[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hobo/bum/hitchhiker/trainhopper/hippie/oogle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 20
If you dont have much going on in your life, why dont you become a hobo?

>buy backpack, camping/survival stuff with your savings
>leave everything behind
>hitchhike wherever you want to go
>catch fish for food and ask bakeries for leftovers at the end of the day
>fill up free water at a mcdonalds
>sleep in your tent innawoods

Whats stopping you from living a carefree life? The only thing you need to worry about is staying alive. No more stress, just you and the road.

Im currently gathering survival knowlodge, books, some quality clothes, knife, tent, sleeping bag, pan etc etc that will last a long time. I will be gone before the end of 2016. I want to be completely prepared and knowledgable before i leave. I will also start practicing during the summer.
First i will live on the streets by busking for money, then gradually move more towards the woods, only coming to society once a week, once a month, once every couple of months, and then the endgoal is complete self sufficiency.
>>
Be careful out there anon
>>
Entertainment, what else?

Also, going full hobo is even worse than wageslaving because you're worrying 24/7 about staying alive and getting basic things that we take for granted in society. Literally no free time to play video games/read/listen to music/watch movies/whatever your passive hobby is (and you don't have access to these things in the first place).
>>
File: 1384136870115.jpg (575 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1384136870115.jpg
575 KB, 2448x3264
>McDonald's will be fine with me bumming water
>>
did this for about 6 months, saw dude at rainbow gathering get dragged down the mountain whilst lasso'd by two cops in old west looking cop outfits on horseback. heard about that traveler getting partially eaten by a police dog while the cops watched. idk if i would do it again, but i don't regret my decision, it allowed me to see how society functions at the ground level.
>>
>>26626464
Thats the beauty of it. I dont want to be part of this materialistic world anymore. And i ultimately want to be independant. You cant be independant in this society. Literally everyone depends on each other because thats what makes it a society.
>>
I think the main issue is medical coverage. You could really be fucked if you get seriously ill in the woods.

What would be the plan for that case?

Also, are you investigating growing any investment income like dividends or anything? Even fifty bucks a month would really help.
>>
also there are totally people already living in the woods so watch your stuff and research where you stay
>>
>>26626508
Water from the bathroom sink you goof.
Doesnt even have to be a mcdonalds, literally any public place with a bathroom.
>>
>>26626508

That's fucked up. No wonder everyone is moving to automated kiosks and delivery systems and eating in the parking lot instead of car. I mean it's one thing if he were black but that's a normal person.
>>
>>26626679
some places don't use potable water for the bathroom sinks fyi
>>
I want to get one of those tiny houses you can get and put it innawoods and survive out of that.
>>
>>26626287

>no access to medical care
>constantly exposed to contaminated food and water
>any injuries you sustain will likely get infected

And what if you have some form of chronic illness to begin with? What if you have hypothyroidism or some other condition that requires daily medication?
>>
>>26626629
then why ye on here still?
should not ye be taking ye on advice?
>>
>>26626708
Dropped my pic...
>>
>>26626632
Yea thats scary. But tons of off gridders live for decades without ever getting seriously ill. People get sick in this society because so many people live near each other. In the woods you got to worry about spiderbites or snakebites instead.

I also believe that if i get seriously ill and i die, thats what nature wants. Its natural selection, some animals will die prematurely.
Yes i realize i sound like a massive hippie.
>>
>>26626708
You'll still need some sort of regular income. That's what these things always boil down to in the end. Figure that out, and you're golden.
>>
>>26626783
Youre supposed to die if you have a chronical condition. It will make a healthy population.
>>
>>26626812
Read my OP. Im still preparing myself in terms of knowledge and basic necessities.
>>
>>26626823
This is NOT the answer that I was hoping you would give.
>>
>>26626846
Not if you have a constant supply of food and water.

Maybe like once a month to replace broken equipment.
Youd be suprised how much money a day of panhandling makes.
>>
>>26626875

That's not how genetics work, Anon. Some traits are more latent than others. You for instance might be perfectly healthy, but you could nonetheless carry genes that cause your children or grandchildren to become chronically ill. If they die, it's not going to change the fact that you're still carrying and distributing this gene, or that your surviving / unaffected offspring will also pass it on to others. Not all traits can be weeded out by natural selection. Look at pattern baldness, for instance.

So if that should be the case, then I guess you should murder your offspring and promptly commit suicide to remove yourself from the gene pool?
>>
>>26626959
So, then panhandling is your regular source of income. That's fine, I just don't want people to delude themselves that you can "live off the land with zero money".

There's a guy on youtube that discusses off grid living in detail. Here's one of his videos, it's really good:

https://youtu.be/lXu45MHrnTk
>>
>>26626939
I mean i can get a first aid kid and follow first aid courses, maybe i can learn more about plant medicine.

