[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shut in and Loner thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 25
File: 1448199701942.jpg (28 KB, 400x302) Image search: [Google]
1448199701942.jpg
28 KB, 400x302
This is a thread for shut ins, and also loners (people with 0 friends, and limited or no contact with humans outside of the internet).

I'll start the discussion with something i've noticed recently. Most of my life, although I spent the majority of my time alone, I still had to go outside and be around people for education. After I graduated, I no longer had any reason to go outside, except for work.

I'm currently not working. I have been in my room for weeks. I've noticed i'm quickly losing my ability to socialize entirely. I like to think before, I was quiet but well spoken. I was able to express my ideas and thoughts adequately.

Now, that ability has atrophied immensely. I have complex thoughts but I can rarely find the right words to express them, and even online, even when I keep revising the post, I find that once I read it, it isn't right.

It's like the feeling when you forgot something, but it's perpetual. I find myself constantly at a loss for words.

Does anyone relate?
>>
I only ever talk to people at work.
Usually I lie my ass off to make people think I'm relatively normal.
>>
File: muh wage gap.png (293 KB, 743x531) Image search: [Google]
muh wage gap.png
293 KB, 743x531
>>25140342
Why are you using a trip?
>Usually I lie my ass off to make people think I'm relatively normal
I think I can relate. I intentionally allow my coworkers to assume I have a social life. It's interesting, all of them have separately told me they have no friends, and spend all their time alone at home.

I find it hard to believe though. For my male coworkers, I believe them. In fact, I think there are a lot more males in a similar situation to mine than society would have you believe.

But for my female coworkers, they are all attractive, and I find it hard to believe they are living a life similar to mine, despite their claims.
>>
>>25140319
That feel when I only have 5 contacts in my phone, and they are family.
>>
>>25140319

"Use it or lose it"

It holds true with basically every non-instinctual human abilities.
>>
>>25140319
I can relate OP, was just thinking about this today. Back when I was (kind of) social or when I was in high school I could keep conversation going despite being very quiet and introverted.

Now that I'm isolating myself, my side of the conversation seems to lay much more than it used to. I over think what I'm saying or trying to get across and want it to sound normal, it's almost as if I'm going through a dialogue in fallout and choosing my replies the way I'd choose the convo path in the game.

I usually drink and use escapism to not come to terms with the fact I'm a loser who is sinking by the day.
>>
>>25140342
why do you want to hunt black people with moonman senpai. i thought we was cool
>>
I can definitely relate.

The semester's over, so I've been in my room for the last 5 days. I only leave to go to the bathroom and get food.

I'm always like this, so I've pretty much lost the ability to be social anyway.
>>
>>25140580
What are you going on about?
I'm a weabboo spic. He'd kill me too.
>>
File: ree.jpg (38 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ree.jpg
38 KB, 400x300
>>25140455
I have lots of contacts in my phone, because it was my fathers before it was mine, and my brother also used it for a long time. However, the call history is just "mom" all the way down, with 1 or 2 "dad" and 2 "manager"
>>25140462
I wish that same truth applied to sex drive.

This post is not spam, stupid fucking filter.
>>
File: 1412366342205.jpg (98 KB, 280x271) Image search: [Google]
1412366342205.jpg
98 KB, 280x271
>mfw approx 100 hour in vidya over the past week

>>25140606
you posted that in a thread fish-kun
>>
I'm a shut in but I'll be going out to buy gifts for my family this week, I'd also like to get a haircut. wish me luck guys
>>
>>25140643
Good luck, anon. I went outside today and immediately regretted it. I quickly walked home using only back roads so I could avoid all the people. I got a haircut last week, and it went okay, sort of.
>>
I can relate OP, for me it's like I physically hate talking to people. If it's possible I'd rather just shake my head or nod, I'd rather give one word answers.

