[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/shutinyoutubegeneral/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: Screenshot__4_.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot__4_.png
1 MB, 1366x768
Hey /r9k/, why haven't you started a YouTube channel?

https://youtu.be/kxim2RSDZiw

I've made a thread for my last video release, I linked fellow robots and got some criticism and tips, meme comments, ect on my new video. This board is generally friendly about giving you good support and contributing to the fun.

Basically, most of us are locked up all day doing a whole lot of nothing, and starting a small channel and making some fun videos is actually really rewarding. I recommend making some silly videos in your free time, then sharing them with your robot pals.

In the absence of 'gf' and 'friends' you can join a club of small memers and have some fun on the world wide NET. I'd really like to start a small community of sorts where we feed off of each other's tumorous vibes.

>what kind of videos would you make
>what kind of channels would you watch
>rate other's content
>share small channels
>brainstorm and discuss
>get comfy

/shutinyoutubegeneral/ I guess.
>>
Probabaly a weed smoking/longplay channel with no face cam... but theres so many faggots doing that already. Id be just like everyone else but with memes and nice bongs.
>>
File: AnimeBattle.jpg (77 KB, 591x435) Image search: [Google]
AnimeBattle.jpg
77 KB, 591x435
>>27329095
What steps do you need to take in order to start a channel like that? The WEED factor would be really redundant without a facecam. I'd also recommend playing older, trippy games- ps2 era. Make your channel a comfy loner stoner zone..r.

Good idea, but you really have to make your channel stand out.
>>
Maybe we can start a community of robots on zippcast.com its literally early 2007 YT
>>
You're cool, man. You're interesting. You're ironic, hip.

Stop trying so hard, dude. People like you are obnoxious and easy to see through
>>
>>27329134
The ps2 games idea is a good one, because i already emulate alot of vidya for fun. Do you have any tips
>>
>>27329135
I have that site bookmarked but haven't had time to lurk it and check it out yet. I would like to start a channel there, or just upload my YouTube videos there and start to work on that community. The old 2007 YouTube was the best YouTube, and zippcast can provide that.

What I'm saying is that I will look into it later, but it seems to be a more fertile ground than Google's YouTube. I hope zippcast does well but I won't be moving my channel over. Unfortunately I will keep my original and probably focus most of my attention there
>>
>>27329163
I don't know a whole lot about streaming and such, but I do have some general tips.

Constantly shill and share your stuff if you ever do start. It seems shameful but the people who end up liking what you are making will be glad you plugged yourself to them. The people who dislike that you are self promoting will gripe and then forget that you asked them to check out your stuff withing 120 seconds.

Upload on a schedule and just be interesting. Rhythm and uniformity are nice and will encourage people to subscribe and stick around.

Be sure to reply to comments and interest with people who watch your stuff.

Don't settle for anything that is not HD.

Spew out content until you get better at what you're doing. Don't be embarrassed and delete everything like eggman.
>>
bumping with a good small channel that's p comfy

https://youtu.be/4G3PrKkO_VY
>>
>>27329077
I've wanted to do it for a long time but I dont have enough privacy to record myself or even edit moderately nsfw videos
my computer is literally in the hall between the kitchen and everyone's rooms
fuck this apartment
>>
>>27329765
why can't you move it to your room, do you have a room?
>>
File: ITS TRIPLE.gif (2 MB, 317x231) Image search: [Google]
ITS TRIPLE.gif
2 MB, 317x231
>want to record my xbox gameplay
>can't

No one will ever see me playing Ninja Gaiden Black perfectly.. it hurt my feefee
>>
File: 1458594325961.png (412 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1458594325961.png
412 KB, 900x900
>>27329844
there's no space for my desktop in there
home gym troubles
>>
>>27329949
Classic xbox bro
Im currently playing need for speed underground 2 kek
>>
File: 1457969309563.jpg (29 KB, 571x547) Image search: [Google]
1457969309563.jpg
29 KB, 571x547
>>27329949
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MIQ40JQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1458661676&sr=8-2&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=xbox+game+capture&dpPl=1&dpID=31lvwwaR78L&ref=plSrch

Save up and buy this. Worst case scenario you end up not enjoying it, resell it and lose maybe 50$ total. Edit your videos in an interesting way and play old 360 games in a comfy manner and I would gladly watch, familia. Good luck.

