[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robot Houses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 15
File: fightclubhouse.jpg (119 KB, 400x287) Image search: [Google]
fightclubhouse.jpg
119 KB, 400x287
What do you guys think about the idea of rooming with a bunch of r9k people? It could possibly be a way out of this misery for many of us.

I was reading about how self-help doesn't really work because most of our behaviours are socially conditioned, and so the only way to really improve yourself is to be a part of a social group that works toward collective self-improvement. Imagine a bunch of houses popping up all over the Anglosphere where NEETs/wageslaves could go and live, work out together, get encouragement and help, get employment/skills/certifications, get a gf and so on. Could be a way for the beta uprising to begin.

What would it realistically take to make this happen?
I guess what it boils down to is what sort of conditions are you guys willing to live under for the sake of saving money?

Like, how many people could you tolerably live with? Could you handle living in packed, fight club style triple bunk bed conditions?
How much in disposable income do you really need? And how much could you pitch for bills/rent?
How many hours a week at a wageslave job could you handle without wanting to kill yourself?
How far away would you be willing to travel to go live at a house like this?

My guess is that so many of us have such seriously low standards and anhedonia from depression that we could handle living in situations that most normies would puke at. As long as we have an internet connection and can get comfy I think most of us would be totally fine.

As far as organizing this, I think we would need to start an IRC channel and maybe a wiki or something for it. The history of projects like this working out on the chans is pretty weak.

Thoughts?
>>
>>26942900
half-way houses and mental institutions already exist
>>
>>26942900

cyborgs would become the house alphas on the days they had enough energy
>>
File: WIN_20150914_172419.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20150914_172419.jpg
98 KB, 1280x720
>>26942900
Do you accept fembots?
>>
>bunch of unsociable NEETs
>no one cleans anything
>house stinks from bad hygene
>people miss bills because they have no money
>house is shit and in a low income area because they have no money

rooming with other people is shit enough but rooming with robots would be the absolute worst.
>>
>>26942958
just get a few bipolars or add's with adderall

things won't be so great all the time but every once in a while when the mania kicks in shit will get done
>>
>>26942951
yes but you will have to be communal property
>>
>>26943009
This. Also the whole point is to make NEETs less shit via lifting weights and socialization
>>
>>26943032
if they can;t motivate themselves how is living with people who will encourage their shitty lifestyles going to change anything/
>>
>>26943051
by.... not encouraging each others shitty lifestyles?
>>
>>26943091
reread my post in response to that
>>
>>26943104
preaching is a lot easier than doing
>>
>>26943104
its not that complicated, but I get that your mental illness makes you wanna shoot down any idea before bothering to think about how to make it work
>>
>>26942900
Reminds me of what a coworker of mine is doing. Where we work is hie second job. His first job is working with this guy who is running a particular place with rooms for rent. 15 rooms, 5 bathrooms. It used to be a Sanitarium a long time ago at the turn of the (last) century. You know, a place where hospitals stick patients for extended periods of time to recover?

Carved over the door it literally says "SANITARIVM". It's this big building with 12 inch thicks blocks of stone for the outer wall.

The gimmick of the place is, there is only one bill to pay for your room: $70/week. It's a sort of half-way house for people who just need a place to stay until they get their lives in order or anyone who just wants to live cheap. Some have stayed for years, other stick around for a week. Each room is pre-furnished with a mini fridge, a tv with cable, a microwave and a bed. There is free wi-fi shared amongst the house. If you want anything out of your room (for more space or you're bringing your own) you can tell them and they'll take it out.

His goal isn't to make money, he used the place himself for years until he started working there. The main owner was motivated because he used such a place down in Texas. It's named after the guy he started the one in Texas.

I found it strangely inspirational that such a place exists. It's not a depressing place either. I went to look at it. It's on a big grassy lot with a river running through the property, a picnic area with a gazebo and a fire pit, there's a lounge in the basement where people can play cards, etc.
>>
>>26943203
That's awesome, I feel like this is desperately needed for so many broken boys. The only things that exist like that here are state run facilities which creep me the fuck out. We need something we can make our own, like part halfway-house, part bootcamp, part hackerspace
>>
i'd rather just squat on a piece of wilderness
>>
>>26943301

I'd rather just complain desu
>>
>>26943301
I also feel like there is such a need. There are so many people on 4chan and probably elsewhere who are just fed up with being told how we're supposed to get a job and buy a bunch of shit. I liked OP's pic. Back when I had a negative bank account after working 40 hours a week, going to a community college and paying rent I was still starving on a regular basis and wasn't buying shit. That was about the time I watched Fight Club. And the first half of the movie resonated with me so well.