"Yes"
"No"
"Ok"

Are the words I use most often, I'm very clever and articulate but it's wasted. The only person I ever talk to sincerely is myself.
>>
>>25140638
You got me. I wanna kill niggers.
I want Ben Garrison to join in too.
>>
File: 1423431206582.png (34 KB, 822x899) Image search: [Google]
1423431206582.png
34 KB, 822x899
>>25140744
sorry senpai, we cant talk in boot threads anymore
>>
>>25140875
I dont want to talk to anyone dumb enough to take anything involving moonman seriously.
>>
File: 1412963805626.jpg (11 KB, 264x306) Image search: [Google]
1412963805626.jpg
11 KB, 264x306
>>25140951
meanie

what is moonman anyway
>>
>>25141035
He's a rapper and the voice of a generation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ABOqRfe9Dw
>>
>>25141075
lel, thats pretty catchy
>>
>>25141237
He's the most talented man alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU_RLw0XiAc
>>
File: 777756665.jpg (54 KB, 819x317) Image search: [Google]
777756665.jpg
54 KB, 819x317
>>25140319
Yes I can relate to this a lot.
I don't know what else to say though.
>>
File: 1450614727028.jpg (91 KB, 438x503) Image search: [Google]
1450614727028.jpg
91 KB, 438x503
>>25140744
>>25140951
>>25141075
>>25141265
None of this has anything to do with the thread.

If I had the power to kill all tripfags, I would do it.
You are the scum ruining imageboards.
>>
Yo. Loner here.
I don't know why I struggle to bond with others. People like me but I don't do much back to carry this on. I just keep moving from group to group or just keep myself to myself like a social drifter.
It's a pretty lonely life, but most of the time it's not too bad. I'm very independent as a result, and I can usually manage working solo pretty easy.
I do wish I had some friends nearby though. You know. The ones that want to hang out and shoot the shit with you. That would be pretty nice.
>>
>>25142198
yeah, they really derailed my thread there. Fucking hate them, and their sycophants.
>>
File: llT1rRg.png (151 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
llT1rRg.png
151 KB, 500x500
>>25140319

I have a normiebook with a couple hundred "friends" (zero of whom I actually talk to IRL) but I only only use my normiebook to write my own diary through semi-weekly statuses on my timeline.

I make each post set to "Only Me".

However, I'm paranoid and need reassurance fellow robots.

If I comment on my own status that's set to "Only Me", will anybody else be able to see the post or the comment?

I NEED to know bc I write some pretty degenerate-tier shit (anime hentai fanfics, poetry and personal tributes to my 2d waifus, stream of consciousness about all the times in my life that this normie society has brutally ostracized me, my thoughts on the shit state of the world and how nobody seems to care about the rabbit hole of complete NSA/CIA/military/police surveillance and totalitarianism we are all falling into etc. etc. etc.) in my diary fampai.

>mfw I will always be alone
>no matter what
>Iwantoffthisride.jpg

PS: seeing all the active social lives of the normies on my normiebook makes me feel like complete shit desu. I actively try to avoid browsing through my newsfeed but sometimes I get sucked into it by sheer curiosity and then it just becomes pouring salt into my old wound.

25 yo KHV, shitskin skeletor manlet here btw
>>
File: guccimang.gif (80 KB, 592x415) Image search: [Google]
guccimang.gif
80 KB, 592x415
>>25142952

samefag

I need to get this off my chest so badly
So here goes:

Burger is
not a sandwich
REEEEEEE!!!!
>>
>>25142952
Fuckerberg's robots analyze it and give you ads. There's also the chance normiebook will change its formulas and everything you've ever posted will become visible.
>>
File: 1449800528713.jpg (70 KB, 500x598) Image search: [Google]
1449800528713.jpg
70 KB, 500x598
>>25143009

Thanks for the (You) Anon!
Fuckerberg. Hahaha... Le Ebin
Welp, the day that happens is the day I delete my normiebook. (Or at least, once I backup all my diary onto my harddrive.)

On what universe did I ever think writing my diary on normiebook was a good idea? Shoulda wrote it on paper since the beginning. GG I guess m80's
>>
File: pepe culture.gif (2 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
pepe culture.gif
2 MB, 720x720
>>25143095
There's something alluring about the threat of having it seen. Hopefully even if it happens you don't interact with anyone enough to appear in their newsfeed. When I don't troll for that's what happens to me. feelsgoodman

>>25140319
I do pretty good when I'm in school and when I worked more I did better. I could get a second part time job tomorrow but I don't think it would make me happy.

I'm a great communicator. I give extemporaneous speeches when I'm supposed to have prepared an assignment and I pass with A's. I managed to wheel and deal and made some fine moves before I was even 20 back when my family's business was worth anything. I can shill my way to the top of any facebook post.

I can't make friends. And because I act like a normie everyone thinks I must be some important person with friends and coworkers who like him and a significant other and I'm just alone every single day.

