[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is actually wrong with playing video games all the time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 31
File: tgs_2014_gamer_pc_-0880.jpg (419 KB, 3008x1504) Image search: [Google]
tgs_2014_gamer_pc_-0880.jpg
419 KB, 3008x1504
What is actually wrong with playing video games all the time? If the same person who spends hours on an MMO instead spent that time reading books, would he still be a manchild?
>>
>>27348086
In my eyes yes. But I suspect there is a lot of people who would disagree.
>>
>>27348086
Reading improves verbal expression and general knowledge, which are transferable skills.

Playing twitchy FPS games does, scientifically, improve your spatial intelligence and hand-eye coordination, so you'll be less likely to get in an accident. Playing RTSes improves decision making ability.

Farmville does jack shit except turn you into a slack-jawed idiot.

So, yes, games can be enriching, but they have to be the right kind of games, and the "maximum benefit" you can derive from them is probably less than books.
>>
He'd be smarter if he read the books.
Not that it matters. Just do whatever you want.
>>
>>27348123
Nice post anon I really liked it
>>
>>27348086
Games are entertainment. It's a good medium, but too much entertainment is a bad thing.
>>
File: 1419157788189.jpg (97 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1419157788189.jpg
97 KB, 1024x768
>>27348086
>>27348117

Reading actually requires a certain amount of mental attentiveness, vocabulary, and eventually, skill in perceiving elaborate literary structures or conceits. The world of books, essays and papers is also infinitely more rich, varied and extensive than the world of video games. The "culture" surrounding video games speaks for itself.

Video games, at "higher" levels require some skill and muscle memory, but at that point, the player could've spent that time gaining skill in a sport or physical hobby that actually had a rich history and a community of adults surrounding it.

Games are still really just for children and teenagers at best, and meaningless novelties at worst. They're too much of a product to be art, the stories or ideas they allude to are mediocre at their most sublime, the skill or intelligence necessary to play them are always developed ONLY because the player couldn't succeed elsewhere, etc.

I mean, I suppose there's not anything inherently wrong with it, OP, but it does brand you a stunted, unimpressive human being, and probably for a good reason. The social conventions that label you a pathetic loser are not invalid just because you happen to think otherwise.
>>
>>27348201
The potential for interactive media is theoretically limitless, but it's reduced to sensationalist lowest-common-denominator slot machine Skinner boxes for money's sake.
>>
Because sitting in front of a screen all day is retarded. You damage your back/arms/head/eyes, ruins your sleep and has a community mostly filled with kids <20 years old.

The reason you're considered a manchild is because you do something kids do.
>>
File: 1453944961002.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
1453944961002.png
30 KB, 747x491
>>27348229

I think it says a lot about the medium if nothing of value has been churned out in the past forty-something years of its existence.

I'm sure part of it is the fact that the industry itself is constructed of the losers of other industries. The inferior writers, directors, musicians and artists find homes with game developers, because they couldn't get into film or serious software development, or whatever.

Look at Carmack for a good example. The guy abandoned video games because he was actually a good programmer.

I think the chief problem is that video games are really an extension of toys, and instead of embracing that, there's a huge effort to imply video games are really interactive films or experiences for adults, with the antithesis being essentially spreadsheet apparatuses for wannabe programmers that can't hack it as productive creators. The people funding the creation of video games know exactly how little artistic merit they have, and those opposing this are just another branch of failure that's emerged predictably in protest.

The entire thing is a nasty clusterfuck of bad ideas and sad things. Maybe something reasonable will come of it in another twenty or forty years, but I doubt it.
>>
>>27348319
I'd tell you why you're wrong about most of the things you're saying but I have a feeling you have your mind made up.

well, cheers anon
>>
>>27348376
He isn't, though.

