[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone (preferably a normie) explain how one would go about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 7
File: not again.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
not again.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
Can someone (preferably a normie) explain how one would go about making friends and establishing close relationships?

This is what I've tried:

>Identify potential new friend/girlfriend based on your own personal criteria (i.e. they aren't total cunts, they share the same interests as you, they are interesting or funny to be around, they're attractive etc.)
>Spend weeks/months observing them, learning their routines, their behaviors, what makes them laugh, what upsets them, what they dislike, what they HATE, what they LOVE, their favourite foods, drinks etc. etc.
>Spend further weeks/months making a big effort to appeal to them. Talk about things they like to talk about. Casually mention or suitbly imply that you like the same things they like
>Make an effort to make them laugh. Tell jokes specifically geared towards them, forward them funny things that are relevant to their specific life circumstances. Sit at home for hours thinking of funny things you could say in your next interaction with said person.
>Spend hours at home researching their interests so you can discuss them in more detail and with more background knowledge
>Make a special effort to go out of your way to help them. For example if they say their brother is applying for a job, say that you can send them your interview notes that got you your job. Or if they say they are having trouble moving stuff into their new apartment, say you can drive around and help by taking some things in your car. Or just little things like texting them to offer to get them something from the store on your way to work/class.

Really not sure what more I can do...
>>
>>26687460
But the result is always the same

They never text me first
They never invite me to hang out with them
They require A LOT of pressurizing to do stuff with me or go to an event with me. Like I have to text them at the start of the week. Then again mid-week. Then again the night before. And basically I have to make them feel awkward as fuck about backing out of it before they finally cave in and come along with me to whatever it is.

It's always an uphill battle, it's always me doing all the work and putting in the effort. They NEVER text me first. It's always me that has to start conversations.

If I just give up (and I have already tried this) sit back and do nothing then I don't get ANYWHERE. At least if I follow the above procedure I get a little bit of social interaction and the illusion of having friends. But if I just stop caring then, I'm left totally alone.

So what the fuck do I do?
>>
And this this thread sums up perfectly the point I'm trying to get across

>Spend time and effort creating a post, giving as much detail as possible
>Get absolutely nothing back in return

Maybe it's just human nature in general... Still doesn't explain how some get away with it and have rich and engaging social lives though.
>>
Here is a protip that is applicable to most problems that people have, especially those who post on /adv/

THE ANSWER IS MUCH SIMPLER THEN YOU THINK. THE HARD PART IS HAVING THE COURAGE TO PERSIST.

For instance, perhaps join a sports club to find friends. Or if you don't like sports, go to local gigs (music) or look online for meetups for hobbies you're interested in. You aren't going to get any answers for something as complex and vague as getting close friends because there are too many variables and the human mind is far more random then any post could attempt to digest.

Goodluck OP.
>>
The thing is, unless you really click with someone, most normies are selfish fucks that will always hang out with someone of higher social value first. Either they're more popular, throw a lot of parties, in a band...whatever it is.

So you have to find some way to prove that they are getting something out of hanging out with you. Or just try for non-normie friends who are desperate or don't give a shit about that kind of stuff.
>>
>>26687472
Take it slow, don't force them. Literally be yourself. It's not gonna make you all the friends, but you'll get ones that work.
>>
>>26687460
>>Spend weeks/months observing them, learning their routines, their behaviors, what makes them laugh, what upsets them, what they dislike, what they HATE, what they LOVE, their favourite foods, drinks etc. etc.

This is utterly fucking terrible. This alone should be a giant red flag to you. Why isn't it?

>Sit at home for hours thinking of funny things you could say in your next interaction with said person.
>>Spend hours at home researching their interests so you can discuss them in more detail and with more background knowledge

Do you really have no sense at all of why this isn't in any way a good thing to be doing?

>>Make a special effort to go out of your way to help them. For example if they say their brother is applying for a job, say that you can send them your interview notes that got you your job. Or if they say they are having trouble moving stuff into their new apartment, say you can drive around and help by taking some things in your car. Or just little things like texting them to offer to get them something from the store on your way to work/class.

This is trying way too hard and going way beyond what anyone expects of someone who isn't an actual friend.

You sound completely clueless and obsessive and totally too much to deal with.

You really shouldn't be surprised at all that people pretty much have to be guilt tripped into letting you hang out with them.

