[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pets are just wild animals that normies trap in their house.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 21
Pets are just wild animals that normies trap in their house. The pet then proceeds to piss and shit all over the house for the next 10 years. Then it dies, the normie cries.

What is the fucking point?
>>
Because owning a cat is the only pussy I'll ever get in my life.
>>
>>27383763

They feel about their pets like you feel about your computer
>>
>>27383870
this, and why would you keep a dog inside the house all day.
>>
>>27383928
But why? My computer does lots of things. Pets do nothing.
>>
>>27383763
You have autism. Case dismissed!
>>
>>27383986
how else are you going to induce stockholm syndrome in your "pet" captive?
>>
>>27383763
>>27384253
>wild animal

No. Please go back to school.

well okay maybe if you own a bird or some tropical animal or some other cage/aquarium-dwelling thing, those are wild.

Dogs aren't wild, nor do they piss and shit all over the house
>>
File: wojak living the dream.png (114 KB, 1448x828) Image search: [Google]
wojak living the dream.png
114 KB, 1448x828
>>27383763
>trap in their house. The pet then proceeds to piss and shit all over the house for the next 10 years. Then it dies

I like how you just described the NEET life span, piss bottles and all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1204848/One-long-term-young-jobless-dead-years.html
>>
>>27383763
In some countries having a cat is recommended for depressive or lonely people. As for dogs, they're trustworthy co.panions . Why would I want an autistic fat virgin fuck such as yourself when I can have this extremely clever motherfucker who thinks I'm the shit
>>
>>27384465
Cats think you're shit, not the shit. Also, cats are dumb as a brick, same as any other animal. You feed, shelter, and provide for them, and what do they do? Bite you with no warning. Don't even try telling me that a 15 degree counterclockwise rotation of the left ear is an obvious signal for me to stop petting a cat. I don't want to learn Siamese sign language, thank you very much.
>>
>>27384880
This. I trust a bird or lizard or a rat more than I do a cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmqjbHtQVd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aTV2nBx4rE

So many others have had their eyes/face clawed out by their precious Princess Mittens, including EDM artist Deadmau5.

A dog will bark at you or growl or show its teeth or give you a warning snap if you annoy it one way or another, a cat will quietly and suddenly try to blind you.
>>
>The pet then proceeds to piss and shit all over the house
>was is house training
>>
>>27384880
>claim they bite with no warning
>proceed to describe how they don't bite without warning
are you actually insane
>>
Nah dogs can help you hunt, go on long runs with you, are great for hugging, warmth. getting girls, making you laugh, and hanging out with. They are even good for your heart.
>>
I think it's to show people you are "one with the earth and all beings", but really I just want that pussy
>>
>>27385022
All depends on the animal, and also how well it knows the owner. Cats give warnings as well, I don't know why you think they don't.

Also anyone who doesn't have their indoor cat's front claws taken out is retarded.
>>
File: Butthurt redditors.jpg (68 KB, 614x599) Image search: [Google]
Butthurt redditors.jpg
68 KB, 614x599
Always animalfags getting toasty in these threads
>>
File: anakin03.jpg (34 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
anakin03.jpg
34 KB, 720x405
>>27386078

>about to post condescending remark about how fucking ancient zippocat is
>realize the current state of the board is such that a large portion of the posters have probably never seen it

still 4edgy8me, bruh. Giving my cat a bellyrub.
>>
File: 1458268012529.jpg (43 KB, 512x397) Image search: [Google]
1458268012529.jpg
43 KB, 512x397
>>27386168
using the edgy meme or getting butthurt when someone posts animal gore is literally the single common trait of 99% of redditors. Why do you even come here? You fit in just fine over there, i dont understand why you faggots have to invade practically EVERY place on the internet and push your opinions on everyone.
>>
>>27384343
I don't know dude, my turtle is a pretty chill guy. He never tried to escape and crawls out of the water to check me out whenever I pass by. What sucks the most about pets is that it's a fucking hellish commitment that means you'll never be able to travel around the world with a backpack unless you find a beta to take care of it.
>>
>>27383763
Now replace pets with females.
Surprisingly accurate tbph
>>
>>27386078
>>27386205
>Butthurt redditors
animal gore, especially that of cats, was never welcome anywhere on 4chan
even on /b/, in the old days, people barely tolerated that shit

