[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The entire internet is saved onto a computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bibliotheca_Alexandrina

Basically, the Egyptians have built a new Library of Alexandria, and have within this Library a bunch of computers that saves all the info on the internet. So If the goes down globally for some reason and we lose all the sites and info we got, like in a global SHTF scenario, we would have to go poking around a building in fucking Egypt to rediscover the internet.
>>
Egypt is number one
>>
>>25475117
So all my shitposts will be preserved forever. Who knows, maybe someday some historian will read through them like we robots are reading through >>25473077 right now
>>
>>25475117
Bullshit, inb4 they bought A bunch of servers to archive a few sites like Twitter, insta, and Huffington post
>>
>>25475117
>implying this wouldn't be utterly destroyed if shtf
>implying nearly every developed government hasn't done this already
>>
So essentially it's like a fucking massive version of the Wayback Machine, as in that you could access dead websites if you had access to this thing?
>>
>>25475117

When you say internet do you mean the surface or the deep/dark?
>>
>>25475233
>>25475422
>>25475510

>The BA maintains the only mirror and external backup of the Internet Archive.

Basically anything saved on the Internet archive will be stored, as far as I can tell. Get to archiving robots.
>>
File: Wayback machine.png (13 KB, 562x478) Image search: [Google]
Wayback machine.png
13 KB, 562x478
>>25476586
Nevermind... We'll just be forgotten.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.