[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, any other INFPs out there? Feeling kind of lonely when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 53
Hey, any other INFPs out there?

Feeling kind of lonely when it comes to my ideals meeting reality. It's sad having this beautiful imagination and not really being able to use it. But I'm willing to help others! If you post in this thread, I'll gladly be your friend. I'll respond to any infp poster in this thread, and if there are any other personality types that need to talk, I'm here for them too.

So how are you r9k?
>>
I want to also know. sorry op for your loneliness.
if you want help from an INTP. im here as well
>>
File: mami.png (349 KB, 672x650) Image search: [Google]
mami.png
349 KB, 672x650
being INFP is the worst shit of all time

what good is it being a "sensitive soul" in such a harsh world? i'm not even creative. i'm just a pushover and a sad little weenie.
>>
>>26421593
Hey INTP! How are you doing?

>>26421678
Aren't you underrating it just a bit? INFPs can have a purity, a simplicity rarely found in other types. Humanity needs "sensitive souls", peace-makers. Isn't it good enough that you're most likely a nice and genuine person? Even if we're pushed-over, even if we're treated harshly, isn't it good enough that we try our best and can be content with that?

And no matter what, even if people push you around, I'll always think you're cool.
>>
>>26421400
I did that test and I am INFP. What does it really mean? There is too much text and I kind of feel they try to say a lot of bullshit to make you happy.
>>
>>26421767
Well, okay this is gonna kinda be a text-dump:

I - Introverted: you interpret your world internally, so you focus inward (aka your feelings and thoughts) in comparison with the external world. There's a likelihood that you become more exhausted by being with others and gain energy by retreating and being alone. This doesn't remotely mean you don't enjoy the presence of other people though: you're just introverted.
N - Intuitive: you focus more on abstract thoughts than concrete ones. So essentially, you're more creative than down-to-earth. You'll be able to make more connections due to your abstract thinking.
F - Feeling: this is pretty obvious, you make your decisions based on emotions primarily. Emotions mean a great deal to you usually and are your primary way of making sense of the world.
P - Perceiving: The easiest way to explain this is that you're less of a "do-er/in the moment" kind of person and more of a reflective person. This would probably lead to you procrastinating more and being more disorganized.

Anyway, INFPs are primarily known as idealists because they put a lot of weight into their values and the things they believe in. This is ultimately a difficult reality because the world is often at odds with an INFPs beliefs. INFPs are usually considered to be one of the most empathetic and loving of the types. They're the pretty much the opposite of the ESTJ, the stereotypical Chad/Boss type that is the societal ideal.

They also have the highest suicide rate, the highest likelihood to divorce/never get married, and the lowest average income. Yeahh.
>>
>>26422002
>They also have the highest suicide rate, the highest likelihood to divorce/never get married, and the lowest average income. Yeahh

then what are the good points?
>>
>>26422002
According to the test I am an INFP.
I and P apply to me but N and F not at all. Dunno if I should trust this.
>>
File: INFP.png (333 KB, 1172x666) Image search: [Google]
INFP.png
333 KB, 1172x666
>>26421678
>being INFP is the worst shit of all time

Literally this, forever on suicide watch with us.
>>
>>26422085
They're one of the most artistic types, I suppose.
http://www.celebritytypes.com/infp.php
Many, many of the great writers and philosophers were typed as INFPs. So all that emotional passion you have, well, it makes great art! haha

>>26422115
Then you probably didn't do the test well. Maybe you should take it again? Some people don't know themselves very well and mistype themselves.
>>
File: paypay.jpg (10 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
paypay.jpg
10 KB, 250x238
>>26422002
>They also have the highest suicide rate, the highest likelihood to divorce/never get married, and the lowest average income.
but at least I have my dreams
>>
File: mamisan.png (319 KB, 633x814) Image search: [Google]
mamisan.png
319 KB, 633x814
>>26421766
>INFPs can have a purity, a simplicity rarely found in other types.
and nobody likes that in boys, especially when they're as scared and shy and anxious as I am

sensitivity and empathy is not a desired trait in men. to succeed you gotta be tough and ruthless when it counts, or a creative.
>>
>>26421400
>hate myself but love everyone else even though I hate them too
>just get fucked up and ignore the constant pain I feel for everyone and everything

being infp is true suffering. I want to die.
>>
I'm probably ISFP. Couldn't be INFP or INTP so this is what's left.
>>
>>26422210
>INFP couple
Sounds so beautiful.
>>
>>26422162
I suppose so, yeah. We're pretty fucked in a lot of ways. But I wouldn't give the positive parts of me away for anything.

Generally, I tend to see that most infps are pretty jaded and unhappy with being an infp, which is kinda sad. INFPs have a pretty unique perspective that helps a lot of society keep its humanity.

>>26422210
Yeah, I agree. Oftentimes I feel pretty rejected because of my INFP traits that include a lot of compassion, sensitivity, and attachment. It really sucks. I've lost count how many times people have lost respect for me after I've revealed my intense emotions. But, hey, I guess I'm okay with being this way since I value my identity and know having these traits isn't a bad thing.

And hope, anon. Just keep on hoping you'll run into those who can appreciate you for the terrific person you are. So we wait for a better day.

>>26422182
This was my post but forgot to put OP in the name.
>>
>>26421766
Hey, thanks for cheering me up, m8. This meant a lot, even if it was only a comment on a obscure polinesian forum.
>>
>>26422182
But... only a handful of people can have a successful career as artist. That's unfair. Then I suspect INFP are really happy. The ones who doesn't suicide.
>>
>>26422201
I know this is sarcastic but you have brilliant dreams, anon, I'm sure! I think an INFPs destiny in life is to find that special position/place in life that they can make use of their dreams to the fullest. I suppose it's a never-ending process.

>>26422280
Yeah. I get overwhelmed with positive and negative feelings all the time. But this is as much a gift as it is a curse. Great INFPs have affected and changed history through these emotions. And you can too!

>>26422280
ISFPs are cool. They're pretty artistic I think, but I'm not so informed on them.

>>26422303
haha that's the goal someday, my friend.

>>26422308
No problem - it was my pleasure.
>>
>>26422363
You don't have to be an artist. You can be in another occupation that requires empathy. Perhaps a counselor, a therapist, a mediator, teacher - anything really. Maybe something involving animals.