"An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
>>
fuck it, throwing my steam id into this thread: slavedriver25 (made it in 8th grade, don't hate)
I'm going to sleep now, anyone feel free to add me for any reason even if you're not super stoked on this idea
>>
>>26943331
>>26943301
My wildest fantasy is something in between. Some place that is designed to escape and basically retire forever from dealing with the bullshit of society. Why should we trade our time, the only thing you can never get more of, for money.

Something akin to Slab City but more organized. The irony, yes, being that by giving it structure it ends up creating a society.

But instead of one building I'm imagine something like a trailer park in the back of private, undeveloped land. More privacy for the group and for the individuals.

The old men running the Sanitarium run it on a shoe-string budget but they're old men running things traditionally. They're not thinking of solar panels to reduce electricity costs or a wired intranet of servers full of copyright media to be privately shared amongst the group living together.

They're not getting a commercial bus license, a big bus and driving willing tenants down to the plasma donation center twice a week so they can make their rent.

There obviously needs to be ways to fund this, if no one is actually working there needs to be a source somewhere and I doubt even if you pool 20 neets passive incomes together they could keep such a place afloat.

I need to look into the local and state laws to see if you can take donations/tips for free distillery and brewery tasting.
>>
>>26943583
I propose a back country commune of knife makers.

We make our own charcoal, source our iron from old car parts, and sell high quality hand made knives to a discerning and affluent clientele.
>>
>>26942951
Yes but you will have to be our mommy
>>
>>26943609
That's a pretty decent craft project business.

If there is enough space people could kind of just do whatever the fuck they want to "make rent".

Knife forges don't even seem that big. Do you make knives yourself?
>>
>>26943648
no, but i've seen videos
>>
>>26942900
How about an off grid homestead/small farm in the middle of nowhere?
People could even each have their own tinny houses if they wanted to and if there was enough land. then we could also have some communal buildings too, like a work shop and other stuff.
>>
>>26943710
people dont want to commit. Its a nice idea tho
>>
>>26943710
The issue with turning the idea into a farm is making the people who live there work to collect the food and the people to prepare the food.

How many neets will be willing to work collecting food just because they're "off the grid"? I'm sure plenty of people here would go crazy with lots of amenities like on-demand-electricity to play their video games and run their air conditioning or microwave their chicken tendies.
>>
>>26942900
So like a monastery?
>>
File: 1456824846949.jpg (25 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1456824846949.jpg
25 KB, 360x360
>>26943609
I'm a NEET trap with a bf but this sounds like a fun thing to do, i'm stealing your project idea.
>>
>>26943710
It's really hard to make off-the-grid work. Most intentional communities and shit that try this end up failing.

Don't get me wrong, its something I would love to do but I'd consider it a more distant goal considering the constraints we're operating under.

If a group of NEETs from here can get it together enough to work 15 hours a week at some min wage job, and can share a house with like 10-15 other people, with enough discipline to keep the cleaning and chores and shit under control, this would be a huge win.
>>
>>26943768
ideas are worthless

there are more than 7 BILLION human beings on this planet

the only thing that matters is doing
>>
>>26942900

yeah, for some reason I think associating and living together with other socially handicapped creatures, with below average hygiene, who won't clean after themselves, won't get me a gf.

Imagine bringing a women home. The moment you open the door autistic NEETs will smell the menstrual cycle and scuttle off, hiding under the cupboards, furiously and synchronically masturbating to the scant smell of the hormones.

>anon what is this place and why is the house vibrating
>begin sweating profusely, run out screaming.
>>
>>26943791
The question then becomes: would those 10-15 people be the right kind to want to live in such a situation?