But if i get anything too advanced or chronic, i believe nature wants me to die and i accept that. Thats just how nature works.
>>
What if you were to plant and grow your own crops , keep chickens as a source of meat/eggs. Only visit where you were going to live for say, a year. Get it more self sufficient and then move in? Buy up lots of medical supplies and basic staples like rice and grains. But you'd have to work hard for a year too, to afford all that and a little extra for if you got into trouble.
>>
>>26626287
Hi,
former homeless person reporting in.
This is a bad idea.
>catch fish for food
>ask people for food
When you first become homeless you think things will be a great adventure that you'll somehow make the best of, but it fucking sucks.
Sleeping on the ground every night ruins your spine. So then you're hauling all of your shit around with your fucked up ground sleeping back, it's absolutely awful and sucks the enjoyment out of any place that you may be.
Friends that you make will not be your friends. Leaving everything behind will not change the fact that you're not charismatic and they will steal your shit.
You cannot just leave your tent or set up in one spot and expect to come back and have it still be there later.
You can, however, expect that you will be awoken regularly to police flashlights and promptly loaded into a one-way cab to another city. This is how the homeless problem is solved by our justice system, just constantly moving out as many as possible to other cities despite this not being a permanent solution.
Not to mention that most city-scapes are now set up to be anti-homeless, with spikes and bench dividers.
Please don't glamorize something like this. It's truly backbreaking and shitty and you will cry almost daily.
>>
>>26627141
I definitely believe all of this. The best way is probably to own some land of your own, set up a small cabin, have some investment income, and do some regular work to supplement things.
>>
>>26627033
I dont want a 'regular income'.
Im saying that if some of my equipment breaks, i will have to panhandle or busk for money to replace the broken equipment.

But other than that you can definitely live off the land. If you found a creek that is full of fish, thats basically all you need right there. Thats protein and fat. Then you can collect berries and other plants on the side and youre set.
>>
>>26626287

I've lived as a hobo for a few months, this livestyle isn't good for anyone, depending on what kind of hobo you are.

>Beggar
Go to the center of the city, sleep there, bag for money. Easy cash.
>Camp hobo
Comfy tent under a bridge
>Forest hobo
What OP said
>Homeless center frequent
Literally depending on others
>Group hobo
Setting up camps with other hobos, pretty comfy.

I was a group/forest hobo, with the right tool and brain and some luck you can get around well.
However, being a hitchhiker is different than being a hobo. The biggest difference between being a hobo and being a hitchhiker is that hobos stay at the same places mostly while hitchhikers spread around exploring.

Being a hitchhiker is ok, hobo is pretty bad.
>>
>>26627215
there's so much fucking pollution, and it costs money to be almost everywhere now that you can't expect to just find fish you can eat when you have to stay on the move to avoid law enforcement (which is the biggest threat to homeless/traveler people)
>>
>>26627268
why don't all hobos hitchhike if it's so much better?
>>
>>26627202
Exactly. A better route would be to buy a small cabin, or if you have the know-how you could buy a plot of land in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and build your own cabin.
There's also lots of youtube videos about "tiny homes", which are incredible and perfect for this sort of idea. Just research them.
I literally cannot describe how terrifying it is to be homeless. You don't feel free or adventurous, it's like you're carrying around this huge ball-and-chain and the police are constantly inside of your fucking sphincter trying to fuck with you as much as humanly possible.
Not to mention that normies will take photos of you without asking if you're bumming around any city ever. "Street photographers" and "Journalists" with DSLR cameras. They then will proceed to walk away and if you confront them they will call the police and you come off as the psycho homeless person, promptly you will be arrested.
>>
>>26627141
>sleeping on the ground ruins your spine
No, it takes a while to get used to sleeping on the ground every night. The reason it fucked your back up is because youve been sitting behind a computer for years prior to that.

>friends
I dont have friends right now and i dont want friends. I think its stupid to rely on friends when youre homeless. Your only friend is your dog if you have one.

>cant leave tent, awoken by police
You can if youre living remote enough instead of sleeping in the city park.
>>
>>26627309

Not everyone is fit for so much traveling, I tried for like 2 weeks to take hitchhikes around the country and you won't understand how weird it feels until you try.
>>
>>26627268
I thought hobo meant a traveller that work wherever he can
>>
>>26627307
The point is to avoid society. If youre hidden well enough nobody will bother you. You gotta learn how to find the right location for a couple of days.

