[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/LDG/ Lucid Dreaming General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11
What is /r9k/'s opinion on lucid dreaming?
Is it a good method of escapism?
I've never experienced it, so any first timer tips would be great.
>>
Pretty good. Not reliable enough to be solid escapism.

Next time you're dreaming and you realise it's a dream while it's going on, don't wake up. Instead, realise you are now god and go for a fly.
I've got telekinesis down in dreams now. It's pretty fun. But it's bad that when you wake up a part of you thinks you can really do it.
>>
not real, sorry
>>
bump
asdgfghasdfg
>>
File: 1414139532348.jpg (16 KB, 450x370) Image search: [Google]
1414139532348.jpg
16 KB, 450x370
>>27339859
>not real
>mfw this guy might actually be serious
>>
>>27339721
Looking to get into it more. Life has been pretty stressful training in three disciplines learning 2 languages and an instrument, Lucid dreaming would help me get some time to myself.
From what ive heard, set an alarm for 4.5 hours from when you go to sleep. That will wake you up, and so you should do something fun but not active for an hour. Then, go back to bed on your back to binural beats or throat singing or something
>>
>>27339721
>What is /r9k/'s opinion on lucid dreaming?

We sleep for almost half our lives, it would be a waste not to take advantage of our dreams.
>Is it a good method of escapism?

I guess so, although that wasn't the main reason I got into it.
>I've never experienced it, so any first timer tips would be great.

I think out of all the methods, tips and drugs to help you lucid dream, the most effective one for me was to keep reminding yourself whether you're dreaming or awake AND to keep a record of your dreams.

Having said that, I only had one lucid dream voluntarily so far.
I was unable to die in the dream when I was attacked, but whenever I tried to do something supernatural like fly it wouldn't work.

I actually got into lucid dream a few months ago.
I was under a lot of stress and it was so intense I actually started lucid dreaming involuntarily.
This happened every night for almost a month.

I've been trying to lucid dream ever since. I see it as a way to help solve issues/problems that have been bugging me while awake.
>>
My experience on lucid (?) dreaming

this is what i observe on how i sleep:
>half-sleep, technically hearing while eyes still shut
>mind is aware of dreaming and can return to the dreaming after a short wake, expereinced this many times
>at some point of a bad dream, realize its a bad dream and do whatever irrational stuff inside dream to fix it
>some dreams make gave me good realizations in life, but i forgot them
>i dreamt some movie plots, but i dont think its lucid

i dont have dreams the past few months, no deductible reason why

is it lucid dreaming guys
>>
Actual lucid dreams aren't fun. They're terrifying. I doubt any of you have ever had a real one.
>>
>>27342280
pls explain what u mean
>>
>>27339859
Yes it is fag.
>>27342280
WRONG
I used to lucid dream a few times in high school when I felt so depressed I was looking for any kind of escape. I probably had like 30 in my life it can be hard to do because you have to know before you sleep its what you REALLY want to do and you need to focus on it to do it right like repeating to yourself before bed "I will have vivid dreams tonight and I will become lucid". Its hard at first and it takes practice but once you do it you will be amazed.
I had dreams where I fucked beautiful women and I flew like superman over the beautiful night sky. Having sex in a dream is great you can literally imagine your waifu and you can just start fucking her. I am a virgin but in the dreams having sex feels way better then masturbating and a great lucid dream can be better then most drugs.
>>
>>27343154
Not that anon, but I recently had my first lucid dream. You realize it's a dream, sure, but nothing can be controlled. I dreamt I was in a building where gravity was reversed -- but only for me. I kept flying up towards the ceiling and the people around me were just acting like it was no biggie. I tried to control what was going on to no avail. I had to wait it out until I woke up
>>
>>27343209
>Just BE confident bro
No really thats it once you realize you are a god you can literally do anything. If you are unsure of yourself it wont work. It you imagine a pretty girl from real life she will appear all you have to do is say get on your knees and suck my dick its that simple. All the characters in your dreams are just your slaves.
>>
>>27339721
It's an interesting trip, here is my method:
- induce sleep paralysis, lots of ways to do it, figure it out. When I go to bed I can usually feel if I am or am not prone to it
- during sleep paralysis, wait for the 'vibrations' or 'electrical pulse' like sensations to start. Now you're in deep and there's no escape until the paralysis session is over.
- 'Will' yourself out of bed and go for a flight. Sometimes it feels light and swift, other times like swimming in molasses. Once you're outside the perception of your own bed or room, it's a free game. If you think that you can find a girl and rape and molest her, it will happen. Enter someone's house and she's right there. Go for the pussy and it's a perfect bush, so on and so forth.