I imagine NEETs love their privacy. I imagine a lot of them are hoarders who need their space.
>>
File: 1454442699531.gif (564 KB, 302x400) Image search: [Google]
1454442699531.gif
564 KB, 302x400
>>26943796
>ideas are worthless
but familia, I never had this idea before. I could easily make this work now that I have the idea.

I'm just trying to imagine how to do the handles for the knives, I guess the blade and handle could all be the same piece though.
>>
>>26943834
If your current goal is the "I really need to get a gf" meme than I don't think you're in the right thread.

>>26943841
You get some quality wood that fits over the handle of the blade (the metal of the blades runs through the whole of the handle), you find a way to secure it to the metal of the handle.
>>
>>26943841
just rivet a pretty hardwood onto a full tang blade then file it until it's nice

then treat it with a nice oil or sell it raw so the user can oil/age it with their own hands
>>
>>26943838
I think NEETs are more adaptable than you might think. So much of what gives people certain characteristics comes down to circumstance, socialization and roles. That's why moving to another city to start over works, you get to start over with people who don't know you and fake it till you make it. You can literally end depression by pretending not to be depressed for long enough.

A NEET is a NEET because he's trapped in a situation where he can live a tolerably/comfortably while his learned helplessness is reinforced. I think making things easy is the exact opposite of what he needs, what he needs instead is to face challenges and overcome them.
>>
>>26943950
You make it sound like they should just join the army.
>>
>>26943978
the problem is the army is voluntary

you could very easily overcome the challenges of being in the military by not joining or by being discharged
>>
>>26943978
they should if they can, but the army is different now, they're more selective about who they take in

plus who wants to be a ZOG minion
>>
>>26942951
no. fuck off. no such thing as fembots.

You will destroy the harmony of the group.
>>
>>26944001
No one.

>>26943988
Yeaah... hmm. Good point.

>>26943874
>>26943841
>>26943791
>>26943741
>>26943648
You know, I think the good thing about this neet homestead would be the fact that there would be a lot of people together trying to sharpen skills to make money together so that they don't have to get "real" jobs.
>>
Wouldn't it just become a haven of alcoholism and debauchery?
>>
>>26942900
Could be a nice thing if we refused shitskins and women. It'd be like a monastery to laziness.
>>
>>26944037
sounds like my room attvmtbqhfam
>>
>>26942900
Whoops. There were some good questions posed in the OP that I think we all ignored.

>>26942900
>Like, how many people could you tolerably live with?
About 10 to 12. Maybe 15 if a good chunk of them I almost never see.
>How much disposable income do you really need?
Disposable is the key word here. Most of my hobbies are free and if I honestly can't get it free I sour grapes the whole thing. I found freedompop and don't pay anything for my cell phone service for example. I have a learned hatred for pre-made (convenient/fast) food because of the price markup and working too many dead ends jobs making that shit. I prefer filtered water and cheap grain alcohol over other drinks. $100/month of disposable would do me fine if I was promised to not have to worry about other financial things.

>How much could you pitch for bills/rent
I'd give $150/month with no hesitatance to live in a 10-15 people halfway house provided I got some space to myself (half of a room with a wall in the middle or something). To live in a Fight Club barracks? $100/month

>How far would you be willing to travel
Anywhere in the US. I've worked enough dead end mcjobs long enough I can get a mcjob anywhere.
>>
>>26942900
So are we really gonna plan something?
>>
>>26944372
We can plan something right now. We're still well under the bump limit. I think OP might have went to sleep though.

The biggest issue, assuming we can act,
is finding the first "robot house". Then funding the first robot house. Someone has to own the damn thing. And that's the first split that happens. Someone has to be willing to find a shit place with enough space for a robot militia. And they have to be able to get it. Then once they have it, they're going to have to pay for the damn thing until they get enough "roommates".
>>
>>26944407
Why not just find a big apartment to rent?
I think it would be easier to start living in groups of 4-5 people, easier to find and not nearly impossible
>>
>>26944451
The problem with apartments is the lack of space to do the weird shit planned in this thread.
Someone in this thread is thinking of building a knife forge. Someone else mentioned a garden.

