[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being an envious person?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: 1432840467728.png (973 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1432840467728.png
973 KB, 960x540
How do I stop being an envious person?
>>
Everything is shit no matter how non-shit it appears to be
If you think becoming what you envy will help you out of your hole, you're wrong. You're just playing the game again.
>>
>>27239918
I'd like to know as well.

>>27239941
Saying 'everything is shit' doesn't stop me from envying people.
>>
Easy really.

Treat yourself as an atom with free will, realise whatever you do you cannot make a mistake, even if you do something totally disastrous, everything will be fine in the end. By doing this you will form a confidence and through that confidence you'll learn to trust yourself and your own decisions. In the end though, none of that matters because you're all that matters.

>b-but muh selfishness

Realising that you're the only one that truly matters and being a selfish pig are two completely different things. You are all that matters. You only see yourself as selfish because you're comparing yourself to those conditioned illusions, the majority of which are wildly overemphasized in every way by your own false perception, everyone is selfish and no one cares for anyone else more than they do themselves.

They don't mater, nothing but you matters, you are, at your simplest form the fabric and structure of existence itself, you're only envious because you compare yourself to others while others are just an illusion YOU'VE created, why you do this? Because you've been conditioned by the illusions around you.

To summarize;
You need to broaden your scope on reality, reality is amazing, it's total untapped joy, everything including you is a celebration that existence IS.
>>
Just learn to love yourself
>>
>>27239986
>muh solipsist dreamworld
I hope you're right
>>
>>27240017
Anon I'm always right.
>>
>>27239986
>reality is amazing
I wish I could be this optimistic
>>
>>27240082
No, I'm always right
You're just a facet of me, remember?
Wait a minute...
>>
File: 2184941456.jpg (125 KB, 900x706) Image search: [Google]
2184941456.jpg
125 KB, 900x706
>>27240092
I'm a pessimist but it's true, reality is amazing, we are amazing.

>>27240095
>you and I are one in the same
>>
>>27240140
tell that to the bug I just squished
do you know what it feels like to literally have your insides explode from out your bottom?
neither do I, but she does...
>>
>>27240176
The bug isn't you so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>27239986
wow, worst fucking advice ever,
>>
>>27240193
what if the bug is me?
what if she is...
>>
>>27240193
the bug might be me

like what if I reincarnate as that bug and I have to suffer getting squished by myself
>>
I'd say become successful, but then I suspect you'd want even better than that. Maybe the real answer is the opposite. Withdraw from society and become a nomad, or maybe choose a simple life in a monastery of your religious choosing.
>>
File: white teeth.jpg (12 KB, 390x250) Image search: [Google]
white teeth.jpg
12 KB, 390x250
>>27239918
>How do I stop being an envious person
all the anons talkn about makn 6 figures are lying
>>
>>27240627
That would be equally as pointless as being the one who does the squishing
>>
>>27240771
I'm not envious of lying anons on the internet. I'm envious of real successful people. People that are attractive, rich, talented, charismatic.

I'm so envious of people with a talent and a passion.
>>
File: C7z51rightflank.jpg (132 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
C7z51rightflank.jpg
132 KB, 1280x960
>>27240771
>he tells himself this to feel better
>>
>>27240771
I'm not envious of that sort of thing.
It's transpeople/traps who got in young that I envy.

Not only do they usually pass (something I can never do), they are typically more interesting and happy people (something I will unlikely ever be).

The worst thing is how it is my own fault. I didn't like know when I was two years old (that's a terrible tranny meme), but I easily knew (and had the means to get whoremoans) by around sixteen. I got nervous and ended up making it much worse for myself by doing literally nothing about it. It's too late now.
>>
File: 1454104060641.png (254 KB, 798x532) Image search: [Google]
1454104060641.png
254 KB, 798x532
>>27240771
lmao whatever dude
>>
>>27240867
If it makes you feel any better, there are a lot of people (normalfags) who are at least a little bit envious of really successful/attractive people.
Only a few people are really "talented" in the sense that they are so good at their hobby or art that they get rich off of it. I don't know what to tell you about having no passion though. I feel like that has to come from yourself.

>>27240946
You do realize that most of the young, attractive traps on the internet who are passable will eventually become old and ugly, right? Also, they probably only put up that happy front and are most likely suffering inside.
>>
>>27241267
>will eventually become old and ugly, right?
But they won't stop passing.
They will continue to pass, albeit with a saggy old woman's face.
I on the other hand will end up with no hair, and unable to urinate without getting tired from the effort.

>they probably only put up that happy front and are most likely suffering inside
Although I mostly hope you are wrong, part of me secretly hopes that you are right, but the realist in me knows that you are probably wrong.
>>
File: 1397323853991.png (91 KB, 288x292) Image search: [Google]
1397323853991.png
91 KB, 288x292
>try to be a good-hearted empathetic person

>see rich/attractive people with problems
>can't even care because of how much better off they are than me

it's such a bad way of thinking but I don't know how to stop. I just feel like if I had a fraction of what they had, I'd be able to overcome their problems. especially rich people. when rich people talk about their loneliness or whatever it just burns me up.
>>
You let envy consume you until you improve or die.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.