>b-but if I'm overly edgy and crass anyone who disagrees is from reddit
whatever dude
stop being being such an insecure newfag
>>
>>27386205

I've been here long enough that animal gore doesn't even make me blink. Why so upset? I'm not stopping you from posting gore, but you seem really upset at me pointing out the obvious. Try posting the BDSM dog torture montage that used to get posted semi-frequently in rage threads. That might provoke a more than tepid reaction to your tantrum.
>>
>>27386078
>Butthurt redditors.jpg
I know that you're going to think I'm butthurt because I'm responding, but you have to be pretttty new to not realize that zippocat made a lot of people on /b/ butthurt, which, you know, is sorta the opposite of reddit.
Reddit would just gasp and cry, not get butthurt.
tl;dr ur newfag
>>
>>27386338
just wanted to let you know you're 100% right

whenever i say the same thing i feel like i need validation :d
>>
File: 1458858668071.jpg (64 KB, 500x895) Image search: [Google]
1458858668071.jpg
64 KB, 500x895
Post yfw when you realized dog
>>
>>27386031
>declawing a cat

I hate cats and even I think that's taking too far. Circumcision on steroids
>>
File: 1458516794507.png (208 KB, 361x691) Image search: [Google]
1458516794507.png
208 KB, 361x691
>>27386338

>4chan luvs le animals xD

This meme again, no they dont, no one but redditors care about some animals getting toasted.

Are you really this sheltered? Have you not been on the internet before 2010? The rise of animal moralfaggotry on the internet directly correlates with the rise in popularity of reddit. Back before everyone reddit invaded every place on the internet and pushed their opinions on everyone no one but the most extreme animal fanatics cared about animal gore.

>stop being being such an insecure newfag
>calling others newfags because you disagree with them

redditor 100% confirmed.

Seriously, why dont you just stay there? Everyone there agrees with you on this issue, why go to a place where people clearly dont share the same opinions and then shill hard to push those opinions on them? What is the point?

Also, FYI, not only is the edgy meme an overused phrase for 15 year olds to throw around when someone disagrees with them, its also inaccurate. Edgy is when someone purposefully tries to be offensive despite not geniunely holding those views. I have never given a fuck about animals, and i surely wont pretend to do this so some redditor can be butthurt on the internet.
>>
>>27386690
*everyone on reddit
>>
>>27386690
>Have you not been on the internet before 2010?
Isn't that when people on 4chins cared the most about animals?
>>
File: FeelsGoodMan.png (133 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
FeelsGoodMan.png
133 KB, 354x363
>>27386355
>your tantrum.
>Why so upset

Seems like you are the only one who is upset here friendo
>>
>>27386690
Yes Reddit gave everyone the thought that burning a cat may of been somehow wrong, absolute correct solid statement.
>>
>>27386728
I believe it was much earlier, around the time when 4chan was manly a site for discussing anime and sharing unironic memes. Once 4chan became what it is known for no one really gave animal gore a second look.

I could be slightly off though.
>>
>>27386798
Well I mean Dusty the cat was ~2009 and it's not like that empathy disappeared overnight
>>
>>27386792
So burning a cat is wrong, but brutally murdering people is completely ok? Because i never see anyone here moralfagging when human gore is posted.
>>
>>27386798
*mainly
>>
>>27384166
Dogs show affection. Your waifu does not.
>>
>thinking it's wrong to hurt animals
They are simply objects.
>>
>>27386816
>when human gore is posted.
>when

I have literally never see that here, because that and animal gore is /b/ shitposting and poor bait
>>
>>27386844
>tfw your waifu will never love you back
>>
>>27386816
Obviously people with their heads caved in isn't awesome but why say that in gore threads though?
>>
>>27386847
So are people, but you don't see me running around lighting them on fire
>>
>>27386814
Was that the doxxing incident? afaik it was said that it was mainly "for teh lulz", as /b/ has a history of ruining peoples lives for fun.

It was also a very different case than someone reposting gore made by someone else. In that case the responsible person uploaded it themselves.
>>
>>27386905
>Was that the doxxing incident?
It was probably one of the few times /b/ was actually motivated for reasons other than just being bored and it being fun
>>
>>27386879
According to Kant animals are beneath us and we are free to with them as we want. Strangling a cat or stomping a dog is ethical.
Besides dogs and cats are invasive species and overpopulated. Legalizing the torture and killing of stray dogs and cats would only be good on a societal level. The only reason it's not allowed is because of bleeding heart petfags who cry and scream if you dare to hurt animal and have infected the system.