Also the biggest the place the more people you can cram into it and make the cost of living per person lower.
>>
>>26944451
an entire apartment building with like 10 units in a bad part of town is about $1million

with a 30 year loan and 20% down (lol) that's like $27k a year, meaning each unit is about $3k a year or $250 a month

if each unit had about 3 people splitting the rent that's not even $100 every month

why more people don't do this is a mystery
>>
>>26944595
Owning an apartment complex is a different idea completely.

I think the issue is greed. If someone owned an apartment complex they could use it as an apartment complex and rent each unit out for more than that. Also you're just thinking of the building, now you have to consider the cost of utilities per unit and how to go about charging each person for those.

In the end you just end up being a slum lord with an apartment complex full of losers.

It's not a terrible idea though.

There seems to be a lot of legalese and governemnt hoop-hoping to deal with owning an apartment building.
>>
>>26944657
government oversight on rental properties is actually very relaxed if you aren't running some kind of HUD unit and none of your tenants complains

local officials sometimes shake you down for donations though
>>
>>26944451
>>26944595
>>26944587

Just buy 5 acres of land and put up premade modules. In the US east coast area this wouldnt cost more than 50-100k. Then you also have the possibility of growing some food and have some chickens for eggs.

This is my plan. gonna buy the land this summer but im a scandifag so i gotta find some scandinavians to do this with
>>
>>26944827
Damn. If you were in the US I would ask for a contact.
>>
>>26944827
The problem with that is with zoning. In a lot of states/towns you aren't allowed to live on a piece of land, even private property, if you don't have it connected to sewage and electricity. That doesn't mean you have to be using those utilities but the hookups have to be there.

Permitting in this case becomes especially difficult if you have tenants.
>>
>>26944844
Ye thats life

>>26944870

You dont need power and sewage in sweden if you live in rural areas (im not talking about a town). Im a not a swede tho, i just wanna live there for the cheap land.
>>
>>26944870
>sewage connection
Well, I mean, you don't need to pipe your shit away. Septic tanks are a thing. You would be out the cost of placing it and emptying it when the shitter is full.
Electric hook ups are definitely a thing though. The government is full on jew about how you have to be part of the electric grid even if you're not using it.
>>
>>26944939
What's ridiculous is that septic is perfectly acceptable but compost toilets are not.
>>
I would be up for it. However I think everyone would shun me for being closer to normie than bot.
>>
>>26945067
How normie are you? Are you handsome, /fit/ and want your gf to live with you?
>>
>>26945073
I don't have a gf. my body is quite average. Im not fat or too skinny. Im not ugly but im not handsome in any shape or form. I have robot interests but im able to interact with people.
>>
>>26945073
is it /fit/ if i can do 10 pullups at a time?

over the course of a day i can do like 100+ pullups

i put a pullup bar at my door and every time i enter my room i have to do pullups until failure
>>
>>26945116
>>26945137
I can't imagine either of these being overly normie. You just don't collect piss bottles and live in squalor eating frozen chicken tendies.
>>
>>26945193
Im not that degenerate.
>>
>>26945193
i don't have piss bottles but i also do not take out my trash
>>
>>26942900
I would rather just live in the mountaisn
>>
>>26945279
Same here senpai. It just accumulates.
>>
Here's the problem with OP's idea.

This board is filled with nothing but bitter, self-important, losers. There is NO REASON to be so desperately alone unless you have a serious lack of self-awareness.

Even with people who have physical deformities there are other people with physical deformities. No, you aren't victims of a superficial culture, superficiality has always existed, it is inherent to our nature, you are victims of your own, gigantic, reality denying egos.

99% of robots think they deserve better than what they do. Can you imagine that in a share house situation? Everyone would clean one dish, use forty, and convince themselves they're pulling their weight and everyone else's.

A house of robots? No thank you.
>>
>>26945355
mental illness and an over active self-awareness
>>
>>26945365
The two are almost always mutually exclusive.

https://scholar.google.com.au/scholar?q=mental+illness+and+self-awareness&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwip7eaWzanLAhXDlZQKHQj3AZsQgQMIGjAA

Do some reading.
>>
>>26945374
Sorry, I forgot how autistic you guys are. I should have been more on-the-nose.

