[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/uni/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 22
File: RW-winking.jpg (11 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
RW-winking.jpg
11 KB, 300x297
>get 97% on the midterm
>class average is 67%
>professor adds 7.5% and raises the class average
>raise my hand and ask what happens now that I'm over 100
>professor tells me everybody now hates me
>go to his office later with my test
>prove my one wrong answer was actually right
>grade goes even higher
>feel pretty good about it
>get the shit kicked out of me by other students after class

Last part didn't happen. How was your day /uni/fags?
>>
File: 1454876867415.jpg (77 KB, 363x447) Image search: [Google]
1454876867415.jpg
77 KB, 363x447
>going to uni
Lel
>>
Scored the number of girl I've been spitting game to, thank God my last pull ended up having a kid
>>
File: 1453434593632.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1453434593632.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
spent the day listening to my roommate run to the bathroom shitting his brains out. I consider this a victory because it only proves he drank my damn chocolate milk, I spiked the half gallon with laxatives yesterday before bed.

I kind of feel like I need to throw it out or tell him not to drink it because he's kind of an idiot and will do the same thing over not realizing the milk gave him the shits.
>>
>>26562544
I always did that stuff in my first and second year
I would destroy everyones curved grade because I'd always get 95-100 percent on every exam
>>
3 months out of uni. Still unemployed. Enjoy it while it lasts.
>>
>>26562634

My insecurity is a boon because I'm constantly over-studying and getting a much better grade than I expected. It actually makes college exhilarating.
>>
>have a final exam
>need to get at least 70% to pass the course
>go to building at scheduled time
>can't find the room
>walk around the building aimlessly looking for the room
>being to panic
>start running down the empty halls as I lose more and more time

then I woke up and remembered I graduated 2 years ago.
>>
>>26562630
>I kind of feel like I need to throw it out or tell him not to drink it because he's kind of an idiot and will do the same thing over not realizing the milk gave him the shits.

Are you fucking retarded? Let the normie suffer. He deserves it. Entertain yourself with his misery.
>>
>>26562544
why would someone hate you for being smart?
Why wouldn't they try to study with you instead?
>>
>>26562772
one day of suffering the shits is enough man.
>>
>>26562803
Pride or stubbornness mostly.
>>
>class is graded 80% by exams and 20% by attendance (because people are retarded and needed a way to pad their shitty exam scores I guess)
>get perfect scores on all the exams
>still get an 80% in the class
kek
>>
>tfw only one with A-range paper
>tfw professor asks if they can use it as an example paper to show other students how they fucked up
>>
>>26562803

He was just jesting when he said it but I wanted the story to be dramatic
>>
>>26562803
He didn't have to scream it to everyone, it was like he was rubbing in their face how much better he was.

You should always be humble.
>>
File: 1440697988322.jpg (47 KB, 473x500) Image search: [Google]
1440697988322.jpg
47 KB, 473x500
>passed last test literally today
>free until wednesday while normies have to study for retests
fuck normies
>>
>>26562544
>got a test back
>class average is 76
>I got a 50
>try to forget about it and play 8 hours of video games
>>
>>26562590
This right here. You cucks will defend paying out the nose for a slip of paper. Join the NEET life and enjoy yourselves.
>>
File: Christopher-Columbus.jpg (109 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Christopher-Columbus.jpg
109 KB, 400x300
>>26562896

>professor takes a girl's paper and projects it in front of the class and uses it as an example of good writing
>didn't ask the girl beforehand
>ends up saying a bunch of stuff like "oh wait this is a bad example, don't do that. Wait she missed a comma here"
>she looks visibly upset
>I'm sitting next to her and whisper, "You missed a comma."
>the professor moves on to a paragraph taken from someone else's paper
>"this is also a great exampl- wait he missed a comma this is bad"
>start at it for 30 seconds while he's talking
>realize that it's my paper he is now using as an example
>girl is still upset, gets up after class and confronts the professor
>mfw she's my waifu and I pretend to also be upset by talking about it with her next time in class
>>
Passed my phlebotomy exam, I am now legally allowed to draw blood from patients, unfortunately I sacrificed my physiologically psych exam for it.
>>
File: just.gif (1 MB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
just.gif
1 MB, 500x371
>>26562544
>asking that question in class
Professor was trying to you a lesson teach about life
Will you learn the lesson?
>>
>>26562544
go into university exam.
"today, anons, every wrong answers takes marks off"
Not my style of test, as I tend to freeball a lot of questions out of my ass and get by with 1 or 2 marks out of 5 or something.
Sweating bullets.
Asshole now says it's marked on a bell curve. This professor is a fruity one, i'll hand him that.
Think fuck it, i'll freeball it anyway.

