[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I added a girl I met in a pub last night on facebook. She accepted,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: ill-fitting suits.jpg (83 KB, 641x960) Image search: [Google]
ill-fitting suits.jpg
83 KB, 641x960
I added a girl I met in a pub last night on facebook. She accepted, and now I want to ask her out. How do I not sound like an assburger while doing it?
>>
I met my GF, who I've been with for four years, at a mutual friend's birthday party, and I asked her out on Facebook after meeting her because I wasn't going to see her otherwise. Reading over the message now, it's not amazing, but apparently it worked. Maybe you can glean something from it.

---

Hi! It was nice meeting you yesterday, you seem like a really cool person. Would you be interested in going out to see a movie and get a bite to eat with me next Sunday? You mentioned you were into avant garde film, which I could definitely stand to see more of (not having much experience with it), but failing to find any such films being shown next weekend, I found a neat-sounding documentary about the CIA at Kendall Square: http://test.landmarktheatres.com/lmk/12632.html
What would you think of going to the 6:45 showtime and grabbing some food afterwards? (Side note: a different theater is showing The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly on Saturday, which I absolutely love but which you've almost definitely seen already.)
>>
>>25098414
B8
Original comment righ here senpai
>>
>>25098414
Well that's kinda the tone I had in mind yeah. Don't know what she actually... likes... so might jus ask her if she wants to get a coffee
>>
>>25098472
Yeah, at the birthday party we talked a decent amount (or anyway, I was present in group conversations where she was talking), so I knew a decent amount about her. It definitely helps if you're doing this kind of thing to find some common ground so you're not just asking her out without you knowing anything about each other. Not saying you won't succeed, just that it might be tougher.

If you are just asking to get a coffee, obviously I'd make the message shorter than mine was.
>>
Unrelated but I like the picture op, Chad and Stacy chilling with a lesser couple, puts things into perspective.
>>
>>25098519
na I saved/posted it because both of their suits are horrendously ill-fitting. We don't really operate on the chad/robot spectrum here in Ireland. Though if we did, that guy is not a Chad
>>
>>25098536
Unrelated to the thread, but have you seen the movie Brooklyn that came out recently? Curious to hear an Irish perspective on it.
>>
>>25098557
no sir. I understand Saoirse Ronan is good in it. Was actually at a film festival afterparty that she was at. I'd never (and still havent) seen a film with her in it, so I didn't go talk to her.
>>
>>25098576
Oh, wow, that's pretty cool. What were you doing at the party?
>>
>>25098591
>What were you doing at the party?
Serving wine
>>
>>25098591
Was volunteering at the film festival, running screenings and shit and getting drunk on free wine

>>25098611
Na, I think I stole like 3 bottles
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.