Over active delusional self-'''''awareness''''''. Does that help?
>>
I've been working towards a goal like this for a while now and have always enjoyed threads that have a similar theme, and I love how it seems to resonate more and more. even in this thread ideas that have shown themselves before come up much more quickly. it's like some of you guys are actually getting ready to make the transition
>>
>>26945413
I'm looking into buying property to build on for myself. The mansion dream is idiotic.
>>
to build up a "robot commune resume" I suggest we start meeting each other in more conventional ways. for example, does anyone want to split rent with me in a regular setting
>>
>>26945434
Yeah, inviting literal deadbeats to live with you is really iffy. That's the biggest flaw to this plan as much as I'm in love with it.

>>26945413
Tell me more about your goal, Anon.
>>
>>26945355
>superficiality is inherent so it's our fault that we hold the inherent traits of ego
idiot, kill yourself

>people have never sought ways to live isolated
boy it must be nice for your mentality to be justified continually by all of society
>>
>>26945434
same

hey dudeman check this out https://youtu.be/91pBFyLWIx4
>>
>>26945611
>Nothing in green appears in the backlink

Nice straw man and bitter rage.

I can just see it now:
>Anon, would you PLEASE empty your piss bottles?
>How dare you blame me for having a bladder that is inherent to all humans!? Kill yourself you idiot! WAAAAAAAAAH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26945482
its a totally amorphous plan considering how easily things fuck up and how little I actually know about everything according to people like this jackass >>26945355 but I have a lot of small ideas regarding details

but he's right, the most difficult factor is who you go with. the point he brings up also contains the solution; I figure I could use my traits of inaction to filter out people who aren't dedicated. whoever sticks around for years are people who would be worth considering planning with. people who already have a lifestyle or have no trouble adapting to one where they consume very little and are tidy enough not to let shit get dilapidated. unfortunately nothing ever comes from these threads and I don't think it's because they lose interest in the concept more than just because, any steps towards a goal like this require large investments that no one wants to take because if these investments are all we want to talk about, why would we if we don't know each other

that's why I suggested this
>>26945479
>>
>>26945655
>Nice straw man and bitter rage
>the guy who came into this thread unprovoked and started memeing about pissbottles

do you read what you write before you post
>>
>>26945786
Yeah.

You just fail at comprehension and didn't actually address the point. It's alright, like I said, 99% of robots are severely lacking in a lot of mental tools. Hence why they'd be horrible to live with.
>>
>>26945810
>hey losers im going to reiterate the main problem you all face and pretend you haven't thought about it before
thank you for your posts
>>
>>26942900
Nice concept, bound to be shitty in practice.
>Sleeping under the same roof with autistic, suicidal/homicidal underageb&s and NEETfags who are for the most part only interested in themselves and reek of shit due to poor hygiene
>Trusting the aforementioned anons to not steal and break your shit as soon as you take your eyes off of them
>Listening to these people spout memes and shitpost at all hours of the day in person
Yeah no thanks. I'll just sleep in my car.

Also obligatory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbEfV05tJz8
>>
>>26944060
you...i like you
made me giggle
>>
File: beta house 1.jpg (92 KB, 550x377) Image search: [Google]
beta house 1.jpg
92 KB, 550x377
I actually have planned on doing this for a while with a couple of guys from r9k. We've known each other for a bit and we planned for it two years in advance. Only problem is, people's lives change so quickly that I'll eventually end up being the only one living in the house. This sort of thing would never work with full on piss bottle, gf craving, self-entitled robots. It would only work with people who are totally sane and just browse this board every now and then.
>>
>>26946483
>would only work with people who are totally sane and just browse this board every now and then
these are the people whos lives are too exciting and dynamic to stay put for an extended period of time

the actual people you want are somewhere in between, who like monotony. problem is if they haven't killed themselves they have already become comfortable in where they are
>>
>>26943841
uh...BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>26942900
I hope you guys being molested by a big strong man because that is what Im doing to you to you, dont worry Ill stroke your dick anytime you want and suck it real good.
>>
>>26946794
that's super gay dude
>>
in my experience. shared accomodation works spectacular in theory.

the best way to achieve your dream is to do what another robot suggested and buy property. then you can do whatever the fuck you like.

id do it if there was one in aus. just give me a space i can do my tinkering in.
>>
>>26946847
>in my experience
>works in theory
fascinating
>>
>>26946597
That's pretty much me. I don't browse 4chan often because I just do other things now and my life is pretty monotonous right now.
>>
File: 1456455502239.jpg (161 KB, 885x661) Image search: [Google]
1456455502239.jpg
161 KB, 885x661
>mfw probably there's nobody I could do this where I live.
I could do the cleaning, I don't mind that.
>>
>>26946483
>beta house
I like it. Makes me giggle.
Tell me about this house. What do you guys pay for and how much do you pay. How nice is your situation?