Sleep paralysis is pretty unreliable and plenty of times, perhaps most times, you feel straight panic and a sense of suffocation and can't focus on 'dreaming', but it seems to be the only way to have any sort of lucidity. And even then it's weak, your mind is still pretty scrambled. I don't believe in any other lucid dreaming techniques, I feel like those are just dreams where you think you are lucid or realize that you're dreaming but your control is limited. If there is not panic, suffocation and SP, it's not real lucid dreaming.
>>
I feel if I did this I wouldn't be able to tell reality, that's why I avoid this kind of stuff

I even had a dream earlier this morning about waking up, but I wasn't awake until I actually woke up doing the usual shit routine
>>
this shit is the biggest meme

>DUUUDE I WAS LIKE SOO LUCID OMG I JUMPED UP IN THE AIR AND I FLEW!!! SO KEWL AND THEN I SUMMONED A NAKED CHICK AND WE HAD SEX IT WAS CASH

yeah ok

you sure did champ
>>
>>27343405
Don't sweat it, Anon. These people are fucking idiots. You won't get through to them. Namely: >>27343339
>>
>>27343345
>sleep paralysis
You are badass I never want to go into that with all the horror stories you hear about it with demons and I will probably shit bricks. I just stick to the MILD technique even tho its really unreliable.
>>
>>27343209
>nothing can be controlled

Perhaps you weren't able to control that particular dream, I don't know. But based on my own experience and everything I've read and heard, I think it's safe to say that in general, people can control what happens in a lucid dream.
>>
>>27343405
>>27343431
>I CANT DO IT SO IT MUST NOT BE REAL LMAO
The worst kind of atheists.
>>
>literally can cure depression

why arent you guys even trying it?
>>
>>27343471
I've had one. You haven't.
>>
>>27343405
Lucid dreaming is exaggerated as fuck, whenever I go lucid I just float around for a bit and shoot laser out of my fingers.

One time I made my waifu appear and kissed her but it felt weird and unrealistic as fuck and then my dream fell apart from having to imagine a 2d person in the third dimension.
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 179x281) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 179x281
what if you could get gains through lucid dreaming?
>>
>>27343504
Just because you had babies first lucid dream doesn't mean you are a master at it. You can literally do anything in a lucid dream with practice.
>>
>>27342280
You're thinking of sleep paralysis, which is some legit scary shit.
>>
File: 1453945368579.png (119 KB, 281x440) Image search: [Google]
1453945368579.png
119 KB, 281x440
>>27343547
>lucid dream
>do 10,000 pushups
>never get tired because it's a dream
>brain activates the muscles while I'm sleeping so it's like I'm really working out
>wake up and I'm jacked
>>
>>27343658
sounds painful that much rapid muscule growth in such a short time but probably. you fap in a dream you wake up with jizz, your scared in a dream you wake up nervous and sweaty, you work out in a dream..probably same? its the deepest form of meditation i wouldnt be surprised if it worked but would probably take longer
>>
Never been able to do it. Always get sleep paralysis instead. Have had sleep. Paralysis episodes most nights for 24 years and it still scares the crap out of me.
>>
File: 48749816_p1.jpg (661 KB, 800x958) Image search: [Google]
48749816_p1.jpg
661 KB, 800x958
I conquered lucid dreaming after I had a weird realization. I don't have feelings when I dream.