>>27386844
Dogs are too stupid to show true affection, the intelligence of your stupid pet dog is comparable to a video game npc lol.
You'd be able to see this if you hadn't bee brainwashed by shitty pet culture.
>>
>>27386850
what. Gore gets posted on /b/ all the time, and people laugh at it. I mean, there was even infant death posted once and people made fun of it. Yet post a vid of someone kicking a cat and people lose their collective shit.

I used to care about animals and hated animal abusers, but seeing the stuff i mentioned above really has made me apathetic. I legitimately am not trying to be edgy or offensive.
>>
>>27386935
You probably shouldn't be listening to someone who died several hundred years ago
At least when it comes to ethics
>>
>>27386935
>Besides dogs and cats are invasive species and overpopulated

Well that's just not true.

Also Kant is a dead faggot for high school philosophers, suck his dick some more lol
>>
>>27386949
Well two things

This isn't /b/, and the average anon has been harmed by people more times than he can remember while animals have never harmed him.
>>
>>27386966
>>27386969
It was merely an example. What ethical framework do you prefer :^)
Give it up in pretty much every society animals are beneath humans, there's nothing wrong with hurting or killing them.

>Well that's just not true.
How is it not true?
>Invasive species are plants, animals, or pathogens that are non-native (or alien) to the ecosystem under consideration and whose introduction causes or is likely to cause harm.
Well they certainly qualify for being invasive species. Consider that the domestic cat is the largest anthropocentric cause of bird death and extinction by large margin.
As for being overpopulated don't take my word for it simply check the humane soceity page.
http://www.americanhumane.org/animals/adoption-pet-care/issues-information/pet-overpopulation.html

The vast majority of dogs and cats are worthless wastes of space we should destroy. Legalizing animal "cruelty" would simply be one step towards this noble goal.
>>
>>27386935
>implying Kant would ever endorse that
You are correct in that there are no duties to animals. Kant might not say that animals have a right to be free from torture. However, there are duties (to ourselves) "regarding" animals. He opposes cruelty to animals on the grounds of something like straining our regard for the somewhat analogous dignity of humanity. Next time try appealing to Descartes.
>>
>>27386995

There we go. I dont even know where to start.

First, what do you define as "hurt"? Im a robot as well, i have been bullied for most of my life now (im 19), i dont have friends, virgin, etc etc. But you dont see me going around laughing at fucking infant death or people getting murdered in horrible painful ways.

Second of all, the reason for why more humans have "hurt" them is because people tend to live together and far away from animals that can or will hurt you. Pets arent that extremely common (you dont see thousands of pets and animals every day, which is infact the case for humans), and most people never see wild and dangerous animals outside of zoos. Im sure that a bear will hurt you more than humans have ever "hurt" you if you actually met one.

Also this fits with my theory that people just love animals because its emotional support and something to fall back on to cope with insecurities. Animals are a blank slate for people to project their own insecurities upon. I have in real life never met mentally healthy people who cared more about animals than humans.'Its mostly just mentally ill antisocial/autistic people who are that way.
>>
>>27387043
>animals are beneath humans

and by killing or harming them for fun you're lowering yourself to their level, worse even you're lowering yourself to the level of cats, the niggers of pets. whoops huh?

>The vast majority of dogs and cats are worthless wastes of space we should destroy

You're talking to people who collect fake disability money from the government, piss in bottles, and live with their parents until their 50s. So your point is moot.

At least animals provide emotional support and companionship unlike NEETs
>>
>>27387113
>mentally healthy people
>mentally ill antisocial/autistic people

