[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's starting to happen even on 4chan. Every year more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
It's starting to happen even on 4chan.

Every year more kids come.
Every year we get older.

Soon we won't even understand our own site.
>>
>26
>There's 18 year olds on this site

NONE OF YOU UNDERSTAND THE FEEL THAT IS TO COME.
>>
>>25557109

i'm 26 now and I was a /b/tard when I was 15

the feels are killing me more than my alcoholism and drug abuse
>>
Kek. Worrying about the future when you could be living in the moment, posting dank memes. Your time has come and gone already old man.
>>
>>25557056
so you browse tumblr faggot?
>>
I hate this site. In the last 5 years everything has been just forced memes that just keep getting more normie shit. Must be because reddit and all those big social media sites have slowly crept into this site.

All is lost.
>>
>>25557056
>iktf
Time's Arrow is the biggest rapenist dick in the universe, bud.
>>
If you have been here since 2010 or before, you know 4chan changes every 1 year or so now. Get fucked with your ''influx of kids'', it happens every year,
>>
I turned 18 this September

I'm coming for your old ass faggot
>>
>>25557892
Get ready for time to accelerate youngling.
>>
>>25557612
I think he's referring to the gradual changes. Think of the ship of Theseus.
>>
File: 1292137779647.png (4 KB, 300x163) Image search: [Google]
1292137779647.png
4 KB, 300x163
>>25557056
>tfw 23
>tfw barely not old yet
>>
>>25557056
>Soon we won't even understand our own site
It was getting to that point here before mook gave us some moderation
>>
>next year will mark a full decade of me browsing this site

This is a lot more depressing than I thought it would be. Seriously though, there's no way that this place hasn't fundamentally changed me. I wonder how life would've been without it.
>>
>>25557056
When will it happen?

I need something to force me away from this site. It's productivity poison.
>>
>>25559030
When funny pewdiepie memes are unironic.
>>
File: 1441986868699.jpg (818 KB, 1200x1638) Image search: [Google]
1441986868699.jpg
818 KB, 1200x1638
Officially happened when the new janitors got hired for me. I swear a bunch of the new jannies are like 18-19 year old hot heads who think it's their duty to shape board culture to what they want it to be.

I see way too may threads that break zero rules get deleted because janitors don't like them. It isn't uncommon to get banned for breaking benign/inconsequential rules these days as well. Been here for nearly a decade, doesn't feel like home anymore.

Sortof upset that Hiro boasted about the importance of a free speech environment like an anonymous image board before hiring a bunch of new mods and jannies to ban people who criticize the moderation. That's an authoritarian environment, not a free speech one. People used to never get banned for that shit.
>>
So many cucks n twinks
>>
>>25559125
at least in /pol/ it's pretty free speech
>>
>>25559172
Try criticizing the moderation there. I'm not talking about being socially edgy, I'm talking about literal uncontrolled speech. I see reason to moderate stuff that conflicts with federal law. Past that, moderating the "rules" has never really been much of a thing until extremely recently on most boards. /a/ and a few slow boards have always been a little strict but /r9k/ used to literally be free speech the board with a filter to make shitposting challenging and prevent /b/ 2.0.
>>
>>25559125
faggot detected. You fag types were out of control here. Now you're not. That's an improvement. Cry them faggot tears though, kek
>>
>>25559344
There is nothing in the rules that says we can't have faggot threads, we can't have fembot threads and that we can't have woman hate threads. Just a few examples of threads that get deleted because a janitor doesn't like them. It's abuse, whether or not you personally agree is irrelevant.
>>
>>25559282
I got banned for 2 weeks for saying a guy was from another board in a thread /r9k/s new mod simply didn't like.

I checked the ban page, it turned out a whole bunch of people saying nothing against the rules were banned.

/r9k/ barely had a mod a year ago and it wasn't nearly as shit as it is now.
>>
>>25559363
I still see plenty of misogyny threads around. Good riddance to fembot and faggot threads.
>>
My retail feels thread got deleted yesterday.

Why? What's wrong with the new mod?
>>
>>25559510
He's a newfag who thinks he owns the place.

Mott was a faggot, but at least he tried to keep his mods in line.
>>
I already don't understand modern internet culture, especially things centered around smartphones and emojis whatever the fuck those are since I dont have one

I mean someone translate these normie runes for me
>>
>>25560826
>carrie fisher

only an old drunk woman would write like that
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.