I have too much empathy, too sensitive. Even mild emotions make me wake up instantly. And the harder I tried to have amazing and fantastic dream the less I could.

So before going to sleep I just visualize a dream that I want to have, but did so in the most detached way possible. Like watching a boring movie.

Example: I have the fantasy of being a hot 2D girl and having kinky hentai sex. It gets me all maniac and aroused.
But when I do it in lucid dreaming it felt like it was just everyday life. Like if I was watching a movie in an Oculus Rift.

Same with things like superpowers and alien creatures. The more mundane I feel about them them more likely I am to control and create them.
>>
>>27343436
I'm almost certain SP and lucid dreaming are deeply intertwined. You can't have one without the other.

I think the normie-tier lucid dreaming is just what I'd call 'suggestive' dreams. Dreams deform your memory and what you remember happening in your dream may not be what actually happened, but your suggestive mind has created this blob you attribute to be your dream. People thinking they were lucid remember their dreams as if what they did were what they consciously wanted to do at the time. I think this is also the basis of prophetic dreams and concepts like 'astral projection' which is just sleep paralysis with a bunch of new age wank. The concepts of freewill and memory really break down during sleep.
>>
>>27339721
I did this regularly by lying on my back and counting for as long as I could stay conscious.
Cool stuff. Sleep paralysis is a bitch though, but not as bad as everyone says it is.
>>
>>27343932
explains why a lot of these lucid dreaming techniques are all about remembering, keeping journals, and pre-creating suggestions. it's all a method of deforming your memory to your own suggestions. Notice how they ignore techniques which you must apply during the act
>>
>>27343962
and thats all you have to do to lucid dream? None of that dream journal shit?
>>
File: dōshite watashi ga.png (274 KB, 360x475) Image search: [Google]
dōshite watashi ga.png
274 KB, 360x475
>>27339859
Are you confusing this with astral travel? Lucid dreaming is most definitely real, and astral travel is "real" in that it's possible to do, even if you're not actually stepping outside of your body and it's just some sort of vivid hallucination.
>>
File: yume nikki10.jpg (121 KB, 700x595) Image search: [Google]
yume nikki10.jpg
121 KB, 700x595
How do you lucid dream for more than a few seconds? I've done it twice and my dream collapses very soon after I realize I'm dreaming.
>>
ive been able to do it since around the age of seven. my dream recall is far above average
>>
>>27344326
Does it really just fall apart or is it things trying to scare you away?

The only time I wake up or fall back into regular dreaming is from aberrant dreamforms trying to spook me, so that's all I have tips for.

In general, probably more waking practice.
>>
File: 1399395870423.png (830 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1399395870423.png
830 KB, 792x792
Not a lucid dream, but a few nights ago, I had a dream that a God thing came from deep space, like the reapers, he/it arrived in sections, I remember looking up into the night sky and seeing this sort of constellation growing brighter and brighter every night and people started freaking out once they noticed it happening.

Eventually everyone all stopped and started looking up, there was a change in the lights and then all of the sudden the entity got super close, then my perspective got changed, i was on the moon and I saw the God creature reaching out to the moon and next thing I know i'm back on earth, I see the moon explode, then I'm on the shoulder of the God creature and I'm watching it aiming at earth, next thing I hear Earth crack and explode into 4 pieces

Then I woke up...
>>
>think that I'll try lucid dreaming again and take trips to my personal fantasy world
>get a dream journal
>either forget to write in it or feel too tired to write
>do reality checks so often that they become pointless, do them in dreams and nothing happens because they're just habits
>don't have time for weird techniques that involve waking in the middle of the night because I have to work and already don't get enough sleep
>vitamins don't actually do anything
>give up

>months later, think I'll try lucid dreaming again ...
>>
File: 1458616696577.png (304 KB, 396x396) Image search: [Google]
1458616696577.png
304 KB, 396x396
>need to write down my dreams to improve recall
>can't get myself to do anything as soon as i wake up
>want to do DEILD
>move automatically as soon as i wake up

I am pretty knowledgeable on lucid dreaming in general, but I've only had a few because I'm shit at being consistent and taking things seriously. This has been going on for almost a decade
>>
If you can do it, I totally recommend it. I've been doing it since I was like four years old.