Just where do you think you are exactly, facebook? normies.com ?
>>
Doghater, show yourself. I know you're lurking this thread you insane faggot
>>
>>27387159
Never disputed that, thats why i said "in real life".
>>
>>27387103
That's because at the end of the day Kant was stupid petfag so he had to shoehorn in vague reason why it's still wrong even though they're not moral beings.
>The fact that the human being can have the representation "I" raises him infinitely above all the other beings on earth. By this he is a person...that is, a being altogether different in rank and dignity from things, such as irrational animals, with which one may deal and dispose at one's discretion.
>hmm but I like my shitty dog... I'll just make something up
>If a man shoots his dog because the animal is no longer capable of service, he does not fail in his duty to the dog, for the dog cannot judge, but his act is inhuman and damages in himself that humanity which it is his duty to show towards mankind. If he is not to stifle his human feelings, he must practice kindness towards animals, for he who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men.
Sadly he couldn't follow his own system to it's natural conclusion which is that we may treat animals in any manner we wish. In some way most people align with these since they have no qualms about eating animal meat every day which of course requires killing many animals.
If you eat meat you have no reason to be upset if I shoot a dog for fun.
>dog population is overpopulated and shelters are full (humane soceity)
>but wait we can't kill them!
So fucking retarded people let their emotions control them too much. Every stupid dog in a shelter should be destroyed tomorrow. Think of all the money and time we'd save? We do not need those dogs and they are not people so they have no right to exist. Somehow we kill cow everday but little pupper has to live on. Makes me sick. If there were no records kept I'd adopt dog every week and kill it just to do my part.
>>
>>27387257
lol look at this idiot arguing with himself and a wall of text

>>27387179
I found him senpai, didn't have to look very far
>>
>>27387135
>and by killing or harming them for fun you're lowering yourself to their level
What do you call eating an expensive steak? The act of eating is red herring nobody eats $80 steak because they need nourishment they eat it because it's a pleasurable experience. How is beating a dog to death any different? Protip, it isn't. You've just been indoctrinated to think of dogs as sacrosanct.
The modern pet and the pet industry is a sick cancer.
>At least animals provide emotional support and companionship unlike NEETs
Kek dogs are too stupid to provide companioship, might as well get an emotional support rock idiot.
Reminder that your stupid meme dogs aren't recognized by the ADA :^)

>>27387280
I guess you have no retort because I am right?
>>
>>27386844
>dogs with the mental capacity of an insect show affection
No anon they simply hide behind you the pack leader for shelter and will forgot about you the minute you give them away

I don't understand how you can defend buying a 1000 dollar mutant mouse that you have to constantly waste large amounts of money on and accept it shitting in your house when you could buy a 1k dollar pc pirate games, movies, and Manga and be 1000x happier
>>
>>27387325
based anon is based

orig
>>
>>27387257
>Kant was stupid petfag

So why not just appeal to Descartes?

>mixing Kantian justifications with consequentialist horseshit

yuck

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm just here to let everyone know you were being a faggot and not giving an honest account of Kant's views. Study harder in your philosophy classes, pleblord.
>>
>>27387302
> How is beating a dog to death any different?

you're letting meat go to waste and not eating it, unlike you silly steak analogy. Not very green for someone who's pretending to be concerned about the environment

>Kek dogs are too stupid to provide companioship, might as well get an emotional support rock idiot.

rocks don't work

>ADA

I don't live in bugerstan

>I guess you have no retort because I am right?

I have no retort because who gives a shit lol You're mad and upset over something that has no consequence on your life. You should start a tumblr blog about it.
>>
>>27387325
because not everyone is a materialistic autist like yourself
>>
>woman is mauled to death by dog she's had for five years
>muh loyalty meme
Wake up and smell the dog shit stupid petcucks. You're deluding yourself into believing your stupid animal cares about you when it is incapable of such complex things.

>>27387341
>blah blah look at me I'm so smart blah blah
It's all spooks anon just pick whatever one for argument to try and convince stupid petfags best.
At the end of the day all that matters is dogs dying.

>>27387355
Okay so as long as I eat some of the meat after beating my adopted dog to death you're fine with it?
Strikes me as bit on an odd condition to judge these things by, but sure if you say so :)
get real even if I didn't "waste" the meat you'd be throwing fit if I did that because at end of day you're just brainwashed dog fag.
>rocks don't work
>implying dogs do
top kek
>You're mad and upset over something that has no consequence on your life
Haha modern pet culture has plenty of impact on my life. I have to see stupid shitty dogs everday by the dozen. I can't kill strays because butthurt emotional babies said it was "cruel".
Dog has carbon footprint of SUV and their shit has bad impact on watertable but who cares let's let everybody owne two fucking dogs. You and your shitty animals are runing world I hope you get hit by truck.
>>
>>27387325
A dog is loyal. It will try to protect you. It will be by your side. It will not betray you.

Dogs are dope as fuck.
>>
>What is the fucking point?

