[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Podcasts does /r9k/ listen to? I listen to them a lot to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Radio.png (17 KB, 285x300) Image search: [Google]
Radio.png
17 KB, 285x300
What Podcasts does /r9k/ listen to?
I listen to them a lot to simulate having friends when I'm on the bus and stuff.
I like Econtalk, Planet Money, Radiolab, Serial and Techdirt.
>>
>>27155335
I like to listen to stand-up comedy

Bill burr and a few others have dece podcasts nahmean
>>
>>27155335
i listen to some Drunken Peasents, although the echo chamber gets on my nerves a bit
>>
>>27155363
14 year old detected.
mootblox
>>
File: Louis_CK_2012_Shankbone.jpg (2 MB, 1775x2219) Image search: [Google]
Louis_CK_2012_Shankbone.jpg
2 MB, 1775x2219
I used to listen This American Life.
Until there was an episode dedicated to a guy talking about how his wife had sex with lots of men, he married her, and how great it was to raise another black man's son.
Literally.
And they spent 30 minutes talking about it.
WHAT THE FUCK
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/214/transcript
>>
Comedy Bang! Bang!, High and Mighty, Hollywood Handbook, improv4humans, If I Were You, Bodega Boys, Superego, Home of the Brave, This American Life, Pistol Shrimps Radio, With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus, a few others.

Mostly podcasts from Earwolf and Headgum. I like improv comedy podcasts because I feel like they might eventually help me pick up on social cues.
>>
>>27155474
see
>>27155455
you cuck
>>
DVDASA is the best, it's finished now but I relisten all the time.

Otherwise tigerbelly, the Tim ferris show, generative energy and some JRE.
>>
>>27155455
I love This American Life. Listening to Ira Glass talk has helped me realize I really don't need a big manly voice.
>>
Painkiller Already. Even if two of the hosts are Super-Chad and the other is regular Chad.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-14-13-38-02.png (101 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-14-13-38-02.png
101 KB, 480x800
I've been a podcast listener since 2005. At one time I kept up with like 15 podcasts, that was the golden age of podcasting. Since then, a lot of great podcasts have podfaded.

These days, the only podcast that I listen to every episode of nowadays is Red Bar Radio. It's always a good listen to and I recommend it. The guy is a great speaker and tells it like it is.

The three Adam Carolla shows, Distorted View, and Free Talk Live are just there when I'm away from my computer and need to be entertained.

Antennapod is the way to go. It's the podcast app I use that you see in this screenshot. I used to be a man who would sync new shows onto an mp3 player, but streaming is so much more convenient.
>>
>>27155583
Why do you want to be verbally cuckolded by Chads?
>>
The Worst Idea of All Time is my favorite right now. Also listen to Drunks and Dragons, Common Sense, Hardcore History, Revolutions, and Start-up.

Also "story of the week" or "theme of the week" podcasts are fucking annoying nowadays. So are celebrity interview podcasts.
>>
>>27156141
What do you think of Startup?
>>
>>27155335
Wow I never knew people actually use podcast. You guys must be unbelievable boring to listen to some crap that's worse than radio.
>>
>>27155651
since 05 and no uhh yeah dude? ya ok
>>
>>27156167
I don't know, it can be quite informative
http://www.econtalk.org/archives/2015/03/david_skarbek_o.html
Like this, the economics of Prison Gangs.
It's information that is pretty cool
>>
>>27155651
What podcasts did you listen to?
>>
>>27156157
It's alright, first season was really good and second season had an annoying cast. The mini season they just had alternated between good and bad episodes. The current hiatus seems to be taking longer than it should.
>>
>>27156167
>radio
>getting ear fucked by two minutes of commercials per 10 minutes of content
>having to tune it at particular hours to hear what you want
>can't pause it if you've got shit to do
>fuzzes if you pass under a bridge

no thanks
>>
>>27156221
who is that exactly? I might know who you're talking about.

>>27156302
Let's see..

Diggnation, other Revision3 stuff like "Infected with Martin Sargent" was really good, Leo Laporte's stuff on his network, The Moon Masters, The Hado Kings, Wreckless Media Radio, Mondays, Otaku Generation, Dan Carlin's Hardcore History and Common Sense... oh shit, there are more, but my memory is foggy. I was a podcast fanatic, I was always sampling random stuff that topped on PodcastAlley.

I've been meaning to listen to Hardcore History again. I've actually recollected all of the episodes and holding onto them because they're pure gold.

Either the shows podfaded or they're still around and I've long since long interest. I'm surprised as all hell that Otaku Generation is still going strong, though I haven't listened to them in like six or seven years, their site is still up.
>>
Daily Shoah
No Agenda
>>
sleepycast is my favourite one, i reccomend it to anyone on here. i also started listening to the grandma's virginity podcast, it's alright. they're not doing the pigs are people thing anymore, which is good
>>
Pka, the drunken peasants, and occasionally the rooster teeth podcast. I do cringe when pka talk about superhero movies though because they know literally nothing
>"who tf is deadpool lmao"
>"cable???"
>"daredevils lame! He doesn't even have a super power"
>>
>>27156712
Oi
VEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
a daily SHOAH
>>
>>27156695
what ever happened to Kevin Rose?
>>
>>27156813
What type of podcasts are those?
>>
>>27156917
I used to like Rooster Teeth, they're mostly just shills now.
>>
>>27157091
You know.. I have to say the same thing.

You'd imagine he'd still be a technology enthusiast out there covering the latest tech and doing projects. I mean, he's a millionaire. He could afford to just sit back and be an entertainer.

I guess he just doesn't want to do it.
>>
>>27158067
I think he just got married and has a kid and stuff so became boring
>>
Philosophize this is pretty comfy. Just saying senpai
>>
Mainly the Drunken Peasants. And sometimes the Pizza Party Podcast cuz I'm a huge faggot manchild.
>>
>>27158339
what the hell podcast is druken peasents and why does everyone bring it up
>>
Dinoaur ftw
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.