[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I scared of love, robots? >on bus today >chubby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-12.jpg (6 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Gun-12.jpg
6 KB, 250x164
Why am I scared of love, robots?

>on bus today
>chubby qt sits opposite of me
>i'm staring out the windows but make eye contact once or twice to not be autist
>she has big beautiful green eyes
>smiles at me slightly when we meet our gaze
>i return to staring out the window but can see her looking at me through peripheral
>she does the fixing of hair shit and nudges my leg a few times
>i start stressing the fuck out and get off even though it's not my stop

Please help me or kill me.
>>
File: 1372113857908.jpg (40 KB, 1600x1021) Image search: [Google]
1372113857908.jpg
40 KB, 1600x1021
>>25013557

You're probably not scared of love or intimacy in itself, but morbidly afraid to get hurt, because if you opened up, let someone that close to you, it'd be very emotionally taxing if they rejected you.

It's a gamble, most people seem willing to take this risk, and for sure some handle it better than others. Altho I think for many people, once they've gotten into the whole dating and intimacy game, they tend to seek another person out after getting rejected, in an attempt to regain their sense of worth, thus the cycle begins and continues, loads of people go through their lives like this - get together with someone and be happy for a while, eventually one gets tired of the other and they split up, some time passes and they get miserable for being lonely and miss that companionship they had, so they seek another person out, and they're back to being happy for a while - rinse and repeat.

The rare few who live their lives content in solitude are probably the most privileged.
>>
>>25014360
So what should I do mane? Should I try to leave my comfort zone the next time something like this happens? Even if I get rejected I can say "fuck it I tried", but in the moment it's not as easy as that.
>>
>>25014897
Yes op, take the risk
>>
>>25015701
What should I say in this situation to break the ice my senpai?
>>
File: 1379833008821.jpg (686 KB, 1241x800) Image search: [Google]
1379833008821.jpg
686 KB, 1241x800
>>25014897

Indeed, it's not called comfort zone for nothing. If it's someone you just meet somewhere and will probably never see again, then sure why not try stuttering out a few sentences her way, You're probably going to feel like shit afterwards and analyze every word you said at the time and think you deserve the most gruesome torture and violation before killing yourself because you said "how's it going" instead of "how are you doing" or something like that. But it'll pass since you'll never see her again, and I think it might be a good starting point, and there's also the chance that it actually goes well.

>>25016608
For that bus situation... maybe just scribble down your email or phone number and give it to her as you leave. mayhap write something like "I think you're pretty and you seem like a nice person, give me a call if you wanna hang out some day"
>>
You're love-shy
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.