>muh Shadow of the Colossus and Silent Hill
It's still you waggling a stick and pressing buttons.
It's still just a bad horror movie with a lame script.
>b-buh buh buh
*tips fedora*
>>
>>27348319
Wow, you are like the anti Buddha except for video games. Maybe you are him.
>>
File: really.jpg (14 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
14 KB, 400x400
>>27348086
why is he leaving spawn without items?
Why does he play aatrox? useless champ
Why is he in a custom game solo ?
Why has he heal as summoner spell?
>>
>>27348137
>too much entertainment is a bad thing

Why ? Explain this.
>>
>>27348278
>The reason you're considered a manchild is because you do something kids do.
kids use computers
kids buy clothing
kids use phones
kids watch movies and tv
kids play sports

you're saying because im an adult, I shouldn't do any of these activities? well that doesn't make sense at fucking all, now does it.
>>
File: 1457123066242.jpg (204 KB, 1035x800) Image search: [Google]
1457123066242.jpg
204 KB, 1035x800
>>27348376

I'd be far less confident in what I just typed if I hadn't played video games for years and years and years before coming to those conclusions.

But go on, do your best to change my mind. If you're not even going to bother, I'll just assume you have no actual argument and are mad that I've criticized something you like.

I still like a lot of video games (unfortunately), I merely recognize the inferiority of the medium and hobby to literally every other sort of media and recreational activity. It's a distraction that untalented nerds have made into a modern religion.
>>
>>27348485
>What's wrong with rewarding yourself constantly and pumping out dopamine nonstop

Too much of anything is bad, yes, even too much productivity(workaholics) is bad for mental health.
>>
>arcanine is THIS delusional
>>
>>27348496

It's like you don't know what a false equivalency or a strawman is.

That's very possible if you've spent most of your time playing video games instead of growing into an actual person
>>
>>27348522
>Le dopamine raise
>yourbrainondrugs.meme

If "too much of anything is bad" don't you think we would all be literally mad by now ? People watch tv, browse the internet, have sex, work, read books, do all this type of rewarding shit all day long everyday m8.
>>
>>27348560
there's no logical fallacy in that statement.

>you're a manchild because you do things kids do
>mention basic things kids do
>unable to refute claim

Not my fault you're retarded.
>>
>>27348086
They were a problem when video games were nothing more than mindless minigames. Nowadays a lot of video games capture your imagination more than most movies and books.
>>
File: 1432607760373.jpg (3 KB, 160x100) Image search: [Google]
1432607760373.jpg
3 KB, 160x100
>>27348578
Some people get really triggered when there are things that are better than "real life" and "adult responsibilities" and "doing hard, honest work for a day's pay" and "having dull, reluctant sex with your hambeast wife who got fat."
>>
>>27348578
We are all mad you idiot
>>
>>27348512
>It's a distraction that untalented nerds have made into a modern religion.
Like reading books
>>
>>27348578
>If "too much of anything is bad" don't you think we would all be literally mad by now ?
No? because most normal people naturally balance out their activities daily.(Work,social life, entertainment, sleep, etc)

>rewarding shit all day long everyday
most people aren't NEETs
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 598x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 598x375
>>27348137
games = mastubation
>>
>>27348086
Depends on his ability to function otherwise. If he's socially capable, living on his own and supporting himself then it really doesn't matter (though he might be a very boring person if that's his only hobby).

But if he isn't able to take care of himself and instead has to rely on his parents/the State.....then it's a problem.
>>
>>27348615
I don't even see how it's possible to masturbate too much. After 1 fap, I don't even want to think about anything sex related for another 10 hours.

how some guys fap 5+ times in a day is beyond me. each consequent fap would feel significantly weaker
>>
File: 1441768453907.jpg (67 KB, 730x732) Image search: [Google]
1441768453907.jpg
67 KB, 730x732
>>27348601
Except books activate the prefrontal cortex. Games are strictly reptile brain.
>>
>>27348611
Actually that reminds me, when I was a NEET for 2 years I was more depressed than when I had a job. Yes I had 100% free time to do all the fun I wanted, but I guess I could argue those fun activities didn't have any value.

