[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>took 2mg Xanax forty minutes before going outside >walked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1457728938353.jpg (20 KB, 361x330) Image search: [Google]
1457728938353.jpg
20 KB, 361x330
>took 2mg Xanax forty minutes before going outside
>walked around for three hours listening to music
>still felt anxious and scared and awkward, the only difference being my muscles were more relaxed and I felt sleepy
I am literally going to kill myself.
>>
It takes time.
Also Xanax is more for sleeping.

You need to combo that with some light anti anxiety-depressiong drug, pref third gen
>>
There's no pharmaceutical cure for being a lazy pussy.
>>
>>27255277
What does anxiety from a personality disorder have to do with me being a lazy pussy? Fuck off.
>>
If anything, you have a "lack of personality-disorder".
You're anxious about what? Why?
You're a pussy and lazy because you're scared for no reason and won't work through the problem for a solution, you want a pill that will make you feel fine about being a lazy pussy!
>>
>>27255053
>It takes time.
>Also Xanax is more for sleeping.
no it doesn't. that's the point of a strong anxiolytic like xanax.

>>27255021
xanax is more suited to panic/anxiety attacks. long action anxiolytic effects would be better achieved through klonopin or atavan.

have you ever, and if so since when, taken any anti-depressants or anti-psychotics? if you're anything like me then taking these meds since 13 completed destroyed your brain's dopamine/serotonin/norep systems and the drugs don't really do anything for your because there is nothing to antagonize or agonize.

ignore the shitposting cunts telling you to kill yourself.
>>
File: 1414305257103.jpg (26 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
1414305257103.jpg
26 KB, 472x461
>>27255277
Well, actually, stims will take care of that pretty effectively.
>>
klonopin would probably work better
>>
>>27255613
That's not even remotely true. I do have a personality, and on "good days" (once or twice every two years or so) I can be very funny, sociable, talk to anyone (even girls), and basically be a normal, functioning person. The rest of the time I'm a nervous, anxious, neurotic mess who can barely leave the house. It's completely random and out of my control how I feel on any given day.

It's got nothing to do with laziness, you fucking Just-World-subscribing empathy-less normie faggot. Telling me to "man up" isn't going to do anything except help you beat your chest over the internet and pat yourself on the back for being such a "strong person, brah." Congratulations, you're fortunate enough to not be mentally-ill. Stop acting as though that's some kind of accomplishment on your part and that everyone who isn't mentally-well is a lazy asshole.

Get the fuck out of my thread.
>>
>>27255731
answer my questions instead of the stupid cunts on here. >>27255668
>>
>>27255710
Already tried Klonopin, my man. It helped me a little with conversations and slowing my speech down enough to actually think about what I'm saying before I say it, but it still didn't do much for the racing anxious thoughts I got while out in public, no matter how much I took. Aren't benzos pretty much objectively supposed to work? I don't know what's going on, my dude.
>>
File: 1456320393800.jpg (34 KB, 654x639) Image search: [Google]
1456320393800.jpg
34 KB, 654x639
>>27255695
This frog fucker knows what's up.
>>
>>27255751
My bad, family. Yeah, I've taken a bunch of antidepressants since I was 18 (20 now): Lexapro, Paxil, Wellbutrin, and Effexpr. There was also one antipsychotic--Zyprexa. I'm not taking anything now except the Xanax. Never tried Ativan, though--maybe that'll work better.
>>
>>27255807
>My bad, family. Yeah, I've taken a bunch of antidepressants since I was 18 (20 now): Lexapro, Paxil, Wellbutrin, and Effexpr.
>There was also one antipsychotic--Zyprexa.
a few things stand out to me here:

you didn't take any anti-X when you were in prime developmental years so you probably don't suffer from neurotransmitter depletion or other problems.

you took effexor which is notorious for fucking people up (i'm sure you remember the withdrawals after coming off it.)

you took zyprexa which is notorious for fucking people up not just mentally but metabolically as well. i still have metabolic issues stemming from when i started zyprexa. i don't think there is any worse anti-psychotic for metabolic issues that zyprexa except for maybe seroquel and clozapine.