You're full on, overpowering, not actually interested in them but obsessed with breaking them down into facts and interests, and you basically sound like someone who really obviously tries way too hard.
>>
>>26687460
It's fine to connect with others but you're over thinking it. It's not a test. Just let it flow naturally.
>inb4 Le bee urself
If they have the same interests as you then it should be easy to make jokes and conversation. If not, then you don't really like it and should try something else.
>>
>>26688068
Not OP, and agree people shouldn't be THAT obsessive, but if you don't have much social skills it really helps to think of things to say before hand.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>26687472
I had the same shit go down with a group of friends for about 2 years. Eventually I became comfortable around them after nudging myself into shit, and pretty much as soon as that happend, they became more comfortable around me and invited me to shit. Now I'm one of them.
Not exactly sure if this is how it usually works, but it's my only real experience with this type of stuff.
Good luck man
>>
>>26687460
If you have to research their hobbies or interests, they don't sound like candidates to be friends. You aren't similar enough to warrant pursuing that. If they wanted to be your friend they would introduce you to those hobbies or interests of theirs and include you, but that is not happening.

Forcing and Guilt tripping friends into hanging out with you is not productive, I have one "friend" like that and I do not like hanging out with him, he sucks.

You need to reevaluate your whole approach, it should never be forced, and if a friendship or relationship does not develop mutually between the two parties then there is no point forcing it, the other party will resent it.

You fail OP
>>
>>26688068
>totally too much to deal with.
No idea where you're getting that from, explain.

>You're full on, overpowering
Absolutely not. I know that people don't like that so I measure myself accordingly.

I don't understand the points you are trying to make. Yes it's obsessive, compulsive... whatever... who cares?

Nobody knows I'm this way. They only see what I decide they get to see. They don't see me researching online for hours. They just see me casually throw a fact into a conversation and they usually are visibly impressed.

I'm not an autistic moron. I am very emotionally intelligent. I'm good at reading people and I can gauge their reactions accurately.

>Trying too hard
Yeah, well as I said, I've tried not trying as hard and that doesn't work at all.
>>
>>26688457
>If you have to research their hobbies or interests, they don't sound like candidates to be friends. You aren't similar enough to warrant pursuing that. If they wanted to be your friend they would introduce you to those hobbies or interests of theirs and include you, but that is not happening.

What if you don't have any hobbies or interests? What if you just want to be with people and are happy to take up new hobbies?
>>
>>26688135
i'm the same
i've got to the point where i've just given up totally, the only time i socialize with anyone is at work on evenings and weekends i'm totally alone
>>
>>26688109
this
as soon as i meet someone i always ask if they've got facebook because the first thing i do is add them and read the shit out of their wall and likes

absolute lifesaver, i'd be lost without it
>>
>>26688517
>>totally too much to deal with.
>No idea where you're getting that from, explain.

I am being completely serious when I say that if you cannot read over your OPs and work thus out for yourself, then you are completely beyond any explanation I can give you.

Literally everything you posted suggests someone who would be an absolute nightmare to deal with.

>>You're full on, overpowering
>Absolutely not. I know that people don't like that so I measure myself accordingly.

This doesn't in any way make you good at measuring yourself. As someone who is failing terribly, it's interesting that you are this arrogant.

>I don't understand the points you are trying to make. Yes it's obsessive, compulsive... whatever... who cares?

If you can't see why this is bad, then what do you want me to say? If you are going to dismiss things that are massive red flags with "who cares" then you aren't worth the effort and I'm not interesting in wasting my time with someone as delusional as you.

>Nobody knows I'm this way. They only see what I decide they get to see. They don't see me researching online for hours. They just see me casually throw a fact into a conversation and they usually are visibly impressed.

They still reject you though. They know. They just don't know the specifics.

>I'm not an autistic moron. I am very emotionally intelligent. I'm good at reading people and I can gauge their reactions accurately.

You are very clearly not good at reading people at all.

>>Trying too hard
>Yeah, well as I said, I've tried not trying as hard and that doesn't work at all.

Just because the opposite of trying too hard is not trying at all doesn't actually mean there are only two options.

I like the way you pointedly ignored answering any of the questions I bothered to ask you. For someone who complains about making the effort for people, you really didn't actually want to be challenged on anything you posted. Says a lot about you, really.
>>
>>26688673
>Literally everything you posted suggests someone who would be an absolute nightmare to deal with.

Again, I don't think you understand how I act in my own time and how I act with other people and the sort of stuff I say to them and the regularity that I do it ARE COMPLETELY UNRELATED.

I'm one of the most laid-back, casual, easy-going people there are. The complete polar opposite of "Overpowering" or "Full-on".