I felt like I didn't deserve to do those things, so I basically just slept all day everyday. For the most part I decided to do productive things so I wouldn't feel so shitty.

It's engraved in the human mind that we want to be productive members of society.
>>
>>27348512
You're just neurotic and judgemental, like the rest of this board. You playing video games does not validate your argument. Neither does your projection. Why do you feel the need to assume that I'm mad? By the way, I'm not a huge gamer myself, I also believe most video games are bad.

>I think it says a lot about the medium if nothing of value has been churned out in the past forty-something years of its existence
How can you say that? Have you played every video game ever? I'm not saying most video games aren't meant to be an easy dopamine rushes but you're pretty much shitting on all the people who ever actually poured their heart and soul into making a great game, all because of your insecurity. Anyways, a video game itself is just a game that's playable on a computer, online chess is a video game. Conway's game of life is a video game, and everything created within it was from people who played the video game.

>I'm sure part of it is the fact that the industry itself is constructed of the losers of other industries. blah blah etc.

I'm not sure where you get this from. For one, game development itself is very challenging. Most people who program are just doing maintenance and business logic. Are they failures? There are also lots of video games with excellent soundtracks, are these people losers? Don't even get me started on the art. The writing in most games isn't usually good, but there are a lot of exceptions. So yes there have been video games with excellent writing.

>Look at Carmack for a good example. The guy abandoned video games because he was actually a good programmer
You don't even how to form a logical argument, why do you sound so sure of yourself? Again, video game development is challenging.

>I think the chief problem blah blah

Yeah you just come off as a dick. A lot of video games are dumb as shit, but then again so are a lot of TV shows, movies, music, and even books. Yes books can be bad too.
>>
>>27348716
[Citation is of being needed]
>>
>>27348584
It's something marketed towards children and "young adults" (people under 20)

Spending all your time playing video games is the equivalent of eating only baby food.

Idiot.
>>
>>27348745
Look, you're exactly the kind of zealot he was talking about.

How about YOU self-reflect and compare the artistic achievements of your poorly plotted, embarrassingly written, shoddily paced, time-wasting, overall-just-generally-laughable decorated Skinner boxes with say, cinema?

You're not even capable of talking about your "artistic medium" in an intelligent way. No one is. Not even Egoraptor with his mudterms like "game feeel." It has "good game feeeel"

el oh fucking EL Holy SHIT
>>
>>27348810
Oh, so now the argument is "marketed towards kids", instead of "It's what kids do".

Even so, 90% games are rated E for Everyone, so your statement STILL holds no water.

>equivalent of eating only baby food
Not even kids eat baby food though. That's for babies :o

Man you really are stupid.
>>
>>27348810
>movies aren't marketed towards children
>clothes aren't marketed towards children
>books aren't marketed towards children
>no other shit is marketed towards children
I don't know how such a mongoloid like you could exist. I actually have to share existence with a retard like you, holy shit. Literally, LITERALLY, consider suicide.
>>
>>27348810
You're an absolute moron if you believe the gaming market is strictly aimed at children.

Many of the most popular games fit in the Teen or M-rated categories. You know, the ones you actually need to show an ID to prove you're an adult to buy them? The games that are directly marketed to adults?
>>
>>27348842
>cinema
>not time-wasting

>using the "skinner box" to sound intelligent
Ayy
>>
File: 1447374096827.jpg (36 KB, 774x435) Image search: [Google]
1447374096827.jpg
36 KB, 774x435
>>27348810
>The average age of someone who plays games is 31 years old. In fact, more gamers are over the age of 36 than between the ages of 18 to 35 or under the age of 18.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/140575/article.html

https://encrypted.google.com/search?newwindow=1&q=average+age+of+gamer&oq=average+age+of+gamer&gs_l=serp.3..0l7j0i22i30l3.33242.33625.0.33700.5.4.0.1.1.0.76.270.4.4.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.5.271.HG0WnCTulvk

BUT HOW CAN THE AVERAGE AGE BE THAT HIGH IF THEY'RE CLEARLY ONLY MEANT FOR KIDS!!