And in europe they dont bother you at all.
>>
>>26627410
Lmao don't tell me what it does or doesn't do.
You can't go from sleeping on a mattress your entire life to sleeping on the fucking ground.
If you don't have friends while you're homeless you're going to have an even rougher time. You're a fucking moron.
The only way I got by was by having a group of other kids who were in the same shitty boat as I was and helping each other out. Pooling our resources and having fun.
There's absolutely no other forms of fun or entertainment if you're friend-less while homeless.
>Having a dog while homeless
Absolute trash, how dare you. The only exception to this rule is if the dog was already a street dog, and there aren't too many of those that are human-friendly.
You can't be homeless and live in a remote area, especially when you have no fucking survival skills.
You're not Bear Grylls, you will die. You need to stay relatively close to civilization to have access to everything you will need.
By all means, please go forth and venture into the fucking wilderness. I look forward to finding your withered body pictured in the unidentifiable remains category of your countries missing persons page, you ass hat.
>>
>>26627479

Hobos travel but not for long distances like hitchhikers.
>>
>>26627547
You sound like a pussy
>wehhh muh back! Muh mattress!
Ive been in the army sleeping on the ground for weeks and my back was the last thing i thought about. And i was carrying 50kg backpacks excluding the rain that drenched it all adding a couple more kgs.
>>
>>26627547
What I don't get is why someone would even WANT to live in the rough like that. For a few thou, you can get set up pretty ok with no-one to bother you. Check this out, again from Lamar, where you can trick out a shed from Home Depot into something reasonable

https://youtu.be/9npdnI7dKCg

It could be really nice
>>
>>26626287
anon dont do it being homeless is very shitty trust me
i think youd be better off biking around and sleeping in sleeping bags
if you need money you can even bring your laptop and code for money
theres a name for it and a lot of people do it and have blogs and shit
>>
>>26627704
>Hur dur I'm so tuff
That's great and all, but you're doing that while having balanced meals and military training.
You have medical treatment and backpacks that are meant to evenly distribute the weight on your back. You've surpassed a certain level of physical fitness, where as homeless people are exhausted and malnourished.
You're an absolute idiot.
>>26627729
I don't understand it either. Nothing annoyed me more than the "crust punk" kids that would try to hang with my group and preach about how they've chosen this anti-establishment lifestyle.
It's fucking gross, they're huge posers. Their parents are worried sick about them and trying to contact them constantly, meanwhile most of us had no parents. It's so gross and pathetic.
Exactly! The best route for living off-grid is to actually build a shelter on owned land.
>>
>>26627881
Maybe OP enjoys different things you enjoy.
Maybe you have a different opinion from OP.

Ever thought about that? I know people have a sheep mentality in this society but not everyone is the same.
>>
>>26627982
unless you enjoy being hungry,thirsty,dirty,robbed,cold and having blisters being homeless is shit
it was literally the worst experience in my life
>>
>>26627976
Based retard.

You really think you get a balanced meal in bootcamp? They feed you mostly carbohydrates and next to no protein. And you dont get alot of food at all. Especially because youre running around all fucking day burning tons of calories and being sleep deprived. People come into bootcamp fit and lose a ton of weight. Including muscle.
And who said i cant distribute the weight in my backpack when im homeless?

Youre so stupid it hurts to read. Youve obviously never been in the army and youre here acting like you know more about it than me. Get your facts straight.
>>
File: 1446746250946.jpg (54 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1446746250946.jpg
54 KB, 500x495
Travel isn't free. Hitch hiking doesn't work and train hopping is fucking miserable and dangerous as shit. It's also a felony.

Really, nothing's free. I mean, you can do the $0 hobo thing but why would you? It's literally the worst. You'll be very uncomfortable AND very bored almost all the time.

If you have a car and some money saved that can work though. I'd just sit with my laptop all day with free wifi, sleep in the nice safe locked cushiony heated / air conditioned car, a cooler and bag of ice everyday in the back seat to keep my beer and shit cold, an oz of pot stashed to smoke up when I want, wash myself up with a wet rag each morning to keep clean and it's ezpz.

You'll spend petty cash every day for stuff like ice (optional) food drinks gas etc but it's not much. Tickets are a killer tho, they'll eat through your savings like nothing. Anyway it's the classic way to travel domestically for cheap, like a mini RV for people that can't afford a special travel car.

Don't plan on earning money as you go "busking" or whatever, it doesn't work. Beg for a McJob and save up that way like everyone else. Maybe they'll even let you park there overnight.
>>
>>26628116
If you put it that way, i can do that too

Unless you enjoy bills, depression, burnouts, sleep deprivation, social pressure being a wageslave is shit

Its not about being hungry and cold specifically. Its about the freedom, the challenge, the adventure.
>>
File: banzai.png (158 KB, 478x354) Image search: [Google]
banzai.png
158 KB, 478x354
>>26626287
Instead of being a hobo why not a drifter? They're way fucking cooler than homeless people