You're a fucking idiot. Stop posting.
>>
>>26688568
I don't want to do this though. I'd rather have something rather than nothing. The problem is everywhere I go people already have groups of friends they've had for 5, 10, 20 years...
>>
>>26688835
i know that feel OP
i think you just need to keep on doing what you're doing and eventually it will come

don't give up!
>>
>>26687995
This.

oG comunt
>>
>>26688790

>>26687460
>>Make a special effort to go out of your way to help them. For example if they say their brother is applying for a job, say that you can send them your interview notes that got you your job. Or if they say they are having trouble moving stuff into their new apartment, say you can drive around and help by taking some things in your car. Or just little things like texting them to offer to get them something from the store on your way to work/class.

>>26687472
>They require A LOT of pressurizing to do stuff with me or go to an event with me. Like I have to text them at the start of the week. Then again mid-week. Then again the night before. And basically I have to make them feel awkward as fuck about backing out of it before they finally cave in and come along with me to whatever it is.

These things alone are highly suggestive of someone who would be absolutely horrendous to deal with.

You're a stupid fucking cunt. The way you act in your own time and the way you act in public are COMPLETELY RELATED YOU INSUFFERABLY ARROGANT LITTLE NO MATES SPAZ.

This is literally your logic:

>I am a fucking loser with no friends
>here are all the weird, stupid, totally inappropriate things I do to make friends and all of them have totally FAILED to make me any friends worth mentioning
>I openly admit that I pester people to hang out with me and have to literally guilt trip them to agree to do so and that nobody ever contacts me, invites me anywhere, or wants anything to do with me if I don't force myself into their lives.

>Someone comes along and points out a few flaws in your gigantic list of pure autism

>You immediately ignore all the things they've said that you don't like because they challenge you, refuse to respond to questions, and start acting as if you're actually awesome and everything you're doing is totally fine.

Go fuck yourself you no mates piece of shit
>>
>>26688790
> They require A LOT of pressurizing to do stuff with me or go to an event with me. Like I have to text them at the start of the week. Then again mid-week. Then again the night before. And basically I have to make them feel awkward as fuck about backing out of it before they finally cave in and come along with me to whatever it is.

>I'm one of the most laid-back, casual, easy-going people there are. The complete polar opposite of "Overpowering" or "Full-on".

>You're a fucking idiot. Stop posting.

Get a load of this dude.
>>
>>26689042

Well, that was far more succinctly put than my epic response to his bullshit.
>>
>>26688991
agreed. No longer feel sorry for OP, what a twat
>>
>>26687460
the problem with this behavior is that it's kind of obsessive. you might not be able to think people can tell you're observing them but its probably obvious.
and creepy
>>
>>26688991
Sorry but tl:dr.
I think that you think you're smarter than me lol.

Just stop posting, seriously. It's embarrassing for you.
>>
>>26689089
No. There's no way they can tell that.
>>
File: glad.jpg (53 KB, 724x291) Image search: [Google]
glad.jpg
53 KB, 724x291
>>26688135
This, but don't be too pushy. Friends are hard, luckily the people I hung out with in highschool are still all good friends. But all the "friends" I've made in college are like the people you are describing, they usually only message me for homework help. But rarely do they bother to ask me to play games with them, or hangout with them or work with them in group projects. It's tough but you just gotta keep at it. That's what I tell myself because as much as I like to pretend I can't stand being fucking lonely.
>>
>>26689042
Think you need to read it again.

There are two options, pursue or don't.

If pursue - get something out of it
If don't - don't get anything out of it

Can't really be clearer than that. The point is that acting in this way tends to work, but only acting in this way tends to work.
>>
>>26688991
this. why even make a thread for advice then since clearly you know what you're doing. (since you're autistic i wanted to let you know i was being sarcastic)
>>
>>26689106

Most of the tl;dr is your posts, you complete idiot.

I am smarter than you. This isn't anything resembling an achievement because you are completely and utterly retarded.

Why are you such a coward that criticism triggers you and you have to resort to begging me to stop posting and upsetting you?
>>
op needs to quit trying so hard.
>>
>>26689140
Thanks breh. The consensus opinion seems to be just persist and keep at it. So I guess I will.