HOW DOES THE WORLD EVEN WORK??
>>
>>27348201
>>27348319
>I think it says a lot about the medium if nothing of value has been churned out in the past forty-something years of its existence.

Your delusional, just of the top of my head, Twisted Metal, Deus Ex, Pokemon and Majora's mask all have more artistic merit than every oscar winning film that came out in the last twenty years combined IMO. You're looking for the wrong 'intellectual' things in video games.
>>
File: 1382764781432944787.png (449 KB, 800x479) Image search: [Google]
1382764781432944787.png
449 KB, 800x479
you are looking at it from a wrong perspective. "manchildren" is just a buzzword by women to shame men for not doing what they think they should be doing. women infact are more infantile and society has become too. people are generally narcissistic and just enjoy feeling superior by belittling someone else activity while themself arent any better.
its a matter of escapism. there is no real difference in playing wow, reading harrypotter, smoking weed or bingedrinking at a party. one is just more socially acceptable. its just a way to avoid growth and responsibility. none of it is wrong anymore.
life used to be about aquiring power wether it was economical, social, spiritual, prodctive. while time could be better spent working and climbing carrerladder, reading something that would make you reflect, growing as a person, networking with people or learning a skill to be applied to create.
most used to ensure better life quality for ones offspring and needed to get a wife.
most have become pointless and not respected anymore. life has been rigged to not be winnable anymore.
>>
>>27348938
Trying to bait bro? First link says the average WII player is 29. It makes sense since a lot of older people bought it to play with their families and those that grew up with the NES and SNES are around that age.

The average age being 31 is misleading as the advocacy group lumps in smartphone games. So anybody can call themselves a gamer even if they only shitty smartphone games or facebook games.
>>
>>27348883
If you watch children's movies, wear children's clothes, read children's books as an adult then you're a retard who clearly is incapable of doing anything other than playing vidya
>>
File: Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg (41 KB, 555x414) Image search: [Google]
Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg
41 KB, 555x414
>>27348745
>How can you say that? Have you played every video game ever?
Silly and foolish question. I have enough knowledge about the medium to make a judgement about what exists, and so do you. If there was some impressive outlier, I'd have heard about it by now.

>online chess is a video game.
That was never originally a video game; I guess we can include digitized anything with inputs as a video game by your definition.

>Conway's game of life is a video game, and everything created within it was from people who played the video game.
How is a simulation that requires only a starting input a game? How do you "win" Conway's game of life? By your definition, any equation or simulation on a computer with a visual component can and should be considered a video game.

>All that stuff about video game developers and the industry etc.
You're right, I was being overly harsh and general with this. Carmack was an example to insult gamers rather than argue anything. You win.

>there have been video games with excellent writing.
I'm genuinely curious about which ones have excellent writing, because I haven't encountered a single one yet. I just hope you don't offer PS:T as the best of the best, because goddamn am I sick of talking about that game.

>Yeah you just come off as a dick. A lot of video games are dumb as shit, but then again so are a lot of TV shows, movies, music, and even books. Yes books can be bad too.
You're correct about there being bad anything, so, whatever, I guess.
>>
>>27348842
The point he's making is that the medium itself does not dictate the artistic value of eveything produced within that medium, you twat. It's a simple concept, and generalizing every book as great, or every video game as trash makes you sound like a close-minded ass.