your anxiety is likely to respond best to CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) but that won't work unless you open yourself up to it. benzos are a stopgap for a problem that won't go away and the benzos will hurt you when you get addicted and have to take 4mg of xanax to get the effect of 2mg and so forth.

consider CBT and tapering off the benzos.

don't know what your anxiety stems from (bad home life, single mom i'm guessing) but CBT is actually quite effective for social anxiety. as stupid as they sound those workshops where you interact with people in a "safe environment" are actually helpful for people with your condition regardless of how cringey they appear to people on the outside.
>>
File: Hogan's Lawsuit Drawing.jpg (312 KB, 1028x1258) Image search: [Google]
Hogan's Lawsuit Drawing.jpg
312 KB, 1028x1258
>>27255668
>xanax is more suited to panic/anxiety attacks. long action anxiolytic effects would be better achieved through klonopin or atavan.

This. Also, Klonopin feels much better than Xanax anyway. You just have to be absolutely sure you take the least amount needed since the half life is so long (and don't redose until at least 12 hours have passed.)

>have you ever, and if so since when, taken any anti-depressants or anti-psychotics? if you're anything like me then taking these meds since 13 completed destroyed your brain

God damn, that shit should be considered child abuse. SSRIs have a laundry list of side effects, are highly addictive, are proven to be ineffective, and god knows what negative effect it has on a child's developing brain. It's sad as hell how often they're prescribed, they're just such terrible meds.

Anyway, cheer up OP, you can be less anxious knowing the Hulkster is out their dropkicking the SJWs.
>>
>>27255930
>God damn, that shit should be considered child abuse.
sage for pity post but there are much worse things that happened to me and my siblings during childhood than antidepressants.

i'm currently waiting for a psychiatrist to give up and send me to ECT or TMS because the only way i see out of this is the "reset" effect those therapies have.
>>
>>27255865
I've been in CBT for about a year, now. It's not doing much, desu. I can identify my thought patterns, illogical conclusions, negative modes of thinking, and so on, but even though I know it's illogical and stupid to think the things I do it doesn't change anything. I'm going to try a few sessions of Hypnotherapy next month to see if it's more effective but I'm somewhat skeptical.

>bad home life, single mom i'm guessing
Bingo.
>>
>>27255952
god that sucks, i feel the same way except ive never had meds just drugs and alcohol...what happened to you during childhood?
>>
>>27255990
>I can identify my thought patterns, illogical conclusions, negative modes of thinking, and so on
that means it's working
>but even though I know it's illogical and stupid to think the things I do it doesn't change anything
this means your problems stem deeper than stereotypical social anxiety and you need medication.

try a tricyclic if you can. "mood stabilizers" might also help you (lamictal, lithium, etc)
a side note on lithium is that it helped me tremendously (900mg/day dose, near the max dose before toxicity) for a few weeks but then it stopped working.

you can also try abilify or perhaps invega/latuda if you can get your insurance to cover them. abilify has a thing where you only pay $5 for the prescription for a year, but the other two cost ~1200 per prescription without insurance. i don't know if you have medicaid but a psychiatrist can usually fight medicaid and get you the pills regardless.

i would try abilify first. it usually works pretty well as an adjunct to an antidepressant/mood stabilizer especially with anxiety. of course i'm fucked and it made the anxiety worse for me, but you're not me and statistically it should help you.

you'll know if it helps within the first week of taking it.
>>
>>27256025
>god that sucks, i feel the same way except ive never had meds just drugs and alcohol...what happened to you during childhood?
i don't like to talk about it because it makes me feel like a faggot fishing for attention and pity but basically physical and emotional abuse, drug problems, homelessness, no father or strong role model, alienation from peers since i was in elementary school (this fucks people up badly and is the cause for most of the I HATE NORMIES shit here if i had to guess), i felt shafted by college system, right now i'm in the process of trying to treat a plethora of disorders with a medicaid psychiatrist who only sees the worst in people as a result of him working for SSDI and denying people money they need for 5 years and thinks i'm lying about the whispers and visual hallucinations i'm having, etc.

