[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wagecuck horror stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: 4158062475_24a9ec05a5.jpg (105 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
4158062475_24a9ec05a5.jpg
105 KB, 500x333
>be me a few days ago
>be working on my first fast food job
>come up with the idea of putting tip jars on the counter so me and my coworkers could earn more dosh
>it's a success and people are tipping even if I don't remind them there's a tip jar on the counter
>manager realizes we're asking for tips
>finds out it was my idea
>grills me in front of the customers and coworkers
>I explain everyone is getting a share from the tips and that it's no big deal
>he doesn't care and sends me home
>later calls me to tell me I'm fired

I'm actually glad I got fired, what kind of business stifles its own workers' creative ideas.
>>
>>25156702
bumparino

blox
>>
>4 years experience prior as webdev
>start new job at internet marketing company
>they don't know what a project plan is
>no documentation on web projects
>no dev methodology
>work first project
>am only one on the project, they give me 2 weeks to finish everything
>cant make it because too much work to be done
>this goes on for 3 more months
>get into regular confrontation with other colleagues because I don't work 13 hours a day
>fuckthat.jpeg
>December
>suddenly boss decides we have to finish all projects
>lol not happening
>again, only 2 weeks time to finish project
>client wants website finished by January 1st
>notFuckingPossible.gif
>everyone knows this not ending well
>I quit on the spot, project explodes
>client outraged at ex-boss, ex-boss rages at me
>eventually contract myself to client to finish his website because he's a good guy
>$40,000 in pay

Fuck companies, freelance is where it's at
>>
>Office Christmas party Thursday
>The intern gets really drunk and skives the next day
>I had to make coffee when I got in at 10am the next morning
Should I kill myself?
>>
>>25156702
>americans are getting such shitty payments for their jobs they have to be tipped by customers to survive
kek
>>
File: 1422923113944.png (302 KB, 828x1403) Image search: [Google]
1422923113944.png
302 KB, 828x1403
Oh poor poor wagecucks

Tick tock
Better sneak in that lunch before your boss catches you.

Me you ask?

Well I'll be making my world famous Pepe's NEET stew this afternoon.
>>
>>25156940
why'd you start working there anyway? either the pay was fantastic or you didn't bother to ask how they work
>>
>>25156965
Only retards have to get tipped to survive. America's federal minimum wage is more than enough to survive. You may not be /comfy/, but being comfy is exclusive to LIVING. Not surviving.

>tfw $7.25/hour working at shit flags over Texas
>tfw work is unfulfilling as fuck
>work 30hrs a week
>get paid every week
>tfw ~180US every week
>that's ~$620 every month
>tfw $800/mo apartment
>tfw roommate
>tfw $400/month rent
>$200 to do whatever you want with

So fucking easy. Retards talking about how hard it is need to be shot and killed on sight.
>>
>>25156702
Pretty sure that's illegal or some shit
>>
>>25157292
>$200 to do whatever you want with

>Food
>I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that all you electricity etc. are included
>Internet
>TV
>Phone
>Mode of transport
>Your shitty MMO
>>
>>25157092
They said they were working on a project system and showed me what they had so far. Plus, they said they needed someone with experience in agile and scrum. Once I got there, they didn't give a crap anymore.
>>
>>25157292
You're a fucking moron if you think getting anything less than $10 an hour for any kind of job is in any way worth the effort. Do you even realize how minuscule $7 is?
>"Oh boy! I get a whole extra quarter!"
You're an idiot if you think this is okay. You're a chump being taken.
>>
>>25156940

I got fired after giving shit to my boss in a similar situation.
I left a big company (around 400-500 devs I think) after almost two years to work in a small agency and they just had no idea how to work an actual project. Only 2 people writing code when I joined, the kid that did most of the work stayed 11-12 hours a day for horrible pay, juggled so much and did so much done.

There was no process for anything, just the guy who had the company asking for rough estimations and making deadlines for things without proper assignment of tasks, planning, ways to collaborate etc.
Despite how much effort/time they put into something, if it required collaboration it wasn't getting done properly.

At some point the boss called me in for a chat and asked me if I think I've been performing as well as I should and why I keep leaving after I was done working 8 hours.

Then he asked me whether I think the team's load should be equally distributed among all the team members. So that, if there's something that takes another 4 hours after 5, maybe I should help so me and the other guy both go home at 7 instead of him going home at 9.