Just because INFPs are known for their art doesn't mean they have to be pigeonholed into that type of person. INFPs are unique people, there's probably unique positions in life we're not even aware of that could work.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 640x512
>Tfw ENTP
>Constantly searching for people to discuss and argue shit with
>Nobody looks as deeply as I do
>Nobody wants to talk as much as I do

>Everyone likes me for my charisma but sometimes feel like I've reduced myself to a court jester to make people happy because nobody will talk to me about shit like I want

Definition of feeling lonely surrounded by people.
Nobody seems to care as much as I do
Struggle to pickup on emotions because apparently I'm a dick that doesnt care about feelings

I dont fuckin know m8s
>>
I feel too slow and ultimately bitter over the past five years to be infp

I was excruciatingly polite and then I just... stopped. I don't understand why leaving high school coincides with that; I enjoyed myself a great deal in casual commmunity college given how relaxed and interesting the subject matter felt in comparison to the trudging work of high school. I don't think I've ever even had a close friend that would consider me as such in kind.

to top that off I've always felt slow and I feel like I'm a burden on everyone no matter what I try to do and I hate it
>>
File: unsheaths katana.png (439 KB, 493x489) Image search: [Google]
unsheaths katana.png
439 KB, 493x489
>>26422488
>>Nobody looks as deeply as I do
>>
Hey, the second reply in this >>26422413
post was supposed to be for you >>26422229.
>Yeah. I get overwhelmed with positive and negative feelings all the time. But this is as much a gift as it is a curse. Great INFPs have affected and changed history through these emotions. And you can too!

Sorry, it's kinda confusing replying to so many people, haha.
>>
>>26421400
>Feeling
>No sensing
Why live?
>>
>>26422473
INFP in medschool here. I really like the idea of helping others, I love talking to a patient, I want to be the person they can trust on. Definitely not all INFPs need to work with art, but they can hace it as a hobby.
>>
>>26422488
Another quality post, oozing of self-awareness and intelligence, brought to you by a smartphone user and image.jpg
>>
ENFP here, its pretty great desu. Apparently im border enfp & entp
>>
>>26422515
>>26422587

Robots be mad tonight
>>
>>26422605
don't make cringeworthy posts and you'll get serious replies
>>
>>26422618

Who said I wanted serious replies? Just chill
>>
>>26422488
Hey, honestly I really like ENTPs. They're very novel and interesting people with a lot to add in discussions. Sometimes talking to them is like verbal sparring - which is honestly a lot of fun!

But yeah, I feel I can understand where you're coming from. People often go for the late-night show, the dazzling performance, the venue. An ENTP sometimes doesn't get that emotional connection they need I suppose.

You seem to give off a lot of passion. My suggestion is keep on searching, always search with your endless intensity, for those who will understand your passion. Those that can be on the same level. In a way, you're looking a lot for what INFPs are searching for, just in a different light.

Maybe find some INFPs to befriend. I know that INFPs and ENTPs tend to get along really well, as they both appreciate unique viewpoints.

>>26422508
You're a person. Don't forget that. Every person has value. You just got jaded; it happens. But if you look back, maybe you'll remember why you were polite, and who says you need to keep being polite anyway?

You can still be you and happy even as a different person. It's about accepting one's self despite everything.

I suggest some reflection. Look inward and think: Why did I change? What do I want to be? And who am I right now?

This is self-loathing, anon. Once you come to terms with your person, you will not feel like a burden anymore.
>>
>>26422678
>Just chill
you're the one getting worked up
>>
>>26422685
>Every person has value.
that's not true

i try to see the goodness in everybody but not everybody has goodness to see
>>
>>26422533
Explain more anon. What bothers you about this?

>>26422555
That's great anon! Yeah, INFPs can accomplish great things not only in the arts. That's pretty inspiring you're in med school and still keeping up with it.

>>26422588
Nice. I'm happy that you're happy. Though that makes me wonder why you're on this board of all places if you're so glad haha
>>
>>26422711

>Worked up

You are correct I am fuming. Can you tell by the way I greentexted?
>>
File: 1427004074211.jpg (10 KB, 282x355) Image search: [Google]
1427004074211.jpg
10 KB, 282x355
>tfw INTP
>tfw seriously thinking about being homeless instead of working

If I'm a hobo, I'm free to do what I want. If I work a job, I am beholden to someone's schedule and expectation.

Doing what I want is my #1
>>
>>26422210
I'm an INFP and I think we can manage our problems with the other/same sex by being a little more lewd than the usual. I noticed that we usually end up boring to death our interlocutors, because we're always thinking about not hurting their feelings.
I got a couple of nudes by being bolder than I usually am, and people like being complimented so much it's scary how much they lower their defences.
>>
>>26422775
good god dude, just be a NEET

there is nothing glamorous about the homeless life, don't let movies trick you. you're not free to do what you want. you're a slave to every scrap and handout you can get.
>>
>>26421400
Which Brigg's Meyers personality is most predisposed towards suicide?
>>
>>26422730
>not everybody has goodness
But the fact that they're human beings means they deserve at least some compassion.

I mean, a lot of people say robots don't deserve compassion. And what I see is just a lot of misunderstood, lonely, embittered people who are looking for a way out and can't find it. Despite their lack of accomplishments, they deserve compassion because they are human beings.

Also if I sound cheesy, just blame the Saturday-morning cartoons. I think I fried my brain watching them as a kid and now their morals are ingrained into my mind.
>>
>>26422775

If freedom to you is the freedom to go without food warmth and shelter, then go ahead anon
>>
>>26422678
>who said I wanted serious replies?

You did in this post here

>>26422488
>>
>>26422685
I'll try to remember since I'm tired enough to not toss and turn all night over it off four hours sleep, thanks man
>>26422730
my scumbag gay-ass AIDS addled literally laughed when someone caught it from him uncle died and I still cried when it happened

I wanted to believe that one of the few people that was honest with me about his opinion (no matter how brazen) had some shred of humanity in him before he bit the dust but damn he couldn't live long enough to change his one-way ticket to hell if there is such a thing
>>
>>26422775
More power to you anon.