But go on, tell me of how all film transcends video games. Tell me of the artistic value Sharknado holds, or how the people at Disney aren't pushing out shallow-plotted Marvel movies every year not for money, but for the art.
>>
File: 1423206775078.png (117 KB, 544x585) Image search: [Google]
1423206775078.png
117 KB, 544x585
>>27348940
>Twisted Metal, Deus Ex, Pokemon and Majora's mask

Oh God, I can't handle the secondhand embarrassment, please, someone tell me this is just bait.
>>
>>27349015
Wow, what a retard. That wasn't my point, Sherlock. The point was that not all games are aimed at children, you dumb nigger. Farmville is shit-tier, Planescape: Torment is anything but. It's a crowning achievement not only in the video game medium but in all the mediums overall.
>>
File: -1.png (29 KB, 158x148) Image search: [Google]
-1.png
29 KB, 158x148
>>27348999
>First link says the average WII player is 29
Actually I was going to post that the average age of the nintendo gamer is over 20, since I figure you'd try to claim most nintendo games are meant for kids. I was just too lazy to remove it.

> It makes sense since a lot of older people bought it to play with their families
I don't know how the survey was conducted, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just based off how old the person was who bought the game. In that case, the average gamer would be female soccer moms.

>those that grew up with the NES and SNES are around that age.
BINGO

>even if they only shitty smartphone games or facebook games
the medium of the game doesnt matter
>>
>>27349056
>Planescape: Torment is anything but. It's a crowning achievement not only in the video game medium but in all the mediums overall.

Here we go.

Muh first existential meditation is the penultimate peak of video games, folks.
>>
File: CIMA.png (167 KB, 279x286) Image search: [Google]
CIMA.png
167 KB, 279x286
>>27349054
It's okay bud, you'll learn to appreciate quality when it stares you in the face soon enough, but for now, keep thinking the way society wants you too.
>>
I think we can all agree you aren't a manchild for enjoying things you used to enjoy in your childhood if it's socially acceptable to do so.

A 31 year old man playing games? Nobody would bat an eye. Who cares, everyone does it.

A 31 year old man playing with toys? Yeah..
>>
>>27348086
People have always found different means of escapism. Old people used to play with other toys, like cards, dominoes and whatever else to distract themselves. However videogames are potentially too dangerous because of their easy accessiblity and also because you can play them alone. The fact you can control and play anything, from sport players to RPG soldiers makes it even more dangerous. It's a really, really dangerous landscape, and you won't learn anything useful by wasting countless hours playing videogame! Actually when you think about it, you are doing nothing at all. The game will only teach you how to defeat things in the game. It's very cheap escapism. I'm quite young but I have already realized that games are damaging.

Of course reading a book is much better - you are stimulating your language, learning terms and expressions and you are also developing and updating your cognitive functions, so you actually get smarter when you read a book.

In sum, videogames are bad, you shouldn't play them past your childhood days.
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 622x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 622x521
>>27349056
I'm just baiting you.

I play neopets in my spare time.
>>
>>27349148

>A 31 year old man playing with toys? Yeah..

If he'a Chad it's completely acceptable and quirky.
>>
File: Annah_Front_&_Back.jpg (25 KB, 440x330) Image search: [Google]
Annah_Front_&_Back.jpg
25 KB, 440x330
>>27349131

And let's not forget that EVERYTHING in PS:T, outside of the writing (which is only impressive to teenagers with limited exposure to other stories), is genuinely terrible.

A masterpiece doesn't tend to have glaring bits of hideousness and bullshit strewn throughout it. The interface alone, one of the most important parts of being able to play a game and enjoy it, is notoriously one of the worst ever.
>>
>>27349076
>I don't know how the survey was conducted, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't just based off how old the person was who bought the game. In that case, the average gamer would be female soccer moms.
They ask the person their age and if they consider themselves a gamer or not. What is considered a "gamer" is entirely up to the person they ask. Those soccer moms might play a few facebook games but wouldn't consider themselves "gamers" because they have their children to compare themselves with.

