[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to find a Psychologist in Australia because I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: counselling.jpg (119 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
counselling.jpg
119 KB, 500x333
I'm trying to find a Psychologist in Australia because I want help, but the cheapest I can find are like $100 an hour. How the fuck can I afford this?
>>
just talk to us anon. what's on your mind?
>>
>how can i afford this
With your 30 dollar minimum wage you fucking aussie piece of filth.
>>
>>26592424
Ive already said everything on here, nobody responds and when they do its not even helpful.

I want to talk to a super-normie whose an expert in life related issues like social anxiety, depression, virginitis, no friends, no interests.
>>
>>26592391

Go to a GP and ask for a mental health plan

It's like 30 or 40 dollars more back from your medicare
>>
They are a scam anymore, you are paying bullshit amount of money so some cunt can listen to your problems and write them down.
>>
>>26592460
They'll just tell you to be less of a piece of shit but in a less obnoxious way
>>
>>26592391
Well, I found this page:
https://www.psychology.org.au/medicare/

Which basically says there is criteria for being eligible for psychologist visits under Medicare.

Also, I work for the DHS myself, and I know there are social workers, free of charge for you to speak to initially.
https://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/social-work-services

You might also find this page helpful.

It may not be of the best quality, it may be underfunded and understaffed, but you're not alone.

>>26592466
This is a good option too.
>>
>>26592391
Get a mental health plan from your GP and a referral. I don't remember what they're called exactly but my GP could get me up to 12 (?? I think) free visits to a psychologist at a time. If headspace is in your area, call them after you get your mental health plan. They can be difficult to get into but IIRC they're free.

Also try to see a male psychologist. In my experience, females just listened and offered their sympathy and were much much worse at providing direction, goals, rational solutions - actually fixing your problems.
>>
>>26592556
Also, if you're not doing it already, start doing shit to help yourself right away. You seem to have some motivation to change so latch onto that and do things.

Start exercising (I strongly recommend powerlifting), eat properly, get a decent amount of sleep. Just doing those three things will at least help your mood. It won't fix underlying issues initially but staying motivated to fix your problems will be easier if your general mood is a bit happier.
>>
Op here I've been lifting 4 years. Hasn't done shut to help.

I will look into those gov health services
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.