>>26422812
Dunno if you're meming since I already answered this but yeah: INFPs are the best sudoku-square makers if you catch my drift.
>>
>>26422843

Point out the exact point I asked for serious replies on a himaylayan pottery board and wasnt just venting anon. Pls

>>26422685

Thanks anon, I appreciate what you're saying and I agree. I think I am just looking for people that give off that same spark

Im passionate. Maybe too passionate.
Maybe I just need someone as passionate as me
>>
INFPs the only way to stop your suffering is to forget that you are one.
>>
>>26423001
aww astrological stuff is so fun though
I can always comfort myself knowing I can ask a girl what her sign is with a certain tone to my voice and her eyes roll WITHOUT FAIL. It's hilarious!
>>
>>26423001
Damn, why does everyone hate being INFP so much? I really enjoy it besides of how it's an incredibly painful existence (most of the time). And if you forget who you are, then you're forgetting the most important part of yourself: you. Never give up that, anon, never.
>>
>>26423001
No, to deny your own nature is just going to make you more miserable. You have to accept your failures. This is easy to write, but very hard to do.
>>
I'm an INFP. I'm a lot stronger than the type description reads out, though, and I'm engaged. My fiancee tells me she tests as either INTJ or ENTP.
>>
>>26423371
Never mind, she just took the test and is ENTP. Makes sense, as she is very assertive. She basically chased and acquired me.
>>
>>26423371
Cool. What's the relationship with your fiance like considering she's an NT type?
>>
I appreciate your sincerity, OP.

I don't even know how to be sincere anymore. I feel like I have two modes in an on-off switch:
>"making everything a joke because opening myself up and being vulnerable is terrifying"
and
>"spilling my feelings while crying my eyes out"
>>
>>26423421
We talk about things a lot - politics, religion, social issues. She likes that I have my own opinion and don't just blindly follow her (apparently she is very persuasive)

She doesn't seem to be very emotional at all. Like, she can read people, but not in the way I can. She deduces things about people that I don't notice and don't care to notice, but I can just feel when someone is a bad person.
>>
>>26423059
>>26423069
Right, you shouldn't deny your own nature. Is being an INFP your nature? It isn't. Being YOU is your nature. Honestly I don't take MBTI for a grain of salt. You can do anything beyond the bounds of what your type says you can't. As for failures and flaws, just stop being so obsessed with them. Everyone knows what depression feels like, to be alone, to be different. We just don't constantly think about it. No one wants be around a perfect person. We want to be with the guy who doesn't care what people think of them because he wants to live the life he wants and be the person he wants to be.
>>
File: 1444547430193.jpg (135 KB, 1000x783) Image search: [Google]
1444547430193.jpg
135 KB, 1000x783
>>26423490
>tfw you are constantly sarcastic
>tfw you detach yourself from your feelings just so you can stop crying yourself to sleep.
>>
>>26423490
People often exist on two polar planes on this website, usually due to previous negative experiences in real life.

Ultimately anon, if you're in the state you say you're at right now, it will be difficult to change. Human relationships usually are a gradual thing, so if you can only bounce between two extremes, it'll be hard. I suggest taking small steps. Steps so small they wouldn't even make marks in the sand. If you want to open up just a bit, casually say something that'll reveal just a small part of you. Have it be so small it won't bother you and won't be noticeable to the other. If you keep doing this, eventually they will know much more about you and you won't have to go to one of the two extremes. This'll eventually condition you toward opening up too!

Not sure if that'll work but its worth a shot, anon.

>>26423532
I'll admit a lot of myers-briggs is just post-horoscope mumbo-jumbo, but some of it is helpful when it comes to introspection and getting to know yourself better. You shouldn't let it define you and you definitely shouldn't obsess over it, but not allowing yourself to give it a shot is a little stubborn.

Even though I seem to know a lot about myers-briggs, I rarely focus on it, it's just knowledge I've gained slowly over the years due to curiosity.
>>
File: meowsock.jpg (535 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
meowsock.jpg
535 KB, 1536x2048
>ISFJ
>boring caring doormat drone
>>
>>26423719
Hey!! Both my parents are ISFJs. They're amazing.

They're empathetic /and/ very down-to-earth. Kinda like a reverse-INFP. Honestly that's a really helpful type of person to have in this modern age. I'd be your friend.

I know a lot of anons who consider ISFJ to be the ideal-type in a partner too.
>>
>>26423719
At least you arent a murderer
>>
File: 1450156493431.jpg (56 KB, 645x716) Image search: [Google]
1450156493431.jpg
56 KB, 645x716
BUILT TO FEEEEEEEEEL
>>
File: care.gif (817 KB, 500x230) Image search: [Google]
care.gif
817 KB, 500x230
>>26423784
>keep a lot of online friends and help them whenever possible
>they keep me around and like me despite being completely B O R I N G

I like it when they dump their issues onto me and don't bother to ask about how I feel.

>I'd be your friend.
You're probably a feelings goblin, shoo shoo. You probably want me to open up and stuff.
>>
>>26423959
Don't be so critical of yourself. You're obviously really likable if everyone talks to you. If they tell you their problems, then that's actually a really good thing - it means people trust in your character!

And if they don't ask how you feel, well, I guess you can take the initiative and tell them about it. Sometimes people are pretty oblivious to others' problems, but that doesn't mean they don't care. People can be unaware sometimes; they just need a little nudge in the right direction.

>you probably want me to open up and stuff
Only if you want to. This is a thread where you can do it. haha
>>
File: 1455229746019.png (438 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
1455229746019.png
438 KB, 600x580
>INFP

no fucking way are there real people who act like this?

HAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAAAAHHAHAHAAHHAAHHHAAAHHAHAHAAHA
>>
File: 1454545809995.png (238 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1454545809995.png
238 KB, 512x384
>>26424152
I prefer it most of the time when they don't ask about me. It's why I come to /r9k. I like to talk to sad people on here and sometimes they open up. Most appreciate it and it feels good.
>>
File: Vtb90px.jpg (2 MB, 1200x1553) Image search: [Google]
Vtb90px.jpg
2 MB, 1200x1553
I used to be so empathetic when I was a kid but I feel like I've become cynical and lost it. I'm also confused, I don't even know what my own values are. I'm also into music, but maybe I'm not creative enough, I've only written like one thing and I haven't even finished it yet. Maybe I am creative but I just have no motivation for anything.

I'm just tired
>>
File: 1455081460402.jpg (49 KB, 959x542) Image search: [Google]
1455081460402.jpg
49 KB, 959x542
INTJ

fuck you robot
>>
>>26421400
can I be INFP
and a
junkie escort money bitch whore neet?
>>
File: 1448768202397.jpg (207 KB, 1007x1132) Image search: [Google]
1448768202397.jpg
207 KB, 1007x1132
Any other INFPs going to be alone for Valentine's?
>>
File: 1369519633891.png (28 KB, 645x778) Image search: [Google]
1369519633891.png
28 KB, 645x778
>>26424437

yes i am
>tfw only ever had a gf on valentine's day once, and she was 3,000 miles away
>>
>>26424338
Lethargy kills creativity, but the accompanying depression will only strengthen it after it has been overcome.