>the medium of the game doesnt matte
It absolutely does. Look at the gender split in the survey. It says that 48% of gamers are female. I guarantee you that the vast majority of those women only play facebook & smartphone games and not what the typical male gamer does. This skews the shit out of the average age as the opens up the spectrum to everything.
>>
>>27349148
/v/: shitty man children losers who live with their mom

/toy/: respectable men with a lot of disposable income
>>
File: video-game.jpg (95 KB, 399x299) Image search: [Google]
video-game.jpg
95 KB, 399x299
>>27349172
Sadly you're right.
It'd be seen as cute or charming.
>>
>>27349147

Those are all good games (except Twisted Metal, which is trash), but none of them have much artistic value. Deus Ex is Neuromancer for fat kids, MM is just a slightly creepy zelda game, etc.

The fact that you cited Pokemon is an obvious attempt at bait, given it is the ultimate example of a franchise made to sell toys and installments.
>>
>>27349198
Hogwash. No woman wants a man that is addicted to videogames and afraid of facing the real world.
>>
>>27348447
thats all it is if that's all you want it to be. reading a book is just sitting in a chair staring at ink on pressed wood if you look at it that way
>>
>>27349205
>artistic value
>not 100% subjective
Might want to go back to elementary school and learn the difference between fact & opinion.

>>27349220
No, they'd rather have a guy that beats them, does drugs, and gets arrested on a regular basis.
>>
File: 1458473363873.jpg (28 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1458473363873.jpg
28 KB, 600x726
>>27349234

He's absolutely correct that SH2 and SoTC are shit, though.
>>
>>27349220
Who said anything about addiction?

I'm pretty sure no woman would want a guy who is addicted to ANYTHING.

Someone addicted to working is just as bad. Would you want a female who is gone 20 hours out of a day because she's working in the office? Probably not.
>>
>>27349193
so you are saying if you have money you are a man if you dont you are children

and women want a man
hm okay
>>
>>27349271
Very good observations, Einstein.
>>
>>27349239

>artistic value is completely subjective and we can't have conversations about it because it's not possible to stick a valuometer into a game and objectively measure its artistic value

Oh boy, another one of these kids that thinks anything with a subjective element pertaining to it should be automatically disregarded and never spoken of again.

4theplayers, guys. I think we should start posting anime porn.
>>
>>27349271
Yes.

if you're rich you're free to do whatever 'manchild' shit you want without anyone caring.

hell, michael jackson bought a themepark and nobody really cared.
>>
>>27349162
>so you actually get smarter when you read a book
Not just any book
>>
>>27349266

>implying everyone on this planet isn't addicted to living
>>
>>27349239

If artistic merit is entirely subjective, you probably shouldn't be asserting that what you like has more artistic merit than anything else.

The irony is hilarious, and I'm sure we'll be getting a backpedaling "I was just pretending to be retarded" any minute now.
>>
>>27349290
>no one really cared

Everyone called him a pedo and rightfully so.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
There isn't really anything wrong with playing video games. It depends on what kind of person you are for there to be any merit to playing them. Not only am I willing to play games for as much as I want to, but I use video games as an abstract inspiration to make art, because video games themselves are art. If you look at something in a video game that doesn't make sense to you, it's better to just think of it as if it were a visual novel playing charades to get you to think about what is going on in the story. This applies to both 2D and 3D, like even something like Super Mario 64. I believe that was always the developer(s)'s intention.
>>
>>27349290
he also had an entire arcade room, yet he had no children.

dude had a good life.

>>27349301
>doesn't understand what addiction means
>>
>>27348560

>>27348810

>complain about strawman

>use strawman
>>
>>27349320

What does addiction mean?
>>
>>27349278
Do you enjoy trying to put words in other people's mouths? You can have a conversation about it, but trying to pass off opinion as fact is different.

>>27349302
I never asserted anything seeing as that was my first post in this thread. Please, keep thinking I'm somebody else, it's hilarious.
>>
>>27349290
>hell, michael jackson bought a themepark and nobody really cared.