I explained that it should be, but if something like that keeps happening every single day, maybe the tasks aren't that urgent, and the fact that they are handled as such every day is a management issue.
I also explained that if I have plans to do something at 8, after staying 3 hours longer than working hours, what "he needs done" isn't getting done and I'm attending my other commitment instead.

He fired me on the spot, now has lost almost every single person working at the company as well.

lmao
>>
>>25157523
People like your boss should be launched into space. No rockets or anything, just a giant trebuchet or slingshot.

I bet if that kid worked normal hours and got enough food and rest, he'd be able to accomplish the same amount of work in his normal 7 hours.
>>
>>25157523
poor kid, he must be really passionate and actually care about the stuff he does and hes in a company with a shitty boss that couldnt care less
he deserves more than that
>>
>Work at company with a few dozen employees doing development/maintenance on an piece of software that the company sells as a service to other companies
>Life's good
>Great co-workers who all respect each other and disagreements generally limit themselves to what would be the optimal algorithm or implementation and it's always sorted out in committee with no hurt feelings
>Then one day a local feminist group comes over for a presentation on diversity in the work place and how a lack thereof can be a really bad thing
>They immediately lock onto how there's only two female developers (both of whom are good at their job and were not hired because of their gender) and how this is a sign of discriminatory hiring practices
>Whole things ends in basically one big row
>Despite objections from the developers, management hires these idiots as consultants and they immediately make sure that we suddenly have several new developer positions to fill, obviously only for women
>Going trough the usual channels goes as you may expect it to, with women being a small minority in the tech worker pool they simply don't find enough competent women to fill the slots
>Feminists cancel the whole thing and basically go back to the drawing board
>They decide that we're instead going to organize a women only code workshop in the language and technology our main product is made in and hire from those people
>Unfortunately the job of running that workshop ends up falling on the shoulders of me and one of the two female developers, who isn't much of a fan of this thing ether
>The feminists seem to have definitely put the word out there and the workshop is completely filled
>As you may have guessed, most of the women there don't even have any real programming background so going around and teaching a lot of basic programming stuff takes up a big chunk of the time
>>
>>25157698
>Told to list a number of girls who I thought that did well for job offers and I list about half a dozen ones who weren't completely clueless or just lazy
>The ones they actually hire seem to be based on looks, not actual aptitude for the job
>Because of their lacking skill levels something like half of them are not hired to design and code stuff, but to write documentation
>Our two female developers are naturally fuming at this and when they find out which ones of the workshop participants they hired, one of them just quits her job in disgust
>Me and a few other guys end up spending the next few months basically teaching the new hires to program and work with the existing code base
>The atmosphere changes pretty much completely as these new girls get hired, we now have almost daily arguments with the new girls basically treating the old employees like shit and being pissed off that they often have a hard time following technical discussions about the product they're supposed to be working on
>Code produced by these new hires runs into problems due to code inspection often concluding that the code doesn't meet the quality requirements
>Rather than to continue training these new hires before letting them commit new code and changes to the code base, the consultants get them to stop doing code review altogether (which is basically like removing the brakes from a car altogether rather than fixing them)
>Loads of bugs and issues caused by beginner mistakes start cropping up and consuming the time of the more experienced developers
>Documentation also goes to shit after the new hires pretty much take over documentation after the second female developer in charge of documentation quits
>A whole bunch of other employees quit in disgust over the changes in policy and the complete change in workplace atmosphere
>>
File: image.jpg (181 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181 KB, 640x480
>work at animal shelter
>doing morning potty walks for dogs
>take out staffie mix who was part of a recent abuse/neglect case
>owner was a piece of shit that cropped her ears with a box cutter, but she's ridiculously sweet and friendly
>see white trash couple out front with a probably six month old double merle Australian shepherd puppy off leash
>right next to the fucking parking lot
>thing is losing its shit every time it sees a dog so the guy has to grab her by the collar because she's trying to lunge at the dog on the other side of the fence
>the woman comes up to me asking about the low cost clinic we share a building with
>looks at the dog I'm walking like she's some monster even though she's completely calm and friendly
>tell her I don't know because we are two completely separate organizations
>have to tell her this four times before it gets through her thick skull
>also tell her she's not allowed to have dogs off leash here and if she doesn't comply she must leave
>she gives me a look then bitches loudly to the guy she was with
>"YOU'D BETTER PUT HER IN THE CAR, DONT WANT THAT KILLER PIT BULL GETTING HER"
>want to bitch her out and tell her that her inbred dog is probably half deaf
>have to get 40 dogs out to piss before we open so just go back to work
>about an hour later hear screeching from out front and yelling
>a volunteer was taking out the dog I had earlier on a walk and was attacked by the Aussie
>still not wearing a fucking leash
>our dog is just screeching and the Aussie won't let go
>feel bad doing it but had to kick the Aussie in the head to get her to let go
>dog redirects and bites my leg
>owners have the fucking audacity to yell at me for kicking their dog
>tell them to get off our property or I'll call the police
>everyone who saw tells the same story, that the dog was off leash and ran up to and attacked the dog our volunteer was walking
>trying to figure if we can get them in more trouble than just a ticket for breaking the leash law
>>
>>25157739
>Eventually decide I've had it myself after one of the consultants tries to get me fired after I come back at her after her trying to berate me for re-writing so much of the code produced by the new hires (which I genuinely had to do)
>Kept in contact with the first female developer to quit
>She's got a new job at a company pretty similar to ours before the feminists got hired and gets me an interview for it
>Ace the interview and get hired
>A few months later my old manager from the old company contacts me
>Turns out that after the feminists left the company management realized that they had made some serious mistakes after several customers had left due to a significant decline in the quality of the software and fired all but one of the girls hired by the feminist
>Now occasionally do consultant work coming in to fix a lot of the code the feminist hires shat out as I understand it fairly well due to having to work with it fairly extensively prior to quitting
So yeah, in the end all went well despite my old employer probably losing something in the region of seven figures to consultant fees, wages, the workshop and lost customers.
>>
>>25157695

