.jpg
56 KB, 465x700
>>27466774
It happens to the best of us amigo, don't beat yourself up.
>>
>>27466840
while you remain clueless to them*
>>
OP is really dumb.
>>
>>27466840
Again. It is not about the fact that you don't feel bad that he's dead. You can't feel any empathy for your friend who's grieving. You seem to be incapable of not making it about yourself.
>>
>>27466840

I'm not saying any of those things and r9k isn't a hive mind.

You are literally autistic and hilarious socially retarded. This isn't about hypocrisy or an inability to intellectually process the worlds problems, it's about you lacking the basic human skills to navigate a simple situation properly and your arrogance when people attempt to correct you.
>>
IRL autism is hysterical
>>
>>27466941
But you aren't correcting me, because what I said wasn't wrong.

I'm screen capping this thread and will summon it forth as an example of the ruts you folks dig yourself in which makes your sadness and misery unsolvable when needed.
>>
>>27464965

You were in the right OP. There is no reason to be a fake ass tool who has to pander to everyone. If some dipshit offed himself you are not obligated to pretend he was some ok guy because now he's dead. If that bitch is salty about it it's probably because she had a history with the suicidefag but that's her problem. You do not have to pretend to like everyone she does and it was wrong of her to think that you should.

To everyone else in this thread. Grow a fucking spine you cowards. You treat this shit like you are in a job interview and have to always put your best foot forward. The fact that you empathize with the bitter drama-fag who committed suicide for attention speaks a great deal about your own character. More than that if you think building a relationship around lies and not hurting peoples feelings is what well adjusted adults do you you should go back to your safe-space.
>>
>>27465696
>I'm not going to lie and put up a front to make someone feel better
right
and people are turned off by that. this isn't even a little bit complicated
>>
>>27466989
Good bait, young sir.
>>
File: 1458931561770.jpg (37 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1458931561770.jpg
37 KB, 340x340
>>27466840
Again with the same trope senpai. You insist on believing that anyone who disagrees with you is doing so out of some lack of capacity rather than a logical reason. You further try to demonize the dead orbiter by implying that the small sign of aggression he showed you necessarily means it would have escalated over time until he was a huge menace to society, or that it must have pervaded every aspect of his life causing harm to anyone he came in contact with.

All of these things are just rationalizations that you are using to avoid having to think critically about your own actions. You claim that you are logical and that the rest of us can't reason as clearly because we let ourselves be clouded by emotion but that's exactly what you are doing OP.

Please try and understand.

1) Your friend cared about this person
2) This person is dead
3) This causes your friend anguish
4) When someone is in this situation the priority is their emotional state, not your petty judgments
5) You should have been sensitive to this and expressed sympathy, at the very least, for YOUR FRIEND not the orbiter.

You made the wrong call OP. Humans are not machines, stop expecting them to act like it. If the guy was flawed she may have been able to admit it at a later point, but while she was grieving you shouldn't have tried to force her to acknowledge that.
>>
>>27466546
>No thanks, I get paid to do chores.
are you 11?
who gets paid to do chores?
>>
>>27467009
Would you like me to tell you that everything I'm about to tell you is a lie before I begin giving you half-assed therapy? It's not a surprise then why people are so delusional about the simplest things in life: They were lied to and even if they have a hunch that it might not be true, they still believe it.

Never complain when a fat woman thinks and declares that she is attractive. I will post this thread as an example of your hypocrisy.
>>
>>27466973

You've been objectively crushed in this thread and numerous complete strangers all disagree with you. Let that sink in.

>>27466973
>an example of the ruts you folks dig yourself in which makes your sadness and misery unsolvable when needed.

Again, r9k isn't a hive mind. The fact you think it is further proves you are autistic.
>>
>>27466840
Another anon here.

Your values aren't wrong in your distaste for the guy who tried to rip you apart, but your emotional intelligence is autisticly low. As someone else said, the situation isn't about you, it's about comforting the girl.