He's literally "that sick pedo guy who died at 50" for most people nowadays.
>>
>>27349322
Two different posters, retard.
>>
>>27349315

While I disagree with some of what you said, SM64 is genuinely one of the greatest games ever made.
>>
>>27349266
>I'm pretty sure no woman would want a guy who is addicted to ANYTHING.
>There are unironically more women addicted to smoking currently (at least in EU)
>>
>>27349310
That was only after he was caught playing with kids sexually. Not because he bought the themepark

>>27349332
>the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity.
>synonyms: dependency, dependence, habit, problem
>>
>>27349336

>implying everyone wasn't all "oh boo hoo, he was the greatest" when he died

Then again, it's always like that when someone famous dies.
>>
>>27349343
I like a druggie.
>>
>>27349344

>implying life isn't a thing
>>
File: 1438958406969.png (155 KB, 301x430) Image search: [Google]
1438958406969.png
155 KB, 301x430
reminder that even though you don't play video games you still are a virgin fedora who posts on 4chan
>>
>>27349343
they like the free drugs

women are whores
>>
>>27349365
no such thing as being addicted to being alive.
>>
>>27349346

But Michael Jackson was fucking awesome and I don't even care if he fucked little boys up the ass.

Though, honestly, I kind of doubt he did. He really did seem like the sort that might actually have just groped and fondled boys between cuddling them.
>>
>>27349387

So why exactly is that?
>>
>>27349387
Then kindly explain why you haven't killed yourself.
>>
>>27349395
He was found with CP in his apartment, so yeah he probably did. Or at least molested his own kids

>turning this into a mj pedo thread
>>
normies watch tv all day, and it's not much different. games just aren't old enough for people to have accepted them as "something you do" as opposed to escapism, yet.

compare: young adult fiction a half-century ago
>>
File: 1414172904934.png (405 KB, 766x720) Image search: [Google]
1414172904934.png
405 KB, 766x720
>>27349415

Are you implying most pedos with CP that ever been near a child have molested that child?

Because that sounds untrue to me.

Hey, MJ surely diddled, but I don't think he shoved his dick up a little boy's asshole. That's all.

This also doesn't invalidate the fact that Beat It is the greatest 80's pop single of all time, and in fact, only makes the title that more lasting and clever.
>>
>>27349205
I'm sorry but I think that Pokemon is 'objectively' high art. Just think about the deliberate pace, the way the game introduces you to systems, the way those systems build on each other, the emotional bond you develop with your Pokemon or the feeling when you get into a new town, it's all fucking genius, all of it. True Mozart shit
>>
>>27348086
do people who spend the same amount of time reading books spend the same amount of time trying to grief other readers or show them how much better they are? if it wasn't manchildren who dominate the communities aroung games, nobody would call gamers manchildren. everybody played games and watched anime as kids. even in adulthood these things are just part of a wide variety of entertaining activities. where you get the judgment is where most people talking about books all the time are just a little odd, whereas most people obsessing about games are fucking retarded.

>>27349422
watching tv all day is not acceptable unless you're over 50
playing some form of video game has been acceptable for 20+ years
>>
>>27348496
But those are things that everyone does, not something done mostly by kids. Video games aren't exclusive to children and kids, but if you want to sit and play all day, then you deserve to be called a manchild because kids can't really play all day, even they have to go to school and live with parental restrictions. You're parents can't say shit to you cause you're a man now but you insist on doing what a child dreams of doing, ergo manchild.
>>
>tfw no manchild gf who plays video games all day and insists they're art
>>
File: Me Want A Mate.jpg (50 KB, 450x653) Image search: [Google]
Me Want A Mate.jpg
50 KB, 450x653
"Hey guys, I need help selecting activities that will be approved of by people I don't like, can you help?"
>>
>>27349655
I knew a girl like that in uni.
she was cute and we played wii for like 6 hours straight.

..why the fuck didnt i date her
>>
>>27349682
Being that fat is just fucking stupid.

The bigger you are, the faster you lose the weight.

