[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>neet of five years >been this way ever since high school
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: pepe72.jpg (72 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
pepe72.jpg
72 KB, 550x535
>neet of five years
>been this way ever since high school ended
>spend days playing vidya and putting in online job applications
>parents getting sick of my lack of progress in life
>tell me to either join the military, start going to community college, or get a job
>my mental illness issues disqualify me from military service
>job applications haven't gone anywhere
>local community college is right down the street though
>could enroll for the summer semester
>scared of having a panic attack in the classroom
>scared of being around other people (agoraphobe)
>afraid parents might kick me out if I flunk out

What should I do here? Have any of you been to community college? Can I get by without being noticed or talking to anyone? I'm planning on taking a few classes online but some aren't offered online.
>>
>>26627690
Nigger you have to power through that shit you can't just fold cuz you might get an anxiety attack or you are scared of social interaction. Just do it
>>
>>26627780
I might just have to do this. I'll just take an excessive dose of my klonopin beforehand and hope it keeps my anxiety under control.
>>
>>26627690
Dude, relax. Community college is typically filled with weirdos without ambition. Heck, some of them will be more afraid of you than you are of them. Nobody will try to be buddy-buddy with you. You'll be fine. Just focus on going to class and studying. I went to CC for two years and believe me, it does not have a high school atmosphere.
>>
>>26627690
>>my mental illness
which is?
>inb4 aniexty depression or any other meme tier shit
>>
>>26628664
Agreed. I've been to both CC and a huge state college and Community College students are all super antisocial and all the professors are super laid back.
>>
You could pretend to go to community college, but just go the the CC computer lab and browse 4chan and play vidja there.
>>
File: pepe18.jpg (30 KB, 472x461) Image search: [Google]
pepe18.jpg
30 KB, 472x461
>>26628981
Schizophrenia, severe generalized anxiety disorder, major depression, and bipolar II. If you think all of those are memes, then I don't know what to tell you.

>>26628664
>>26629120
This makes me feel a bit better about my situation, thanks. As long as people aren't being loud and getting in my face about things I can probably function okay.
>>
>>26629911
>Schizophrenia
only real one, how many are not self diagnosed
>>
>>26629942
All of them professionally diagnosed, I'm on five different meds right now.
>>
File: s040560047.jpg (309 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
s040560047.jpg
309 KB, 1800x1200
>>26627690
haven't done anything for 8 months since i graduated from high school, I'm thinking of going into the army. you should do the same OP
>>
>>26629983
I talked to a recruiter but they don't accept people with a history of mental illness. I can't function without my meds, but just for a second I regretted getting help. The military probably would've been good for someone like me.
>>
>>26629979
unlucky anon, I started on olanzapine recently good luck
>>
File: luger2.gif (895 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
luger2.gif
895 KB, 500x281
>>26630036
what kind of mental illness do you have? anyways i was thinking of doing the bare minimum of service (4 years) and then leave with the experience to become a cop. comfy tier job imo
>>
>>26630055
Thanks, I'm on Olanzapine as well, it helps a little. Good luck to you too.
>>
>>26627690
Be thankful your parents are giving you a shot and will still support you through school.

Heres what I suggest you do:

1.) Tell your parents that you want to go to school.
2.) Also tell them that you have a lot of anxiety being around other people and need their help to find some professional help from a doctor.
3.) Talk to doctor and hopefully get put on some sort of meds to even your anxiety and lack of focus out.
4.) Kick ass at school
5.) Transfer out
6.) Go to big boy uni
7.) ????
8.) Profit.
>>
Im in the same shoes buddy
you have to clear your medical record and dont use drugs to get in military.
I suggest you go to the community college, classes are small and there arent any bullies like highschool
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.