Get marks, ahead of the curve even with freeballing, not bad. I'm guessing there were a lot of idiots in the class because the curve was actually highest below 50% of the actual mark. So much for bell curves when everyone is shit.
>>
File: 366.jpg (147 KB, 635x765) Image search: [Google]
366.jpg
147 KB, 635x765
>>26562896
>freshman year english
>everybody is retarded except for me
>write a ten-page rhetorical analysis for an avant-garde piece of music for final grade
>professor says loudly in front of the class "Anon, this could be published"
>get a 93
>final grade is just below an A because fuck homework
>4.0 GPA goes down to 3.91
>mfw
>>
File: huah.jpg (68 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
huah.jpg
68 KB, 499x499
>mfw I study and still fail classes

Man, I really wasn't designed for this whole improving yourself thing.
>>
>fuck off all unit long
>study all day the day before exam
>fail
>tell myself I won't let it happen again
>get home, drink alone, watch anime , and fap

what am I doing wrong senpai?
>>
File: sohotbutnosauce;_;.webm (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
sohotbutnosauce;_;.webm
2 MB, 320x240
>tfw pre med
>tfw sophomore
>tfw 3.21 gpa
>tfw failed ochem last semester
>tfw zero extra curriculars
>tfw disciplinary probation for weed from freshman year

I have all A's this semester from finally fixing my shitty work ethic and am getting licensed as an EMT but I think I already killed my chances for acceptance. On top of all this I've been lying to my parents and they think I'm doing great. Probably gonna have to suicide in the next two years.
>>
>talking to a girl off tinder
>we're just shooting the shit and hitting it off
>go on a date with her
>she's infinitely better looking than in her pictures
>minimal spaghetti spilling on both sides
>agree to do it again

what the heck m8s
did i make it?
>>
File: 1452483568903.png (204 KB, 500x486) Image search: [Google]
1452483568903.png
204 KB, 500x486
>>26563630
yes, now leave normie
>>
>>26563532
MODS MODS MODS!!11
>>
>take introductory accounting course a few years back
>easy as shit
>get high 90s on midterm
>quarter of the class somehow fails
>professor can't bell curve because 2 people got 100%

the looks of defeat on the faces of normies who spent their weekends partying was pretty satisfying
>>
File: NooseFace.jpg (102 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
NooseFace.jpg
102 KB, 507x338
>>26563249
God damn I fucking hate this shit so much.
>have a final project due for my drafting class
>do probably twice as much work as everyone else, everything is near perfect
>hand in this thick ass binder filled with my drawings and sketches, professor looks visibly impressed
>hands everyone's back the next week, and says to me "This is probably the best portfolio I have received in all of my years teaching this course."
>everyone around me super jelly
>open up the binder to see what my grade actually turned out to be
>94/100
>mfw the best project ever doesn't even get a 100.
>>
>>26563532
Yeah there is no way you're getting into med school with a 3.2 GPA. Better have a back-up plan.
>>
>>26563366
drinking and watching anime
you're supposed to just fap
>>
>>26563806
It should be 3.52 at the end of this semester and then two more years to raise so I'm not totally giving up. Also suicide is my backup plan
>>
>>26562772
The Loo might be unusable tho
>>
>>26563009
Which is why F happens
>>
>>26563874
You can probably recover. Just get your GPA as high as possible, destroy your MCAT, and get involved in some extracurriculars. Even the most stellar student won't get into med school if all they did was attend class and study.
>>
>Day after gym, legs feel like shit.
>Drag myself to philosophy, teacher's a douche.
>Roommate comes into the dorm, brags about how he got road head in a Maserati last night.
>Spent the afternoon fapping to GoneWildAudio with my headphones on

pretty average day
>>
File: 1454551273457.jpg (59 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454551273457.jpg
59 KB, 1920x1080
>>26562544