oh and my older sister that i was really close with killed herself when i was high school.
>>
>>27256053
>>27256093
me again. i don't know how you're getting your xanax but there is some research to suggest that ketamine therapy (i know it sounds weird but there are plenty of ongoing and finished research regarding this. it's usually about depression but it's also being explored as a treatment for anxiety) may help you more than any of the things i've suggested. if you're getting you medicine illegally then maybe try ketamine and do some research on how much you should take. you don't want to put yourself into a k-hole by accident and fuck yourself up, but sometimes k-holes help people so i don't know.
>>
>>27256093
wow, somehow it helps reading that; i was physically/mentally/sexually abused separately by my mother, brother, and father from a very young age until i was around 10; then later by normies in high school, switched high schools and i was even worse, thought it was getting better but now it's just happening all over again with different people and the only thing i can do to stop it is avoid contact with the world; but then people start sending me threats and other negativity...i don't know what to do
>>
>>27256130
>.i don't know what to do
take it from me: do not shut down. fight through it even when every night you pray to every god out there that you don't wake up the next morning. keep trying. it's the only thing that can help you.

i'm completely fucked and in the process of eviction if i can't convince my landlord about something because i shut down for a period of time when i shouldn't have. don't be an idiot like me.

you can get better, but it's going to take awhile. there are very few cases of absolutely incurable mental illness.

maybe move back in with your shitty parents or try to get a less emotionally demanding job (stocking stores at 3am when there is no one around is a good one; warehouse work usually has you keep to yourself). maybe take a break from school. i don't know your situation but if things seem like too much for you then don't just let it fall apart.

i know just how hard it is to be proactive and accomplish anything when you're in this position but you have no choice. it's pretty much do or die.
>>
>>27256053
>>27256125
Thank you for the help and advice, my friend. I get all my medication prescribed by my psychiatrist so I don't think getting ketamine would be very feasible, but I'll definitely look into Abilify. Thanks again!
>>
>>27256223
>I get all my medication prescribed by my psychiatrist so I don't think getting ketamine would be very feasible
if you're in NY it's a possibility. there are a few other clinics spread out over the US but it's certainly not popular.
http://nyketamine.com/

don't go to your psych and say you got help from someone on the internet. do enough research to at least make it seem like you understand the effects and side effects these drugs have because otherwise they'll tell you no.
>>
>>27256184
yeah, thanks, i'll try again tomorrow..this was a really bad day.. week.. month. year... i don't know where you live, but in many states in can be difficult to evict a tenant, i'd help if i could
>>
>>27256260
>i don't know where you live, but in many states in can be difficult to evict a tenant, i'd help if i could
it's ohio. i've posted a thread on /biz/ hoping to attract the attention of landlords as well as on here but that thread will die soon.

it's not hard to evict a tenant if they can't pay the rent, but luckily it is hard for them to take me to small claims court and take any of my shit because my car is worth too little and none of my possessions are worth enough according to exemptions for seizing property.

i moved to ohio for my gf and to hopefully return to school in august but getting an eviction guarantees that i can't go back to school and i'll have to leave and go back home and live with my parents (something i really don't want to do just because they're so bad for me mentally) and try to transfer or go to a community college or something.

i don't want this to come off as boasting but all throughout my life i've been told i'm extremely intelligent and whatever else (even my psych's medical records state such) and it hurts to know that all my potential is being wasted because of shit i can't control.

not to mention the fact that if i have to leave ohio i'll lose my gf of 3.5 years.

life lesson: don't be me.
>>
>>27256326
i say parents but it's actually just my mom... who also lives with my grandmother, grandfather, aunt, brother, mom's boyfriend, etc etc. in a 3 bedroom house.

don't know why i can't break that habit.
>>
>>27256326
i'm not getting evicted but i have 3 more months to find a job before i run out of money and leave...i've been trying for the past 18 months or more
>>
>>27256389
best of luck to you with your treatment then. hopefully things will get better.

>i've been trying for 18 months
warehouse and overnight stocking jobs are not hard to get. warehouse pays better if you work the graveyard shift because no one wants to do it.

i have worked in a menards warehouse and it actually wasn't so bad and i made good money for being 19 ($15/hr with overtime/doubletime sometimes). it's demanding but it's not as shit as amazon. if you have a menards DC near you i would try that.

just be prepared to lift 1000 bags of dogfood every day lol.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.