I'm off to bed now.
>>
The reason the US can't defeat ISIS is because all their HUMINT case officers are just like OP.
>>
>>26689132

>none of the completely autistic stuff I do works

>people can tell that there's something fucked about you

>NO THEY CAN"T FUCK YOU STOP POSTING YOU ARE EMBARRASSING!
>>
>>26687460
Disregard all the bullshit people are posting. They may be right to a certain degree, but they are not helping you. Major Normie here (22, gf, own apartment ect). All you need to know is that if you are a fun, relaxed person and comfortable with yourself, it will be naturally attractive and endearing to buddies and potential qt's. Ditch all this studying and research about people and just chill. If you tried to connect with them without doing it in a creepy way, and they were never receptive, then move on. There are a billion other people who you can click with.
>>
>>26688517
>Nobody knows I'm this way.
>They just see me casually throw a fact into a conversation and they usually are visibly impressed.

OP doesn't know shit about "topic A" last week.
This week OP forcibly brings up "topic A" from last week to display his knowledge.
OP thinks no one is the wiser.

Sure OP.... Sure. Except it doesn't work like that. Your normies will gossip amongst themselves and you will not only seem desperate, but fake too. Fake because you go from having zero interest in topic A, to know desperately trying to know about it and bring it up in conversation seeking validation. People catch onto this. You are not outsmarting anyone.
>>
>>26689132
im paranoid and if you came to me liking every single thing that i liked i would suspect something. probably because i've been stalked before and know what it's like, but still.
>>
>>26689211
>The consensus opinion seems to be just persist and keep at it.

No, the consensus opinion is that you are severely socially retarded and need to completely rethink your awful efforts.
>>
>>26689211
Night famalam. Also one last tip, always make sure you are showered and clean when you interact with them. Smelling bad/looking grimy is an easy way to never make friends. Carry breath mints and deodorant all the time if you have to
>>
>>26689211
>the consensus opinion seems to be just persist and keep at it

pretty sure everyones telling you that you're autistic...
oh well, it's pretty obvious you came here just to get validation from robots that the normies are just rejecting you for no reason, how sad.
>>
>Spend weeks/months observing them, learning their routines, their behaviors, what makes them laugh, what upsets them, what they dislike, what they HATE, what they LOVE, their favourite foods, drinks etc. etc.

If you know shit about them that they did not straight up tell you, and you try to bring it up in a conversation, you're gonna come off as a creepy fucking stalker and the word will spread to everyone.
>>
>>26689284
kek, I was about to post something similar, heavily in the spectrum OP is actually making this one of the more entertaining threads this evening.
>>
>>26689262
that's why you be subtle about it and you don't like everything

no OP btw i'm this guy

>>26688587
it's a fine art, but it does work

for example

>look through her facebook wall
>see that in 2009 she put up holiday pictures of her and her family at disney world when she was a child
>i also happened to go to disney world when i was a kid
>see her the next day
>chatting shit about taking time off to go traveling
>"we should go to disney world! man, i remember when i went when I was younger shit was so cash"
>"OMG ME TOO"
>"oh really? no way..."
>>
>>26687460

Normies seek out what they can benefit from a friendship with you. If you're at least good-looking, then you can at least attract more attention and add to the normie's prestige level. If you're rich or funny, you can provide more fun. If you have a lot of female friends, you can provide more mating opportunities, etc.
>>
Making friends is like money.

For the most part, you have to have some to make some.
>>
>>26689340
... why would someone want me to go to disney world with them i think u need to find a better example that's something you do with like people you've known for a really long time.
>>
>>26689106
No, this thread is an embarrassment to you. This is an example of how far off the mark you are. Everything said here can be helpful to you if you allow it to be, quit being so defensive.
>>
>>26689340
I always do this. Knowledge is power. It's especially useful in job interview situations or dealing with supervisors at college when you need a good reference or whatever.

Even knowing what sports team they support can be the difference between being their best friend or some random faggot.
>>
>>26689440

He didn't want help, he didn't want any explanations, he just wanted to post his autism and then throw tantrums at any one who criticised it.

It's like those threads where the autist has written out a horrible, omega confession to his oneitus and starts a thread asking for advice about sending it and then he gets absolutely furious at everyone who tells him not to send it and shame himself.
>>
>>26689398
no, it's not about wanting to go to disney world with them. it's about finding common ground and building rapport and sharing nostalgia with them

>check her facebook
>she likes all sorts of bands and artsists
>she keeps posting music videos of the beatles
>you also like the beatles
>next day bring ipod
>"what are you listening to"
>"oh, just the white album, by the beatles"
>"OH MY GOD I LOVE THE BEATLES!!!! WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE ALBUM?"
etc.
>>
>>26689479
>get BTFO by OP
>spend the next hour samefagging

m8 it's anonymous, you can just go to bed
>>
>>26689668

>get BTFO
>lurk for an hour trying to pretend you didn't get completely humiliated and throw a tantrum when you got utterly rekt beyond belief

Did you really sit up crying for this long and this is the best response you could come up with, no mates?
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 555x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 555x333
>>26687460
There is nothing we can do anon, were robots, there's no chance for us, just give up now and you'll have some closure
>>
>>26689695
>gets called out on samefagging
>tries to turn it around by also claiming samefag

amateur t.b.h
>>
>>26689739
>>tries to turn it around by also claiming samefag

I didn't do anything of the sort. Do you actually know what samefagging is - because you very clearly do not from the nonsense you're posting and trying to accuse me of.