You didn't even have to say "that's awful", all you had to do was turn your attention to her by saying "damn, is there anything I can do for you?" or hug her, etc. A normal human being would've done that by tuning into her emotions and comforting her, yet you turned it around to make it about yourself.

I can understand your reaction if maybe he murdered someone close to you, but instead it was something pitiful, and instead you chose to nurture your bruised ego over the girl you're supposed to love's emotions.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>27467070
I'm not sad that she's sad that a stupid friend of hers killed herself. If she thought that was true friend quality, that was an insult to me for even associating with her.
>>
>>27467061
Or you can just express the perfunctory sympathy.

You were so caught up in yourself that you couldn't do a single empathetic thing for your friend. Why would anyone want to be friends with you?
>>
>>27467090
killed himself*

spdfjdspoifjsdpoif
>>
>>27467061

It's hilarious that you think setting aside your autistic, 4 year old resentment and offering up a simple platitude is the same as constantly lying. That you cannot see any difference is a huge red flag of poor intellectual and emotional development.
>>
>>27466989
Knowing that even one person understands me is enough to believe that the 99% statistic of those with lack of intelligence is true.

The masses don't even realize what they are doing. It's amazing.

Thank you.
>>
>>27467090

You are going to lead a very sad and lonely life if you continue with this shitty attitude.
>>
I can imagine OP going to some guy's funeral who he didn't like and blurting out in front of the family etc "AH HE WAS A DICK ANYWAY"

Autistic but thinks he can outsmart what's just.
>>
>>27467137
But that's the thing: literally EVERYONE in this thread understands what they would be doing. They know that they don't care about some dude.

They just also know how behavior like yours is going to be received, and if they don't want that kind of reception, they do something else.

You are the one who is confused; that is why you made this thread (apart from the trolling, of course).
>>
>>27467090
Then why do you care? Why do you act as if she's being illogical for getting pissed at you?
>>
>>27467142
I'm not that lonely and I'm not that sad. I'm generally a very happy person in solitude. I wanted to share my story as another example of what should be making us miserable which is society and its way of thinking. Care to explain what all your threads are about if you're saying I'm to be sad and lonely?
>>
File: 1457657310388.jpg (397 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
1457657310388.jpg
397 KB, 534x712
stupid nigger, you are. kys
>>
>>27467175
But you don't. If you did, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
>>
>>27467090
You're assuming she knows about these bad qualities in him.

Even so, the guy fucking killed himself. Knowing of that from someone you care about or even just know of, that's essentially the most sesitive, most reactive thing a human can experience.

Yet your bruised little ego turned it around to make it about yourself.

And then you wait until this point - the moment the guy dies, when you could've expressed it any time before - to express your distaste for him? How fucking stupid are you?
>>
File: makeitstop.jpg (41 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
makeitstop.jpg
41 KB, 400x533
OP if this is trolling then you've done a stand up job, do you do birthday parties?
>>
OP is right, but retarded

>>27466989

He didn't have to fake anything. He didn't have to say "oh wow the guy was awesome" or anything, he just had to keep his opinion for himself. By saying what he said, he just acted the same way the retarded suicide fag did 4 years ago so (generating unwanted aggresion instead of controlling himself) , by OP's logic, if suicide fag was a dick then OP is also a dick.
>>
>>27467200
I don't what?

understand what I'm doing? Yes, I would be performing an action which would have behind it concern for my friend, not an honest assessment of some dude I didn't care about
>>
FUCKING NORMIES GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY BORD RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>27467218
>OP is right, but retarded
Nah, he's wrong and retarded.
>>
>>27467238
this tbhonest robots
>>
>>27464965
Lol you told her you don't feel bad because of some minor incident from 4 years ago? That's pathetic dude.
>>
>is in a realtionship for over 4 years
>posts on /r9k/
What a bait anon
Now fuck off
>>
>>27465454
Why would you associate with logical people if you hold grudges over nonsense like a petty chick?
>>
Are you that guy that got married to that rich lady when you like 18? Man you really became an autistic asshole since I last talked to you.
>>
>>27467061
That's not hypocrisy. The two things aren't related at all.
>>
>>27467186
>Care to explain what all your threads are about