Look at this hornses ass, he thinks that everything has to be justified in light of some higher purpose.
Fuck off back to Wittemberg, Martin.
>>
File: LOYAL.png (108 KB, 532x486) Image search: [Google]
LOYAL.png
108 KB, 532x486
>>27387426
>A dog is loyal. It will try to protect you. It will be by your side. It will not betray you.
The blood is on your hands scum.
Would you like more examples?
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 290x174
>>27387379
so spiritual, intellectual, and/or cultural values are more valuable to you? Please tell me more of how much more important your values are than mine you raging queer
>>
>>27387478
How much do you want to bet that those stories are from pitbulls?

>45 lbs
Yep. Pitbulls. I have never heard of a labrador retriever, beagle, border collie, or pomeranian ever attacking someone.
>>
File: human.jpg (85 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
human.jpg
85 KB, 960x720
>>27387420
>>27387302
>>27387257
>>27387043

>muh environment
>muh ecosystem
>le carbon footprint

haha yeah okay Just go to bed. It's over.

Pets are just one of many symptoms, not the symptom.

You want to help save the planet? You know what the real cancer is? Look into a mirror, and then kill yourself for the greater good.
>>
>>27387517
>not the symptom

not the disease, rather.

Maybe I'm the one who should be going to bed XD
>>
Because my dog is always really happy to see me and snuggles with me at night.
>>
>>27387426
>A dog is loyal. It will try to protect you. It will be by your side. It will not betray you.

No they're not even in dog packs an angry dog will attack the pack leader for no reason. If you think dogs are loyal raise a dog for 4 years, give it away and attack the new owner a month later the dog will literally fend you off
>>
>>27387504
haha why are you mad that I have a dog and values and now you're throwing reddit memes at me? Is your life THAT boring? what the fuck bro you're going full steam on the retard train tonight XD
>>
>>27387545
>things that I have no idea what I'm talking about and have never done myself: the story

cool story bro
>>
>>27387508
Some were and some weren't.
Pitbulls rate around average on aggressiveness in dogs no dog is safe.
besides if you agree that pitbulls are shit let's kill them all? Oh wait no muh unvfairly treated pitbull, we must save them they're innocent. Why do so many well-to-do have adopted pitbull? It's another manifestation of the sickness, they even will have children with unknown varaible of the dog. Why are there no rules? Where is the sanity?

>>27387517
>can't respond so I'll just say "it's over"
Grow up kid. The battle can be fought on multiple fronts you know?
>Look into a mirror, and then kill yourself for the greater good.
Well no because by simply killing some dogs I have offset myself.

>>27387534
>projecting human emotion onto dog
As usual.

>>27387545
This, the whole dog loyalty thing is so silly.
if you call something so easily won and lost like that loyalty then you have devalued the word.
>>
>>27387564
dogs don't even have the smallest of fractions of a human's own carbon footprint

>by simply killing some dogs

Again, things that have never happened and never will.
>>
File: 1458881670252.jpg (12 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1458881670252.jpg
12 KB, 260x260
>>27387548
I'm the one throwing reddit memes? You're the dying hard liberal talking about stupid bullshit like materialism being bad.

>>27387557
>I can't argue with this guy better tell him he has no idea what he's talking about yeah that'll show him
>>
>>27387608
>dogs don't even have the smallest of fractions of a human's own carbon footprint
>Shit I Pulled Out Of My Ass Vol 1

I like that your enlargement has devolved to just telling me to kill myself.
Go back to school :^)
>>
>>27387564
>besides if you agree that pitbulls are shit let's kill them all?
Not a bad idea. Although I'd say that we should simply mandate neutering and spaying of all of the ones whose owners still want them.

>Oh wait no muh unvfairly treated pitbull, we must save them they're innocent.
Strawmanning 101

>Why do so many well-to-do have adopted pitbull?
Why do some well-to-do women fuck thugs? Same shit. Some people have a messiah complex and want to "fix up the bad boy/dog".

>It's another manifestation of the sickness, they even will have children with unknown varaible of the dog.
I agree with this. Especially babies. I think with some dogs like labs that are bred for friendliness, it's okay, but when it comes to german shepherds and the like, I agree.

