[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you stopped listening exclusively to Metal and stopped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13
File: metalhead.jpg (56 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
metalhead.jpg
56 KB, 720x540
>tfw you stopped listening exclusively to Metal and stopped being a metalhead, and suddenly your social & emotional life started to improve across the board

If you're older than like 20 (which most of you probably aren't) and you still consider yourself a metalhead or even listen to metal as a major part of your music taste, what the fuck are you doing.
>>
File: 1454705560946.jpg (46 KB, 324x322) Image search: [Google]
1454705560946.jpg
46 KB, 324x322
>>26684661
Ive gone of metal in recent year but my life is still complete shit.
>>
>>26684661
moved to trance/dubstep, life is exactly the same
>>
I don't understand metal desu
It's one of few genres I was never able to accept
It's not because it's edgy, I don't mind edgy things. I just don't get it.
>>
File: varg.jpg (72 KB, 500x568) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
72 KB, 500x568
>>26684698
for sure it's not a magical instant cure to a shitty life, but the first step to improvement is to not be a suicidal nihilistic meme-lord and metal does nothing but reinforce that perception of the world
>>
>>26684752
>dubstep
there's your problem
>>
>>26684661

>thinking music effects anyone's lifestyle/behavior/career choices aside from teens

cringe as fuck.
>>
I like metal but it isn't all I listen to. It's a good balance
>>
>>26684796
With sounds like this, no problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8-Cbj2toq0
>>
File: cradle of filth.jpg (45 KB, 558x708) Image search: [Google]
cradle of filth.jpg
45 KB, 558x708
>>26684774
There's not much to get, it's just a teenage rebellion soundtrack. Same with punk rock.

Some guys try to over-compensate their own flaws with it by how BRUTAL their metal music, or how GRIMDARK it is.
>>
If you even still give half a flying fuck about any sort of music past the age of 21 at the latest I can't relate to you in the slightest.
>>
File: image.jpg (323 KB, 1147x773) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323 KB, 1147x773
who /normie music/ here
>>
File: reddit-alien.png (50 KB, 736x1024) Image search: [Google]
reddit-alien.png
50 KB, 736x1024
>>26684810
>cringe

pic related, where you belong.

and yeah it actually does, there's loads of studies, also note the fact that we who post here are either still teens or still menchildren.
>>
>>26684661
Oddly enough I never listened to metal when I was younger. I listened to ICP... I was a juggalo but eventually I grew out of that by the time I was 20.

Now I listen to metal pretty frequently but wouldn't call myself a metal head or anything.

Really what it always seems like is that whatever you listened to in high school--eventually you drop that shit and by the time you hit your mid 20s you listen to completely different genres of music.
>>
File: pepetbull2.png (173 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
pepetbull2.png
173 KB, 600x338
>>26684975
I was into Pitbull aka Mr Worldwide aka Mr. 305 just before he got really famous and was featured on every other top 40 pop song, back when he was actually still a a rapper more or less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st4Iu4maqJA
>>
>>26685005
>I listened to ICP... I was a juggalo but eventually I grew out of that by the time I was 20.

man am I glad that I dodged that bullet. They were at their peak popularity when I was a young teen in the late 90s and they were feuding with Eminem and they were like the edgiest but also funniest thing I ever heard. I was only able to buy one CD of theirs from our shit music store. Not even their best one either.
>>
>>26685113
yeah but if you liked ICP at their peak it wasn't so bad. It got me through some tough times in high school.

I was horrendously dorky and had zero friends. Juggalos are so cool and accepting, I could hang with them and they'd just accept me and all my weirdness. This was back in 2000/2001.
>>
>>26684977

>le reddit false flag
>loads of studies
>doesn't post one
>thinks listening to classical music will make him a genius that dresses in classic victorian clothes

LOADS OF STUDIO L O L

another embarrassing as fuck post from you, faggot.
>>
File: metalhead (2).jpg (44 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
metalhead (2).jpg
44 KB, 400x600
>>26685188
typical metalhead response, you forgot to call me a pussy and a poser as well.

https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?q=music+influence+on+behavior&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjF25Xm6IzLAhVKl4MKHTObBzEQgQMIGjAA
>>
I think I'm the normiest here.
http://youtu.be/9f-GeSUNpW4
>>
>>26685301

Are you capable of following a logical train of thought? Listening to classical music isn't going to turn you into some mozart looking faggot, and in the same way, listening to shitty metal isn't going to turn you into an emo faggot like in the picture you posted. Teens, (like yourself) are attributing your hijacked terrible style and lack of identity to what the people who make the music look/seem like.