How many times do you need to be told r9k isn't a hive mind, you unbelievably autistic retard?
>>
You guys got trolled. Hard.
>>
Level "autistic": doing what OP did

Level "average": holding back your distaste for the guy and turning the focus on the girl's very sensitive emotions she's feeling, comforting her but also not really caring about the guy

Level "wise": doing level "average" but instead seeing past what the guy said several years ago, realising what he's endured that lead him to say it, and realising that for the guy to kill himself he must've suffered immeasurably, that suicide is awful and that joining in the mourning with the girl is what's right
>>
>>27467061
Normies lie to themselves and each other all the fucking time. It's okay, it's human, it's expected, it's how normies interact. They know they're lying to each other and find it comforting. You don't have to bitch and moan about it, you just have to exercise the most basic of social skills: do as the fucking Romans do.
This is probably a bait thread though
>>
>>27467218
No, I was being honest. So was he when he got mad at me for being happy. But the difference between these two events is that one stem from stupidity and many things cancerous with the world, the other was just a response to a statement
>>
>>27464965
Your girlfriend's friend killed himself, and you started saying how much you hated him?

Here's one of the symptoms of Autism:
* Lack of empathy. People with autism may have difficulty understanding another person's feelings, such as pain or sorrow.

Please be safe and get tested, anon.
>>
>>27467379
>But the difference between these two events is that one stem from stupidity and many things cancerous with the world, the other was just a response to a statement
Protip: there is no difference, both are responses to factors out of your control.
Also look up cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>27467308
Ah, the good ol' "Personal Incredulity" logical fallacy.

>Because I don't understand it, it therefore but not be true.

It's a perfect example of hypocrisy.
>>
>>27467366
Level "ayyy": commenting on the fragility of life and how brief our time on earth is, scoring some freaky sex
>>
>>27467416
the new troll is apparently saying "hypocrisy" without any understanding of its meaning
>>
>>27467416
must not be true.*
>>
>>27467379
If this isn't bait you need to get tested
>>
>>27465145
i:e
four years ago
>>
>>27467434
hypocrisy
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
The noun form of the effect of being a hypocrite.

You say that it's better to conform to the emotions of someone by saying "if there is anything I can do to help, please tell me", but being the hypocrite you are, you can't conform to the emotions of someone saying "I'm fat and beautiful".
>>
>>27467379
[Great advice that OP can learn from]
*PING* *PING* *PING* *PING* *PING*
[OP's head]

And then he keeps spouting his shit.

Thread's over, guys. Don't waste any more effort.
>>
A normie wouldn't have to lie. They would be genuinely concerned about their gf, even if they had reservations about the guy who killed himself.

Society's reasoning is only fucked up here if you're a damaged little snowflake.
>>
>>27467480
What? dude, you need to take a logic class

let's pretend what you said even began to make sense and "conform to the emotions" weren't just gibberish:

conform to the emotions of me saying one this
conform to the emotions of SOMEONE ELSE saying something else

how could any conflict between the the two of these that could represent hypocrisy?

What would be at all analogous is if someone says "I"m fat and beautiful" and you want to be friends with this person, you might not call them a liar in the most autistic fashion imaginable.

But even with all of my effort, I can't make what you wrote there even begin to make sense
>>
>>27467541
What OP doesnt understand is that having a bad trait doesn't instantly make you a terrible person.
>>
>>27467541
Let me change the comparison since you cannot connect the dots on your own,

You say that it's better to conform to the emotions of someone who lost of friend and says "my friend died", but being the hypocrite you are, you can't conform to the emotions of someone saying "I'm fat and beautiful".
>>
>>27467586
No, what OP doesn't understand is that it doesn't matter what her friend was like, as an accurate assessment of the dude who just killed himself was not what she was looking for.

>>27467595
I say it's better that, when you want to maintain a friendship, you don't behave in a callous manner, even if that means lying.