Anon, I'm sure you're young and have much ahead of you. Spend these early years focusing on yourself, improving yourself, learning about yourself: eventually, one day, the art will come to you. But before then, reflect, reflect, reflect. Let the war rage on in your head but don't fall to the whims of the passing storm, take hold and steer your way through it. Actively focus within, not passively.

I know this because I've been in your position. It took me years to get out of a creative dead-end that was suffocating me from my creativity. I eventually reached a point where I was ready and then did it. It's hard, but you /will/ make it, anon.
>>
File: 1453945368579.png (119 KB, 281x440) Image search: [Google]
1453945368579.png
119 KB, 281x440
>>26424437
Every year, my man.
>>
>>26421400
INFP representing. Its a lonely world boys.
>>
>>26424410
Yeah sure. Do you. I believe in your junkie escort money-making bitchy whore abilities of the neet-kind.

>>26424437
Yup. I am the alone.

P.S. I really like NHK. And now that you bring it up, Satou was actually typed as an introverted feeler in the show, which means he's either an INFP or ISFP.
>>
>>26422002
>They also have the highest suicide rate, the highest likelihood to divorce/never get married, and the lowest average income.

This hit me way harded than I thought it would.
>>
>>26424437
everyone told me to watch NHK because it's a robot show or whatever and it just depressed me even more
>>
File: 1437954090441.jpg (32 KB, 408x436) Image search: [Google]
1437954090441.jpg
32 KB, 408x436
>>26421400
That feel when you feel like your friends don't genuinely care about you or appreciate you enough, so you give them the cold shoulder a few times and watch them disappear.

>tfw filter them out so well, I have no more friends.
>>
File: 1452897594249.jpg (173 KB, 786x576) Image search: [Google]
1452897594249.jpg
173 KB, 786x576
>>26424484
Thank you for your advice, I appreciate your empathy. It just, I've got all the music stuff and I haven't really done anything with it. It makes me feel like a fool. God why is it so easy for some people? Maybe I should just wait for that "right moment"... But then that just feels like I'm putting it off
>>
>>26424344
>INTJ
That's a common type on 4chan.
Hope you have a good day.

>>26424530
Welcome.

>>26424437
>>26424479
>>26424491
If you're at all lonely, you can email me at [email protected]. I'm willing to be friends with any of you and with any type. Also I'm obviously not a girl so don't get your hopes up in that respect lol
>>
>>26424622
It's not a happy show, it doesn't even have a happy ending.

But it's still a great show because it points out all the fallacies and failings of NEETs that hold them back from becoming better people, and Satou realizes a lot of them by the end.
>>
File: 1439626906336.jpg (185 KB, 754x1024) Image search: [Google]
1439626906336.jpg
185 KB, 754x1024
>>26424624
I forgot to include that I am an INFP, but am also am an fat ugly abused girl with daddy issues, lol ;_;
>>
>>26424674
he gets a manic pixie girl to come save him

and then he gets addicted to her like a drug and ends up worse than he started
>>
>>26421400
ISTJ checking in. Welcome to the real world faggot.
>>
istp
what am i doing here
>>
File: 1430614844652.jpg (66 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1430614844652.jpg
66 KB, 722x349
>tfw trans and INFP

sometimes i feel like the universe brought me into existence just to prove to me i can't handle it.
like reality is trying to show me exactly why i can't deal with it every second of my life, and proving to me why i was an idiot to ever allow myself to live
>>
>>26424622
It was depressing show that was also comforting. It showed me I wasn't alone when it came to anxiety and depression.

>>26424624
I'll be your friend, anon. Tell me about yourself.

>>26424596
Heyy, uh, don't forget we also have some of the coolest famous people here: http://www.celebritytypes.com/infp.php

I guess you can say we're the prototypical tortured artist.

>>26424625
I'm a sort of flakey person so I believe in "passion" and "inspiration" and (like you said) "the right moment", but that doesn't work for everyone. I don't wanna just give you the "discipline" routine because telling someone to "get discipline" is stupid-ass advice: the problem is there isn't much more advice in this area I can give you.

Art is art, my man. It comes and goes. I can't even begin to explain it. Your time will come, you just need to wait. That doesn't mean you should be slothful about it. Always think about it; always focus on it. Don't forget it - keep pumping yourself up for it and eventually you'll end up doing it without thinking.
>>
File: 1447919462334.png (2 MB, 1198x1042) Image search: [Google]
1447919462334.png
2 MB, 1198x1042
>>26423719
>ISFJ
>selfless caring third-person perspective with a backbone
>>
>>26424748
Classic ISTJ

>>26424749
i dont know what ur doin here too m8
Haha, share a feel or just observe.

>>26424758
If the universe really did that, then fuck the universe. Give the universe a big wedgie or something. Okay, how about this: sometimes, anonette, you gotta look at life like a game. (Don't get lost in this metaphor, mind you.) What I'm saying is that, look at it as a challenge. Don't let it beat you. You're an INFP, and if I know anything about INFPs, they like a story. View life like /your/ story that you have to overcome so you can get the happy ending. Because INFPs are all about happy endings, right?

Prove to the universe you can handle it.
>>
>>26424810
I usually do think about it, its really the only thing I have going for me other than uni (hahahaha). I tend to write little verses and stuff pretty easily but it just feels like a chore putting everything together into a song. I think lethargy is the perfect word actually, I feel like I'm close to depression right now but not quite. I was depressed last winter and it was awful, it didn't make me more creative, it just drained me. But thank you, I think during my reading week next week I'm going to force myself to finish my song.
>>
Tell me about your perceptions/stereotypes of each type, robots.
>>
>>26424810
I appreciate it, but I can't just "make friends" with people. I have to have some weird emotional connection to them or else the friendship doesn't feel genuine. Like those acquaintance friendships you make at work or school just to make the time pass by faster. I hate having to make those, so I wear dark cloths and don't look at people. Apparently I'm "disengaged" and "aloof", which is fine by me. I'm just a picky egocentric jerk who doesn't deserve to be understood. (^:,

What about you anon? What do other INFPs on this board do, what do they think about life around them? How long have you been here, and what are you doing to try and get out of this endless cycle of misery?
>>
>tfw INFP

who am I kidding though? the train is long gone and I'm still waiting in the fucking cold for a miracle to happen. oh well.

how do you deal with miscommunication, INFP friends? this one is especially hard for me and I never can get my point across if they cut me off at a crucial point.
>>
>>26424910