>take test
>we review test
>one question the "correct answer" was some ambiguous opinion
>argue that cant be the answer because there is nothing to put it in perspective
>they actually change the answer
>class mates all tell me how awesome that was after class and it helped everyones grade out

still hkv eventhough have friends and class mates of both sexes like me
>>
File: Suicidal_Thoughts.jpg (206 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Suicidal_Thoughts.jpg
206 KB, 720x720
>>26562544
ans she bad so maybe she wont, but shit then again maybe she will
>>
>>26563962
Does dentistry require a high GPA?
Senior in high school here.
>>
>>26563974
oh wait, forgot
>Run into qt from my high school who left after 9th grade
>She got a nursing license, working on her doctorate
>Check her facebook since we added each other a while back, in a relationship
>>
File: 1455278501171.jpg (38 KB, 408x352) Image search: [Google]
1455278501171.jpg
38 KB, 408x352
>>26562544
Found out I got a 96 A on a history test which is good. But I realized I fucked up on my trig test because when I was doing calculations my hand slipped and I accidentally opened up a menu. I quickly closed out of it and kept working. Well it was only till after I finished the test that I noticed my calculator mode was in "degree" instead of "radian" and it was in radian the night before when I was doing practice problems, so it must have changed when my hand slipped. This made me get thise questions wrong. Hopefully I can explain to my prof and he'll give me partial credit or something but I know that's a pipe dream. JUST
>>
File: 1446652005515.jpg (110 KB, 1440x1425) Image search: [Google]
1446652005515.jpg
110 KB, 1440x1425
>>26563874

go to pharmacy or nursing school

if nursing school go through to a nurse practitioner and get all of the benefits of being a doctor with no inflated malpractice insurance because the hospital will cover you

PA school sucks, not worth it because many require you to have an extensive residency now that you might as well have gone to med school.
>>
>>26564006
Dental school requires the DAT vs the MCAT needed for medical schools. Becoming a dentist is less competitive than becoming a doctor so the GPA cutoff is lower, but it still does not hurt to have as high one. The higher your GPA, the better the school you can get into, the better opportunities you'll have when you graduate.
>>
>>26564049
Nah both my parents are doctors and I'd feel like a failure if I did anything else. Med school or suicide are the only options I have available to me.
>>
>>26564156

hope you like Granada or other tropical islands then because those are the schools you will have to go to

not because of your grades becuae american med schools only take minorities now
>>
File: 1432188924004.gif (32 KB, 192x256) Image search: [Google]
1432188924004.gif
32 KB, 192x256
>>26563532
>3.21 GPA
>Not doing great.

Nigga, let's get one thing straight.
As long as you're trying your best, there's nothing wrong with that.

Between working 40 hours a week between 2 jobs and going to school full time for 2 years, trying to balance relationships, and stopping two of my friends from an-heroing along with some unrelated hospital visits and a car accident, my grades went to shit.

I know I don't have good prospects for hiring.
But I do have work experience, made connections, learning a trade, and working on a side project or two.

It's your education, do what you want with it.
My gpa might be shit, but I'm glad I pulled my gpa up from a 1.3 to a 2.5, considering everything that happened.

One failed class isn't going to ruin your life.
Just don't do what I did and stay in a major you can't understand or hate.
>>
>>26563033
>neet life
>enjoy yourselves

stop trying to ruin peoples lives the NEET life is shit and you know it waking up every morning with depression and crippling self doubt.
>>
>>26564258
Except this is blatantly false, stop being stupid.
>>
>>26564280
Is GPA a big deal in your country I'm from Australia I didn't think people gave a shit about that.
>>
>>26564128
Oh perfect
Thank you
>>
A similar thing happened to be, but I didn't ask "What happens now that I'm over 100", because I know that all that happens is that now I'm over 100.

I got 100% on a test but the average was too low for the professor to stomach, so he multiplied each grade by 1.15 (to award the people who did better, I think he said), so I ended up getting a disgustingly high score.

I feel so great that I've posted this to r9k. I can just feel people admiring me through this post.
>>
>>26564338
No, not exactly.
Most people just look for the degree itself, or certification that you know certain skills, or you are proficient enough in a language.

'Murrica here, GPA is really only considered when going to graduate school, medical school, or pharmacy school.