And I can easily (and would, should I need to) refrain from calling out a fatty, if I wanted to be her friend. I am just not friends with fatties because I want my group to have an aesthetic quality whenever I go out.

So you, I could conform to those emotions easily, and I would do if a similar situation presented itself.
>>
>>27466113
Yes.

If you lack empathy to that degree, you are mentally ill.

Everyone with a personality disorder thinks they're the only sane ones, including the guy that killed himself.
>>
>>27467506
Then my emotional intelligence must be really low.

I have no sympathy for someone who befriends someone so emotionally volatile that they get angry when they see someone happy, but come as a surprise and expect empathy when they go and kill themselves.
>>
Honestly I agree with you OP, but I don't know why you stayed with her. If my significant other won't defend me when one of their friends blatantly disrespects me in a cruel way for no reason whatsoever, that right there is the end of the relationship. So props on you for somehow still dealing with that cunt, and the fact that the loser killed himself is just karma coming back to bite him. I hate people like that. You're better off without both of those toxic people in your life
>>
>>27467674
Well, if you have no sympathy for your girlfriend then why do you think it's unreasonable that she got fed up with you and left?
Maybe the guy was a bad person, maybe he was a good person. He was a good friend for your girlfriend and she could overlook some of his bad traits because his friendship was still worth it for her.
>>
>>27467745
I'm glad 2 people understand. :)

Another fresh reminder that this is the world we live in, and their numbers are so great that they overpower even the power of reason.
>>
>>27467674

I like how not only are you too autistic to respond appropriately to the news her friend had died, you actually think she deserves to be further disrespected for being friends with him in the first place.

The irony is you're exactly the sort of person any sane, rational, reasonable person should cut out of their life.
>>
>>27467864

You haven't presented a single reasonable argument for why you are right in this scenario.
>>
>>27467890
Then I guess the definition of sanity and rationality is subjective too, because you couldn't be anymore insane and irrational to me.
>>
>>27467890
I find that, whenever I visit 4chan (specifically this board and /pol/) I always find a new appreciation for normies and the simple joy of interacting with non-insane people
>>
>>27467674
>I have no sympathy for someone
The hell, kid? You claimed to be with this person for four years.
>>27467864
>Another fresh reminder that this is the world we live in, and their numbers are so great that they overpower even the power of reason.
There's another possibility. You're a narcissist.
>>
>>27467915

>everyone disagrees with me
>they must all be insane and illogical

Part of the ability to process logic in scenarios is being able to factor in context, in this case you think it's acceptable to hold onto years old bitterness and allow it to cloud your opinion while simultaneously dismissing a persons raw and immediate pain after hearing someone has died. This is highly indicative of a person who is socially retarded.
>>
>>27464965

People LOVE to pretend that they're living with higher moral beliefs than everyone else.
>>
>>27464965
>4 years later and still butthurt
damm son, you are autistic af no wonder why you are still a virgin
>>
>>27467285
I'm impressed he lasted in a relationship that long given how utterly autistic he is.
>>
>>27467983
They ended up killing themselves, didn't they? Darwinism.

Undesirable traits are phased out, the ones that stay are the desired ones. That is, the emotionally stable ones.
>>
>>27465145
yeah idk why there's so much reddit tier replies to this op, but i get you.

he wronged you, and that's the only memory you have of him.

sucks for him i guess. i can't blame you for not feeling anything.
>>
>>27464965
Probably the most telling part of OPs rude and selfobessed behavior is how he extrapolates this into a societal thing, especially the insinuation this is why war happens. If everyone was a sactimonious judgmental jerk like me, we'd have no problems! Ironically, the guy being disrespectful to OP was exemplifying the honesty OP expects of others.

OP, do you worry about "political correctness"?
>>
>>27469069
I don't think you get it.
>>
>>27464965
>people still remain friends with people who get mad at you for literally enjoying yourself, but stop talking to you when you say you're not sad that they killed themselves because of it.