>View life like /your/ story that you have to overcome

That's basically all that keeps me going. The idea that i could prove the universe wrong and do it. I often view my life as a weird and interesting narrative. The plot and characters are always pretty engaging, even if life gets hard. There's a profound feeling in looking at your life and being like "this happened to me". It can be pretty hard though, as I'm sure you know.
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. This is possibly the best a response to one of my posts on 4chan has ever made me feel

>>26425041

>I never can get my point across if they cut me off at a crucial point

This is the WORST. People always end up cutting me off before I can fully explain something, just as I'm about to get to an important detail. Even if I get to it, people usually don't bother paying enough attention to notice it. I find that the point I want to stress the most is often the one that people pay the least amount of attention to
>>
File: poohsmug.jpg (55 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
poohsmug.jpg
55 KB, 640x640
>>26421400
>tfw ENTJ master race.
>>
I took this test and I'm an ENFP

So are Bill Cosby and so was Robin Williams. Should I be worried?
>>
File: 1435676606135.jpg (67 KB, 1080x885) Image search: [Google]
1435676606135.jpg
67 KB, 1080x885
>>26424975
INFP: masters of /abstractfeels/
ENFP: slightly misguided but still real
INFJ: the relatable, sensible version of an INTJ
INTJ: iron doors of deep feelings that I feel the urge to pry open for whatever reason
ENFJ: scary things
ENTJ: even more scary than an ENFJ
ISTJ: old-fashioned, but good values, also relatable

Everything else: normie

ISFJs: insane, brown-nosed gossipers who are everything wrong with the world
>>
File: tmp_8375-1452645894528-29639865.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8375-1452645894528-29639865.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>26421400
Are you a girl? Guys don't actually ever get an f do they? Can you even call yourself a man with an f?
>>
>infj
>act like other types to fit in
>usually my cover is ditzy infp that people can comfortably make fun of
>sucks but it works

So whats it like actually being that ditzy infp ive always been curious
>>
>>26425133
Oh, forgot INTPs. True-neutral devil's advocates, but quirky and offbeat in the good way. Definitely not normo.
>>
>>26425152

it's usually done as a self deprecating parody of one's personality
it's a defense against criticism, but also a test to others, to see which ones can see through it
you fail to do this

>J

yeah, that's why
>>
>>26425073
>This is the WORST. People always end up cutting me off before I can fully explain something, just as I'm about to get to an important detail. Even if I get to it, people usually don't bother paying enough attention to notice it. I find that the point I want to stress the most is often the one that people pay the least amount of attention to

I relate to that. I'm really tired of trying to please somebody when they don't even wanna be friends at this point. part of the problem is that they are too engaged in work or other personal affairs and then some half-way stranger comes along and tries to pull them out of it. that's part of the problem, I think. But if I'd act like I'd constantly try to maintain contact with somebody, they'd grow weary quickly either way. I've been single for way too long. it's been 10 years and trying to actually find a gf now is what I can't even handle because of miscommunication all the damn time. I'm so jaded I feel like staying alone and calling it a day would still be a better option. at least it's a comfort zone I know.
>>
>>26424956
Glad to be of service, my man.

>>26425008
Yeah. A big problem with me is not wanting to engage in social relations with people irl because of the lack of depth. It's something I struggle with everyday. I used to have this problem with people online too, but I pushed through until I was able to feel connections with people online easier.

The thing is, I used to have this retarded notion in my more cringeful days of the "Ultimate Introvert,": someone who stuck to himself and didn't talk to anyone. What I learned was doing that made me even more depressed. There's a great connection between people that guides us in everything we do. We cannot survive without each other.

There's one cure to robotdom that I know of: human connection. I cannot stress this enough. Somehow robots have either scorned it or lost it in some way. The best chance we have at recovering is meeting those who can understand us and encourage us, together. And no, I'm not talking about a bf/gf (though that can work too); I'm talking about friendship. After all, isn't the antithesis of loneliness other people?

>what do you do
I waste most of my time on this board, and when I'm not I write a bit.

I know how dumb this sounds, but I want to write a great story about the internet. It's all I really know of and partake in at this point, so it's what I want to do. If I ever publish it it'll probably kill 4chan due to the normie-influx - so I could actually free us all! haha. But really I'm sure everyone on /lit/ has the same ideas as me.
>>
>>26425152
I think I'm an INFP, and I can assure you I'm no ditzo. But I'm not cool enough to be an INFJ, so eh..

What's it like having your head on straight? And by that, I mean your feels.
>>
File: 1451420709365.jpg (467 KB, 1280x1114) Image search: [Google]
1451420709365.jpg
467 KB, 1280x1114
>>26424975
ESTJ - bossy assholes
ESFJ - bitchy whores
ESTP - dumb morons
ESFP - worthless sluts
ISTJ - mindless drones
ISFJ - useless whores
ISTP - pathetic idiots
ISFP - emo whores
ENTJ - try hard faggots
ENFJ - melodramatic twats
ENTP - obnoxious clowns
ENFP - mentally retarded
INTJ - pseudo intellectuals
INFJ - insufferable spastics
INTP - autistic losers
INFP - emotional faggots

from some anon
>>
>>26424910
>View life like /your/ story that you have to overcome so you can get the happy ending. Because INFPs are all about happy endings, right?

Glad I'm not the only person who does this. I wish you all the best in your endeavors fellow MC.
>>
>>26425183

>not being able to tell if people will think that deeply about your behavior immediately

Oh, those P's
>>
>>26421400
INFJ here. How's life treating you?
>>
>>26425219

Sounds about right.

niggerrobot71fujicx
>>
>>26425198

> I'm really tired of trying to please somebody when they don't even wanna be friends at this point. part of the problem is that they are too engaged in work or other personal affairs and then some half-way stranger comes along and tries to pull them out of it. that's part of the problem, I think. But if I'd act like I'd constantly try to maintain contact with somebody, they'd grow weary quickly either way.

I relate to all of that a great deal. Everyone is definitely in their own world that they're caught up in. also about the staying alone bit. i've been pretty convinced that the best thing for me and the people i care about is for me to be alone

>>26425243

i can tell. i just choose to keep it up anyway, because it keeps you away. identity is a performative thing, senpai
>>
>>26425216

Its mostly just like "wow, im a real faggot" but then kind of just accepting that instead of freaking out
>>
>>26425219
>try hard faggots

Yeah, there's a reason we make more money than everyone else.
>>
>>26425283
>I relate to all of that a great deal. Everyone is definitely in their own world that they're caught up in. also about the staying alone bit. i've been pretty convinced that the best thing for me and the people i care about is for me to be alone

yes, thanks for relating and the kind words.
>>
>>26425108
Top Chad. haha

>>26425118
And Jesus and Hitler were INFJs. It doesn't really matter who was which type: either type can be both good and evil, happy or depressed.