>buy backpack, fill it with narcotics to sell to people.
>Leave everything behind except for money a vehicle and a gun/knife. I reccommend a van so that you can sleep and fuck whores in the back
>Travel to a new place every week, visit different towns and cities
>Hobo logic still applies in most cases
>Do what you gotta do do survive and stay comfortable

Most bots are loners anyway, why not venture off into the world on your own? Gain some new experiences. Go see the sights. Meet indecent women who are just as mentally unstable as you are.
>>
>>26628116
Now that I've been homeless I actually am accustomed to carrying backpacks instead of purses, and I make little ziplock bags with deodorant/toothbrush/bandaids/afterbitegoldbond/toothpaste/cheapcigs/$10bill/granolabarsouttheass/mcdonaldsgiftcards/washcloth/multi-tool that I keep in my pack and give to homeless people that I encounter during my day.
I spend about $300/month on these care packs but it's just fucking helpful shit.
In the winter I give out a lot of those 12 hour heating pads for your mittens and boots.
>>26628149
I'm not even going to dignify your presumably stupid post by reading it fully.
You're literally one of those failed beta manlet faggots who joined the military because you hate yourself for having no meaningful skills and then you walk around boasting about how tufffffff army guys are. You're using the army as a means to opt out of being a complete disappointment to your family.
It's really pathetic, you aren't shit, and you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: helpx.gif (7 KB, 233x177) Image search: [Google]
helpx.gif
7 KB, 233x177
can hobos/travellers/hitchikers/whatever the fuck you want to call yourselves please calm down and remember we need each other to survive.

i have a few things to add. first is pic related. google it, also google WWOOF, it's a lifeline for people who want to press the ejector seat button but also don't want to sleep on the streets. if you're happy to work and live under someone else's roof then please consider it.

secondly, i was gifted this book from someone i met on my travels, i think we could all benefit from reading it.
>http://regiofair.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/john_seymour-the_complete_book_of_self_sufficiency-2.pdf

good luck on your travels robots, i hope to meet you on the road sometime soon.
>>
>>26628238
Hitchhiking does work actually
And yes trainhopping is dangerous but it wouldnt be an adventure if it wasnt dangerous. And its not a felony what the hell are you talking about. You can end up in jail for a couple of days if you get caught on a high priority freight train but thats it.
>>
Is it really possible to survive innawoods when all the woods were urbanized and polluted to fuck? I'd gladly pull the McCandless, but I just don't see how its possible to get them 2000 calories a day without money from nature alone. McCandless himself wagekeked a lot and traveled with hippies, once he was left alone he fucking starved
>>
>>26628310
Holy fuck anon stop you're burning that faggot into a crisp
>>
>>26626287
Go ahead anon, you can totally do it, and it will be essier since you're getting preppared

My dream is to get a pickup and go around or some shit, pretty stupid, but i wish i could do it
>>
>>26628310
>claims he has been homeless himself
>calls me a dissapointment because ive been in the army

Flawless logic. Kill yourself. Remember when you complained about how much your back hurt because you slept on the ground? Youre a pussy with no spine.
>>
>>26628494
oooh the welfare queen's getting mad! better be careful, maybe he'll call you some more mean names!
>>
>>26628256
pressure from work and normies and struggle to pay bills does not compare to homeless life
you will sleep 5 hours a night at most,you feel disgusted with yourself,there will be all this weird shit in your hair,you will have blisters in your feet from walking,your lips will feel really weird and have weird scars,you will be completely energyless because of shitty almost nonexistant diet
when i was homeless the whole time it felt like a dream
like nothing was real
i started talking to myself and had weird thoughts
you are trying to convice me that something i have been trough and you havent is good
go out and do it anon im telling you it will be living hell
consider becoming a drifter/traveler like i said
>>
>>26628579
To each his own mate. Not everyone likes what you likes.
>>
Why hobo? Why not just buy a patch of land, and cultivate shit on this motherfucker in complete solitude? Land is actually quite cheap, and you can sustain yourself on a small, affordable farm plot and a hen with chicken. Maybe apiary for maximum comfy. I plan to do that shit gradually over next 5-10 years
>>
>>26628578
Whats that pussy? I cant hear you over your back cracking.
Nice damage control tho. Off yourself you autistic piece of shit.
>>
I am homeless.
>>
File: 1455795341171.jpg (99 KB, 770x472) Image search: [Google]
1455795341171.jpg
99 KB, 770x472
>>26627381
buying/building a cabin is my dream
isn't there land tax to pay though? where do I get income for that?
>>
>>26628272
>>26628238 here