He could probably lose 100lbs just by walking 2 miles everyday for a month.
>>
File: 1313514701975.jpg (9 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1313514701975.jpg
9 KB, 300x250
>>27349168
coolest dude itt desu
>>
File: image.jpg (401 KB, 1227x1227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
401 KB, 1227x1227
This thread is officially awarded the #1 most shitposted thread of the day ribbon
>>
>spend 100 hours playing games
>most of the time is spend doing repetitive tasks for a small rush of dopamine

>spend 100 hours reading
>you just went through 6000 pages of potentially new knowledge
>>
>>27348086
People that spend their entier day playing mmos don't have a lot of friends, most of these "friends" actually come from the game itself. They'd go crazy if instead of having a semi-social experience they'd just read a book alone all day
>>
File: 523742ko.png (917 KB, 691x682) Image search: [Google]
523742ko.png
917 KB, 691x682
>>27349931
I was like that, most my friends were online back when I played WoW and runescape, I tried to read and I was so slow and would usually fall asleep by after I flipped a page.

Now I don't even have online friends but 2 close real friends, I can only read short stories, like really short ones like Kafka and Sherlock Holmes.

How do you get into reading? There was a shit post thread yesterday about subvocalising or something like that and I think I might be retarded.
>>
>>27348883
I'm on your side there anon. Telling someone to commit suicide can kind of ruin your point though.
>>
>>27349205
Don't forget ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. People who see video games just as entertainment are really stupid.
>>
>>27349655
>>27349697

I'd rather cut my dick off than deal with a gamer grrl desu senpai.
>>
>>27350269

Both of those games are fucking terrible. Please kill yourself as soon as possible.
>>
>>27350290
Nice b8, keep seeing video games just for what they are on the surface.
Why were they terrible again?
>>
>>27350066
>How do you get into reading?
You find a time for it (eg you go to bed 30 minutes earlier every night and read, in public transportation, whatever), you pick an author you've heard of or a genre you're curious about and you start reading. If you've never read much, maybe try fantasy, since that's the setup of most mmos so you're probably into it already. But mostly I'd recommend the most famous authors of your country of origin, since 1/ if they're that famous, they're probably good 2/ it will make you look like a more cultured person.
>>
>>27349054
>Yuri Kuma Arashi
absolutely horrible taste
>>
>>27350066
I don't like literature, but honestly just read about stuff u like.
>>
File: 87678.png (291 KB, 558x672) Image search: [Google]
87678.png
291 KB, 558x672
>>27350428
>tfw you don't have a time to go to bed
If I read before I sleep, I just end up sleeping
>>
>>27348086
Just look at /r9k/. Games is most popular hobby here, and we are all losers. Bet if they read books instead, they would be less "depressed" and "ankward"
>>
File: 123324230.png (105 KB, 500x346) Image search: [Google]
123324230.png
105 KB, 500x346
>>27348462
not that you probably expected to get an answer to this but, from the looks of the setting he is probably in a tournament, playing a custom to configure his controls. aatrox is one of the first champs so easy to click, solo cause hes just changing controls and heal because its a basic summoner he's not going to be playing in that game anyway.
>>
>>27349415
He wasn't sexually attracted to little kids. He was just mentally a kid himself so he naturally only wanted to hang out with them.

Do you think a pedo would openly speak about how he loves children so much and be seen with children all the time?
>>
File: 1401422605028.jpg (158 KB, 1078x710) Image search: [Google]
1401422605028.jpg
158 KB, 1078x710
>>27350066
>Kafka and Sherlock Holmes

I can't read old shit. I just can't. The experiences are so far removed from what I've experienced that I find it unbearably dull. I don't even believe people who tell me they enjoy things written or made before the 1960s.
>>
>>27348201
>Hasn't played competitive games like SCII or Dota
>Doesn't play KSP
>Doesn't sandbox games like minecraft or space engineers where you can make complex logic gates or build creative space ships
>>
Don't games like Counter Strike teach extreme coordination with other people?
>>
>>27349032
>That was never originally a video game
Every movie based on novel isn't a movie.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.