>>26425148
Dude, I'm not a man. I'm a man-child.

>>26425152
INFJs are like the "wise-master" type. I really like them. They're exceedingly rare but whenever I meet one they change my life.

And to answer your question I usually play the ditzy INFP among groups of friends I'm around and it's a lot of fun. I rarely give out advice so openly like this, but I'm always there for my friends when it counts. To be honest, I enjoy being slightly immature/ditzy because it's in my nature and I've always believed one should be true to themselves.

>>26425183
Hit the nail on the head.
>>
So i dont know if im an infp or an infj. As far as p vs f goes i definitely act more p but as far as all the descriptions of infj go i definitely fit the bill. But then also do for infp. Help
>>
>>26425359
does it matter? will you change your perception of you who you are or how you act if you're a P or a J?
>>
>>26425203
I keep switching back and forth between that edgy mindset you describe and wanting to be open to others. Maybe I'm just giving up too soon, but it seems when I try to be good or nice people just reject me anyways, and when I'm edgy people want to really be my friend. I have no idea.

How do you not totally despise people, though? I used to think I wanted to help people, but all they want to do is help themselves. Including me; maybe that's why I wanted to help people so much in the first place, was to finally have someone care about me the way I cared about them. But that never came. People get spooked by something you do on accident and then retract away back into the internet where you found them, as if 3 years of friendships didn't matter at all.

I used to want to be a therapist, and help people with those difficult issues that might affect their kids and their kids' kids. But somewhere I realized it was useless. There's too much fucked up about people. Now I just want to exploit their fetishes and sell them art of their furry giantess diaper fantasies for money.

How in the world do you find the energy to keep getting up, after falling down so many times? Just to get knocked over again and again?
>>
>>26425359
Two most commonly confused types. Look at the cognitive functions that'll give you a good idea of which is more like you. Had the same issue. Did this and realized I'm INFJ.
>>
File: 1441926244398.png (14 KB, 317x317) Image search: [Google]
1441926244398.png
14 KB, 317x317
>>26425288
That sounds peaceful.

Teach me the ways, fellow NF.
>>
>>26425329

you're very welcome. thanks for posting, because it helps to see that other people deal with similar issues. i wish you all the best, anon

>>26425343

thank you
>>
>>26425372

Kind of? It's nice to fit in somewhere i guess.
>>
I've given up on trying to fix people.

Can't even fix myself.
>>
>>26425041
Being an INFP is hard because you have so many cool thoughts going on in your head. We have intense imaginations that cannot be captured in voice or script. So when we try to communicate, it can sometimes get garbled and suck. lol

Really man, if you want to communicate better, you either need to compromise your message (which is always difficult for people like us who live by our convictions) as in you should tone down what you're communicating, or you should continue on searching.

I keep pressing on this. Search, search, search for those who will understand. And hope. That is what will save you.
>>
>>26425401

I did that and its pretty equal on both sides, like i use all those functions
>>
File: 1402596463727.jpg (147 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
1402596463727.jpg
147 KB, 500x730
Can someone please describe introverted and extroverted feeling to me? In layman's terms if you can. An intuition comparison would be nice too, if anyone's feeling up to it.

I just want to understand.
>>
>>26425406
>you're very welcome. thanks for posting, because it helps to see that other people deal with similar issues. i wish you all the best, anon

oh wow, so very kind, a kindness I don't know anymore because nobody around me flaunts it. I don't even know any INFP people IRL, sadly. I wish you the best as well. thank you and cheers to all my INFPbrothers & sisters.
>>
>>26425465
That's pretty crazy then. They're a lot alike if you look at just the description but the cognitive functions show a completely different mindset and how you deal with every day life/decision making. I'd look into it a little more. Maybe you'll find you are a little more like one than the other: )
>>
>>26425442
>Search, search, search for those who will understand. And hope. That is what will save you.

dude, I'm trying, hope and faith are especially important for me but yeah, I guess I need to go through with that ordeal all the way.
>>
>>26421400
ENTJ masterrace here bitches
>>
>>26425544
normie leave, Reeeeee
>>
>>26425470
Introverts: Don't nessecarilly hate people, but don't need to be the center of attention. Often get that "fuck i wish I was home alone right now " feel.

Extroverts: Tend to perfer spending time with others, and a generally are more outapoken.

Traits of each aren't mutually exclusive, but thier frequency defines to two.
>>
>>26425386
Because I hope for a better day.

Okay, I'll tell you a story.

When I was a kid I was kind of a troublemaker. I was really full of life. I wasn't a bad kid, just a curious one. I didn't really think of other people. Anyway, one day I came to a realization.

I was watching a Spider-Man cartoon and saw how the character, no matter what, got up every time he was knocked down. That he always did the right thing even if it was painful. Even if it hurt. I couldn't believe it. Why would someone act like that? I had an epiphany that day, as a kid. And ever since that day I've tried my hardest to do the right thing, because I wanted to be a superhero.

You can be a superhero too, anonette. Haven't you seen enough movies to know that love and goodness conquers all? haha

>>26425436
Don't give up your ideals, OP. Because I know they are the most beautiful thing you have. And you know it too.
>>
>>26425557
What, that's not Fi and Fe senpai. I know what an introvert and extrovert are.
>>
File: Oh+buster_06a729_5668757.jpg (57 KB, 720x546) Image search: [Google]
Oh+buster_06a729_5668757.jpg
57 KB, 720x546
>>26425544
Finally, a fellow ENTJ. How many betas have you cucked this week?
>>
>>26425470
Introverts run on batteries that get depleted when socializing and recharged when alone.

Extroverts run on batteries that get charged by other people and depleted when alone.
>>
>>26425582
introverted and extroverted feeling, what the fuck

didn't I write that? ;_;?
>>
>>26425558
I appreciate the romanticism but.. Man. You're making me wonder if I really am an INFP or not.

Well anyways, thanks for sharing. Gotta be up early. But as long as you have your feels worked out, you're golden.
>>
>>26425516
For instance: your number 1st function if you are an infp is your introverted feeling. That means that you base your decision making largely on your feelings. If you are an infj the 1st function is introverted intuition which is how you view the world and seeing patterns in your thought process. I know I'm shit at explaining it, but all the functions will show you. They're so different on the inside then on the outside appearance.
>>
>>26425635
Okay, night!