He doesn't even like the boss, but he's still in the company. He's one of the brightest kids I've met (although you couldn't tell without seeing him work). He's also clearly autistic and only lives to work.

He could literally be making 50-100k dollars a year from home with his skillset at under 25, but he has no social skills so he's probably scared to go through the interview process, disrupt his routine etc.
>>
>>25157292
>$620 every month

That's literally Mexican tier even the shitty military pays more than that
>>
>>25157292

>$200/month

This translates to "eat Ramen noodles, sit in dark room without power."
>>
>>25157784
holy shit... man i just want to help that little guy...
>>
>>25157945

He's not a little guy, he's 23 I think, he should be taking care of himself.
>>
>>25156702
What a shitty manager, call the district manager and tell him op. Doing this is something that actually ends up hurting your buisness because the tips are adding income to your workers that adds to their incentive to stay and work harder.
>>
>>25157292
200$ a month. You are a retard that needs to be shot and killed.
>slaving for such a low salary
Enjoy your 200$ a month, I'm sure you can do a lot of shit with them. Also, living with roommate, you're better off living with your parents.
>>
>tfw I have a job secured after graduating college with a starting salary of 45,500 euro + signing bonus and stock
>>
>>25156702
>work shit local fast food place
>we sell soft drinks in cans and bottle and have a bin in the middle of the eating area to collect them
>owner keeps fucking up w the people supposed to collect those cans and bottles
>industrial garbage bags absolutely filled with cans and bottles tacked up to the ceiling
>sweaty village sperg shows up
>asks if he can take some of the cans away from the small bin
>we let him
>he does that everyday
>eventually get new owners
>they want the cans for themselves because every shekel counts
>sperg shows up
>"HI CAN I HAVE YOUR CANS"
>"no, sorry we have a new owner and they take care of it now"
>"I CAN'T HAVE THE CANS"
>"I'm sorry, no"
>sweaty sperg walks up right to my face, I can smell his nose
>"YOU WOULDN'T BE LYING TO ME"
>"no, we have new owners"
>"DO YOU WANT ALL THE CANS FOR YOURSELF"
>"no, like I said, the new owners have a new system for the cans and bottles"
>"OKAY"
>he doesn't order anything
>squat down to grab some bullshit from under the counter
>hear a commotion
>get back up
>sperg is running out the door with the bin knocked over, half the cans spilled on the floor, bag in hand
>owner reprimands me for not calling the police.
>>
>>25158503
You should call the police the next time the new owners ask about the cans
>>
>>25158560
well the guy showed up like the day after while the owner was working, and immidiately turned 360 degress and walked away.