>>26945760
Just finding roommates is a pain. My old facebook is full of family members, long distance friends who I haven't met in years, and people exciting busy lives with gf's and shit. I just want someone relatively quiet. The only co-worker I trust is in her 60's and she agrees you shouldn't live with people you work with.

Craigslist in my area is an infestation of 20 something women seeking female roommates who must like dogs or be okay with kids because they have fucking both and they always want a "drama free house" which means they're stupid enough to not realize they're the source of their drama. The only other roommate seekers are 50 year old men who don't realize their pics look like they'll murder me.

I wouldn't move across the country just to roommate with some guy unless we really clicked. I'd move that far for "robot house".
I'm in Missouri, btw. Just in case you are nearby.
>>
File: 1456322257788.jpg (46 KB, 474x600) Image search: [Google]
1456322257788.jpg
46 KB, 474x600
>>26946869
yes because, i've done it a few times...and it didn't work as good as i thought on all occasions?

do you think when you type or do you just type and hope for the best?
>>
>>26942900
This sounds perfect desu senpai
>>
>>26946937
well I certainly never hope for the worst

do you?
>>
File: dodgethis.jpg (85 KB, 866x1300) Image search: [Google]
dodgethis.jpg
85 KB, 866x1300
>>26946950
do you eat chocolate?
>>
living in a house with 10 - 15 robots/betas/cyborgs (or whatever you call yourself) could be interesting. the tech guy/guys sets up the network for the house and taking care of computer things (they could even make money with a repair service for pc stuff and shit) (i am really bad at stuff like that), the technically gifted could repair stuff in the house (put new wallpapers on the wall, replace the floor with a new one, repair the roof... i could do all of this besides electric stuff) and so on, i think you get the idea. that way we could save a lot money and even make some money. sorry for my english it's not my fist language, and sorry for the half thought ideas
>>
>>26947260
You're not too far off some of the benefits of living with a shit ton of people: somebody either knows how to do what you need to do or wants to learn how to do it. Who knows, maybe you could ask them to explain what they're doing and kind of teach you.

I think that's part of what OP was hoping for: a group of people honing skills together and growing better because they're part of something.
>>
>>26947353
>I think that's part of what OP was hoping for: a group of people honing skills together and growing better because they're part of something.

that was exactly my thought when i typed this>>26947260

so where are my german robots? we can do it
>>
>>26947396
You think a 25 year old loser with no degree or career could move to Germany? Germany sounds fun, like on the surface. Ignoring the weird /pol/ Merkel/feminism/being overrun by immigrants shit.

Maybe this thread should make one of those zeemaps or whatever so if there are two people relatively close by they could actually start something.
>>
>>26947469
i don't want anyone to move to germany, i look for the people who already live here. and i don't know if it's a good idea to move here because of /pol/ Merkel/feminism/being overrun by immigrants shit, like you said. if i could i already moved to the us to be honest (only thing i would miss there is the free health care, i couldn't pay the bills for my medical treatment) but probably it would be the same shitty life as here.
>>
>>26942958
I will cook and clean for everyone if I get free room(my own room) and Internet is decent.
>>
>>26947592
I would literally do the same. Fucking yard work? Fucking cleaning shit-covered toilets? I've been paid less for worse. The thought of not dealing with going out and working ever again would be worth it.

How hard is it for a 25 year old man to become a housewife?
>>
>>26947592
>>26947626
that's not how this idea works. everybody should pay for living in the house.
>>
>>26947698
Yeaaah, I know.

And paying to live there isn't just out of principal like they're being lazy or some shit. It's to literally keep the house.