It's about as immersive as reading a great book--you feel like you're there and you can see all kinds of amazing things, but you are always aware that it isn't reality.
>>
>>27344116
The dream journals definitely help (and I do them now), but there's more than one way to it.
I accidentally discovered it by just counting every night. I stumbled across lucid dreaming and all the other stuff when trying to figure out what was the fuck was happening to me.
>>
>>27343825
>Like if I was watching a movie in an Oculus Rift.

You probably don't have as much control as you think you do. Watch this playlist, it goes through all of the "layers" of lucidity you can have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywwlib29LgU&list=PLCD2ADE63BB187AB5
>>
I've been able to do this since I was a kid. Just thought it was normal.
>>
Can't lucid dream but melatonin and nicotine always give me vivid dreams. Haven't tried both together though.
>>
alright candy asses, long time lucid dreamer here. basically it's sort of like autism, you're on a scale of awareness. the more aware you are in the dream the harder it is to stay in the dream but the more you can control the dream. the most effective way for extreme lucid dreaming is through deep meditation. there are other methods but they are most effective when used in conjunction with meditation into fabricating your dreamscape. just as bhudda might say observe your thoughts don't push them out. this is where it gets tricky as once you are deep enough into sleep you have to subtly change your environment or you're going to just wake up after 5 seconds of banging some delicious anime puss in your dream. if you are honestly interested in lucid dreaming daily, keep a dream journal as it will greatly increase how many dreams you remember. you are always dreaming no matter what brain wave you are in they are just more coherent in the theta state. there's so much shit to say about this so if you have any questions shoot
>>
>>27346007
So what do you usually do to get a lucid dream? Listing your steps would be nice.
>>
>>27346122
it's a combination of discipline and interest. the dream journal is pretty much required. regular practice of meditation is extremely important and basically impossible if you want to induce lucid dreams without reality checking. you lay down in bed all comfy and shit, earplugs if you need them, lights out. simple meditation tricks such as imagining you are slowly falling or sinking work pretty well for me. laying on my back is the only way i can be comfortable enough to stay conscious. so i lay on my back and meditate, don't move a fucking inch, don't swallow, nothing. extreme discipline and most of the time you will get extremely restless and want to change positions. how deep you have to go is basically all dependent on how well you are at realizing you are already dreaming all the time. once you no longer know what the fuck you are seeing or you start to lose consciousness and track of what you're invisioning you slowly bring an idea in and go from there. the longer you meditate and go deeper and deeper the more vivid and in control you will be over your landscape
>>
I dream heavily and often, but I can't lucid dream effectively

Usually when I hit lucidity I get the 'oh shit I'm asleep' moment and the dream collapses

Sometimes I fall into a weird state below lucidity where I can "sv_cheats 1" and clip through walls and stuff, but it's still a part of the dream. I have control of the dream but I'm not aware of it.

>>27343209
I've had this too. It might just take practice, idk.
>>
File: 1370579934546.jpg (218 KB, 520x638) Image search: [Google]
1370579934546.jpg
218 KB, 520x638
>>27344146
>mfw I had an out of body experience when 9 and saw future events of my life ocurring at 15, 23-35, 26-27, 28-29, and 33
>mfw so far it's all come true
>mfw there can very well be an afterlife
>mfw this life may just be a short nightmare in the face of eternity
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 563x542
Read this thread before going to sleep last night and dreamt of spying on girls in the girls locker room. Got found out, so they came outside and threw off their robes and swam naked in the pool. Hopped in with 'em and had lots of groping. This is one part where lucid dreaming would be extremely helpful.

>mfw
>>
>>27342217
Those sound very close to lucid dreaming but not quite there yet.
You seem to only be semi aware of when you're dreaming.
>>
I experienced sleep paralysis and lucid dreams a few times, but I wasn't able to control them. But it's okay, because you can't always control lucid dreams.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.