I, on the other hand, was fired for missing one shift. Worked there for 9 years :^)
>>
>>25158601
You worked at a fast food place for 9 years? M8 I think it's a blessing you got fired...
>>
>>25157760
>her trying to berate me for re-writing so much of the code produced by the new hires (which I genuinely had to do)
Jimmies status:rustled
>>
File: 1450735454907.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
1450735454907.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>25156702
He didn't stifle your idea, you implemented your idea without even consulting him. You are an employee, know your place wagecuck.
>>
>>25157292
I got a new boss about six months ago, he keeps changing the requirements for projects and add stuff customers did not ask for. And even when everything is exactly what he asked for he calls it shit and tells me to "do something else". Five hours later there's usually a new list of requirements for me.

He once came back an hour after giving me new todo list and told me to change it back.
>>
File: 1446871676535.jpg (71 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1446871676535.jpg
71 KB, 480x360
>Anon, that's wrong AGAIN! you need to learn this properly! You have to be able to do this yourself!
>>
>>25156702
been too long since i saw this copypasta, thanks anon
>>
>>25157292
>>$200 to do whatever you want with
Wow get a load of this poorfag.
>>
When you guys got your first job did they teach you how to do things step by step or did they throw you to the wolves?
>>
>>25159245
I started getting trained step by step, then it just kinda turned into "watch us and copy it", which was fine with me since a lot of the job is making judgement calls and your own decisions based on the situation

the only thing that I got really carefully trained on was how to vaccinate dogs, since there can be serious medical consequences for the dog if done improperly. but even then our CVT just let me watch a few times, then told me how to do it when I tried, then watched me a few times to make sure I wasn't getting air in the syringe or injecting the wrong vaccine or something. pretty simple
>>
>>25159245
My first (and only) job at a factory, my supervisor basically told me "ok you do this and that ok got it? good, ask me if you have questions", but he barely actually explained anything.
and i was left kinda confused. i ended up asking him a lot of questions that day, but he was friendly and willing to answer every one of them
>>
>>25156702
Tip jars are a pain in the ass. When I was in college I worked at Dunkin Donuts and after six months there they forbid the tip jars. I had to explain to a 25 year old high school drop out that you're not entitled to tips if you're not making server wage ($3/hour in my state) and you're not claiming the tips on your taxes.

Then I took the job at the car wash and had to forfiet my share to the tip jar because all the Mexicans would get pissy if I showed up to collect my share. It took an extra 20 minutes for these oompa loompas to count it and then they didn't want to give me my share because I'm white and I made commission for detail sales.
>>
>>25159360
Factory anon here, same story, I'm a lead now.

Friendly info, I still have no idea whats going on 90% of the time.
>>
>>25159358
>>25159360

oh. I was given this training manual that didn't really explain much and the people advising the training didn't explain what we could do to study either. It was my first time working the cashiering so I had(still have) no idea how to do everything. Plus we couldn't take a manual home.

So the first three days were extremely horrible. Between keeping a good score that can be out of your control at times, trying to sale cards and make sure items ring up correctly I was completely frustrated. I just hope the check I get soon will make up for the suck.
>>
>>25157740
Dog attacked a human, push that point hard.
>>
>>25159245
Mostly always get thrown to the wolves
>>
>>25157739
>>25157740
>>25157760
>random bitches got a free underserved job with free on the job training despite having absolutely zero skills or aptitude for the work just for having roast beef flaps
>jobs handed to the Stacys
>I'm struggling to find any sort of internship despite knowing bunch of code/design principles and good teamwork/communication
>>
>>25156702
this copy pasta again?
>>
>>25159245

My very first job as a dishwasher I just got thrown into the wolves because the newbie that joined a week ago quit that day so they called me in.

Since I'm fast at learning shit I got a hold of it within 2 hours although I wish someone had told me that working part time didn't mean granted 4 hour shifts , I had to work 12 hours
>>
>>25157004
Oh me, I'll just look at my computer all day like I did the day before
>>
File: comfy neet 2.jpg (41 KB, 390x390) Image search: [Google]
comfy neet 2.jpg
41 KB, 390x390
The reason you were fired OP is because it's illegal. If your boss allowed tips, he would be required to lower your pay to way below minimum wage (e.g. $2.25/hr).

