[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age are you supposed to outgrow 4chan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8
File: Jeffery.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Jeffery.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
At what age are you supposed to outgrow 4chan?
>>
>>25328627
We're like fairy godparents. We disappear when you don't need us anymore.
>>
>>25328627
When it shuts down for good. Then and only then will you know.
>>
I don't know, I'm 14 and feel like I fit right in!

THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22 THIS IS A JOKE I'M 22
>>
>>25328627
never, it'll probably fall apart, crash and the website dies horribly thanks to the incompetent hiro, several shitty "4chans" made by the anons who browsed this site and after all that i'll probably move to another chan
>>
File: 1441986868699.jpg (818 KB, 1200x1638) Image search: [Google]
1441986868699.jpg
818 KB, 1200x1638
>>25328627
It should start setting in hard around age twenty three I think, it is for me. Too many people 5-10 years younger start coming in and it's harder to associate with other posters. I feel like the average poster is 16-22.

I've been posting here for nine years now, and ever since the new janitors got hired this is the first time in that entire period where 4chan hasn't felt like home. I think that might mean I'm outgrowing it but it also might just be the new jannies. Threads that don't break laws actually get deleted and that's like, wtf? Most of my favorite threads get trashed these days.
>>
I'm 25 and feel like a fucking monster still coming here. Let's say 21.
>>
>>25328725
And what are these favourite threads, dumb anime poster-kun?
>>
>>25328796
Socializing threads, anime shitposting threads, flirting threads, stuff like that. I've been using this site for almost a decade and it's only within the last year that such threads have been deleted. Massive groups of people that have been here and hung out with each other for years up and moved elsewhere and made their own boards and shit. I've lost touch with a few good friends this way.

I'm a little disgusted that Hiro boasted of how it's important that environments that promote free speech like 4chan exist before letting on a bunch of jannies and moderators that enforce benign rules too thoroughly or even delete threads that they don't like even when they don't break any rules. Making a post like this would never get you in any trouble a few years back, but I run a serious risk of being banned for complaining about moderation posting this and to me that's an authoritarian environment, not a free-speech environment.

But oh well, this website is for the next half-generation I guess, not me.
>>
>been here since 2004
>17 years old
>shit seemed to get stale in 2009-2010
>popped my head in once awhile
>memes got less funny
>people got more pathetic
>it's always girlfriend fucking this, qt that, cutfag this
>users started being shitty to one another instead of fucking up random people's shit on myspace or writing dramaticas about dipshits on deviant art
>no more raids

>actual racism (we were charging lazorz back in the day, but no one actually meant it)
>southerners and depressive little dipshits trying to find a name for themsevles in zionism, nationalist and other bs

I just come back once every couple of months to see what's up

This place is sickening to tell you the truth
>>
>>25329008
I've been here since 2004 too and it's been shit since they removed /l/
>>
>>25328941
And nothing of value was lost. Dumb anime posters btfo.
>>
until I forget how to use the internet because of old age.
>>
File: 1450143302931.png (1 MB, 904x1076) Image search: [Google]
1450143302931.png
1 MB, 904x1076
>>25329008
Everything that made up this website in 2006-2008 is still here, it's just under a pile of shit and you have to dig.

I feel like I have to dig too deeply lately, though.

Consider bouncing around different boards, I guarantee you there are communities you will fit in on here somewhere, even if it's a slow board. Just make longer posts, slow boards usually have people who are more interested in in-depth discussion.

I started using /r9k/ again because it was getting super fucking cool in the months before the robot got flipped back on, but it's crumbling again now and losing traffic, due to over-moderation I think. I've been putting my feet back into /tv/, /a/, /m/, /out/ and /lit/ lately because of that.
>>
File: 1450549322902.jpg (389 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450549322902.jpg
389 KB, 1280x720
>>25329083
It's completely acceptable to dislike something or a certain kind of poster. I don't think it's acceptable to remove people you dislike from an environment they are allowed to be in because you are in a position of power to do so. That's how you ruin a place.

Notice how slow the board has become the last couple of weeks.
>>
26 here. Been here since I was 16 or 17.

Where do you want me to go, OP? Leddit? Facebook? Tumblr? At least when I was younger 4chan had decent alternatives - now it's far and away the best place to discuss my interests.
>>
>>25329098
I've been avoiding /tv/ like the plague to do Shit Wars.
>>
>>25329098
yea the mods got super mad at the fembot thread
>>
File: Traitor posting.png (279 KB, 758x424) Image search: [Google]
Traitor posting.png
279 KB, 758x424
>>25329262
You begin your journey in this place through memes, and you end it through memes. It's full circle.
>>
File: limewire.jpg (31 KB, 265x264) Image search: [Google]
limewire.jpg
31 KB, 265x264
>>25329098
Also alot of younger kids come here,
I feel like an old man when on the boards.

I pop into /a/ one a month, and back when digimon xros was playing I was in /m/, /v/ is a mess,
I just don't know dude.

Also the mentality of the board/site
>having a girlfriend is everything
>anything can be used as an insecurity (race, height, nationality, interests, color of your hair , breast size,dick size, eye color)
> having your shit together means you are a normalfag
>having ambition is frowned upon

Seriously what's wrong with people here?
>>
>>25328725
Where have all the Buffalo gone?
>>
>>25329707
It's a bit of an overgeneralization to think that everyone is like that here, though I post very little on this board now because well, I think all of the cool people are leaving/have left because of the SS squad and their thread deleting machine.

I find that the NEET-pride thing has kindof faded recently too and the board culture has shifted more into people who want to talk about random shit or blogbitchhug with each other and don't want to be on /b/ because it sucks there.
>>
>>25329154
the board has improved dramatically thanks to the moderation lately. If it's slowed down it's because a lot of the pure shit is gone. Fag, soc and fembot threads all belong elsewhere
>>
>>25329158
This honestly. I'm 25 but I see NORMIES wasting hours of their time on Facebook and Reddit and it makes me realize that 4chan can't possibly be worse . Also I'm /pol/ so seeing everyone just share libtard articles on Facebook all day and agreeing with each other about their liberal opinions infuriates me.
>>
File: 1448354868552.jpg (152 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1448354868552.jpg
152 KB, 1024x768
>>25330072
There is nothing in the rules that says women and fags cannot use this board. The fact that female and fag related threads get deleted is blatant moderation abuse.
>>
>>25329978
idk man, take a gander at the current topics
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.