It's a dangerous game anon, a man can only take so many bullshit tickets before he goes postal. The bureaucrats in blue around every corner demanding to see your papers and stealing your fucking money when you forget to dot an i. Or when someone gets a towtruck to come steal your fucking car for the first time and you don't have enough money to pay for the $200 towing fee, plus $70 per mile towed, plus $100 a day storage fee, etc etc. Eventually something just snaps and burning down the town's court house suddenly seems like a totally reasonable thing to do.
>>
>>26628699
Why and where?
>>
>>26628707
Yes, exactly - there's probably always going to be something to pay so in addition to having the land and cabin, you'll need some income. You can have an online job and supplement it with something like dividend income.
>>
>>26628699
Also, how is it going as a homeless? How do you get by?
>>
Once Doc was at the University of Chicago he had loved trouble and he had worked too hard. He thought it would be nice to take a very long walk. He put on a little knapsack and he walked through Indiana and Kentucky and North Carolina and Georgia, clear to Florida. He walked among farmers and mountain people, among the swamp people and fishermen. And everywhere people asked him why he was walking through the country.

Because he loved true things he tried to explain. He said he was nervous and besides he wanted to see the country, smell the ground and look at grass and birds and trees, to savour the country, and there was no other way to do it save on foot. And people didn't like him for telling the truth. They scowled, or shook and tapped their heads, they laughed as though they knew it was a lie and they appreciated a liar. And some, afraid for their daughters or their pigs, told him to move on, to get along, just not to stop near their place if he knew what was good for him.

And so he stopped trying to tell the truth. He said he was doing it on a bet - that he stood to win a hundred dollars. Everyone liked him then and believed him. They asked him in to dinner and gave him a bed and they put up lunches for him and wished him luck and thought he was a hell of a fellow. Doc still loved true things, but he knew it was not a general love and it could be a very dangerous mistress.
>>
>>26628741
What are they gonna do? Pick a hungry homeless man off the streets and put him in jail where he gets free food and shelter? Awesome
>>
>>26628754
if only I was so lucky to have an online job
sounds like a perfect life desu
>>
>>26628653
You're an idiot sheltered kid who has never experienced living rough before. Unless you're downright masochist being homeless is not fun.
>>
>>26628748
Home eviction 1 week ago. Mumsy lost the house and my neet life too.

Im by a contruction site under a tarp in MA.
>>
>>26628825
Lamar, the guy on the videos, also talks about this. There are lots of things you can do online to get some money. It needn't be a "job".
>>
>>26628810
>>26628810
I prepared. Ive got two street atlas, four different radios to charge my phone and stuff. 50 bucks in my wallet atm.
>>
>>26628440
lel
>>26628494
I was homeless because my parents died when I was 16 and I have no local extended family, so I had to earn the life I currently live from the ground up.
I never became homeless for being a failure, and I successfully came out of being homeless, proceeded to do well for myself.
You ARE a fucking disappointment. The only reason people join the army is because they have no other worthwhile options.
They either are socially retarded and inept, and therefore go into the military to become manly or somewhat socially valuable/tough (in their own eyes),
OR
You aren't intelligent enough to have any skills or decent degrees, so you've had to pursue an army career to pretend to be successful with minimal effort.
My guess on your part, is both.
You're a tiny speck of shit on the asshole of the U.S government and entirely replaceable to them. Your skillset is something that can be learned by any idiot, the military is designed to convert useless idiots into combat pawns.
You are their little bitch, you're Islam bait. You're nothing in the grand scheme of any important operations. Nobody thinks about you, nobody consults you, you're a little maggot of muscle and only useful when there's 300 other little useless morons like you. Your skills are only worthwhile in numbers, and even then you're irrelevant.
You've signed your life away to an organization that gives absolutely no shits about you or your family so that you can feel like you've surpassed being the little faglet you where in high school.
Congrats, you've graduated from Highschool Chad's Bitch to Obama's Bitch. Achievement unlocked, fag.
>>
>>26628922
dude, post a timestamped pic of your hobocamp with your paypall adress written on it and I'll send you 10 bucks.
>>
>>26628857
thanks mate, I'll have to look into it
>>
>>26628845
Youre a pussy who couldnt handle sleeping on the ground and being hungry.
Youre a spoiled 20 something year old kid. Tons of hippies live homeless and love it. And you failed at it. You cant take care of yourself. Idiot. You know youre worthless if you cant even handle being homeless.
>>
>>26628754
Just put your money in a bank or invest it somewhere and pay for land with interest. If you're completely self-sustained you won't be needing money for anything else
>>
>>26628955
driving around in an RV with 50 grand in the bank leftover from selling your house isn't the same as living below the poverty line and fighting crack heads for a spot in the line at the soup kitchen, which is exactly what you'll be doing if you don't have any money. But go ahead, go out there and prove us wrong, post weekly updates on here about how you're getting on.
>>
>>26628845
Please don't let this >>26628955 gigantic faggot troll you into responding, you're completely correct and know exactly what you're talking about.
Let these spoiled children go out on their own and get some infected teeth, let them get beaten by the cops and feel what it's like to melt in the heat/freeze in the snow with holes in their boots. Fuck em', friend.
>>
File: 56235435634.jpg (54 KB, 600x692) Image search: [Google]
56235435634.jpg
54 KB, 600x692
>>26628926
the guy who want to become homeless is a retard but youre even a bigger one
>>
>>26628926
>sperging out this hard because im more of a man than you
Classic. Hows your back doing boy?
>>
>>26629020
My back is completely fine compared to how anally destroyed you are by your own government.
>>
>>26628926
jesus christ that autism
>>
>>26628813
And a permanent criminal record which will be visible to all prospective employers for the rest of your life (even after repaying your debt to society and reforming), creating a significant barrier preventing (re)entry into the workforce and cementing for yourself a life of poverty, homelessness, petty theft, and increasingly long prison stays.