Hope I helped a bit.
>>
File: 1451878025908.jpg (754 KB, 1120x1120) Image search: [Google]
1451878025908.jpg
754 KB, 1120x1120
>>26425653
>>26425687
I'm not a hero, though. If anything I'm more the anti-hero, so it seems anyways.

I think it's a lost cause to be explaining that stuff to me, but I still appreciate it. Your heart's in a good place senpai. Here, have a cute lizard friend.
>>
>>26425579
>tfw you're ENTJ and would be a chad if not for being a 5'5 manlet
>>
>>26425654

Do you mean like thinking things through based on patterns? Cause that's usually what i do. Stuff like "they're this type of person, so they'll do this" is usually how i go about it. That's more infj then?
>>
>>26425732
Oh, you're still here? lol I deleted that one post because I thought you had already gone to bed.

Thanks for the Tonberry! I have a plushie of one in my room, heheh.

And it isn't a lost cause, because I would go on all night until you understand and see the light again! lmao
>>
File: why face.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
why face.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>>26425321
>enjoying the fact that you can relate to Trump
It's like you're trying to look like an asshole
>>
>>26421400
OP, you remind me of Wander. One of his quotes is "never hurts to help".
>>
>>26425862
Oh, what Wander is from?

At first I thought you meant the edgy main character from Shadow of the Colossus, but I realized that couldn't be right.
>>
>>26425847
>posting an image of the cuckiest man in The Office

Stay mad, ESFJ.
>>
>>26425752
I'm not necessarily an expert on all of it. Its also hard for me to explain fully myself over text. But you have 4 cognitive functions for each personality. Mine is a lot different from an infp, though for a while I wasn't sure on which I was as well. Its something to look into if your interested :) knowing both types, you'll definitely be interested. Once you see each types 4 cognitive functions and what those mean, you will have a good grasp of which type you identify with more as a human being. Good luck comrade.
>>
>>26425900
He's from Wander Over Yonder, you might like the cartoon. He's really idealistic and he always wins in a way.
>>
File: yang-620x.jpg (21 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
yang-620x.jpg
21 KB, 620x350
>>26425932
Sounds like me. Except I rarely win.
haha
>>
>>26425968
Winning is partially in the mind I guess.
>>
File: 19837741.jpg (103 KB, 800x666) Image search: [Google]
19837741.jpg
103 KB, 800x666
>>26425997
And I only partially have a mind.
>>
File: nervous pepe.jpg (8 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
nervous pepe.jpg
8 KB, 250x236
>>26425906
>one letter off
>>
>>26426127
ISTJ or ESFP?
>>
>>26426127
ENFJ actually, but I'm actually doubting it a bit. I feel like I'm more of an INFJ or even an ESTP
>>
File: 1453758437382.png (179 KB, 1024x946) Image search: [Google]
1453758437382.png
179 KB, 1024x946
>>26425470
Fe manifests itself as outward emotional expression, for example relating to another person emotionally, or having moral reasoning that manifests itself as a reaction to outward stimuli
Fi manifests itself as inward emotional expression, for example emotionally processing something you've experienced and developing ideals based off of it, or having moral reasoning that looks internally

Fe looks to others for emotional processing
Fi looks inside
>>
>>26422162
I wish Jim Morrison didn't just stab my soul ffrom the grave with that top quote. Fuck
>>
File: 1446364196812.jpg (22 KB, 349x344) Image search: [Google]
1446364196812.jpg
22 KB, 349x344
>be ISTJ drone
>get extremely mad at myself when I think people are disappointed or dissatisfied with me
>even when they actually aren't, I still flip out on myself to the point of crying for hours
Nothing else phases me, robots. Public speaking, death, even losing loved ones don't affect me in the slightest because I grew up in a funeral home my family owned.
How do I get rid of this trigger so I can be more thick skinned? I don't want to be completely apathetic to scolding, but I just want to stop taking it personally.
>>
File: what.png (30 KB, 1012x606) Image search: [Google]
what.png
30 KB, 1012x606
>>26422002
>I'm going to let 4 letters put me down and give in waaaah
>>
File: 1451176971458.png (159 KB, 632x571) Image search: [Google]
1451176971458.png
159 KB, 632x571
Any INFP's stop feeling anything for others? Or at least fool yourself into thinking so
>don't care at all about my friend's problems
>still always ask about them
>think I have no more empathy
>get devastated when even a single person doesn't like me
I'm not sure if I'm just numb or a different type who's desperate for companionship despite hating it
>>
>>26422815
What would society be without saturday-morning cartoons to spur on our naivety from an early age
>>
File: 1453618610768.gif (1 MB, 460x570) Image search: [Google]
1453618610768.gif
1 MB, 460x570
who /INFP and afraid of everyone and everything/ here
>>
>>26426418

God, yes. I was thinking about this recently. People seem to only talk to me when they're very sad about something, and I end up not wanting to make it about myself, so I never actually get to talk about how I'm feeling with anyone. And when I do, they don't really care

lately i just want someone to shut up and listen to what i'm dealing with for once. i feel really shitty about myself, because if i knew that anyone i cared about felt this way when i talk to them, it would crush me

I'm really good at pretending to care, listening, and offering support. when people do talk to me they tell me i'm so great yadda yadda yadda

but no one ever actually wants to spend time with me. i'm the last resort for everyone to talk to
>>
>>26421400
I'm an ENTP. One of my best friends in high school was an INFP. He was one of the few people who saw past my invective and argumentativeness. We had fun together since when we talked, we didn't really put boundaries on anything. But I still hurt his feelings often, apparently, and he never showed it. We would school just to climb trees and buildings.
>>
>>26422002
sounds like you guys should be killing yourselves tbqh. remove garbage genes familia
>>
>>26426535
ditch school*
>>
>>26426397
All right, you're an ISTJ.
Now, they aren't my realm of expertise, but from what I know, they value work and productivity.
You're also a human, so to some extent you must value validation from others.
Like many robots, you have to come to realize that your worth is only partially created by others and by what you do. There is also a intrinsic and good part of you that nobody can take away through judgement. Just the fact that you show pain when concerned about other people's opinions shows this intrinsic goodness and your ability to be aware of others.

What you could do to change is to think about yourself. Take up a hobby - you don't even have to do that. But do anything. Don't focus on what other people think of you. Just find something you like about yourself. And when you're having trouble, think of that think you like and/or are good at and remind yourself that you aren't bad because of what one person said about you.

>>26426418
I find it sad that people are always trying to kill their emotions. You can't really, usually, but people try to: they want to protect themselves. This kind of thinking is littered all over r9k. And all it does is reduce the pain yet make things even lonelier in the long run. It sucks.