No I get it. A guy got drunk and belligerent with OP and he's boggled that his girlfriend could tolerate such a person. And when the guy dies (probably his own fault anyway, he was a douche, lol) the girlfriend gets upset when OP is callous about it (I was just being honest gosh; I'm right anyway she should not have been friends with that douche in the first place). And this is why society is crumbling around us!

OP needs a therapist.
>>
>>27469812
meant to reply to>>27469306

original commenting
>>
>>27469812
Survival of the fittest. Dead guy wasn't fit. Neither is the gf. Neither are you. You're so emotionally wacky that you actually think therapy is needed for emotional stability.
>>
>>27464965

deserved: failed normie.

oh and btw enjoy that grandmother's vagina for aslong as it lasts: Not only she's cucking you but she even leads the relationship, holy sucks I'd literally suicide on the spot if I were you.

Youre with an old woman that treats you like super shit and you can't even speak your mind to her, holy shit there's a lot of failed human beings in this sub but you're one in a kind.

go do an hero and stop suffering.
>>
>>27470004
>You're so emotionally wacky that you actually think therapy is needed for emotional stability.
I didn't say that. I think OP needs to tell this story (and probably others like it) to a professional physically present, and be willing to listen to their reaction to it.

What's emotionally wacky is OP being unwilling to be polite because he believes he's compromising his superior, logical ethics.
>>
>>27470245
Oh, you mean a "professional" just like you? OP did nothing wrong. You just have a superiority/inferiority complex, and that's why you brought it up. The idea was simple, and I would have done the same. Shame on anyone who gets mad at me for having fun.
>>
>>27470350
I didn't call myself a professional. It's odd that you thought I was suggesting that. I still think telling this story to someone IN PERSON would do OP a lot of good, if he's willing to listen (and not just a friend or a relative, a person with training to recognize mental illness (I'm not insinuating OP is mentally ill), but is also very experienced in talking to people).

>Shame on anyone who gets mad at me for having fun.
Okay, so you don't have to be friends with him. Does that mean your girlfriend shouldn't be?
>>
>>27470748
Obviously, this "professional" would be just like you in character. Maybe they have read a few more textbooks than you but it doesn't mean that they are someone to go to when that person is already mentally stable and healthy.

If my gf associated with anyone like that, like OP said, it would be a direct insult that she associates with me. If anyone tries to make anyone unjustly miserable you better believe I won't feel a thing when they off themselves, and don't come complaining to me about your sadness that they are gone, because they are one less problem the world needs.
>>
>>27470863
>Obviously, this "professional" would be just like you in character.
Not at all. I'd like for them to be unbiased. I don't know how the professional would react.

>already mentally stable and healthy
These are the people I think should go see therapists the most
>>
>>27464965
Act like others in public, behave like you want in private.
>>
>>27464965

you sound like an asshole with aspbergers. i hope you're the next one who kills himself.
>>
Fuck these cucks mate, i aint shedding no tear for no asshole
>>
Op is the typical iconoclast wannabe autist. Kysyff
>>
>>27465145
Kiddo, I hate to break it to you but your autism is terminal. The best we can do now is make your final days comfy
>>
OP you are not a good person

Just letting you know. Your posts show a huge lack of self-awareness. Further, your claim of logic is built on the assumption of a uni-polar worldview which places you chiefly at the center. You mistake being a selfish cunt for having values and being logical, that you cannot show a shred of empathetic awareness is a huge red flag about your mental state. A world filled with people like you would not be a happy place
>>
>>27465696
"I'm sorry about your friend's death." does not have to mean "I feel bad that this person is no longer alive.", a condolence of this kind is expressing sympathy that a person you presumably care about is suffering. You feel sorry about their unhappiness, regardless of your feelings on the cause.

So if taken literally that it would be a "lie" for you to express this condolence, then you do not care about the pain of a person near you. No one here is irrational except your sociopathic ass
>>
>>27468989
Not feeling anything about the death of an asshole is not the same as not feeling anything about your SO's misery at the death of that asshole

They are two separate emotional states and if you cannot make that computation you are an illogical retard
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.