Assuming that most of you anon live in the US the poor only get poorer. We live in a country where there's a fee and a fine every time you don't have enough money and you'd better fucking believe that nobody's just gonna drop it and let it go. It'll only keep growing and following you until you kill yourself or they get every last damn cent you 'owe' them. Poverty here's a trap that gets harder to escape the poorer you are, why would you ever willingly choose that?
>>
>>26628986
Absolutely - that's why I mentioned dividend income. But, you'd need a lot of money to pay for everything from investments, so a work supplement is always good.
>>
>>26629043
>writes a novel expressing his autism to me
>calls me mad
YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP HAHAHA
>>
>>26628948
don't have my PayPal info. But thanks anon, I'll be fine for 2 weeks.
>>
>>26629007
You sound like a massive faggot.
>>
>>26629007
You're right man, it ain't worth it. Police treatment of the homeless is awful, by the way. Fucking cops will take any chance they can to exert authority over someone less fortunate than themselves.
>>
File: 1454813335124.jpg (194 KB, 1692x1462) Image search: [Google]
1454813335124.jpg
194 KB, 1692x1462
>>26626287
>Im currently gathering survival knowlodge
I need to learn too, anon. Please share with us.
>>
>>26628955
>>26629020
What went wrong in your life that you're spending your Saturday afternoon just talking shit to homeless people as hard as you can?

Like damn dude what are you compensating for? Do you drown kittens as a hobby too so you can prove how much tougher you are than them?
>>
>>26629048
Thats not the life i want to live anyway.
>>
Not at the moment, but limiting your options until the day you fucking die isn't a wise choice.
>>
>>26626287
>Im currently gathering survival knowlodge, books

Share links OP, please.
>>
>>26627268
are hobbos the modern elves?
>>
>>26629140
Youre mad because you feel like people should feel sorry for you because you were homeless, but instead people WANT to be homeless now.
You couldnt handle the homeless life and thats why youre here complaining about how cold and hungry you were and that we should feel bad for you. Fuck you you worthless piece of shit. You cant handle the lowest form of living. Even crackheads can do it and you cant.

Just off yourself already faggot. Or are you gonna fail at that too?
>>
>>26629320
Dude I'm at home RIGHT NOW just watching the freakshow, yourself included in that.

Imagine if you saw some guy on the sidewalk just screaming at a bum for 20 minutes. He's clearly fucking mental. That's you right now son. Fucking mental.
>>
most of the wwoof and helpx hosts are just Trump voters looking for slaves to do unpaid work
>>
>>26629366
Then dont ever talk shit to me if you dont want to be roasted until you leave. This is the internet, not real life. Dont start shit if you dont want a shitstorm
Nobody gives a shit about you or your past. Youre here calling people idiots because they want to do something you failed at miserably. Not everyone wants to live the same life as you. Idiot.

Cut yourself and NEVER EVER stop.
>>
>>26626287
here is what you need op and its the only thing you will need
a guitar
just travel from town to town, as soon as you find a tavern you go, do your thing and drunk peasents will give you tips and buy you drinks.
At the end of the night some widow will invite you over for a meal and sex.
When you are ready to departure just ask a friendly merchan to travel among his caravan, they travel with mercenaries so you will be safe and fed
>>
File: agnry.png (35 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
agnry.png
35 KB, 600x800
>>26629520
No anon pls stop roasting me I hate it so much
>>
>>26629520
>>26629366
>14 year olds pretending to be ebin
>>
>>26629582
Then stop posting. Im not even telling you to go out and get a job or friends. Just leave 4chan and cut yourself. And remember, dont ever stop. Keep cutting forever. This will be a permanent thing. Foreverial cutting forever. Until you die.
>>
>>26628922
>four different radios to charge my phone
what? how?
>>
>>26628926
I joined straight out of high school and I go to college. Working on my accounting degree. Why do you attack the entire military when its one retard sperging out?
>>
File: 1448680696438.png (26 KB, 730x694) Image search: [Google]
1448680696438.png
26 KB, 730x694
>>26629672
holy shit this is the most unironically upset I've seen someone on here
>>
File: radio.jpg (18 KB, 385x304) Image search: [Google]
radio.jpg
18 KB, 385x304
>>26629704
Two of these and others
>>
>>26629739
Says the guy who sperged out and wrote a novel about his past that nobody cares about