This is like your failure to make friends - you don't actually understand something but you decide you do and then act as if you're right and get furious when everyone is kind enough to tell you you're wrong.
>>
>>26689479
I know somebody like OP where I work which is why I was trying to be helpful and at least say "NO DONT DO THAT"

I am this person
>>26689254
and I have a coworker that has done that shit where they cannot talk about something one day that me and coworker friends are discussing, then days later they come back and are such fans of "topic A" now and want to bring that topic back up and talk about it etc etc.

And then what do I do, I call them fake behind their backs and purposefully don't include them when us coworkers go out for drinks after work.

Never said I was a good person.... but fake people with no interests and only pretend to have interests to be included with the group I do not respect. I would rather them... stand firm on the interests they do have, and maybe even introduce me to them and maybe then they can flip the tables around on me, and I can get into something new that I have not been exposed to before, but damn it I would respect them for it.
>>
>>26689803
>typing this much
wow, seriously go to bed
tomorrow you won't be nearly as butt-ravaged
>>
>>26689806
adding onto this, not only would I respect them for it, but I would then also turn to my coworker friends and be like "Wow hey this new faggot coworker is actually kind of cool and has some cool interests" and then I would allow them into the circle and maybe invite them out after work with everyone else for drinks.

By being fake and mimicking everyone elses interests this would not happen.
By having their own interests and enough personality to stand firm by their interests and introduce others to them, they would perhaps gain inclusion.

Just my 2 cents
>>
>>26689806
You wouldn't respect them? I'm not a normie, but if someone was clearly trying to fake interest in my hobbies, I'd fucking love them forever. Anyone who goes to that much effort for you is worth having around.

Unless of course they're a total asshole.
>>
>>26689806

I actually think in terms of helping the OP you made the best effort. It won't matter though, I mean look at the level of autistic damage control he keep posting in a futile attempt to convince himself he wasn't shamefully rekt.

>>26689835

>a couple of sentences is too much.

Kinda funny and hypocrtical for a friendless, autistic omega male who wrote two paragraph filled posts in his OP.

The only angry one here is you, you sad, no mates little baby. Go on, lash out yet again. Whatever it takes to maintain the denial.
>>
File: IMG_4822.jpg (74 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4822.jpg
74 KB, 640x640
>>26687460
You're trying way too hard and the person can probably tell that it's all rehearsed.

You probably have autism or are a 1/10.
That's the only way it would take this long for this person to not like you.

Either that or they can tell you've been stalking them.
>>
>>26689894
> I actually think in terms of helping the OP you made the best effort. It won't matter though, I mean look at the level of autistic damage control he keep posting in a futile attempt to convince himself he wasn't shamefully rekt.

major kek
>>
>>26689504
yea but unless you only do it like one or two times theres no way im gonna believe that someone likes all the same shit as me, especially since i like and post about weird stuff
>>
>>26689933
well obviously you don't copy their whole life, wew lad let's use some common sense here
>>
>>26689884
not this guy but i agree. people trying to fake interests is based off of insecurities, which is inherently something to work on anyways.
>>
>>26689967
why would the OP research for hours and hours if that wasn't his intent? it takes two seconds just to find a few interests but his obsessive behavior suggests that he takes it way further than that.
>>
>>26689894
>>26689920
>>26689803
>>26689695
>>26689479
>>26689440
>>26689284
>>26689229
>>26689195
>>26688991
>>26688673
>>26688068

be honest with yourself, how many (You)s did you rack up there

i'd say OP (who i am not btw, in case you didn't already know) replied to you 3 times in total, now you tell me who's upset lmao again

pathetic, go to bed and stop wasting everyone's time including your own
>>
>>26689884
No I would not respect them.

I think the best thing you could do is get some hobbies of your own that are fun or interesting and have something new in your repertoire that you can introduce others to, that way it comes off genuine and new, opposed to fake like you are just mimicking them and their interests.