You = retarded faggot that believes you dress and act like an ugly faggot because you listened to metal, when in reality, you were ugly and had terrible style in the first place, so you were drawn to others that a seemed like you (metalfags)
>>
What a silly thread. Metal is a vast genre with numerous unique sounds and feels. I don't even understand what you're trying to argue
>>
I'm almost 35 and I still love metal, but growing up expanded my taste into various sub-genres of electronic music, I also enjoy country, instrumentals and occasionally rap not shit tier nigger rap Music is an amazing and incredible way to understand yourself. Staying a metal elitist, you'll never grow as a human being whatsoever and you'll only ever understand one spectrum of the human consciousness. But who cares what I say, I'm just a sad lonely faggot on a board full of teenagers and mentally unstable people.
>>
>>26684810

100% agreed.

The OP is trying to over-compensate by attempting for project his insecurities and failings onto others.

Well adjusted people can listen to anything they like at any age.
>>
>>26685430
>ctrl+f faggot
>results found: you mad and acting like a stereotypical angry metalhead
>>
>>26685573

>lose the argument so wholly that you pretend you were on his side the whole time

what the fuck am I reading, is this real?
>>
>>26685476
>Metal is a vast genre with numerous unique sounds and feels

Not really no, it's fairly self-restricted.

There isn't a single genuine happy metal song, it's always hiding behind some sort of meme gimmick like it's piratecore or beercore or something like that. it's also not something that you can dance to, dancing is one of the oldest and most natural forms of human expression.
>>
>>26684774
It's about technical proficiency above all else, hence things like extended guitar or drum solos and 9 minute songs being common.
>>
>>26685608
>lose the argument

I was called a retarded faggot and the totally-not-angry guy repeated his opinion about music.

Not exactly a loss.
>>
>>26685634
Die for Metal. It's a great, "genuinely happy" song. Took about 5 seconds to think about.
>>
>>26684661
Sorry senpai when they start making EDM about cool shit like wizards and eldritch abominations lmk.
>>
>>26685634
What the fuck are you talking about. You haven't explored the genre at all if you think there aren't happy songs, and think all genres end in -core. Also is hardcore dancing/moshing/headbanging no longer considered dance?
>>
>>26684795

I want to fuck Rika-chan
>>
>>26685760
>Hardcore dancing
Dude, I love Metal and Hardcore, but dancing it ain't.
>>
>>26685790
>shaking your ass is dancing
>shaking your head is not
>moving your body like x is dancing
>moving your body like y is not

Ok
>>
>>26685847
Dancing requires rhythm, hardcore dancing does not. Therefore, it's not dancing.
>>
>>26685924

moshpits react to the music, this is literally the core of what dancing is.

Look at this utter fucking faggot trying to act like he gets to decide what is and isn't dancing.

Admit you're wrong.
>>
>>26685924
Oh, I see you're very stupid anon. No point conversing with you.
>>
File: 1449720082036.gif (860 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
1449720082036.gif
860 KB, 600x313
>>26684661
Did the same thing OP and really broaden my music taste (became a hobby for me). Now I'm way more autistic with music then I ever was and come off a pretentious fuck. Thanks /mu/
>>
>>26685430
>no lyrics in majority of classical music
>not modern
>no direct culture associated with it

not a good example m8
>>
>>26684661
coincidentally i lost interest in metal and my whole metal obsession in general around about the same time i lost all my friends. none of them were into metal
>>
who /black metal/ here?
post some songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgQRRI9goFg
>>
>>26685973
>people running around and shoving each other is dancing

well..... even if we do stretch the definition that thin, look at it.
>>
>>26687163
only acoustic black metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp6TSg4_1qo
>>
File: Kvlt-chan.png (164 KB, 500x546) Image search: [Google]
Kvlt-chan.png
164 KB, 500x546
>>26687163
>Emperor
Great taste desu

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPyOhP1GTRQ
>>
>>26687164
That's not a mosh pit, that's called "hardcore dancing" and is only really seen at vans warped tour and shitty metalcore and hardcore venues.
>>
>>26687226
that's the only thing that can be remotely close to compared to actual dancing. There are specific moves. They're all angry and gay as shit, but they're still dance moves. Kind of.

A mosh pit is just people shoving each other and sometimes running around
>>
I moved into metal in early 20s. More into good instrumentals, older kinds, or more folk/melodic type metal though.

I was never that opposed to it as a kid. Still, turned off by shitty screaming or the terribleness of specific genres (eg. numetal and the like).
>>
I am 30 and never listened to metal ever. It sounds like shit.
>>
ever since listening to death grips my life has improved 10 fold
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 500x496
ITT: some semi-normies listening to normie metal
hmu when listen to something actually isloatating and stop complaining that you can find friends because of something besides your self inflicted anxiety and social retardation.
youtube.com/watch?v=DFyU6NFrfFM
>>
>>26687164
God damn I want to throw a fucking nade into there.

Fucking cringe faggots deserve to die.
>>
>>26684661
I've been listening to metal longer than you've been alive and have fucked plenty of chicks. You're just a piece of shit.
>>
File: one of the boys.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
one of the boys.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
>>26688341
>and have fucked plenty of chicks

so have I, metalhead chicks are the worst. Smelly, full of issues, usually cutters, fat, "one of the guys" pic related.

goth or just plain old normie chicks is best
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.