[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys, I need help, I'm having finals next month from math
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: book_guide_hero_books[1].png (48 KB, 454x478) Image search: [Google]
book_guide_hero_books[1].png
48 KB, 454x478
Guys, I need help, I'm having finals next month from math and physics. I'm pretty bad at those and didn't pay nearly as much attention as i should have. How do I study for these shitty fucking subjects? Do you have any general tips for studying?
>>
File: UXrwk0Z.jpg (258 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UXrwk0Z.jpg
258 KB, 1920x1080
>>25004716

THese are not subjects one can just study in. Its going to require some repetition and practice problems. My advice would be to go through some of the concepts in your book and do the practice tests. Also, try asking the instructor for some extra help/practice problems. Perhaps he/she might have an old exam he would not mind letting you attempt for practice.

You are going to need to do more math and word problems, as well as practice the concepts. If you are still stuck on them, try going in during office hours or seeing a math tutor on campus. If that isnt your thing, try YouTube videos
>>
File: 1440002773973.jpg (213 KB, 826x720) Image search: [Google]
1440002773973.jpg
213 KB, 826x720
>>25004742
Thanks, Anon. practice is propably the only way
>>
>>25004775
the good news is that you have a month. that is plenty of time to brush up on the shit you might have missed. Godspeed anon
>>
>>25004742
This. Math and physics requires practice.

My technique is to read through the text and take my own notes to get familiar with the concepts. Then just do as many practice problems as you can. Check online for past exams you can go through. Time yourself while you take them and don't refer to your notes if you can, this will prepare you for actually taking the exam.

Make sure you don't just look at the solution and think "oh yeah, I know how to do that". Chances are you wont be able to replicate the solution when given a blank piece of paper during an exam.

Stick with it anon. Once you get caught up and start being able to do problems correctly, it'll become more and more rewarding.
>>
>>25004797
Oh, and khan academy is good for math. They do a great job at explaining things clearly and concisely.
>>
>>25004797
>Make sure you don't just look at the solution and think "oh yeah, I know how to do that"
I've always done this, and I've always had shitty results. This is a very good advice
>>
Post your skype, I might be able to help you out. Obviously it will depend on what year of university you are in, but if you are first or second year I can most likely help you out.

If you don't want to post skype, the advice I can give is similar to what everyone else has been saying. Understand the fundamental concepts and just do practice problems. They key to being good at physics is having a strong grasp of the fundamentals, once you have the ability to work through problems and derive formulas from the very basics, you can pretty much solve anything.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.