Maybe you could get perks for being the cleaning bitch though? GBPs?
>>
File: 1432139156670.jpg (36 KB, 613x920) Image search: [Google]
1432139156670.jpg
36 KB, 613x920
>>26943412
The irony of this quote is that while saying we're the middle children with no place, it actually reinforces a special snowflake idea that we're a pioneering generation whos lives are more pointless, more oppressed and we need to fight a spiritual war for the first time in history. Tyler was hypocritical. He hated conformist dogmatic groups and then he made one of his own. Edgy babies don't pick up on half the point of the movie.. this is yet another version of "being told we'll be rock stars". Every generation is pointless, boring and lead lives of quiet desperation.. the only escape is delusion or suicide.

This house is another "grass is greener" fantasy. It might be good for a couple months, then it'll devolve into shitposting on r9k as always, and a couple of months isn't long enough to effect meaningful change not to mention the problems of lumping a bunch of autistic, angry, antisocial dropouts in one place without authority. When are you going to wake up to the fact that theres no saving you.. that this is your life.. forever.
>>
>>26947698
But if everyone works, nobody would want to do the cleaning.
>>
>>26947817
>When are you going to wake up to the fact that theres no saving you.. that this is your life.. forever.
Or until we die desu sempai
>>
>>26947817
Yeah, I'm the one who quoted it and I'm aware of the irony in the movie.

I'm aware every generation is pointless and we're not special. We don't want to recreate Fight Club. We don't want to bring down society. We just want to minimize our dealing with it.

If everyone just wants to shitpost on r9k all day at the house when they're not working their 2 shifts of work that week to pay rent and buy food then they should be happy to do so. It's their life and I fully encourage them doing exactly what they want with the time they have.
>>
Jealousy of each other's success will be the biggest problem.
>>
>>26947836
so you are telling me that you can't clean up after yourself? i work over 40 hours a week and i am still able to clean my appartment, it's not a big deal. for stuff like cleaning the bathroom you could take turns on it, everybody has to clean it sometimes.

but for example you could take a few bucks from the person who's roll it is to clean the bathroom and do it for him.
>>
How about getting some approximate idea of our manpower first?
We have to start from somewhere. How many eurofags/amurifags are willing to do it?
+1 euro here
>>
File: 1304938223524.jpg (21 KB, 369x368) Image search: [Google]
1304938223524.jpg
21 KB, 369x368
>>26946936
>I'm in Missouri, btw. Just in case you are nearby.
nope, oh well
>>
there should be 2 branches: rural, off in the boonies to handle human consumption resources, and an urban/semiurban for income or tech resources
>>
>>26948292
That's why I'm saying we need a zeemap:
https://www.zeemaps.com/
>>
>>26947817
yeah but at least it's different
>>
>>26948798
Hell, it doesn't even need to be a "robot house" map. It should just be for finding losers who want to live with other losers.
>>
What if some robots decide to form a suicide pack?
>>
>>26949034
this is true; in fact this is more important than the goal of robot house for reasons already said
>>
I would live with anyone as long as they use headphones.
>>
>>26948798
zeemaps never works, especially not here because it requires initiating conversation with the immediate implication of meeting up. terrible method
>>
>>26949134
What do you suggest then? Just bumping threads like this like it's a god damn /soc/ thread hoping we find people who want to discuss moving in together who are closer than 1000 miles?
>>
>>26949158
if I tell you now you'd steal my idea. I'll do it one of these days but I'm busy at the moment. hang tight anon
>>
>>26949172
Fuck you. If you don't want to discuss something then don't tease about it and not bring it up.
>>
File: r4vt1zN.jpg (3 KB, 125x112) Image search: [Google]
r4vt1zN.jpg
3 KB, 125x112
>>26949225
well if that's how it's gonna be I don't want impatient shits like you for friends anyways
>>
>>26942951

you mean rape slaves?
>>
>>26949298
>friends
wow nigga, we're supposed to be roommates. I didn't say I wanted to be your friend.
>>
File: 13482.png (663 KB, 818x719) Image search: [Google]
13482.png
663 KB, 818x719
the thought of living with the filth and bastards of this board made me puke in my mouth a little.
>>
>>26949480
I am somewhat hygienic.
>>
>>26949172
>>26949225
>>26949298

You think guys like this could really manage to live together in a house and coordinate all the bills and maintenance?
>>
>>26942900
This is pretty much what I'm doing, only, I stuck with robofriendos who I know want to improve their lives. People I've known for at-least two years from here, and who take daily activity and communication in each others lives and vice versa. We've also met multiple times before.