Someone kill me please.
>>
File: 1450290528706.jpg (86 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
1450290528706.jpg
86 KB, 1024x575
>>25140319
Sometimes I'm wondering how people's lives are like outside the class. I hear them always talking about going out to clubs or bars on thursday friday, or saturday while I'm studying or browsing the intenet all evening. I assumed that after a while, they would invite me but none of the did yet.

Now I can't help but think they just pretend to like me out of pity.
>>
>>25143095
Yeah, don't write shit on normiebook that you don't want others seeing. The privacy settings aren't really reliable as in the future they show more and more blatant disregard for privacy. I recall the system broke once, and peoples private searches became public (so dudes who searched for some girls page, everyone could see) and also private pictures showed up too.
>>
>>25140319
>I have complex thoughts but I can rarely find the right words to express them
Same here. Started happening more after I quit my job 3 years ago and got much worse in the last year since I've basically kept to myself. Atrophy was a good description.
>>
>>25142991
It always bothered me immensely when fast food chains refer to burgers as sandwiches on tv ads, thought it was just me
>>
>>25140319
yeah, i think i want to talk to people but i find trouble trying to communicate with others even online.

i don't even know. i end up getting anxious and i don't know what to talk about or where to find common ground without feeling like i'm being a nuisance or annoying.

i'm just boring.

it's especially difficult with you have interests that seemingly no one else shares.

i don't think i can be in a relationship with anyone without them getting bored of me or tired.

conversation is mentally exhausting and i'm afraid to show my true self to others. i think i'm abrasive.

i don't know anymore. i'm just kind of floating around. i recently found out that my mom is taking anti-depressants after snooping around when she wasn't around. so i guess it runs in the family and it would explain pretty much everything

tfw fucked brain

i never asked for this.

uncomfortable silences, or are they comfortable? are you content with just sitting with me and waiting until something comes up to talk about? these are things i want to ask but i don't really want to ask.

sometimes i find myself with my head in my hands eyes closed in that typical position.

i only find comfort in the gentle glow of my computer monitor nowadays.

is it really loneliness if you're the only one?

i am confused but i don't like to dwell on these things too long because they never make sense.
>>
File: L50U17y.gif (60 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
L50U17y.gif
60 KB, 320x320
>>25143333

Gracias!
I feel a little less lonely now. Idk how
Most likely I will never meet you or even tangentially occupy the same location or space physically
But just knowing we both share this same idea

WTF I don't know what I'm saying

loneliness is a cruel bitch

my mind is def warped already

>i have cousins i used to play marbles and soccer and watch anime and WWF and make blanket tents with in my toddler and elementary school years
>been so many years since I've actually had a real convo with them that we're basically complete strangers now

Fuck... honestly

If I ever stop being lonely, it won't be bc I make friends

It'll probly just be me keeping close to my immediate family and re-connecting with my cousins and other extended family

Gonna be at my uncles for Christmas and (maybe) New Years'
Hopefully I can get buzzed enough from Ponche and Rompope and /comfy/ enough with the Tamales to at least talk to my cousins a little bit
Maybe reminisce on the good old kiddy days
See what everyone's up to

Wish me luck Anons! I need it

This is my theme song everyday 2bh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=juXpX_SgWp4#Ima%2C_Soko_ni_Iru_Boku_Ending_-_Ko_Mamori_Uta
>>
File: frog city.gif (114 KB, 439x500) Image search: [Google]
frog city.gif
114 KB, 439x500
>>25143552

samefag
fugg y didn't it link senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juXpX_SgWp4
>>
For a long time whenever I wanted to order delivery or had to call back for a job interview I would dial the number then delete it from the fear of sounding like an idiot, stuttering over words and speaking too quietly. I'd just sit there and do it for 10 minutes until I finally gathered the courage. I'm pretty sure it's a skill like any other, don't use it a lot and it'll dull, and it's such a struggle to return back to acting like a normal person would. Not that I was very social during school but after graduating it really did get much worse and I question why I bother waking up every day. At this point I just want to be left alone and just work to sustain myself and my hobbies but I can't even get past the autist filter during interviews.
>>
File: sadmonkey.jpg (17 KB, 480x618) Image search: [Google]
sadmonkey.jpg
17 KB, 480x618
I get along with people fine, just not to the extent that I befriend them. I have one or two people I can call my acquaintances I guess, but we barely have anything in common so I don't even know why we're acquainted in the first place.

I'm virtually invisible to everyone because I'm so damn passive and quiet, the only times people do talk to me is when they don't know how to solve an academic problem. It's sad desu.

I certainly don't want to be a normie popular grill, but I wish I had a friend but I doubt if it's even possible.