Try to do outdoors stuff? Mountain biking... Fishing, hiking or camping... this stuff can be really relaxing and if you have hikes to really cool trails or mountain summits that you can talk about that sound fun, people will be interested in that if that is new to them, rather than you regurgitating facts about stuff they already know about.

See where I am going here? Try a different spin, get your own DIFFERENT hobbies that make you not seem like a boring fuck. Maybe these people you are trying to win over will appreciate something new in their life and that you can be the person to introduce them to it.
>>
>>26690014
i don't know, we weren't talking about OP specifically, but maybe it takes a few hours to find a good piece of info. or it might be good to have enough ammo at hand so that you can use the right on depending on the situation because you can't always predict how a conversation is going to go
>>
>>26687460
Dude, you're trying too hard. First of all, don't worry about a girlfriend, you should work on friends first. Guys are generally pretty easy, find something you guys share in common, nerd shit is great for this, even more normie centric guys love videogames, and a lot of dudes are down for board games or whatever the fuck. Honestly just find some dude you share interests with, start talking, have some brews shoot the shit, just don't be an asshole and you should be cool.
good luck finding a gf
>>
>>26687460
Hey OP,

>>26689915
This guy is right.

>Spend further weeks/months making a big effort to appeal to them.

This is where you fail, you should just do what you feel ok, or find a common ground. If no ground is common, try to make a new one (ask for your local cultural plans, museums, dancing, mapping, idk)
>>
>>26690053
What if your hobbies are shitposting, anime and memes?
>>
I can already tell you'd be shit at it
just don't think about anything. don't TRY to be someone's friend. just be their friend.
>>
File: 1443724172906.jpg (13 KB, 123x140) Image search: [Google]
1443724172906.jpg
13 KB, 123x140
I am not going to read every reply so idk if this has been said but you're trying too hard. When I meet people like this I avoid them because they aren't being human/normal. That shit is annoying when they try to do everything you like, I like friends who do their own shit and I can learn from. Get your own hobbies and make friends with normies through them. Just be human and not their slave. Same with women, they don't want someone on their clit 24/7 they want chad thundercock who does his own shit like go to the gym and parties.
>>
ok, now I get it. You get friends by not trying and not thinking about it.

thanks normies
>>
>>26690081
Those are my hobbies too. But I also really like to get outside and find national parks in my area where I can find some 10+ mile trails and go hike for the day, make lunch or dinner outdoors over an open fire and camp overnight. It's incredibly relaxing and then I have normie stuff to talk about that might interest someone.

Most women love getting outdoors too, source: not a khv

I 4chan everyday and everynight but I force, keyword, force, myself to have some other hobbies to where I can talk about some stuff to both coworkers and stuff that is not completely repulsive to women.

Find some hobbies of your own that you can tolerate doing that are your "own" hobbies and not that of the people you are trying to win over.
>>
>>26690197
>force
So you tr yhard just like OP? Basically.
>>
you sound boring OP, sorry to be the one to lay it down like that.

how do i know? because i was the same. i found that i had to put in all the effort and if i didnt engage first then nothing would happen. people just didnt like being around me because 1. i wasnt really confident in myself and 2. i just wasnt an interesting person

so i spent time alone learning who i was, trying new things, acquiring hobbies, learning to be disciplined etc. it took a long time, but now im confident in who i am and naturally attract people.

you shouldnt be trying to "get friends". you should be trying to be the best version of yourself, then friends naturally come.
>>
>>26690250
>you shouldnt be trying to "get friends". you should be trying to be the best version of yourself

With respect, how do you know he's not already done that?
>>
>>26690325
because sitting at home for hours thinking about the funniest lines to say and researching other peoples hobbies instead of your own suggest he hasnt.

and its as simple as my previous post. if you do interesting things in your life, people will perceive you as interesting and will want to be around you.

and lastly, being the best version of yourself is a life long journey, so technically no one will ever achieve it. but the whole point of life is continual development and consistency,
>>
>>26690233
force at first. "Force" while you are still learning and trying new things to find what you enjoy. Nowadays I have tons of hobbies that I love to do and genuinely enjoy, I have enough repertoire that someone can ask me "What do you do in your spare time?" and i don't spaghetti, I would actually have cool hobbies and shit to talk about.

Travel is a good one too, women love men who have seen the world. Unfortunately that one is expensive.
>>
>>26690026

What's your point here? You've quoted some posts I made and some I didn't. Is this meant to mean something?

>OP (who i am not btw, in case you didn't already know)

Do you actually think this works?