>Why are there no rules? Where is the sanity?
Because this is America. Rules are against the rules.
>>
>>27387634
At end of day the dog serves no purpose and should not exist.
If pet owners claim to care about dog why are they basically forcing it to exist to be their toy and possession?
it is better all around for them not to exist, they are simply expensive toy at best
>>
File: 879123984329.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
879123984329.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>27383763
they're cute and need homes or else they'd get euthanized. would you rather have the pet die OP?
>>
File: cat019.jpg (146 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
cat019.jpg
146 KB, 720x960
>>27387671
>they're cute and need homes or else they'd get euthanized
>they're cute
And here we see the true reasoning behind it all.
Grow up and stop being slave to your impulses.
They should be dead.
>>
>>27387629
Dogs or Cats don't wear different sets of clothes shipped from all over the world and drive their cars to the mall and school and work while texting on their iphone that was manufactured in China with parts from raw materials exported from Africa, that they'll throw out for a new model after a year or two.

So yes, humans do have the biggest carbon footprint of all beings on earth. I thought that was obvious to anyone who wasn't disabled?

Should I explain to you how rain turns into the ocean next? XD lol
>>
>>27387662
Honestly, I agree with you on dog's being mostly a waste of space if you're not a hunter, shepherd, or have kids that would be entertained with it, but I don't think banning all of them is a great solution. People have different reasons for why they have dogs and I leave it to them to take responsibility for them.
>>
>>27387710
You didn't say that human's is larger you said that the animals is the smallest fraction of a humans.
I guess you just made that part up?

Besides only reason I care about is environment is because we're living here. Killing all humans is not a victory.
>inb4 just kill myself for greater good
It'd still be better to kill other people since we have roughly equal footprint.
It's silly that you've elevated a mere dog or cat to level of human.
>>
>>27387694
You're a real grade A weirdo, my friend
>>
File: Bittenfeld bullshit.png (448 KB, 633x480) Image search: [Google]
Bittenfeld bullshit.png
448 KB, 633x480
Hey edgy faggot, I don't see you fulfilling any meaningful purpose, maybe you should go kill yourself.
>>
>>27387662

What is your purpose, why should you exist?
>>
>>27387694
>humans keep animals as pets since thousands of years
>ZOMG GROW UP
>has at least 19 pictures of dead cats saved up

What a waste of oxygen you are. But I find comfort in the fact that you're just an internet tough guy.
>>
>>27387739
>You didn't say that human's is larger you said that the animals is the smallest fraction of a humans.

haha okay I get now you're in grade school or retarded because you don't know how fractions work that's a shame
>>
File: 1458670467108.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458670467108.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>27386078
aint falling for that again
>>
>>27387739
Me > people I like > animals I like > people I don't like > animals I don't like > people I hate > you
>>
>>27387774
>you're just an internet tough guy.

not even that either you can read the insecurity and need for attention in all of his posts lol
>>
>>27387729
Yes the percentage of legitimate working dogs is incredibly small compared to bog standard pet dog.
Most are just shiny toys, status symbol, or weird pseudo-child.
>People have different reasons for why they have dogs and I leave it to them to take responsibility for them.
Because letting people be responsible has worked in the past. We have rules about thing like car ownership etc and there are things like taxes. Why not for dogs?
The pet industry was one of only industries that as basically unaffected by recession, people are unhealthily attached to their pets these days.
It used to be dog slept outside and if it was hurt you'd put it down now dog sleeps in the bed and is member of the family and eats gourmet food and people send their stupid dog for dialysis( this happened). It's disgusting waste.

>>27387743
There's nothing weird about simply speaking the truth.

>>27387760
>>27387767
Do you mean on some nihilistic level of there is no purpose? On a practical level Ihave much more purpose than average dog I would assume basically everyone /r9k/ does unless they're a vegetable.

>>27387774
The pets of the past or as you say thousands of years ago were very different from the modern pet. This should be obvious. The average pet is far closer to the usuless lap dogs of the aristocracy in Europe. I don't why I should be happy that has become the norm?

>>27387800
There is difference in implied magnitude. If I say I weigh 140lbs and Bob weighs 160lbs and I state "I weigh the smallest fraction of Bob's weight" don't you think that is misleading?
You implied that carbon footprint of dog is basically negligible compared to a person crbon footprint even you obviously have no hard evidence to support your claim.

