[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will be your gf if you can give me one good reason why cyclists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
I will be your gf if you can give me one good reason why cyclists should have less of a right to the road than motorists.
>>
Because sidewalks exist
>>
They shouldn't, fuck cars and the people who drive them.
>>
because they're beta cucks and hitting and killing them with your car strengthens the gene pool

I don't want a gf tho. But I appreciate it :D
>>
>>27181205

/thread

originalidinos
>>
>>27181179
In response to your shitty thread using pic related as an example of being a faggot:
If there is a sidewalk available and no pedestrians on it a cyclist can go there while a motorist cannot. A cyclist also doesn't need to be going in the middle of a lane wide enough (albeit barely) for 2 cars. This of course is a strawman but it's the only situation where it really matters; when there is the option to not be a retard.

That's about all I have but really of the sidewalk is available or you are deliberately blocking passing when it would be safe that's on the cyclist not the motorist. As long as the cyclist isn't a faggot about it and moves over/ onto the sidewalk when available and the motorist isn't a faggot about it and doesn't pass unsafely then who cares desu.
>>
>>27181179
That picture gives a good reason.
>>
I don't have anything particular against cyclists, though they do make me nervous. I always feel the need to give them a ridiculous amount of space when passing them. I wish they'd use the sidewalk when it's available to them.

You wanna know what really grinds my gears?

I work in a small liberal arts college town, and the students and professors just randomly wander out in the street as they're going about their day. They don't look where they're going, or use crosswalks. They just expect everyone to stop for them. It's irritating as shit and makes it take forever just to get around a fucking block. At work, people joke about playing, 'dodge the college kid.' I know one guy who refuses to stop, and looks forward to the day when one of the students ends up with his Jeep logo emblazoned on their forehead.
>>
>>27181179

The road is for automobiles

The sidewalk is for cyclists and other undiserables
>>
File: image.png (379 KB, 600x469) Image search: [Google]
image.png
379 KB, 600x469
Because you are the most gorgeous thing in the world op

Please pick me
>>
>>27181375

>college students and professors think the world revolves around them

No surprise there
>>
>>27181179

They can't usually go the speed limit. That's a safety hazard. You can get ticketed for driving too slow, so why do bikes get to hold up traffic?
>>
>>27181375
>live in shitty seaside village
>old people wander out in the road constantly
>old people park right in the middle of roads, sometimes causing me to have to take a different fucking route
>>
Fucking cagies
>>
>>27181205
>>27181340
In my country its illegal to cycle on the sidewalk
>>
File: Mr. Mahesewaran disapproves.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Mahesewaran disapproves.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
Because it's incredibly dangerous to both the cyclist and automobiles. Drivers are not looking out for a bicycle in the middle of traffic; they have tons of cars and trucks taking up their attention already, and only a complete idiot or someone with a deathwish would willing pedal his bicycle into traffic. As a bicyclist myself, I will always ride on sidewalks. Even bike lanes are dangerous. I constantly hear about bikers in the road or bike lane geyting run ovet and killed, but have NEVER heard of the same for a bicyclist on the sidewalk. Until we get physical barriers dividing the real road from the bike lane, bikers should stay off the street. Period.
>>
File: 1457505811827.png (417 KB, 425x500) Image search: [Google]
1457505811827.png
417 KB, 425x500
Well, OP? I'm ready for you to be my gf.
>>27182478
>>
they just simply do not belong on the same road as 2000+ lbs death machines

in a perfect world where drivers never get in accidents, always drive the speed limit, and always pay attention, sure, bikes would be fine, but we don't live in that world. bikes can barely go the speed limit on a 25 mph road, no one driving a car goes 25mph in a 25mph zone.
>>
>>27181375

Sounds like Ann Arbor senpai
>>
>>27181179
because they can't go the speedlimit duh
>>
>>27181179
Need to pay road tax if you get a car but not for a bike.
>>
because they do whatever the fuck they want without penalty

if a car just randomly decided to drive on the sidewak because it was easier, they'd be arrested.
if they just decided to run a red light because "eh, it's clear enough" they'd be arrested
then they just get away with it because if anything gets in the way, from walkers to cars to trucks to fucking squirrels, they're the ones that will be terribly injured, so everyone else has to get out of their way

cyclists are assholes.
>>
>>27181394
This post deserves more credit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.