Dumb wagecucks don't even know their own laws.
>>
>setting up network wide security for an office
>they tell me to install McAfee anti virus and leave it at that
>set it up with avast, peerblock and set them all up on a remote admin for when they hire an admin
>boss tells me i was negligible for not doing as told
>been working freelance for years

Honestly why pay for something you can do yourself
>>
>>25159648
Don't forget to read the femanon threads where psychotic women who stab their exes simply get off with a small fine, because the justice system favors females.

>living on literally easy mode
>>
>>25159648
>underserved job with free on the job training despite having absolutely zero skills or aptitude for the work just for having roast beef flaps

kek, you clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>25159245
thrown to the wolves like a carcass, they gave me a training plan 3 months in which was 3 months too late and didn't even apply at that stage.
>>
>>25159944
Don't go out of scope anon, I've done it so many times and it's for their own good, give them what they want and take what they want to give you. Give them a stern warning about what state their IT is in and give them a revised edition of what they should be asking for, up your price, if they decline and stick with their first contract then you are scot-free when it inevitability goes to shit for them.
>>
>>25157807
A lot more. I get paid $4000 a month to basically escort patients from waiting room to exam room, inject some lidocaine, and hand things to doctors. With free medical and dental care. It's like the world's best welfare.
>>
>>25159799
This exactly. 18 year old me expected to work around 20 hours a week(this was the agreement at my hiring)for gas and weed money. Ended up getting 45 hours a week with at least one 14 hour shift a week. I stayed their for two months cause I felt bad for the cooks, but the fucking shitlord owner made minimal effort to find new dishwashers, so I quit and left the place relatively fucked.
>>
>>25159915
That's not true. I worked at KFC a while back and the register folks made 9 bucks an hour and got to have a tip jar. Ignorant NEET swine
>>
>>25159944
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWdfovZIg2g
Watch about the first three minutes.
What he's basically saying is that the computer system belongs to the business, not the IT guy, and while you're the maintainer, you basically just implement what the boss is telling you, and at the same time you act as a councelor and explain things to him that he probably doesn't consider (because he's not IT), but ultimately he's going to decide what he wants on HIS system or not
>>
>>25159915
>implying he's from the shitty US of Obesity
>>
>>25159915
>employers are required to pay minimum wage, no more

Are you really this stupid?
>>
>guy wanders into the glass aisle of our store (nothing but clear drinking glasses for an entire aisle, different shapes/sizes
>i'm buried halfway in the shelf stacking glasses
>he's on his cellphone and really into his conversation so I just nod to him and he nods back while still talking, so he knows I'm there if he needs me
>get back to work, he stands there for about 5 minutes talking the entire time on his phone and looking through glasses
>store manager wanders over outta nowhere
>asks the guy if he needs any help
>guy says "actually yeah I do need help"
>shiver runs up my fucking spine
>head slowly turns to peripherally view bosses face
>STINKEYE
>oh god you asshole why didn't you realize I was there to help you now I'm gonna get buttfucked
>get yelled at later
fantastic
>>
>>25160336
I'm not sure if i understand your post.
The guy is saying that there's two options:
>minimum wage or more ---> no tipping jars
>below minimum wage ---> tipping jars
I don't know if thats true but it sounds logical considering waiters get paid below minimum wage.
What exactly are you even saying
>>
>>25160403
That it's literally retarded to think there's a law regulating MAXIMUM pay in the US. The reason the most visible tipped job, serving, gets paid a different minimum wage than other jobs is because it's allowed, both legally and economically (i.e., uneducated wagecucks will still take the job at that level of pay).

The idea that restaurants don't pay their servers more because the government won't LET them is fucking absurd.
>>
>>25159245
I was given the rundown of what the store did/what they sold/how everything else worked
>immediately handed over to some random stockers (who I made friends with) to clear the entire backroom out
>alright they're probably testing me
>one stocker says "nah dude they just sent us too many of *retarded HEAVY item*
>get to the backroom
>about 200 boxes as tall as me, but awkward because they weigh about 50-60 pounds each due to the contents (not heavy, strictly awkward)
>spend the next hour or two without a single break hauling these boxes up a flight of stairs into the attic with only two other people
>>
>>25160656
god thats gonna sound like I was saying they were heavy at first and then not heavy

I didn't think they were heavy, coworker told me they were heavy before I got my hands on them
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.