>>27387803
You shouldn't get so emotionally caught up in discussions. Just because someone holds a different viewpoint doesn't mean you need to think less of them.
>>
File: 9867985.jpg (58 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
9867985.jpg
58 KB, 780x585
OP here, I actually have a dog and a cat, and love them both dearly. I wanted to see what would happen if I posted pepe accompanied by something bitter and angry.
Why is this the stuff that gets replies? Why do you guys only reply to posts about dumb shit like hating animals?
>>
>>27387873
>guys please pay attention me still!

haha no you're boring now this thread blows im out
>>
File: lol2.gif (402 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
lol2.gif
402 KB, 350x197
>>27387920
>can't respond
>I-I'm leaving!
>>
>>27387873
>On a practical level Ihave much more purpose than average dog I would assume basically everyone /r9k/ does unless they're a vegetable.
I don't think so, Tim. I can't imagine an edgelord like you doing anything useful for humanity on any scale.
>>
>>27387962
Then you're not very imaginative.
You know next to nothing about me anon.
>>
>>27387930
What would I respond? You obviously pick the moral high ground when you like it (carbon footprint) and disregard other peoples emotions about their pets as stupid and childish. You won't change your mind because your either trolling or really just a fucking weirdo.
>>
>>27387972
I'm not "picking the moral highground" I'm simply showing how we'd be better of without all these damn dogs. It's not my fault you people are hypocrites who eat meat everyday but protest kill shelters.
I would change my mind if you actually gave me reason to, like a reason for why we need all these dogs and why we can't kill stray dogs other than "they're cute" and "my pupper loves me!".
I like that anybody who disagrees is now a troll, it must make it easy to keep your pre-existing beliefs when anybody who challenges them is surely doing it insincerely.
>>
File: laughing dog.jpg (40 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
laughing dog.jpg
40 KB, 500x354
>>27388020
>I'm simply showing how we'd be better of without all these damn dogs
>we

You never did that once. You misquoted Kant, pretended to care about the environment, and said that killing dogs makes -you- happy (even though you've never done that).

You hate dogs, we get it, go play osme video games or something before you give yourself an aneurysm
>>
>>27388020
>posts pictures of tortured/dead pets
>claims not be a troll
Sure thing buddy.
Also, WE would not be better off. I like my pets. I don't give a shit about farm animals because I have no emotional connection to them and they aren't qt and fluffy. It's really that easy. Same reason I don't go around killing children who will turn out to be drug dealing or other criminals with a 90% probability.
>>
>>27388079
How did I misquote Kant? He directly says you may deal and dispose of dogs at one's discretion.
I did not pretend I do care about the environment. You're making an awful lot of assumptions anon.

>>27388098
The image I posted is no different than the image in the post it was in reply to. I didn't realize you can only post living cats.
>I don't give a shit about farm animals because I have no emotional connection to them and they aren't qt and fluffy
So you admit that it's such childish ill-thought out reasoning? At least you've made it this far. In the interest of everyone else and of improving society I mus try and disabuse you of this notion. You have no ethics to speak of and operate solely based on low level emotional impulses.
>>
File: shadoobie shattered.png (28 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
shadoobie shattered.png
28 KB, 633x758
>>27386078
>mfw i realize this noob has probably never even heard of NEDM
I've...been here too long.
>>
>>27388836
What's Doom? Looks like Halo clone.
>>
>>27388171
>So you admit that it's such childish ill-thought out reasoning?
You can call it whatever you want. Fact is, most humans reason like that. Stop pretending you're better, because you aren't. Humans are emotial creatures.
>durr I'm so rational
No, you aren't. You don't care about improving society because there would be better ways to do this. You don't care about the environment because there are literally a million things producing more CO2 than pets. You act based on your low level emotional impulses and hide them behind some bad arguments trying to seem intelligent and rational. I assume you got bit once or your neigbors have a loud dog who shits in your garden. No sane person would keep a folder with dead animals because he just has the best interests of humanity in mind without petty personal reasons.
>>
>>27388934
Why did you wait an hour to reply?
Some people are superior anon, maybe I'm one of them. *tips*
>You don't care about improving society because there would be better ways to do this.
Such as? I never said that this should be the only thing done to the the exclusion of others. Not everybody is happening watching from the sidelines apathetically while the world goes to (dog) shit.
>>
Hating on pets. Really?

Damn kids, you've gone too far. Really, this is b level kinds of edginess and retardation. This bought is well and truly dead, it's basically the same as b now.

Go back to school and if you are in school on the iPhone your mum bought you then go study, you need it.
Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.