And even then, some people get disqualified because they have no work experience, or they have some unexplained gap in work history...something along those lines.
>>
File: oX4Rdob.webm (114 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
oX4Rdob.webm
114 KB, 640x478
>grow up poorfag
>not interested in dating in middle school
>no internet or vidya consoles so only thing to do is read
>grades are good enough to get scholarship to private school full of rich kids on the other side of the city
>parents don't even have a car so i have to bus an hour and a half to school every day, then bus an hour and a half back
>full tuition is like $11k per year, parents only pay $1k or so
>kids are friendly for the most part, make some good friends freshman year
>they invite me over to their houses after school sometimes, sometimes spend the night on weekends
>their houses are way nicer than mine
>can never invite them to my place, constantly see all the nice things they have and take for granted, develop massive inferiority complex
>never ask a girl out because no money for dates, no money to buy her presents, no car to get to her house on the other side of the city and pick her up, can't bring her to my place or she'll see how poor I am, etc.
>wintertime wear same puffy coat because its the only one i have, aware kids are calling it a "hobo jacket" behind my back
>no one ever made fun of me in front of me but could tell it constantly happened behind my back
>be generally nice guy, apparently fairly attractive too because more than a couple girls were interested in me romantically
>never made a move
>get lazier as unhappier as time goes on, start having suicidal thoughts every now and again but can ignore them
>grades go down because of this
>get into a decent college but have to take out loans to actually go
>two years in, don't go a day without suicidal fantasies
>talk myself out of it by thinking about how my parents would feel
>feel bad about parents having to spend money on books so try to get through classes without them
>works sometimes, doesn't work others
>get rejected from every minimum wage job i apply to so can't make my own money
JUST
>>
>have to get straight As this semester or I get kicked out
Thinking of attempting suicide so my parents will just make me go to therapy instead of kicking me out
>>
>>26562803
The same reason you hate chad for being attractive
>>
>go to college under the premise that engineering technology = engineering
>end up taking technologist program by accident
It's easy as fuck and I get to work with technology hands on. Literally top of program right now.
>>
>>26563776
>drawing class
>professor
>DRAWING CLASS

Burst out laughing. Holy fucking hell, you most likely paid a substantial amount of money to draw pictures.
>>
>>26564479
Also I fucking hate it, send help and money so I can be an engineer. I don't like this "I'M A HANDS ON KINDA GUY" meme anymore.
>>
File: 1439203240521.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1439203240521.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>tfw going to uni because everything else seems even worse
>no motivation at all
I think I could do pretty good with some discipline, and I heard you can learn that, but it's probably too late.
Don't even know what I'd do even if I made it
legal nembutal when?
>>
>>26562803
Nobody hates someone for being smart, they hate him because it sounds like he's bragging about it and rubbing it in their noses. People will, for the most part, only admire greatness if it comes with a degree of humility.
>>
>taking 3 classes
>only need to get above 2.0 in one of them to get degree
>only took other two to qualify for fin aid
>skipped the midterm for one of them
>passing the class I need
>haven't even gone to the third one

Yum-yum
>>
>>26564486
DRAFTING
R
A
F
T
I
N
Gbloxxx
>>
File: 1428699245750.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1428699245750.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>uni has a system where you can't study certain subjects until you "unlock" them by studying certain ones first
>go full retard and see classes in a shitty order
>it'll take at least 3 semesters to catch up
>already on 6th,
>you're supposed to be out by the 8th

I wished someone could have helped me, or at least gave me a heads up before it was too late

please kill me
>>
>>26564504
That's exactly me. Just went 'cause I don't want a job. I'm not at all motivated but so far the work has been minimal for most lessons so whatever.

Also I felt sick when I turned up so I fucked off home.
>>
>>26564736
This.

I understand that pre-req subjects are important but for fucks sake not being able to do them together or not being properly advised from the outset is the fucking worst.
>>
>sometimes go to uni infirmary to sleep
>pack my bag with my things and pretend i'm going to stay at a hotel for vacation and have an altogether comfy time

in here right now ignoring my english paper
>>
File: soe.png (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
soe.png
1 B, 486x500
>>26563630
congradutlarions you made it
>>
File: 97686.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
97686.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>Talking to some girl in class
>we get along pretty well
>ask me to help her on the weekend on some exercises
>everything went well
>see her the week after in class
>I reserved a place next to me for her
>she pass me giving me a slight 'hi'
>she sits next to random chicks and didn't talk to her or anything
>class ends, I take my time to pack my things, maybe she'll talk to me
>she goes straight to some stacies and she talk with them for awhile
>I exit class, go the the bathroom to wait for her
>see her outside with the same stacies
>she gives me another slight 'hi'

Why live when you are this much autistic girls assume you are only good to be used for helping them with academic shits?
>>
>>26563033
My college degree was all paid by fafsa.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.