Hows the cutting going? Dont ever give up. This is the rest of your life. Dont pussy out just like you did with your hobo life.
>>
File: 1428811019979.png (188 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1428811019979.png
188 KB, 327x316
>>26629908
that was the first time I replied to you in the thread
bretty funny
>>
>>26626287
honestly i thought about his

but ultimately decided not to because i hate the feeling of having a sweaty ass crack and balls. that shit is not enoyable at all. its bad enough if i go one summer afternoon without showering walking around all over the place, i could only imagine what its like for weeks.

so thats the reason why.. a nice shower and a clean ball sack and ass area. everything else doesnt matter, dont care about the money or the food or the time but cleanliness is next to godliness for me,
>>
>>26629809
huh. never knew about those, pretty cool.

OP or anyone else please post good survival guides/books/videos/whatever
>>
>>26629320
How delusional can one person be?
>>
>>26626287
>retard preparing to go die in the woods
LMAO
>>
>>26629962
>>26630124
>being this autistic
We can all see it dumbass.
>>
File: 1455401034328.gif (410 KB, 221x196) Image search: [Google]
1455401034328.gif
410 KB, 221x196
>Tfw you either have to be a wageslave or be homeless to survive
>Tfw you're forced to play this game called "life"
>>
>>26630099
I got this book called 'Ultimate SAS Survival'.
It covers pretty much everything, from different terrains, to plants, from shelter to medicine, from food to traps for animals
>>
>>26631507
>forced
No
>>
>>26631527
Definitely gonna check that out.
I also need like a field guide of all edible plants in europe. Especially france and spain.
>>
>>26631507
The other option would be to kill yourself. Your choice. Im going with hobo.
>>
>>26626818
Looks too comfy.

>>26626287
You already said you were going to use a tent but you could probably construct some dope shit. Pick up shelters, shacks, and shanties. It's a book about building shelters made by one of the founders of Boy Scouts.
>>
File: images.png (864 B, 171x90) Image search: [Google]
images.png
864 B, 171x90
because there is no such thing as a carefree life. life by its definition is a competition for the arbitrary goal of making the competition harder
>>
>>26631915
The thing is that i want to stay on the move every couple of days. And i prefer to sleep outside anyway.
>>
>>26626508
>asks for water cup
>fills it with soda.
Not exactly the best example you've got there.
>>
File: Unknown-3.jpg (7 KB, 173x292) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-3.jpg
7 KB, 173x292
>>26626629

Waldon?
>>
>>26632054
Hm no but looks interesting. Thanks.
>>
>>26628579

So homelessness is a meme?
>>
>>26632079

do you know who Henry David Thoreau is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_David_Thoreau
>>
>>26632192
Im reading about him right now
>>
>>26627014
Yes but likely someone from the person you speak of past had that condition and passed that
Gene which became latent. Eliminate that person originally and the bad genes eventually dissapear,
>>
>>26627014
Baldness isnt a negative condition. Socially maybe, but not biologically.
>>
>>26631995
Suit yourself. At least bring something that can double as a comforter because you can't make a new pine straw bed every night. You can but its a pain in the ass. I recommend getting a hatchet, it's useful for wood and defending yourself. You'll need a good wood cutter considering you are not going to be in one place conserving wood. I would prefer to have a fire every night but that's me
>>
>>26632752
Yea i definitely need a sleeping mat
And making a fire is doable without an axe. You gotta make use of the dead wood.
And hitchhiking with an axe is not a pretty sight. I think waiting times will be really long lol.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-18-09-40-24.png (401 KB, 720x402) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-18-09-40-24.png
401 KB, 720x402
To all of you aspiring survivalists:

I am going innawoods with a group from /pol/. We are 25 strong (many of us won't come, we just research). I started this idea a few months ago and now we have a functioning group. I'd be totally willing to expand even further. We have a Skype group and I'll add you to it. Add 'hack_blastard' on Skype.