We're renting a large 5 bedroom house together between the five of us. Its only 500 a month by breaking even between us. This includes food, utilities, and rent. The city has a good reputation, the employment is good here, low crime, modern conveniences, all that jazz. Any money we make after rent is our own to blow per agreement.

>Month 1
The three of us without got our permits thanks to the support and tutoring of the two that did.

We all got jobs at the same warehouse.

We switched off into pairs/trios each week while there to explore the city a few times a week as a support system while communicating with strangers and making idle chit chat with them.

Social skills improved, and we started realizing that socializing wasn't a big deal.

>Month 2

We started going out every night to radicalize and build upon our social skills/charisma.

We all chipped in and bought a home gym for the basement, developed the same fitness routine, and made a schedule so we never overlaped with one another and always had a spotter/partner when needed.

We made a pact to go one step further and only buy healthy food outside our own wallets.

>Month 3
The three of us got our license.

We decided to step our the social game and we winged man each other the entire month. We all managed to lose our virginities to some pretty cute girls.

>Month 4
Two get hired as assistant managers at the job, and us other three get promoted to easier positions. I sit in the office all day taking occasional phone calls and browser the chin all day for $15 hrly. The boss actually feels bad for me because she thinks its such a boring position, but I love it.
>>
>>26947260
>not realizing this is near exactly the plot of Revenge of the Nerds
>>
>>26952274
What city? A $500/month 5 bedroom house is amazing.
>>
>>26942900
I'd do it to save money, but I don't think it would work how you expect it to.
>>
>>26952448
The actual value of the house is 1400.

And, Charlotte my dude.
>>
>>26952524
Oh. I guess I read that wrong. You were saying after it's split between you guys it's $500 a month. That's how much each person is paying. Meh.
>>
>>26952556
Sorry anon, wish rent was that low myself.
>>
>>26952524
south east us i decided is probably the most realistic place to do something like this
>>
>>26952274

That sounds awesome. I'd like to come but am in eastern Canada.
>>
A robot kibbutz? Sounds pretty good desu.
>>
File: hexayurts.jpg (110 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
hexayurts.jpg
110 KB, 960x720
Apparently these things are less than $200 bucks in materials. They're called hexayurts, they give them to refugees in kenya with a highly efficient wood gasification stove that costs like $50. Throw in a couple solar panels for $300-$500 and a pirate box for $40 and you have pretty much all the essentials to be a desert dwelling NEET monk. Maybe build a chicken coop or something, or get a shotgun to shoot wild game for dinner, and you're solid.
>>
>>26953335

https://www.reddit.com/r/halifax/comments/494kvl/starting_a_halifax_r9k_house/

Started a reddit thread in relevant subreddit
>>
>>26953895

Haredim are pretty much religious NEETs.
>>
I think this would be ideal for me. I get so scared around people, but only people I respect.
I don't respect myself, I don't respect fellow robots either because they're too much like me, then we'd all be on even ground and I wouldn't have to be scared or worry about anything.
>>
>>26954702
that would be nice, however you are almost with a certainty squatting illegally
>>
>>26954908
lol true, they even get to dodge the military draft.

In all seriousness I like the idea of living in a communal environment, It might be good for me, make me more sociable. Plus might end up not being a KHHV.
>>
>>26942900
lmao all you people are degenerate, retarded assholes with severe autism and ocd
you will never be able to live together (with anyone)
>>
>>26954778

Got banned :(
>>
File: 1456784909596.jpg (219 KB, 1024x1820) Image search: [Google]
1456784909596.jpg
219 KB, 1024x1820
>>26955588
>"you people"
>is here
>>
>>26942958
>no one cleans
so ?
>house stinks
SO ?
>unsociable NEET's
they can play vidya together

Rooming with normies is the fucking worst, they expect you to act a certain way and you can't be lazy as fuck.
Of course you wouldn't know that cause you aren't a fucking robot.
Back to facebook, you cancerous fag.
Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.