I'm responding to posts, you're desperately trying to get me to stop posting and humiliating you (oh, no, sorry, you're not even the OP so why exactly do you care anyway?) and think that calling me mad is going to actually achieve anything.

I know you won't actually respond to any of these questions with anything but further examples of your complete and utter butthurt, so try not to bother if you're just going to post the same mediocre attempts to offend me.
>>
>>26690460
That doesn't mean he isn't the best version of himself or that he doesn't have loads of interesting hobbies.
>>
>>26690026

Oh, and by the way, just a tip for next time - you have a particularly autistic writing style and repeat the same thing a lot, so you might want to think about that the next time you switch devices and try to pretend you're not OP and not getting BTFO beyond the realms of time and space.
>>
>>26690538
>some I didn't
MY SIDES!!
>>
>>26690621

>I'M CONTINUING TO REFUSE TO ACTUALLY ADDRESS ANYTHING AS I STRUGGLE TO MAINTAIN THE LEVELS OF DAMAGE CONTROL

I thought you were going to bed like two hours ago. It's awkward to come back and refresh this thread and see you're this infuriated.
>>
>>26690538
If you actually did make all those posts then you really do need to spend some time away from your computer.
>>
>>26690662
i'm not the OP bro, i'm just laughing at you getting BTFO and the resulting damage control

please show me your (You)s, screenshot it, i dare you
>>
>>26690666
m8 he clearly is responsible for all of them

inb4 he accuses you of being OP too
>>
>>26690570
you're right, in his mind he could be the best version of himself and he may have hobbies.

lets look at what i consider to be a hobby:

- gaming (not a hobby)
- anime (not a hobby)
- fitness (hobby)
- playing an instrument (hobby)
- cooking and interest in nutrition (hobby)

the difference between the things i consider hobbies and the things that are not, is that one hobby is constructive and can help other areas of your life where the other is pure self indulgence.
>>
>>26690708
I think you're confusing hobbies and skills. Hobbies don't have to be constructive and usually they aren't.
>>
>>26690686
It's pretty clear.

I am the dude who from the beginning of the thread was talking about OP reminding me of someone I worked with and that you need to seek out some outdoor hobbies of your own so you have a new repertoire of interests to discuss with other people and that they might appreciate that. Been trying to help.

The dude you are arguing with grew tired of your defensiveness and you two are bickering now.

Why the fuck are you so vested in this thread if you are not OP you are asking for Yous? That butthurt?
>>
>>26690666

>like 8 posts is so many guiz!

>>26690686

You know you're not actually BTFO anyone when you just make a post that quotes some posts they made and some other peoples posts, right? Like, the idea is you actually say something that upsets or humiliates the person.

>>26690686

Did you really just make three posts in a row? Seriously, how desperate are you?

You could actually address my posts but instead you keep doing this...whatever this is...this shameful display of refusing to accept you're a loser.
>>
>>26690764
>The dude you are arguing with grew tired of your defensiveness and you two are bickering now.
>Why the fuck are you so vested in this thread if you are not OP you are asking for Yous? That butthurt?

He will never answer this question, but he will make a bunch of posts in a row agreeing with himself. That's the level of intellectual mastermind we're dealing with here.
>>
>>26690764
i wasn't even in this thread at the start nor do i have any inclination to read it, i just saw one guy getting super mad at the OP for no obvious reason and thought it'd be funny to open up the wound

i was right, my sides are in orbit
>>
>>26690775
you are mad as fuck, calm down breh it's just the internet, i can't really hurt you
>>
>>26690807
If you weren't in the thread from the start, nor read any of it. How do you know what OP is talking about and who is mad at whom?

Explain
>>
>>26690807

>I just so happened to be here and I just so happened to see the OP getting humiliated beyond comprehension and so I just so happened to start posting exactly the same things OP did when he threw a tantrum and literally told us he was going to bed.

Oh, well, of course... how could we have got it so wrong?
>>
>>26690026
please show us your (You)s it'll make my night

i've not seen anyone get quite this buttblasted in a long time
>>
>>26690823

>gets BTFO
>actually thinks the le u r le mad defence is going to work.