And if you're referring to classic Xbox that's even better. Game capture cards that just have rgb and not HDMI input are cheaper, and the retro game market is about to become in again, I suggest you get in quickly.
>>
>>27329949
i fucking love this game but im shit at it. i cant get past this plant boss, i think im like 1/3 of the way thru the game.. its after an airship and some city, then a plant boss that goes on for ages with some lizard enemies i think. i just cant beat it and i rage quit.

now its like dark souls, i want to see the whole game but im too pleb to
>>
>>27330034
Make space. You will enjoy your privacy if you do, and have the ability to edit videos.

And if you absolutely cannot then I guess you just can't. Sorry anon.
>>
Is there a good youtube alternative? Any small up-and-coming video hosts that I could join while they're young?
>>
>>27329163
imo you need something that differentiates it from the 100,000+ other channels but that takes effort that most dont want to do
>>
>>27330078
Do i need a good pc for editing video? i got a toaster sadly

>>27330111
chapter?

if you're playing on normal difficulty just play with vigoorian flail until you got the True Dragon Sword
>>
>>27330195
Lol but what can i do thats original when everyone is already doing gaming channels.
>>
>>27330199
Not really. Graphics cards, processors, shit like that can speed up your rendering time but as long as you're willing to endure some lag you should probably be able to edit with a few hiccups. Gameplay on the other hand is different, recording gameplay through your computer can be cumbersome and require certain specs. I know only a little bit about it, I'd do an internet search for more advice.
>>
What makes a good video, do guys like vlogs?
Though most vlogs on r9k seem to be like that one autistic looking guy who blames everyone but himself for being forever alone.

>>27329095
No face cams on let's play are much better anon. I prefer these kind.
>>
File: pepe.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
>>27329765
This has been a limiting factor for me as well. At least for when I still seriously wanted to make YT videos.

I've been considering making youtube videos since 2008. In fact, back in 2009 I even made a mysteryGuitarMan-type video, but never uploaded it. Probably for the best, because I was a fairly fat teenage neckbeard with afro hair and a heavy accent.

I stlll can get youtube famous, given my country's youtube section only started developing very recently, in the past couple years.

However the problem is that I don't want to make a career as an entertainer. I would like to make chemistry/science/electronics related videos, but only as a hobby, and only when I'm financially secure.
>>
>>27330223
dunno, but just by doing something you're ahead of 90,000 of those channels

personally id make the actual player a fictional character who is strange/creepy like redlettermedia reviews. sometimes in gameplay theyd say/do weird things, cut footage to strange shit thats "not supposed to be in the video", get called from off screen..etc, or show their creepy drawings they did for the game..

i dunno i like /x/ and niche survival horror. what do you like? get creative or dont. whatever
>>
>>27330223
Play old obscure games. Look up timesplitters, metropolismania
>>
>>27330333
> timesplitters is obscure now
kill me
>>
we're going to make it guys.. we're going to get youtube money and live a luxury neet life
>>
>>27330401
Unfortunately yes. It is to the average 'I watch gameplay' kid. Gameplay youtubers should be showing kids the right way by giving them a good taste in video games, and as someone who was considering starting a channel (maybe not specifically you) it is your responsibility to swallow the pill that most people DONT know what you're playing, and introduce it like it's new.
>>
>>27330417
How does the money work? Do you have to have adverts activated and obviously if you have a million subscribers they'e all gonna be seeing those adverts, so more people see ads, more money you make?
How can you make it a full time job?
At which point do you "make it?"

Also if you have copyrighted content can you not make money from that video?
>>
>>27330452
you "make it" when youtube verifies your account.
>>
>>27330452
$1 per 1k views + advertising + product placement

No money if copyright infringement
>>
>look on Amazon for Timesplitters Future Perfect
>see this

My god. I regret ever losing my copy.

>>27330452
You make a Google Adsense account and enable monetization on your videos. In my video that I linked above, I have monetization enabled. That means whenever someone sits through an ad on my channel I get paid tiny shillings. It isn't much considering all of my subscribers use adblock because I am basically just a 4chan YouTuber.
You 'made it' as soon as it's paying for your bills.
>>
tips on how to make silly meme videos like OP?
>>
>>27330658
see the meme, feel the meme, become the meme.
>>
>>27331072
I've really had a good time making these. My eventual goal is to start opening viewer mail, but I need to get to a couple hundred subscribers before I can do that. Thanks to all you guys who have subbed by the way, I'm gonna do some really disgusting videos soon

Any suggestions/criticisms?
>>
I have a channel where I play obscure spooky or weird games. Should Iink it? It feels like a niche that wouldn't interest a lot of people
>>
>>27331458
Doesn't PewDiePie do that?
You've got competition thee anon.
>>
>>27331498
Oh no, I don't wanna be like Pewdiepie at all anon.
I just want to show some obscure games to the world, and I have my voice there because otherwise it would be kind of boring to watch.
I don't have a facecam and I don't scream, I try to be as genuine as I can in my reactions.
>>
>>27331458
I will sub to you if you post it. We need some OC in this thread.

