[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is something else after death, there has got to be, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Children-404_logo.png (42 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Children-404_logo.png
42 KB, 300x300
There is something else after death, there has got to be, I'm not talking about this in a religious sense. I just mean there has to be something. It isn't nothingness. It can't be. The amount of weird shit that happpens can't be justified by coincidence
>>
File: 1405417051719.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1405417051719.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
I agree anon, I am so sick of debating this shit with fedoras though, I hope this thread doesn't devolve into one of those...

In any case, there is literally no reason to suppose that your consciousness isn't absolutely fundamental, how else would I exist?

What are the odds of the universe being EXACTLY the way it was at the beginning for me to be born?

And why would existence have a beginning? Eventually you just have to think of it as an internally consistent whole, it exists relative to itself, and without you there is no reality.

I firmly believe this, and it would explain free will and why computers are not conscious but you are.

I think death will be extremely different, who the fuck knows though.
>>
>>25015362
I hope there is. I really, really, hope there is.

But I just can't make myself believe it.
>>
All things that take place must, will and always have taken place. Living is a perception. Same as death, nothing is a perception. You would have to have existed to experience nothingness . you'll be back, you just wont even know you left in the first place
>>
>>25015362
Near death experiences are neurological, not magical.
>>
>>25015448

>What are the odds of the universe being EXACTLY the way it was at the beginning for me to be born?

It could be Grahams number:1, it doesn't matter, you only experience the one you exist in. You have no idea.
>>
File: 1445966837584.png (45 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
1445966837584.png
45 KB, 229x220
>>25015362
of course there is you ignoragnt atheist
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.