>>26426464
Yeah, sometimes it takes me thirty minutes just to get the courage to talk to someone in real life.

>>26426517
I'd spend time with you.
>>
>>26426535
That's a really sweet story, anon. ENTPs and INFPs usually tend to understand each other on a profound level.

>>26426624
Also, yikes, dem typos and grammar errors in that post. Well I hope I got my message across, ISTJ.
>>
File: 1443042543293.jpg (313 KB, 1275x2200) Image search: [Google]
1443042543293.jpg
313 KB, 1275x2200
>>26426624
I didn't try to or want to
I've just been suffering from depression since before I hit puberty
Got bullied as a kid by classmates, teachers, and my parents, and I grew up in a broken, albeit wealthy, home
It just takes a toll on you I guess

>>26426517
I have it the opposite here anon
I tell my problems to people I know and they just don't care and never have any input to offer other than a sad face emote
Yet they rarely come to me with their problems despite how I want them to
>>
>>26426738
"Try" or "Want" were bad terms to use. I'm sorry. I know you can't help it. I'm getting kinda sleepy so my posts aren't as clear.

Is there anything I can do to help you in any way?
>>
File: myer jung type.png (111 KB, 1167x873) Image search: [Google]
myer jung type.png
111 KB, 1167x873
>>26426793
I doubt it, nobody else has been able to. Though it was kind of nice to see that there was someone who was in a similar situation, ie >>26426517
You probably should get some sleep, anon. You can always make another thread tomorrow.
>>
File: 1454094290891.png (391 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1454094290891.png
391 KB, 600x800
>>26427062
I can understand that and I'm not really in any place to lecture since its midnight and I dont plan on sleeping either

On a pro side for it, however, beds are really warm.
And if you have a smart phone you can talk to people on 4chan until you pass out
>>
I am an infp
Fellow warning to fellow infps - look out for psychopaths.they prey on people like us
>>
>>26427136
Beds *are* warm. And yeah, I have a smart phone.

But the late-nights are always the hardest. I'm too restless to go to bed, but it's too late to really go and do much of anything. So I just lie around thinking about the day. Sometimes I have good thoughts and sometimes I have bad ones.

It's during times like these where I wonder if I'll find my INFP paradise someday, y'know...

I don't even know what it'd be but I know it'd be great. Just great.

>>26427260
Yeah, maybe. But maybe we can help the psychopaths too.
>>
Hey guys i am INFP, i really strongly identify with it too. I've felt lonely and alone for a lot of my life

My best friend is a classic INTJ and we really connect. He's difficult for a lot of people but being so empathetic means i can 'see' him a lot more than others.
>>
>>26427396
I really hope you're able to reach that paradise, anon, whatever it is

If you want tips for getting to sleep, I find just laying in the bed, even if you're on your phone the entire time, will put you to sleep eventually

I completely get having thoughts about the day/other things rushing around in your head at night. I think its kind of comfy in a way, to just sit there and reflect on things
>>
nice pseudoscience dude
>>
>>26428024
ty for the bump
>>
>>26428124
good job on 1st page indexing an anime loser board for 25 secs dude
>>
>>26428159
ty for yet another bump
>>
>>26422413
Yea I think the bulk of our lives are spent trying to figure out what the fuck we want to do with ourselves. Then after that there's doing it and staying consistent and motivated..... -__-

I'm an INFP and a Pisces so I'm really indecisive and struggling with that. The problem for me is I'm too creative. I can draw, make music, write, etc but I don't know what I want to put all of myself into, I don't even know where all of me is some days.. I just got fired from the best job I've ever had recently and it's only adding to all of this.
>>
File: 1446288288980.gif (2 MB, 350x174) Image search: [Google]
1446288288980.gif
2 MB, 350x174
>tfw hate people and can't feel empathy but making someone laugh or smile makes me feel amazing
It's a fucking bizarre feel
>>
>>26428756
Sorry to step on your snowflake but you've just been repressing your emotions
>>
Recently found another infp in real life and its great. We read each other perfectly and know exactly what to do or say to each other when we are struggling. Its great. Im noticeably less depressed and anxious since meeting him.
>>
>>26428866
Any idea why I might do that or how to stop/fix it?
>>
>>26428941
Where did you find him?
>>
File: 1454996406620.jpg (101 KB, 513x486) Image search: [Google]
1454996406620.jpg
101 KB, 513x486
Fellow INFP going to sleep now, had a blast reading you guys.

By the way, I have started drawing occasionally, trying to compose stuff on FL Studio and making things on Sony Vegas. So much to digest at once, but it feels nice exploring new horizons, as shallow as they are (for the time being, at least.) I feel that my limited technique is holding me back from expressing/transmitting the ideas that are constantly flowing through my mind, which is kinda doleful.
>>
>>26429020
Try not burning yourself out by doing so much at once
>>
>>26421400
hi INFP too

>>26421678
fk yeah we're the worst woo
>>
>>26428959
I went through something similar. Chances are something made you shut down emotionally when you were younger so I'd say try and address whatever that might be. You'd be better off talking to a therapist though.
>>
Who here /borderline intj/entj/?

I feel so lonely
>>
>feel completely fulfilled and ecstatic when I can take a project into my own hands that directly benefits someone or myself
>work hard and get lost in my work when it's fulfilling
>hate working as the results aren't visible except for a paycheck and seeing the boss get a new car
>>
>>26421400
Are we the most useless type?
>>
>>26421400
Are we the most useless type?>>26424708
He has a job by the end
Misaki didn't save him. She brought him down on purpose.
>>
File: 1436836844026.png (319 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1436836844026.png
319 KB, 633x758
>>26421400
ISTP here, I just want to play video games, but life is so horrible. Just dealing with 3DPD is horrible, any and every interaction is fake and forced. I really hate most out of them the loud obnoxious ones who constantly have to have their opinion on the matter said because they're so starved for validation
The worst thing is that every time I give up, something comes up. Like that one South Park episode where Stan's parents get divorced, his whole life is shitty, and then by the end of the episode everything's back to normal

Why can't I just roam space and different planets as a transcended being?
>>
>>26428469
I'm also an INFP and Pisces, happy birthday for when it arrives soon. :)

I have that creative drive also however I think of it like a rusty old wheel. When I haven't used it in a while it's hard to get it to turn but eventually over working on it for a period of time it becomes more habitually ingrained in what I do and it becomes easier.
That euphemism relates to getting over mental illness too.
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.