I'd love to see what you play.
>>
>>27331529
youtube.com/selfishdream
Well there you go.
Enjoy, I guess?
>>
>>27331546
I like your voice anon
>>
>>27331575
Well thank you! I always feel like my accent sounds like the illegitimate child of Tommy Wiseau and Christopher Walken, but I'm glad people don't find my voice too obnoxious.
>>
I've always wanted to do a lets play channel, not of like the latest meme games and having a face cam and such. Just a traditional one, don't care if it gets popular. A blind LP channel, so I play games I've never played before. Because I like watching those. I have the equipment due to having streamed for friends before. But it's bare bones, not only that but the fact that I'm not doing it means that the games I've never played before, like classic games or high regarded games, the ones people would watch get shorter and shorter. Also my accent is odd. I know there are plenty of lets players with thick accents that are sort of endearing but it's why I don't like to talk on the internet.
>>
bump
is anyone gonna make a channel now
>>
One idea I had was to play Rogue (the original) once a day and record the attempt. I'd do this daily until I beat it.
But I don't want to commentate, and without commentary, it'd essentially just be a bunch of text on the screen.
Someone else do my idea!
>>
>>27331862
There were two gaming youtubers ITT, maybe they'll pick it up
>>
one idea i had was to make a retro video game channel like angryjamesvideonerds but only for the SWJ viewpoint
>>
>>27330306
After watching the depressive mario party retsuprae someone should do a sad youtuber kind of deal. Perfect for /r9k/ and stuff. Monotone voice, a lot of depressive statements, sounds like he's gonna cry some times, has no friends to play multiplayer games with, never seems to be having fun, a lot of long pauses where he says nothing, then just sighs.
>>
File: 1454764269769.jpg (345 KB, 1274x1920) Image search: [Google]
1454764269769.jpg
345 KB, 1274x1920
Why does everyone want to do videogames? I've literally seen know one comment that they wanted to make a channel with a different topic, it has all been games.
>>
bump XDDDDDDDD
orinigle
>>
I bought a mic but my stutter is too painful. if I had a chad thundercock voice and delivery I'd do some kind of channel.
>>
>>27332611
the stutter can be your thing desu. Fellow robots would watch you and I would sub.

Learn to be confident in your deformities, at least you aren't a normie.
>>
I can't do it
I'm ugly so no face cam. I have a boring monotone voice and cr1tikal already has that gimmick under wraps. I'm completely uninteresting. Not to mention I have nothing to record. Let's plays are over saturated and there's nothing else I do or am knowledgeable on.
>>
>>27332645
I don't know. there are so many critical person on youtube. channels like leafyishere search out others to make fun of. I'd be fodder based on my stutter alone. on top of that, I have autistic sincerity so I stick out even more.

thanks for the thought though.
>>
File: kingfisher.png (236 KB, 429x300) Image search: [Google]
kingfisher.png
236 KB, 429x300
I haven't been posting very often, but I have some comfy nature footage on my channel. I will be posting more this Spring.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqd3VjBVvzmX0uZRCibPOng
>>
>>27332953
>channels like leafyishere search out others to make fun of
Never heard of this obnoxious cunt until somebody posted in another thread, what is he, like 16 years old?
In one video, maybe even his trailer intro, I noticed he was making fun of some kind on YouTube for making a vlog video and I was so pissed of, this Leafy dude clearly has all this expensive equipment bought by his parents so who is he to judge others?

I fucking hate these people.
>>
Is it possible to make a channel centered around one game? It has a kinda small player base, so that might be a problem.
>>
What is good recording software?
>>
I'm not interesting and I'm not pretty to look at
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5vUsQCQw_8A

i make really dumb videos when my legs grow too long :( but it should help! mommy says it won't bring daddy back but what does she know! ha . :)
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.