How upset did it make you when your OP posts got torn apart?
>>
>>26690844
legit kek'd
>>
>>26690839
i read literally one post and the guy was throwing insults around, i clicked on the post he was replying to (guessing it was OP) and there was nothing offensive in it

it's not rocket science you fucking mong, anyway, fuck off this is my thread now for my amusement

this guy isn't going to stop replying anytime soon and i intend to enjoy it
>>
>>26690759
no im not confusing them. its my own opinion. someone may consider gaming a hobby but i dont. the point of this conversation is to help OP understand why he cant attract people or hold friendships. if you have hobbies that other people either cant relate to or dont really help you progress as a person then you have to step back and review what you're actually doing in your spare time. i agree that everyone needs time to relax and wind down, but remember the clock is constantly ticking, time spent doing nothing is completely wasted.

my motto is dont waste time with people who are not afraid of wasting their own time. essentially this means i dont hang out with people who have 1 way interests (gaming, anime [desu none of my friends have ever been into this], drugs). does this mean im not friends with anyone who plays pc? no, it means im not friends with anyone who considers gaming as one of their main interests.
>>
>>26690884

You have to admit it's a winning strategy.

>get rekt
>fuck you im going to bed
>mysterious defender of OP appears
>everyone is le mad!
>>
>>26690888

Which post did you read?
>>
>>26690895
Except words have literal definitions and they aren't based on opinions. Video games are quite obviously a hobby. Some would argue they provide certain useful skills.

Also, video games are something a huge chunk of the population can relate to.
>>
>>26690906
I know, this is pretty amusing, one of the funnier threads on 4chan tonight. Much thanks to you wrecking this poor autist who can't accept help.

>be me
> satisfying work life
> satisfying home life
> hobbies that i enjoy
> hot gf
> come across this thread, feel bad for OP because like I said he reminds me of a coworker
> OP rages as several people try to help
> butthurt OP actually turned this into a pretty entertaining thread
>>
This whole thread is fucking retarded.

>OP
Retarded.

>This guy and his damage limitation
>>26688068
>>26688673
Retarded

>This shit-tier troll who is somehow still getting replies (from retards)
>>26690888
Retarded.

If I were a mod, I'd close it and ban all involved. Idiots. Idiots everywhere. /r9k/ used to mean something...
>>
>>26690990
stuff that never happened: the post
>>
>>26691002
>This shit-tier troll who is somehow still getting replies (from retards)

yeah but the difference is i'm just pretending to be retarded
>>
>>26691016

>denial and damage control - the post.

This is exactly what happened and you know it.
>>
>>26687460

They can tell you're trying to hard dude. A true friendship doesn't require that much effort. It's a cluck, they get you and you get them.one of those things like once you experience it you know it.
I was in the same boat, but once you realize it's there you just keep chillin.
>>
>>26691045
except i'm the one that pointed out YOUR damage control

you're literally just copying my posts now, at least be original in your delusion
>>
>>26691045
Can you post pics?
Damn this is the first time I've done something orginal
>>
>>26691066

Except you didn't. You haven't actually posted anything at all of the sort.

If your next post isn't you clearly showing you have done what you are claiming, you are admitting you are a liar and making a pathetic attempt to minimise how BTFO you are.
>>
>>26691016
you made me lol.

All of this happened though.
>>
>>26691184
right here
>>26690686

but you already knew that because you just copied what i said nearly word for word

pretty pathetic t.b.h you've now been responding for nearly 3 hours, is that what people usually do when they have a full-time job, a variety of interesting hobbies and a girlfriend?

oh wait, that's just bullshit used to aid your damage control

KEK
>>
File: hike.jpg (167 KB, 432x768) Image search: [Google]
hike.jpg
167 KB, 432x768
>>26691495
you replied to the wrong dude.

But just to make you depressed, here is a pic of my qt gf from hiking this past weekend. (I am the one that said those things about good job, suggested outdoor hobbies, and having a hot gf).

I win.

Please continue to rage on, I am reading my ebook and have this thread on auto-update being amused at the stupidity.
>>
>>26691661
>here's a random image I plucked from the web
>I win

just face facts, you got figuratively slapped around in an online exchange and your inferiority complex won't allow you to stop

you're about a quarter as smart as i am and no amount of lying is going to change that

you are not reading an ebook, you are sitting there frantically refreshing the thread, your face is red and your hands are shaking. you're pathetic.
>>
>>26691661
>being amused at the stupidity.
You are as stupid as he is if not more so because you are the one who is genuinely getting mad.
>>
>>26692117
lol.
projecting much?
google image searched my picture and couldn't find anything and it caused you to rage more huh?

I literally lol at all of your responses, and how much you are projecting your own pathetic behavior, especially how you probably tried to reverse image search my pic and failed because it is OC and you realize I am telling the truth.

Want another angle of my qt blonde gf?

I will always win, because I have never lied once in this thread. I have a nice life, and a hot gf.
rage on robutt.

Jelly?
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.