(Sorry for my Engrish, I'm not a native speaker.)
>>
>>25143699
Order online man, that is what I do. Just have to deal with the person at the door and that only lasts around 45 seconds
>>
>>25140319
I cant even socialize on the internet anymore, you guys feel so alien and casual to me.
>>
File: VM7p6RN.jpg (36 KB, 500x415) Image search: [Google]
VM7p6RN.jpg
36 KB, 500x415
>>25143787

are you usabot?

oh and no I'm not Le Ebin Thirsty Fuckboy

legit am interested in a pure e-mail or skype or steam correspondence type friendship

I just want someone I can talk to desu
I can listen to you too, I'll just straight up listen No BS, won't pass judgment or offer advice or anything unless you specifically ask for it
I straight dgaf about anything anymore
I'm samefag from >>25142952 and >>25143552
btw
>>
>>25143189
Whoa man. Fucking amazing view. I bet girls would get wet just from walking into your home
>>
>>25143414
You just described me. My mom also has some kind of depression thing going on. That has kinda affected me too. I dont really bother meeting friends anymore because obviously I'm too boring for them. Only people I talk are family members and coworkers. Slowly getting used to this.
>>
>>25144011
we will find a way
maybe....
>>
File: WDYTYA.jpg (53 KB, 630x462) Image search: [Google]
WDYTYA.jpg
53 KB, 630x462
>>25143980
Not him, you should stop being an ass
>>
>>25140319
I've been a shut in my entire life. If the internet didn't have so much juicy information I would get rid of it.

I hate humanity
>>
>>25144106
What? It's a really nice view is all i'm saying. I wasn't trying to make fun of him for not getting girls, it was just imagery.
>>
I can absolutely relate. When I daydream I have very precise, intricate and insightful thoughts that get garbled when I try to speak or write them down. I think it has something to do with aspergers syndrome that makes me think in concepts, images and actions, not in words.
>>
>>25144106
what are you talking about lad

it's a nice looking place I'm sure he was just giving a compliment
>>
>somehow get people trying to friend me from college
>mostly sit in my room on internet all day
>They keep inviting me to hang out
>this continues for about two months until they get new friends
>part of me says this is sad but I truly don't care
>Just be online, play games, listen to music and watch anime
>Go days without saying a single word
>graduate in a year and have to get a project group/internship/job despite no connections
Just fuck my shit up senpai. Why can't I just be qualified by my skills. I'm a good team worker too. Get my work done and leave.
>>
File: tumblr_ntb76iWxXp1ust2kjo1_400.gif (445 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntb76iWxXp1ust2kjo1_400.gif
445 KB, 400x400
>>25144385
Hi nico
>>
>>25144425
Wow I never noticed she really does look like her in that shot. That is not the Nico however fampai desu.
>>
I want a girlfriend.

Really bad.
>>
File: 1448404565948.png (262 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
1448404565948.png
262 KB, 491x491
>>25144513
I noticed that right after I posted tbqh
>>
>>25144565
thank you for the kek
>>
>>25144777
RIP. At least you got some trips now desu desu.
>>
>>25144565
>>25144787
Top kekkles all around.
>>
>>25140319
Iktf.
>Go to class the first three weeks
>lectures are all based on slides that are posted online now
>stayed up too late browsing 4chin or something (like right now)
> too tired next day so just skip class because I can study later myself
>don't study and feel like lecture will be a waste since I'm behind so skip again
>also shirked weekly assignments that I still need help with but can't because feel weird letting teacher know I haven't been to class in forever and become reasons not to go because I need to finish past assignments before asking for help with the new ones
>this snowballs as each skipped day I get greater anxiety to actually go outside
>end up completely ignoring all work and never go to class after second midterm and show up on final (5 weeks in between)
>Just want to put my answers down and bail the fug out and go back to my room
>still do well in class
Something tells me this way if doing things isn't going to work much longer.
>>
File: tmp_13576-109-1375814016.jpg (120 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13576-109-1375814016.jpg
120 KB, 800x450
>>25143414
>uncomfortable silences, or are they comfortable? are you content with just sitting with me and waiting until something comes up to talk about?
This very much. I'm in a group online and only go on maybe once a week to two weeks to talk. I also play an mmo and hardly find anything to talk to my group. I really like all these people too. I have a lot of thoughts but I think I'm too busy talking to myself mentally whereas most people share their thoughts which I seem to forget to do.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.