I know this is r9k and all, but laziness, being really fat, general unsociable people aren't really needed. They'd hold us back.
>>
>>26633359
dont have skype.
where abouts would you lot go? america?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-20-20-15-16.png (384 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-20-20-15-16.png
384 KB, 720x1280
>>26633455
Southeast USA. We have a (4x2)chance board as well, but we don't use it too much (due to the convenience of us all being in a Skype call).
>>
>>26633359
Is it forever or long term at least?
>>
>>26633642
We want to run it as a community. Long term definitely
>>
>>26633616
sounds great, best of luck to you. too bad im a few thousand miles away or id love to join
>>
>>26633359
Do you have complimentary moist nuggets? Not that I'd ever join you. You'll only last until thursday before you all die in a hail of gunfire due to limited amounts of girls/traps and galils to fuck.
>>
File: 1413441685533.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1413441685533.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>26626287
Just don't come to my town or me and my fash bros are gonna curbstomp your commie asses.
>>
>>26626287
Oogle. do you really know what that is???
>>
>>26626287
Come to Alaska, anon. Dick Proenneke is a State treasure and he lived in the Alaska wilderness alone for decades, starting at age 51.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss
>>
what do you guys think about learning a trade and taking a motorbike or a cheap car and see where the road leads?
then work for a month or so in a different city, spread out your earnings on gas and food, then leave again.
I suppose the toughest thing would be getting hired but I think if you have a useful enough trade (welding, mechanic, possibly just being strong enough to lift heavy things), you should be able to get hired eventually and get paid in cash. I've heard tons of harbors and industries hire these temporary workers.
you could possibly live comfortably in your car or in a tent several months off of a month's wage.

do you guys think it's possible?
>>
guys, listen. living off the grid and being self sufficient is not the same thing as being homeless ok? first lets understand that. one is by choice, and the other is because youre a failure at life.

now, to people who are assblasted about sleeping on the ground, there are these things called sleep pads. like thermarest. they self inflate, then in the morning you pack it up into your bag and go on your way. id honestly suggest ppl try to "build up" their skills before trying tolive this kind of life. go camping by yourself for a week. see if you can make it. then try 2 weeks, etc. take as many free classes at rei as you can about basic survival skills
>>
>>26634706
ive always been scared to travel, but i have a friend whos been travelling alone through europe for about a year now, doing this very thing. bought a cheap motorbike. then goes to one town. does odd jobs like pass out flyers, sweeps the floor at a bar, etc., just to be able to eat and sleep. when he gets tired of it, he hops on his bike and goes to another town, sees the sites, gets odd jobs, stays fora while, etc.

sounds like a fun life,to be honest. not sure if this is doable in the u.s. like it is in europe though
>>
>Whats stopping you from living a carefree life?
>Mexico
>>
>>26628741
Aww, look at the poor victim. Yeah, they're stealing YOUR car when you're parking in THEIR space. You are fucking squatting on other people's property and acting like you own it, and then whining when you are penalized for it. Fuck off.
>>
>>26628847
Nice. Where in MA?
>>
>>26626287
you're still basing all of this on the assumption that there's just land around no one is using. almost all of it is someone's and if they spot you, smoke, or anything else someone will come. hopefully just law enforcement and not some shithead rancher looking to murder anyone he thinks he can. there's no more frontier. it's all polluted, military base, ranch/farm/rich fuck's atv track, or otherwise unfriendly to poor shitkickers wondering onto it. you need to keep moving quickly, and your body will start to give out on you. it has almost nothing to do with wilderness skills. it's basically illegal to be homeless and you are no longer considered a human being
>>
File: south carolina pepe.png (57 KB, 938x688) Image search: [Google]
south carolina pepe.png
57 KB, 938x688
South carolina reporting in my friends.
>>
>>26634805
I'm the guy you're responding to and I live in europe. It seems like doing it in europe seems even harder because language barriers, the population in half of europe's big countries don't commonly speak english. (germany, france, spain, italy)

your friend's story gave me hope after this thread bummed me out. thanks for that
>>
>>26626287
Need expensive medicine to stay alive, I get it through mail-order pharmacies. So I've got that weighing down on me for starters.

Also, grew up /smalltown/ and never developed big-city people skills, so being in large groups of poor people makes me feel out-of-place. Fairly straightedge, don't routinely use any illegal substances, most homeless people are into at least the lighter substances so I'd be pretty outcast just for that.

Lastly, massive fucking faggot about the cold. I can work in subfreezing temperatures all day with no problem, but I can't go to sleep like that. Feels bad man. And even in places like Arizona and southern Texas, there are a few months where it just never gets comfortably warm. I'd need a decent-ish van or SUV with a fairly nice heater, or insulation, or something. And once you get into the vehicle stuff, you've got to keep it maintained. Even if you do it all yourself, stuff adds up.

End of the day, it's almost as much money to be a piece of shit living in a van as it is to be a piece of shit living in a low-rent apartment. And the van doesn't have hot water or a toilet or a refrigerator or anything like that.
>>
>>26632539
Having to wear a hat because you don't have hair protecting the top of your head from the elements is a biological negative.
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.